Chapter 41: It's not over yet

Girls of the Elites

"She should be able to have consciousness soon. Her stabs were deep through the bones, but not as deep as everyone else.. I am sorry.. but I should say... she was the only one who survived.."

"Thank you Doctor.." Nayeon hanged her head low with a sigh

"I am sorry Ms. Im, we tried our best. but everyone's wounds are open through the body. This is irreversible.."

"I understand.. Thank you." Nayeon bowed and the Doctor left.

"Rose... My Rose" Lisa cried

"I am sorry Lisa.. I could have protected her.. and everyone else.. I am sorry.."

"For the greater good.. we knew this will happen.." Seulgi commented "we should've been prepared..."

"It's our fault.." Chaeyoung stated "If it weren't for us.. all of you should be living a normal life.."

"It's ours too.." Sana added "Kato was our brother.. we should have warned you all from the beginning.."

"You did warn us.." Eunbi replied

"but it wasn't enough.. I did not know he is this.. stupid.." Sana sighed

 

"What's done is done.. we got to move forward. it's for honor!" Jennie clasped her hands and cried "We can't waste their deaths like this.. We gotta avenge.. and.. and.. put their sacrifices to good u-use.."

"Kato is dead.." Eunbi added

"but what bother's me, is the Elites is a specific order from this 'boss' they speak of" Chaeyeon hummed

"and this is why we are continuing that dispatch.. to figure out what he really wants.. once and for all." Nayeon squinted.

"We start tomorrow at dawn, Draw me out a plan girls. Leaders of the Alphas, make sure your team is ready.. We are going full force on this one."
 

***

Mina hanged her head low onto Tzuyu as she stares at her with worry.

"Don't worry.. The doctor said she will be fine.." Chaeyoung interrupted her thoughts as she walked behind her

"Yeah.. I know.. It's just.."

"You still love her don't you?"

"I-"

"I understand" Chaeyoung smiled and sighed, "I knew this would happen anyway.. ever since Tzuyu admitted it to me she likes you too.. I knew.. Something will trigger the love you two have for each other.. even if we both had a deal for 100 days.." She smiled at her "Wanna know why I kiss you a lot?.."

"Why.."

"Because I knew.. No matter what I do, You will choose her.. I wanted.. a fighting chance.. a chance to be with you... even if it's temporary.." She looked over the window's horizon. "You know.. Tzuyu is.. not a bad friend.. She fell for Sana, Someone she can't have.. and you came along saying you liked her all this time.. I knew she felt overwhelmed with the thought of having someone love her.. for who she is, for what she does.. because.. as Elites.. We don't get.. THAT type of love.. even for me.." Tears began to form in her eye, but she instantly wiped it off. "I mean, the person I loved, ever since I was a kid was you.. I waited, and waited for you.. You never knew who I was, even when we met during year 4. I was happy that I met you again.. but you don't seem to remember me anymore."

"Chaeyoung.. I"

"Come with me.. Let me show you something."

"What about Tzuyu.."

"Don't worry I'll be here for her" Dahyun appeared by the door as she shut it close "Go ahead.." She smiled

"Thanks Dahyun" Chaeyoung smiled as she left and waited outside for Mina to follow.

"Hey Mina.." Dahyun called "I know you love Tzuyu... but I hope.. This could change your mind.." Dahyun showed a dirty penguin that is small in size and thin.

"My.. my pengu.."

"I took it from her room.. do you know.. she brings this everywhere she goes?"

"What?"

"even now.. You don't see it because you never became her room mate.."

"oh.." Mina hanged her head low

"I am not forcing you.. but I am telling you, Chaeyoung waited for you for 10 years... Tzuyu knows that as well.."

"What? why did she not-"

"because she'll lose you.. just like how she lost Sana.. Tzuyu is alone.. I know.. but I just hope you really make the right choice.. We know you love Chae... You are just blinded because Tzuyu began reciprocating your love for her... believe me.. it happens.."

"Oy! Are you coming or not?" Chaeyoung peaked at the door

"Coming.." Mina instantly hid the penguin stuff toy behind her and slid it in her bag.

"Goodluck" Dahyun whispered and winked.

 

"what did you guys talk about?"

"Oh nothing.. where are we going?" Chaeyoung just smiled without uttering a word.

***

"Goodluck" Dahyun whispered and winked as Mina left the room

"Okay, you can wake up now.. they left already.." Dahyun said in a monotone. Tzuyu began to raise her head up and massaged her arms around "you know, you could have just told everyone you were awake?"

"I still wanted to sleep, and when I woke up, I heard Chae and Mina talking.. So I did not want to disturb.- and WHAT DO YOU MEAN I AM ALONE?!"

"Stop denying!"
"stop rubbing you idiot!" She sighed "Guess I lost both of the Hiyouitozakis huh.."
"you could have fallen for momo."
"and steal Nayeon's?"
"you heard her. she made it up."
".. well there goes my life."
"cheer up.. you'll find someone.." Dahyun sighed " by the way.. how did you manage to text me?"

"You were on speed dial.. and for emergency texts."

"Oh then why is the text long? 'get me out of here you stupid eagle'"

"Oh right. that was my instant message for you, incase I really needed help."

"Can you just like.. you know put SOS or something?"

"You are dumb.. you don't even know what SOS mean.."

"I do.. it means.. help.."

"okay if I send that would you know what to do.."

"ye... no.."

"Stupid" Tzuyu began to stretch her body around "ah"

"look who's the stupid one. you are badly hurt.."

"I just wish Chaeyoung let go of me.."

"What?"

"So I don't need to confuse Mina any longer.."

"Tzuyu.. Why DID you go for Mina.. when you knew she was the girl Chaeyoung had been waiting for.. for 10 years.."

"I.. wanted to feel loved.. even for a second, a minute or a day.."

"You played her.."

"I know.. It's all my fault.." Dahyun sighed and silence broke the room
 

***

"Where.. are we?" Mina said with her eyes blindfolded

"Okay.. hold on. and here.." Chaeyoung pulled her in a position she wanted her to see. "Ready? and.. tada!" she took the blindfold off of her.

"What? we are at Gilmore!"

"No worries! we can just take the heli back to vale!"

"EXPENSIVE GIFTS!!"

"It's just. for today.. I have to show you something.. plus it's just 2pm no big deal?"

"Okay then. what do you wanna sho-" Chaeyoung knelt down on the tree Mina used to climb on when she was a kid.

"I knew it was you when I saw you on our first day of school.. I also knew you loved climbing trees. especially this one. remember? you even brought me up there and wrote our names on it."

"Yeah.. we did huh.." Chaeyoung nodded with a smile

"But I also did something just for you.." She wiped of the dust of the tree and asked her to take a closer look.

A multiple line symbols are carved on the tree, as if the person who carved it was counting.

"Those were the times I waited, in this very tree.. the moment you stood me up."

"What I didn't-"

"I know" Chaeyoung chuckled. "I visited Gilmore, every weekend hoping to see that little girl on the tree. I've waited and waited and waited. until my count just stopped here. with a date written on it. 10.13.18 - The day where I saw you reading a book on the last row with an empty seat beside you... the day "I found her again"

"Chaeyoung.."

"I just wanted to show you this.. to prove to you I am not just a kiss and tell.. I do love you.. and I am sorry for not-"

Mina ran to her and hugged her tightly. "I am so sorry Chae... I am so sorry.."

Chaeyoung smiled and sighed as she hugged her too. "It's okay.." Mina cried as she held her tighter "I am stupid.. I am sorry.."

"Ha. don't worry.. I can wait longer.. it's not like you'll marry Tzuyu yet right? I got the chance" Mina furrowed and pounced onto her "Okay what's gotten into you.."

"Nothing! I just wanted to hug my childhood friend!!"

"You did not even know who I was.."

"BECAUSE! I THOUGHT YOU WERE A GUY!!"

"Do not judge my gender just because I go out with a baseball shirt, short hair and loose shorts??"

"I am sorrrryyy!!!"

"Stupid penguin!" Chaeyoung laughed and ruffled Mina's hair as they both gazed at each other's eyes. Chaeyoung launches over for a kiss, shocking Mina once again "I did not say I'd stop?"

Mina grunted and got out of Chaeyoung's grasps "Hey I was kidding!!"

"Okay.. buy me Ice cream!"

"Sure! anything for you!" Chaeyoung laughed as they walked out the park hand in hand.
 

***

"Okay girls! we are ready for the dispatch tomorrow at dawn." Nayeon alerted

"Coordinates are ready to set sail." Hitomi reported

"That's odd the coordinates directs to metro?" Jihyo stated

"Looks like we are going back to Metro girls." Nayeon squinted "Nako, Hitomi, get ready. honestly, we just need normal guns for this operation.."

"Normal.. guns?- EHHH?? No science?!" Nako whined

"Yeah.. this guy is not a threat. trust me.. We already know who he is.." Nayeon smirked.

"but. But! I JUST DESIGNED A NEW WEAPON!!!" Hitomi whined too

"EHHHHHH?!" They both said in sync

"We'll use that next time, just bring out normal-non-explosive-non-fiction Weapons!" Nayeon laughed

"T-that's boring..."

"Well, you still provide us the gadgets for mobility?"

"But but.."
"Don't worry about it!" Nayeon laughed "let's go"

"EEEEEHHHHHH"