Chapter 22: Love and Despair

Girls of the Elites

 

## A bit long so bare with me :D

Mina's POV

It's the break of dawn, Nayeon seemed to shouting and knocking on the Cabin doors. I tried to wake up, and raise my head. I flickered my eyes to clear my vision. To my shock I woke up with Tzuyu having her arms around me. Was she sitting down asleep? Why am I on this side of the bed. As I turned around to see the huge space of the King sized bed over to ours. 'Oh no'. What happened last night. Uh.. uhm

"Eh.. Tzuyu, wake up." I patted her cheeks to wake her up. She squinted at me as she flickered her eyes to see me in a clear vision.

"Mina... what time is it?" She said in a husky voice
"About 3 am, Nayeon is waking everyone up right now."
She hummed and looked around "so, are you okay now?" She said. Looking at me with those worried eyes. She slightly pushed me off and pulled her arms back in. Holding and tapping it as if it were numb.

"What.. happened?"

"I guess you were dreaming last night, you've been crying and fidgeting.. you kept saying to save you."

"I DID WHAT?!"

"I dont know, but All i did was hug you, to calm you down, you seemed really scared, you were really cold so i had to put a blanket over us until you fall asleep, i even watched you to make sure you are okay" She tilted her neck left and right waiting for it to pop. She rotated her neck as if she was exercising.

"Is that why you were sitting down asleep?"

"That.. and that you kept scooting over that I am about to fall" she laughed

"Omygod! That is so embarrassing!" I would die! I would want to die now please!!

"It's fine princess. No harm done" she laughed and stood up. Her tall figure was as visible as it was before. She stretched up and yawned. "Okay? Get ready Princess, we got a lot of training to do today" she began to look around the closet. I stood up and did some stretching as well.

"Well well, there are no shirt or anything to change in?" She looks around and opened some of the drawers. "Ah! Found some. Here you go!" She threw me a blue shirt she found on the drawers.

"Oof! This may be too big for me" she laughed "anyway, I am tall so it's okay ... you should change too Mina."

"But there's no toilet to change for?"

"Then here, use that closet over there." She pointed "or you know what I'll change first."

"Yeah." So she started to change and I turned around as I look around for something to keep my mind busy. I noticed a blinking light bulb on the ceiling, yeah I think I could reach that, I am not THAT short. So I used the bed by the closet where Tzuyu is changing and began to step on it's edge.
"Hey hey hey, I see you through this mirror what are you doing?" Tzuyu called out still with a shirt on.

"Dont worry about me continue changing I got this mahdud"  As I reach out for the light, I grabbed it and twisted it to get it out. "And there!"

"Be careful going down I am still changing and I cant catch you from here."

"I will" so I looked down and slowly tried to drop my foot. However I lost balance once I stepped onto the soft pillow and fell backwards onto Tzuyu.
"Hey!"
"Sorry!"
I landed over Tzuyu's lap, she held me as if she was cradling a baby and She was sitting inside the closet as i fell. Our eyes met in that tragic moment. My arms was around her neck. She held me gently. "I-Im sorry.." I said with a slight pout, "It's fine, I told you to be careful" she looks at the ceiling where I took the bulb out and slightly concentrated to check it out. I stared at her side profile, her jaw line were sharp. I could feel my heart beat faster having my arms around her and she carries me like this. She then turned her face towards me and our eyes met once again. This is definitely our longest stare. I know she could hear my heart beat this loud. I noticed myself leaning closer to her. Her stares melts me. I feel so warm, I feel safe with her. Just so close I could just hear her breathe. I already know she knew from the moment I leaned closer. I held her tighter. And slowly began to tighten my arms onto her neck pulling her gently closer. She doesn't seem to move away from me, she just stared at me at that moment. If i push through, I could just.. let.. her.. know. I saw her closed her eyes calmly.. Did she gave me permission to come closer? Has she let it go? I moved closer and i slowly see her face closer to mine. Our foreheads touched, I could feel her breathe. I felt her nose brush onto mine as I closed my eyes. the closer I leaned.. The closer I felt....

"Hey! You guys! Everyone's leaving now!" Chaeyoung shouted from the other side of the door drastically knocking on the door

Tzuyu's eyes widened. She stared at me and instantly jolted up as she dropped me to the floor. "Ouch!"

"Oh.. uhm. I'm sorry! We gotta go. Here" she tossed me the shirt. "Go ahead and change" She nervously walked out of the room and shut the door while I am on the floor "u-unnie" she called out to Chaeyoung.

"Psh! What a gentleman.. really" Was she.. guilty?

"What took you guys so long?" I could hear Chaeyoung and Tzuyu talk by the door. It was a bit faint but I could understand it a bit.

"Were you sleeping with Mina?" Chaeyoung asked
"No. I slept on the extra mattress.." Tzuyu lied.
"I WAS SUPPOSED TO TAKE MINA" Chaeyoung raised her voice enough for me to hear her rant.
"I know I know I'm sorry, you know it's hard if its me Dahyun and Sana right?"
"Yeah but why Mina?"
"I had no choice.."

I was eavesdropping to their conversation. Hearing those words that she did it to stay away from Sana hurts me. Why am I even trying. I should just really stay with Chaeyoung.. atleast I wouldnt get hurt like this. It seems Chae is sincere anyway. I sighed and opened the door, revealing Chae and Tzuyu looking at me.
"Minari! How was your sleep" Chaeyoung pounced at me like a happy tiger

"It was great." I answered in a monotone and began to walk straight off the halls. I could see Tzuyu look at me and trailed my walk with her stare. And Chaeyoung happily held  my hand the whole walk while Tzuyu trailed the both of us.

The hall was long and it was silent, Chaeyoung remained smiling as she walks holding my hand intertwined with hers.
.
.
.

"There you guys are! What took you guys so long?" Nayeon shouted across the room

"Tzuyu overslept!" Chaeyoung replied

"Okay then! Time for training, but we are not going here."

"Eh?"

"It's time for this kind of training" Nayeon revealed hotspring tickets for the entire group, "WE ARE GOING FOR A NATURE HIKE EVERYONE"

"Nature? At a time like this?" Dahyun nervously commented

"Well, i got some stealth team following Jeongyeon, and we know where she is. For now, WE NEED you to be trained and prepared for any type of battle..." Nayeon explained

"Not all of you can be helped by the Alphas. And you cant be dependent to them in case you get caught..." Somi entered the room

"Yeah, worst case scenario, in case someone gets caught at least you can defend your selves for the meantime." Nayeon added

"So how are we going to get out of this? Your house is trashed isnt it?" Sana spoke

"Trashed, but not destroyed. They are not there anyway. So we can safely get out there.."

"Or.. you can get through my house instead" Wendy commented

"Oh right, can we?"
"Yes you can let's go. I use Exit 9."

The girls began to trail the Alpha tridents and the other alphas follow their backs. They reached Exit 9 and successfully got out of the HQ.

"Well then, time for a retreat everyone!"

They all walked towards the bus station on the way to the train station. "The ride will at least take 3 hours, so just follow me and Somi and we are good to go" Nayeon pointed out

In a few minutes of travel, The girls arrived at the station. They bought tickets for a long trip to the provincial areas and almost booked an entire cable of the train. They waited at least 15 mins for the second train to arrive since there wasn't enough space for the first train. Chaeyoung and Nayeon together with Somi and her Enigma Alphas were gathered around in a circle while they wait. Sana, Mina and Momo together with Dahyun, Tzuyu and Jihyo also had a conversation of their own. The Tridents remained in their own circle and played with the alpha Aeris' as they joke around. The girls had their own circles while waiting for the train to arrive. Some were asleep, Some play games and Some just focuses on their phones. In 15 minutes time the train arrived and they all boarded. The sitting arrangement were a bit messed up so they transferred here and there to get the proper sitting with their respective groups. Chaeyoung sat beside Mina, However Tzuyu sat in front of Mina who was at the window seat.

"Aw! Tzuyu! I wanted the Window seat!" Jihyo whined

"I am younger, let me be unnie." She glanced onto Mina who she caught staring at her and laid her head onto the window and closed her eyes.

Sana and Dahyun are sitting together, with Nayeon and Momo in front of them. The others sat with their own respective partners as well.

"Okay kids, We got at least 2 to 3 hours of travel, so be sure to stay put and don't lose anyone in the group. Catering is found in Cable 5 and 10, and the toilets are just on either doors! Do not stay far away from our Cable which is Cable 7. You got me?" Somi announced.

"Yes Ma'm" Everyone said in Chorus.

The train began to move and their journey towards mountain hill starts.

"Hey, Mina, want something to eat? drink?" Chaeyoung whispered in 30 minutes time

"No, I am fine, Thank you Chae.."

"Okay then. I'll be right back princess" She hopped down and began to walk out of the Cable. Lisa then followed Chaeyoung.

"uh? You following me?" Chaeyoung spoke

"Yeah, I am your Alpha, What if something happens to you, at least I am still here to defend you" Lisa laughed

"Well, we are on the train, I guess we are safe.."

"Nothing is Safe Chae, as an Alpha, we always have to have that sharp instinct" Lisa chuckled. "Anyway, how is your girlfriend doing?" She reached out to her nape folding her arms up, cushioning her head.

"Girlfriend? oh you mean Mina? she's not my girlfriend.. but.. she seems.. fine? well a lot colder than usual tho" Chaeyoung's smile faded

"Colder? what do you mean?"

"You see, Mina used to be really warm towards me, Everyone knows there may be something going on between us. but recently, because of the incident of her sister a week ago, she suddenly changed.."

"You probably did something to upset her, girls are like that.. Even Rose is like that.. but I am happy she still loves me from all the stupid things I do, you know." Lisa snickered.

They both arrived at cable 5 for the canteen and the bar.

"well, isn't cable 5 too far why did we not go to Cable 10 instead?"

"Yeahhhh, I just followed you Master! not my fault you kept walking straight.. the other way.." Lisa shrugged. They both ordered a snack and a drink from the bar. Lisa noticed something by the shelf of the bar. She grinned and pointed at it, then the waiter gave her the bottle. She turned around and lifted the bottle to Chaeyoung "How bout some Soju?" Lisa smiled.

.

.

"So you're telling me.. You've never met someone like Mina before?" Lisa asked Chaeyoung

"hey? what are you girls up to?" Yeri and Minju arrived at cable 5 for some snack.

"yo! Soju?" Lisa raised up the soju bottle from the table and invited them over.

"I am.. 14.." Minju commented.

"well then, at least get some juice and join your unnies for some." Yeri added

"Fine then" Minju laughed

Yeri and Minju ordered drinks from the bar and Minju ordered tons of chicken nuggets. They sat beside Lisa and Chaeyoung as a huge bucket of chicken nuggets were served together with 3 sojus.

"Dang Minju, you'll eat all of those?" Lisa laughed

"Yeah, I am not drinking, so I'll atleast be drunk with chicken nuggets!" Minju laughed

"we wont drink much, it's just like 8 in the morning." Yeri commented

"Yeah and we are having soju for breakfast!" Lisa raised the bottle "Okay, let's hit it!" she poured soju onto their glasses and began to take the first shot

"oh fuuwee! that tasted great!" Lisa exclaimed

"So what is this gathering about, what's with the long face Chaeyoungie?" Yeri asked

"Right, lil Chaeng is having the Mina problem I guess" Lisa called out

"Oh you mean the pretty girl last night?" Minju asked

"Yeap.. apparently, she likes her, and this soft girl became cold after a certain event, she doesn't seem to know how to fix it." Lisa took another shot of soju.

"well, it used to be going fine.. 4 months ago that is.." Chaeyoung replied in husky voice and her head low.

"you should just ask her and go straight to the point" Yeri commented

"yeah, but our girl is shy to do that. that could be easy for you Yeri." Lisa laughed

"What if.. she has someone else in mind?" Minju asked in a serious tone. the aura became quiet

"I don't think so, If it's what you said she used to like you too" Yeri broke the awkward silence

"I don't know if she does.."

"Wait, you mean to say you did not confirm her feelings before?" Lisa widened her eyes as they again took another shot of Soju

"No.. I just assumed I had the chance.."

"Chae.. why did you fall too quick.. that is just risky.." Yeri commented. "You cant possibly survive this if in case she was eyeing someone else... Someone not you?"

"and who do you think she'll be eyeing tho?" Lisa asked

"how about that tall girl in their group, what was her name?" Minju added

"Tzuyu you mean? The one we are assigned to?" Yeri asked

"Yeah  her.. she seems like a potential love interest of Mina.." Minju commented. Chaeyoung's head hanged low again and she began to feel the sadness in her eyes.

"Hey! Chaeyoung, it's just a potential competitor.. I don't think your bestfriend would even do that to you?" Lisa patted Chaeyoung's head.

"No, but I know she likes Sana, Mina's Sister.." Chaeyoung commented

"But who does Mina like?" Minju asked stuffing nuggets into .

"Minju! darling! why do you keep making Chaeyoung uncomfortable?" Yeri chuckled

"I am sorry, I was just asking?" Minju shrugged and continued to munch off her nuggets

"You really are good in comforting a person" Lisa laughed and Minju pouted.

"I don't know who Mina likes, but I could feel it is not me.." Chaeyoung stirred her shot glass with a move of her hand and took a shot

"It's fine, you should probably still have the time anyway." Yeri patted her "Just chill, Relax, and calm down.."

Lisa opened trying to utter a word "Yes I know, they are all the same thing but just different wording, do not comment on it!" Yeri interrupted Lisa just before she could say something and the group laughed.

"you know what, Kampai!" Lisa raised her shot glass and they all laughed as their conversation kept going.

.

.

.

In a few moments, Chaeyoung, Lisa, Yeri and Minju hasn't returned from cable 5.

"Has anyone seen Chaeyoung?" Dahyun announced worriedly

"I think she went to cable 5?" Mina replied "well that was an hour ago?"

"yeah, Lisa seems to not return too" Jennie commented

"So is Minju and Yeri" Joy called out

"I guess they are all in cable 5?" Eunbi added

"Would any one of you check the girls?" Nayeon commanded

Just before one of them leaves the cable, Lisa and Yeri appeared on the cable door with Chaeyoung around their necks. "uh.. yeah.. we might have too much." Lisa laughed. Rose pierced her eyes at Lisa. "uhm.. sorry..". Minju ran back to her seat carrying a whole bucket of Chicken nuggets, the Aeris girls got crazy over the big bucket of nuggets and began eating.

"uh.. We thought she could handle at least 5 sojus, She kept ordering anyway." Yeri commented as they walked over to Chaeyoung's seat and dropped her there.

Chaeyoung was asleep and dropped her head at Mina's shoulder "There you go Mina. She seemed heart broken" Lisa sighed in relief. "and damn she was heavy.."

"for such a small girl.. yes" Yeri laughed as they both sighed

"Why did you make her drink a lot?" Mina asked

"We didn't, she wanted to drink.." Lisa rotated her arms and clicked her neck "She was heart broken" Yeri added

"What?" Mina asked as everyone in the looked towards their way

"Yeah, you should know Mina.." Lisa winked and shrugged

"You should really just tell Chaeyoung how you feel, it looks like she's falling deeply in love with you by the minute" Yeri said as she walks back to her seat. Sana and Momo began to turn their heads at Mina and caught into eye contact with their sister. Mina shrugged, and Sana gestured with her eyes to take care of it. While Tzuyu opened her eyes and began to look at Mina. who was somewhat uncomfortable with the heavy Chaeyoung by her side. She moved around and fidgets, until their eyes met again. Mina's eyes were full of guilt as they both had a few moments of eye contact. Tzuyu's heart was heavy as well, because she knew that she did something wrong. Jihyo noticed both of them glancing at each other. and she already figured out the problem.

Tzuyu shook her head and stared out of the window, in a few moment closed her eyes. she could feel that Mina continued to stare at Tzuyu with a heavy heart. Jihyo continued to observe them and just had a silent nod. Mina tried to figure out how to fix her position with the drunk Chaeyoung. With 2 more hours of travel Chaeyoung remained asleep on Mina's shoulder. Mina continued to read a book and slightly glances onto Tzuyu who she watches as she sleeps with her head laid by the window.

"Mina-ya.." Jihyo whispered calling out the latter

"eh?"

Jihyo stared, smiled and had guilt. Mina just looks at Jihyo, their eye contact was having a sad conversation. and Mina just dropped her head as tears began to fall. Jihyo couldn't do anything but watch. Mina softly tries to wipe the tears away and not make a sound of her heart ache. Jihyo looked around and saw that everyone was asleep waiting for the hour to pass. Mina looked outside the window with tears continuously falling. She glanced over Chaeyoung who was drunk because of her, and glanced over to Tzuyu who was asleep and laid back. She wiped her tears once again and looked at Jihyo who was looking at her. They both understand the feeling, Jihyo knew what Mina was bringing and they continued to talk with their eyes.

"Love.. is complicated, confusing.. but somehow.. there will be a time you just have to pick the right one.." Jihyo whispered as she laid back and began to read her book again. "Follow your heart do not force it.." she continued. Mina's tears fell even more, because she just couldn't decide. Jihyo glanced over her book and saw Mina with the heavy heart.. she closed her book, stared at the crying Mina. "Will you choose the person you love? or the person who loves you?" Jihyo smiled and Mina's tears gradually increases, she kept wiping them but they just wouldn't stop. she shook her head and that she doesn't know what to answer. Jihyo tapped mina's hand. "Everything will be okay.. you'll eventually get to decide.."

"I just don't want to decide.." Mina whispered while wiping her tears.

"but you have to, you cant keep going on like this"

"I don't want to, both are special and that I've done so much damage to them.. I don't even deserve to be loved or to love them.." Mina continued to cry and she tried to calm herself down by inhaling and exhaling. puffing out all the steam she has in her.  Jihyo just bowed, and got back to her book. Mina looked out the window, trying to wipe her tears as she looks upon the sea, the bright sky and the trees. She continued to wipe her tears that wouldn't stop flowing, and her heart beats faster from the guilt and heart ache.

Tzuyu was pretending to sleep heard Jihyo and Mina's conversation, she figured to open her eyes, and didn't move a muscle so that she wont be noticed by Mina. She watched Mina who is across her, who was looking through the window as she tries to wipe her tears. She saw how heavy her heart is and that she couldn't figure out what to do. Tzuyu felt the heart ache as well, when she glanced over her bestfriend who was laying over at Mina. She felt the guilt. Mina then turned around to get something from her bag as she saw Tzuyu looking at Chaeyoung with sadness in her eyes. Tzuyu noticed that Mina was looking at her as they got into another eye contact, Mina's eyes were red and swelling. Tzuyu then hanged her head low, crossed her arms and in a few moments stood up and left. Mina followed her with her eyes, and sighed.

Tzuyu then returned stood in front of Mina and stared her down as Mina looked directly at her again as she handed over tissues to her. they continued to stay in the eye contact and have that small conversation with their eyes. Tzuyu knew Mina was sincere.. Mina knew Tzuyu was just being friendly. As Mina grabbed the tissues handed by Tzuyu, Tzuyu sat down, crossed her arms, laid her head back at the window, and closed her eyes. Mina sighed, glanced over Chaeyoung and looked through the window once again.