Chapter 11: New Commitments

Transactional Relations At The Incheon International Airport Cafe

The following Monday was a hectic day to start out the week especially for Seulgi. She was finishing up all necessary assignments before Saturday, November 26th, her wedding date.

 

The wedding was scheduled to take place at The Westin Chosun Seoul, one of the main dining halls would host the ceremony. The guests had the option to book a room for the night but the reception would take place at Seulgi's parents' house.

 

Seulgi didn't want to burden her parents but they insisted on helping out so Seulgi and Jimin wouldn't have to hire a catering company. Right after the ceremony, Seulgi and Jimin booked a trip to fly to Byron Bay, Australia for their honeymoon. Seulgi's mind was all over the place as she was assisting any last minute details that needed fixing.

 

She called and emailed the wedding planner, cake decorator, DJ, and even the priest to confirm that everything was right on track. Seulgi was browsing through potential candidates for Kompass and taking notes when her phone rang.

 

"Kompass Human Resources Department, this is Miss Seulgi how can I help you?" Seulgi said in her professional tone.

 

"Hi Seulgi this is Boss Chaerin speaking I want you to dock two days of pay from Hyojin, she will return to work on Wednesday," CL said in a stern voice.

 

"Yes Boss Chaerin I will get on that right now," Seulgi said and hung up the phone.

 

She sat back in her chair and thought, "Wow Hyojin is one lucky person to mouth off to the boss and still be employed. That is something you don't see every day. Well we are understaffed maybe that is the reason."

 

Seulgi shrugged her shoulders and clicked her mouse on Hyojin's file to add her suspension when there was a knock at the door.

 

"Come in," Seulgi said continuing to type.

 

"Hi Seulgi sorry to bother you but I was wondering if you are free tonight?" Seungwan peeked her head in and said in a soft voice.

 

Seulgi swiveled in her chair and pointed to herself and said, "Me? What do you and Joohyun have planned so I can let Jimin know or can he come too?"

 

Seungwan started to sway side to side in the doorway clearly nervous and said, "No Jimin and Joohyun can't come this time. I only want you there."

 

Seulgi narrowed her eyes as she looked Seungwan over and said, "Alright I will go but make sure you text me the time and place, okay?"

 

Seungwan's face lit up and she broke into a huge smile and replied, "Okay! Thanks again!"

 

Seungwan closed the door behind her and Seulgi sat back in her chair with her hands on top of her head thinking, "This outing with Joohyun's girlfriend might be the distraction I need."

 

Seulgi straighten her posture and continue sorting through her paper work and making phone calls.

 

Seungri stepped back into the kitchen after his much needed smoke break when he passed by Joohyun's office and found the door open. She was sitting cross legged studying some papers on her desk when the wallpaper of her computer screen caught Seungri's attention. He had a split second to look but the picture was taken at the Halloween party that Seulgi and Jimin threw. Joohyun was dressed as a high society woman Seungri guessed and she was kissing her date on the cheek in the picture. Seungri couldn't make out the man's face but he was dressed as a Minion he knew that.

 

"What a wimp!" Seungri thought. "Man her fiancee is short so she is attracted to short guys who knew. Sorry honey I am 5'10."

 

Seungri scoffed to himself as Joohyun looked up from her paper work and saw him standing there.

 

"Yes? Do you need anything?" Joohyun asked not wanting to hear the answer.

 

Seungri smirked at her and thought of something inappropriate to say but decided not to.

 

"No I'm good," Seungri said and made his way back to his work table.

 

Seungri relished the feeling of success he got when he saw the look of confusion on Joohyun's face.

 

"I promised myself I wouldn't to anything to draw attention so I will stand back and wait for her to get comfortable and without her realizing it I will expose this sham of an engagement. Because that's what it is besides no one can resist me," Seungri thought while adjusting the collar of his chef coat before chopping the garlic for the soup. 

 

 

 

In addition to working full-time at the Incheon International Airport Cafe, Seungwan applied for a part-time job at the Tmark Grand Hotel. She was employed with the catering staff but this time as a server and would only assist in the cooking department if one of the chefs called out or requested vacation.

 

Seungwan was grateful that Joohyun let her stay in her condo and shortly after Seungwan moved in Joohyun kept referring to the condo as our place. Seungwan took a paid cut from the salary she was earning in Toronto to what she is making now in Seoul. Joohyun also worked part-time at the Tmark Grand Hotel but as a bartender on the rooftop bar.

 

Seungwan and Joohyun agreed on second jobs but this time in separate areas of the hotel but they still checked on each other from time to time. Seungwan more than Joohyun because a job as a bartender meant flirting and ual advances from the desperate men that rushed to the bar fighting for Joohyun's attention.

 

On Joohyun's first night of bartending, her boss Lee Sangmin, an odd looking man with glasses approached Joohyun with his hand held out to shake.

 

"Wow! You are very pretty! I think you will bring in a lot of customers and make great tips!," Lee Sangmin said showing his overbite.

 

Joohyun put out her left hand to shake his hand and he turned her hand over and examined the ring on her finger.

 

"What's this? I am sorry but if you want to work behind my bar then this has got to go! Put it in your pocket. Keep it in your purse. Just don't wear it until your shift is over. You will thank me later when you see the tips you will receive from appearing to be single. It is for your own good," Lee Sangmin said and turned around to show Joohyun the rest of the bar.

 

Joohyun looked down at Seungwan's college ring and slipped it off of her finger and placed it in her jean pocket but not before placing a kiss on it.

 

Seungwan was in the hotel's kitchen adjusting her bow tie and vest when her boss Kang Hodong called out her name.

 

"Son Seungwan! Please report to my office so we can finish up your paper work and you can start working tonight," he said as he gestured his hand for her to follow.

 

Kang Hodong motioned for Seungwan to take a seat in a very cramp office so she sat right up against the wall.

 

"I must forewarn you that this position is a seasonal job and sometimes there wouldn't be banquets to cater to so you may find yourself looking for other employment. Are you still certain you want this job?" Kang Hodong said with a look of worry.

 

"Yes I am staying on board," Seungwan said.

 

"Good to know so for your first assignment you will serve a wedding party of 1,400 people. We are a five star hotel so we hold not big but huge events. I can assure you that while you are here you won't be bore. I assigned you to work with Junhyung for the night, he has been working with us for five months now. He will show you everything you need to know," Kang Hodong said and stood up and led her to where Junhyung was working.

 

"Junhyung, this is Seungwan she will be assisting you for all of the main banquets so please teach her well."

 

"Yes Boss Kang Hodong I will," Junhyung said as he let his eyes examine Seungwan from head to toe.

 

He bite his lip and said, "Okay first let's take these white tablecloths and put them on the tables by the right side of the dining hall."

 

"Sure," Seungwan said as she bent over the table to grab the cloths she thought she saw Junhyung staring at her .

 

Maybe she was mistaken besides it was her first night and she didn't want to create a scene.

 

As the wedding party continued in the dining hall, the kitchen ran out of liquor so Kang Hodong gave Seungwan and Junhyung the task of fetching liquor from the rooftop bar. Seungwan was eccastic to hear the request as it meant that she got the chance to see Joohyun.

 

When the elevator stopped on the 52nd floor, the sound of a throbbing bass and colorful lights greeted them. There was a swimming pool surrounded by lounge chairs and waiters rushing around the small kitchen in the back. Seungwan saw Joohyun leaning over to put ice in the martini shaker and started shaking it.

 

"Whoa! Who is she? She must be new! She is gorgeous! But I have my eye on someone else," Junhyung said wiggling his brows. Seungwan gave him a questioning look but laughed.

 

Joohyun was shaking the drink when she saw Seungwan enter the bar she smiled but her smile disappeared when she witnessed Seungwan laughing at her guy friend. Joohyun hated being easily jealous but she knew Korean men would precede Seungwan's friendliness as a way to flirt with her. Seungwan and Junhyung approached the bar and Junhyung called Joohyun over to them.

 

"We are serving a wedding party with 1,400 guests and our boss instructed us to take two cases of champagne. His name is Kang Hodong if you need to call him to clarify," Junhyung said.

 

"Let me ask my boss because this is my first night bartending," Joohyun said and ran off to find Lee Sangmin.

 

Junhyung turned back to Seungwan and said, "So where did you live before you moved to Korea?"

 

"Is it that obvious that I am a foreigner?" Seungwan asked.

 

"Yeah in a way," Junhyung said and they both laughed.

 

Joohyun returned to see her Wannie bonding and laughing with this creep.

 

"Lee Sangmin said go around back and use the flatbed to transport it but bring the flatbed back," Joohyun said staring at Seungwan who was playing with her hands.

 

"Thanks," Junhyung said and they made their way to the back to gather the cases of champagne.

 

As Seungwan and Junhyung were loading the flatbed into the elevator, Seungwan looked up for a second to see Joohyun watching her intently from behind the bar. Seungwan gulped and stared at the ceiling of the elevator as the doors shut.

 

The clock struck midnight and Seungwan completed her first catering shift as a server as Joohyun completed her first shift as a bartender. Seungwan thanked Junhyung for his guidance and made her way up to the 52nd floor to see Joohyun. As the elevator doors opened, Seungwan saw Joohyun wiping down the surface of the counter standing behind the bar.

 

Seungwan strolled to the bar and took a seat and said, "May I order a cocktail from the pretty new bartender?"

 

Joohyun chuckled and said, "I think I had all the greasiness I can take for one night."

 

Seungwan looked concern and said, "The men here were they out of line?"

 

Joohyun gave a small smile and said, "No, nothing I couldn't handle."

 

Joohyun reached into her jean pocket and pulled out her ring and placed it back on her finger.

 

"Let me grab my purse and clock out so we can get going," Joohyun said and ran to the back.

 

Seungwan turned her stool around to look at the skyline view of Seoul and watch the water move in the swimming pool.

 

She felt two hands wrap around her waist and a soft voice whisper in her ear, "Ready to head home and cuddle."

 

Seungwan spun her stool around and said, "Always."

 

She gave Joohyun a quick peck on the lips as they made their way to the elevator. When they arrived home they were exhausted that they stripped their clothes and climbed in bed to cuddle for the night.

 

 

 

It was midweek at the Incheon International Airport Cafe and flights were over booked and business in the cafe was beneficial. Hyojin was released from her suspension and it showed as she wasn't her usual loud and extra self.

 

Hoseok had a stern discussion with her about how her behavior needed to improve and how fortunate she was to be employed by Kompass after disrespecting Boss Chaerin. Hyojin stood still and nodded in agreement throughout Hoseok's speech and went straight to making lattes.

 

Joy and Taehyung were waiting for the announcement that one of them had to be transferred to another building. They were aware that they didn't hide their relationship as good as they hoped. Taehyung would have bet any amount of money that Seungri would have narc on him to their administrators. But Taehyung noticed that Seungri was acting different this week and he grew suspicious. Seungri was quiet and focused on his work refraining from making nasty remarks about Joohyun or women in general. This was a sudden drastic change for Taehyung and he wasn't falling for it because Seungri was up to something. Fearing that Seungri's silence was a scheme to separate Joy and him, Taehyung thought maybe he should try to initiate conversation about women to see if Seungri would break.

 

"So I was told you weren't invited to Seulgi's wedding because you didn't secure a date in enough time," Taehyung said while laughing.

 

"No I wasn't invited because I can't stand that stuck-up engineer she is marrying who walks around here like he owns the place," Seungri said as he continued to julienne the green bell peppers.

 

"Hey Jimin is a good guy you are just envious of anyone who happens to date the females in this kitchen," Taehyung said.

 

Seungri shrugged and said, "Maybe....do I think Seulgi can find someone better absolutely."

 

Taehyung his teeth and said, "What like you? You have a thing for engaged women you know."

 

Seungri put his head up and said, "Let's get one thing straight Seulgi is gorgeous and all. But my ideal woman has a pretty face and nice and so I basically described Miss Joohyun."

 

Seungwan overhead the whole conversation and she set her knife down and went to Joohyun's office door and knocked.

 

Joohyun answered a little shocked to see Seungwan standing there as her office was on the other side of the wall.

 

"Seungwan, what's wrong?" Joohyun said startled.

 

Seungwan grabbed Joohyun in a tight embrace and buried her face in her neck.

 

"I just need a break from all of the testosterone that is suffocating the kitchen," Seungwan said while her lips were tickling Joohyun's neck.

 

"Wannie I want you to come to me whenever you need to but we have to be cautious at work okay?" Joohyun said as she picked Seungwan's head up and cupped her cheeks.

 

Joohyun leaned forward and placed a kiss on Seungwan's lips. Seungwan inserted her tongue into Joohyun's mouth as Joohyun ran her fingers through Seungwan's hair. They were letting their hands roam all over their bodies and releasing a few moans and kissing each other harder when Seulgi's office door opened and she called Seungri to her.

 

Seungri was walking to Seulgi's office as Seungnwan was walking out of Joohyun's office fixing her hair and Joohyun fixing her skirt. "What the....." Seungri mumbled under his breath.

 

"Close the door," Seulgi said as Seungri entered and she motioned for him to take a seat.

 

"I wanted to inform you that my office door was open when you were having your....how should I say it? Locker room talk with Taehyung."

 

Seungri jerked in his seat and shouted, "But he started it!"

 

Seulgi put her hand up to insist that Seungri would not interrupt her again and said, "It doesn't concern me who started it just know that I have been keeping notes on every inappropriate remark or word you used over the months. In conclusion this document I am presenting to you is your final written warning you may read it and sign and date the bottom if you like or don't. One way or another this piece of paper will be placed in your employment file and I will fax this to Boss Chaerin. Do I make myself clear?" Seulgi finished narrowing her eyes at Seungri.

 

"I bet if Joohyun wasn't your best friend then you wouldn't care what I said. Am I right?" Seungri picked his face up from staring at the floor, rage building inside him.

 

"You can believe whatever you want to believe to justify your horrendous actions but this type of behavior has gone on for too long and I should have done something sooner but I am doing something now," Seulgi said as she took back the paper and placed it in the folder.

 

Seungri stood up and shaking his finger at Seulgi said, "I am going to fight this mark my words! You are not going to put me in the unemployment line! Work in any kitchen around Seoul everyone uses that language to speak but Oooohhh I forgot you women with your high and mighty job titles! You think you are better than me! NO madam! This is a man's world in Korea so you better wake up and get use to it," Seungri finished as he stomped out of her office and went to Namjoon's work table to ask for permission to clock out early and return to work level headed tomorrow.

 

On his way out, Seungri walked pass Joohyun's office door and mumbled, "This is all because of you! You had to find someone else if that even is the truth! I will find out what you are hiding because no one rejects me!"

 

Seungri pushed the double doors and sped out of the parking lot.

 

 

 

It was a clear and sunny day for Seulgi and Jimin's wedding ceremony that was scheduled to start at 3pm. A parade of black town cars blocked the main entrance of The Westin Chosun Seoul. The color scheme for the ceremony was a light yellow and white. The aisles surrounding the dining hall were decorated with hydrangea flowers, the bridesmaids wore a hydrangea in their hair. The bridesmaids dresses were a light yellow paired with white 4 inch heels.

 

Seungwan arrived at the venue in a white crochet lace cocktail dress with 4 inch heels and a small white purse she looked around and noticed Taehyung by himself.

 

As soon as Taehyung saw Seungwan he walked over and said, "Miss Seungwan I want to apologize for anything inappropriate that Seungri has said about Miss Joohyun. I didn't mean to initiate that conversation it's just it was so out of character for him to be standoffish. I thought he was going to confess to outing Joy and me as a couple to management. I had no idea that he would take that opportunity to be so foul about Miss Joohyun," Taehyung said barely taking a breath.

 

"Taehyung it is alright. No need to worry it is all over with let's just leave work behind and celebrate," Seungwan said as she patted Taehyung's shoulder.

 

"I like that," Taehyung said with a smile.

 

They took their seats with the rest of the guests as the music started to play. Joohyun was accompanied down the aisle by Jimin's close friend Jin, the crowd oh and ah when they saw them together but Joohyun reached for Seungwan's hand and gave it a soft squeeze as she walked by.

 

The little girl who sat next to Seungwan said "Haha worldwide handsome" and pointed at Jin.

 

Seungwan had to admit Jin and Joohyun made a visually stunning couple. The music changed to the traditional song the bride walks down the aisle to and the audience left their seats. Seulgi was led down the aisle by her father both beaming with happiness written on their faces. Mr. Kang shook Jimin's hand and gave him a pat on the back before he gave him Seulgi's hand. Seulgi and Jimin were smiling and crying throughout the reading of their vows, Jimin sang a song he wrote for Seulgi called Serendipity. The priest announced that they could seal their commitment with a kiss and Jimin pulled back the veil and cupped Seulgi's face for a gentle but long kiss.

 

"Oohh so sweet" was heard throughout the seating gallery.

 

Jimin and Seulgi ran out of the hotel's entrance to a shower of hydrangea pedals to the town car with "Just Married" written on the back windshield. Seungwan found Joohyun in the crowd and stood next to her. Joohyun wrapped her arms around Seungwan and placed her chin on her shoulder.

 

"I am so happy for Seulgi her wedding was so beautiful and I am grateful that you were my date," Joohyun said as she kissed Seungwan's cheek.

 

"I am glad I was invited," Seungwan said and smiled.

 

Seungwan turned to Joohyun and grabbed her hand and said, "You ready to eat."

 

Joohyun laughed and said, "Sure I will drive us to Seulgi's parents' house."

 

Seungwan and Joohyun arrived a little later than the other guests as they couldn't keep their hands off of each other in the car.

 

"Hey what happen to the two of you? I thought you weren't coming," Seulgi said as Seungwan and Joohyun walked through the front door.

 

"Nothing major let's just drop it," Joohyun said scratching the back of her neck.

 

Seulgi eyed both women suspiciously and said, "Okay then, well there is plenty of food so grab a plate."

 

Joohyun and Seungwan filled the plate until every inch of it was covered. Seungwan was lying back on Seulgi's parents couch feeling bloated because she ate everything on her plate.

 

It was after 8pm and most of the party guests dispersed so Joohyun and Seungwan were the last to leave. Joohyun wanted to say goodbye to Seulgi before Seulgi went on her honeymoon. Seulgi had her suitcase in her old bedroom when Joohyun tapped on the door.

 

"Hey Joohyun you are still here?" Seulgi stopped packing and smiled.

 

"Of course I wanted to stay around and see you before you leave town and to thank you for everything you have done for me," Joohyun said while taking Seulgi's hands into hers.

 

Seulgi looked at Joohyun warmly and said, "Joohyun we are best friends, we work together, went to college together, you were right by my side through thick and thin and you don't need to thank me for anything."

 

Joohyun swung her arms with Seulgi and let them fall to her side and said, "You are wrong about that because without your help I would have never found Seungwan. Look at how much I have changed since Seungwan entered my life, I leave my condo, I am facing my fears, and to top it off I am trying my hand at bartending."

 

Seulgi laughed as she was wiping away tears. Joohyun sat on Seulgi's bed right next to her and placed her hand on Seulgi's thigh.

 

Joohyun looked in Seulgi's eyes and said, "I know what you did to Seungri for me and now he makes a mistake at work and he is out of my life forever. I know you told me to report him for months but I thought who is going to believe me. Seulgi you are my savior aside from my Wannie. I am so happy for you and I couldn't have chosen a better man than Jimin."

 

Joohyun pulled Seulgi into a tight hug and they cried and stayed like that for hours until Jimin came to the door to take Seulgi to the airport. Seulgi hugged her parents, Seungwan, and Joohyun again before she left for paradise with the love of her life.

 

 

 

The next week felt empty without Seulgi around but Joohyun had Seungwan to keep her company or so she thought. Joohyun noticed that there was something off about Seungwan shortly after the wedding. She was hoping Seungwan would open up and tell her about it even if it crushes her.

 

Maybe she was homesick and wanted to return to Canada or maybe their living situation and working together was too much to handle. Joohyun also noticed how Seungwan and Junhyung were laughing and joking around a little too much for her liking. She wanted to say something to Seungwan about it because it was obvious that Junhyung was attracted to her.

 

Also the lovemaking seemed to get sadder as if it was the last time they were doing it before they were going to break up. Joohyun knew that her relationship with Seungwan would be pegged with flaws from time to time but it was too early to fall off of the rails.

 

On Thursday afternoon, Joohyun found Seungwan sitting in the cafe using her phone to FaceTime her friend back home. Joohyun watched from afar and waited until Seungwan put her phone down before she approached her table.

 

"Hey Hyunnie, what's up?," Seungwan said with a grin on her face.

 

Joohyun grinned back and said, "Is there anything you want to tell me?"

 

Joohyun felt tears forming in her eyes. Seungwan leaned forward and took Joohyun's hand as she made circles on the back of it.

 

"What? No! Why would you think that?" Seungwan asked.

 

Joohyun wiped her eyes but continued to let Seungwan hold her other hand and said, "I don't know ever since Seulgi's wedding you have been acting distant toward me."

 

Seungwan tucked a strand of hair behind Joohyun's ear and said, "I am not avoiding you if that is what you are implying?"

 

Joohyun looked at her hand before she pulled it away and said, "No you aren't but there is something off about you like you are hiding something."

 

Seungwan sighed and said, "Listen how about we grab dinner La Yeon tonight and I will tell you everything is 7:30pm okay?"

 

Joohyun wiped her eyes one last time and walked back to her office. Seungwan left work in a Uber not waiting for Joohyun this time and both women had the night off from the hotel.

 

Joohyun went to the condo to get ready after work she arrived home later than Seungwan and saw that Seungwan stopped by but left in a hurry. Joohyun knew La Yeon was an upscale restaurant and she thought it strange for Seungwan to book a fancy restaurant to break up with her.

 

She had a hard time applying her make-up as thoughts of Seungwan and the time they spent together replayed in her head. She chose a light purple summer dress with black 4 inch heels and her black Chanel handbag. Joohyun stopped for a second to stare at the college ring on her hand pondering if she should wear it tonight but she loved this ring and hated to take it off so she didn't.

 

"Besides I should wear it in case she wants it back," Joohyun sighed as she adjusted the ring on her finger.

 

Her phone ding with a message from Seungwan or My Wannie as it was saved in her phone. The message read on my way to the restaurant see you in 10 minutes. Joohyun's heart dropped she didn't want to face Seungwan but she knew she had to.

 

 She put her phone in her handbag and locked the door to the condo. When she was standing at the front entrance she was debating whether to go in when the hostess at the podium asked if she had a reservation.

 

Joohyun cleared and said softly, "Yes under Son Seungwan."

 

The hostess led Joohyun to a table at the back corner of the restaurant as Seungwan left her seat to help Joohyun sit in hers.

 

"Seungwan this place is wonderful and all but why are we here?" Joohyun said taking in the glass chandeliers and black marble table tops with a candle positioned in the middle.

 

"I have a confession to make but first I thought we should eat," Seungwan said as she held the menu up to her face.

 

Joohyun snatched the menu out of Seungwan's hands and said, "Son Seungwan are you serious? You expect me to be able to swallow my food and enjoy myself when there is something you are keeping from me!"

 

Joohyun was now shaking her finger and Seungwan was wincing afraid of being hit.

 

"Alright I am sorry I will admit I have been somewhat standoffish this entire week," Seungwan said with a shrug.

 

"Somewhat? Are you kidding me? Are you homesick? Do you want to return to Canada? Is that what it is? Are you in love with Junhyung?" Joohyun said firing one question after another.

 

"No! Wait Junhyung? No! Whatever gave you that idea? Just because we work together?(Joohyun cocked her eyebrow playing with her napkin) Okay then what about you and Lee Sangmin? Huh?" Seungwan said as she crossed her arms.

 

Joohyun burst into laughter and said, "You can't be serious he is my boss."

 

Seungwan looked around and said, "Well that doesn't stop some females from trying."

 

Joohyun threw her napkin and it hit Seungwan in her face.

 

Joohyun laughed but cleared and said in a serious tone, "Listen Seungwan if you want to end our relationship you don't have to treat me to an expensive dinner to do it."

 

Seungwan's eyes bulged out and she took Joohyun's hand and held it.

 

"You thought I was going to break up with you? Why would I do that?," Seungwan asked with a confused expression on her face.

 

"Well you are not acting like yourself lately and we jumped into a relationship shortly after we met. I thought you were having regrets and maybe I was to blame," Joohyun said and took her hands away from Seungwan as she sat them in her lap.

 

Seungwan stood up from her chair and made her way over to Joohyun's side of the table and knelt in front of her.

 

She told both of Joohyun's hands and held them as she said, "I had a lot of things on my mind this week I mean big decisions to make and one of them is us. (Joohyun stared at Seungwan with tears in her eyes) Seungwan tucked a strand of hair behind Joohyun's ear and said, "That night I went out with Seulgi she was helping me select the perfect ring for you to wear. A real engagement ring because I want you to marry me. Sorry if my behavior upset you I was riddle with anxiety over how you would respond."

 

Seungwan went back to her chair and retrieved a black velvet box from her handbag and she made her way back to Joohyun on her knees.

 

"This isn't much but Bae Joohyun will you marry me?," Seungwan said as she opened the box to reveal a 3 carat platinum circle cut ring.

 

Joohyun wiped the tears that were falling like a waterfall from her eyes.

 

"Yes Seungwan I will marry you!," Joohyun exclaimed as she gave Seungnwan a tight hug.

 

They resumed their seats and continued with the dinner. Seungwan ordered Braised Chicken in Sweet Soy Sauce while Joohyun ordered the Chilled Pen Shell with Zucchini & Wild Greens Soy Sauce. They spent the rest of the dinner laughing, holding hands across the table, wiping dirt from each other's faces, ordering champagne, and throwing loving looks at each other. Joohyun loved the ring and couldn't wait for Seulgi to see it but more importantly Joohyun is relieved that the old Wannie was back.