Chapter 26: I wont give up

Girls of the Elites

"Hey.. Mina?" Chaeyoung suddenly grabbed Mina's hand which stopped her into a halt "Can we talk?"
Tzuyu looked over them as she ties her shoes and got ready to leave.

"What ever about Chae? Is there something wrong?"

"No.. but I feel that there may be something wrong..."

Mina relaxed her stance and let Chaeyoung hold her hand. Tzuyu stood up, and walked passed them in cold elegance and got in the building without uttering a word to both of the latters.

"Okay.. I dont know what you are talking about.."
"Mina.. you know I like you dont you?.."
"Uh.."
"Please tell me you do.. because I will tell you how much I do over and over again.."
"...Yes.. i do.." she sighed
"Do you not like me? Or the idea of me liking you?"
"NO.. its just.. uh.. n-no.."
"Then?"
Mina pulled her hand away and began to inhale and exhale. "Here..Come sit down.." She tapped on the space beside her as she sat on the grass.

Just as the girls were talking Tzuyu was hiding by the corner of the building listening to their conversation. She sat down with her back on the wall as she listened carefully to their conversation having a slight aching heart, yet... she remained quiet.

"You know, there was a time I did like you.." Mina began.. and Chaeyoung's eyes grew wide "but" Mina cut it off "it was just at that instant.."

"What made you stop.."

"When you scared me.." as soon as Chaeyoung heard her crackling voice say those words she instantly dropped her head with a frown on her face and began to palm her forehead.

"I DIDNT MEAN IT.."

"i know.. but what hurts the most.. is.." Mina looked over the latter "you promised you wont hate me.. no matter how bad my situation is.."

"I-" this stopped Chaeyoung to her words, she couldn't say anything to counter the older.
"You said.. you wouldn't hate me, no matter what I say or did.. You said you'd accept it.."

"You should have warned m-"
"If i did, Will you act differently?.. you blamed me for everything.. even when my sister's life is on danger because you were mad.."

"I-"
"That is something I couldnt handle, because I thought you would understand" Mina smiled and continued to talk in a calm voice "But it's okay, because I cant blame you.. It was after all my fault.."

"Dont say that... I do understand.."
All mina did was smile in response. The atmosphere became quiet and gloomy.
"So just because of one mistake you wont ever forgive me?" Chaeyoung asked "because I would forgive you over and over and over again.."

"You would?"
"Why do you think I am here with you?"
"Because you feel guilty... because you broke your promise? because you ate your own words after a week?"

"No.. I-"

"You what?..." Mina stared deeply into the guilty eyes of the younger who was slightly tearing up with her eyes reflecting the cold sky. Mina sighed "Just.. forget it Chaeyoung.." Mina stood up and began patting her shorts to release the dust. "Let's go back" She said with a smile and she walked passed the crying cub on the floor. Chaeyoung was furious and mad at her self. With the rage, she shouted. "BUT THAT DOESNT MEAN YOU HAVE TO LOVE TZUYU!!" Mina's eyes widened as she went to a full halt. Tzuyu lifted her head from her arms with tears covering her eyes as she heard Chaeyoung yelled. Both latters shocked to what the little cub said. Tzuyu tried to peak. She saw Mina standing, turned her back onto the young one who was standing up with her head down low and tears flowing. Chaeyoung growled to the floor not seeing Mina's reaction to her words.

"I-" Mina opened , without a word uttered, could not counter the younger. She suddenly turned back with tears "I-"

"Don't... even try to lie..." Chaeyoung said with a crisp voice as she hic together with her tears and pain. Mina did not know what to do. She felt decided a moment ago, and now she felt confused once again. She did love the cub, she fell for the cub over and over again, but because of the pain, because of her situation, she figured the cub would not understand. She.. Assumed..

She walked slowly towards the crying Chaeyoung. Patted her head "I am sorry.."

Those words shut her down and she fell right on the ground kneeling with tears over flowing. She was screaming with her pain "Mina please!... I am sorry!" all Mina could do is cry in pain with Chaeyoung. Tzuyu watched in a corner as she cries together for her bestfriend and Mina. She did not know what to do, She confirmed what Mina felt, and the pain her bestfriend feels. Tzuyu's eyes were overflowing with pain, guilt and sorrow.

"Please Mina... I will do anything.. Please let me through.." Chaeyoung begged her tears overflowed

"Chaeyoung.. I did not say I love Tzuyu..."

"But I know you do.."

"I do admire her... but something stops me from doing so.." Mina bent down to see Chaeyoung "you.."

"what?"

"You make me confused, You make me realize, you make me frustrated, you make me worried... You were able to make me indecisive.." Chaeyoung's eyes widened "But it doesn't mean I feel the same way..."

Chaeyoung hanged her head low "I am still indecisive... I am still... confused of what do I really feel.. If only I had two hearts.. I would.. If only I could clone my feelings and myself I would.."

"you cant have both of us Mina.." Chaeyoung sighed

"I know.. and I am confused between you two that's a fact.."

"but Tzuyu... she-"

"She likes my sister... I know.. it hurts.... it hurts so much that I wished I was Sana all this time.."

"So you do love her?.."

"Maybe.. maybe not, I don't really know.."

"You hoped to be Sana, You wanted Tzuyu.. not me.."

"I don't know, I feel different with both of you, different approaches, different types.. but I just can't"

Chaeyoung saw how indecisive Mina could be, She felt how it was hard for her to choose. She looked up and instantly hugged Mina "please let me continue to love you... I swear.. I wouldn't give up.." Mina smiled and her tears flows "Thank you.. but I don't want to hurt you" Was all she can give as a reply.

"You wont, I will respect you.. but till then, please let me love you.."

Mina clicked her tongue and chuckled "You sure are something else."

"Why?"

"You knew I love someone else, Yet, you kept going.."

"because I knew I had the chance..."

Mina chuckled "Come on.. let's go.. stop crying, we have a lot of work to do.."

"But.. do I have the chance?"

"I guess?.."

"That's enough for me... thank you for being honest Mina.. Let me fight for you.." Chaeyoung smiled and wiped her tears

"Thank you Chae.. for being understanding.." she smiled. Chaeyoung grabbed her hand tight and pulled Mina up "This I promise you, I will never give up and let you go..." She said as Mina stood up from her position. Mina gave a saddened smile, Chaeyoung reciprocated the smile and stared at the older with passion "I will make you realize... how much you mean to me..." Chaeyoung tries to get Mina into eye contact while she sees Mina trying to avert her eyes from her. Mina's eyes caught hers instantly, and Chaeyoung smiled. she held onto Mina's chin making her face her directly and whispered "Even if it means my life depends on it.." Chaeyoung leaned closer to the latter, with so much passion their lips touched and Chaeyoung slowly pulled away "I love you.." Mina's eyes widened and pulled away.

"I-I'm sorry.." Chaeyoung said

"No.. let's.. just go.." Mina quickly turned and hurried over the building. Chaeyoung was left in at the grounds and kept her head low "I guess it's game over for me?" She thought aloud and chuckled in defeat which enabled Tzuyu to hear her and she walked inside trailing Mina.

Tzuyu gave out a deep sigh.. stood up, dusts her shirt and pants then carried her bag in one shoulder as she walks the other direction back to the building wiping her tears giving out another deep sigh.

.

.

.

Mina's POV

Chaeyoung walked me back to my room, our distance was somewhat 3m away, and the silence broke through the hall way. Foot steps were the only things that could be heard through the hall. Finally my room is near, I wonder if Jihyo is awake, Oh please just be awake..

"Here you go.." She said with a smile "I guess our day is over huh?" She chuckled

I did not know what to reply so all I did was smile. "Mina? can I have a request?" she asked

"uh sure"

"Please let me show you how much I love you until you decide?"

"uhmm.."

"That's my only request.. give me 100 days?"

"Isn't this unfair to me? cause you know.. I kind of like Tzuyu?"

"It's just a request, if you really don't love me, you'll never fall.. and I'll give up in 100 days.. or less if you really chose Tzuyu over me.."

"100 days.. okay.. I guess.."

Her smile widened from ear to ear "Okay let me start..." She said and grabbed my hand to pull me closer to her, she grabbed my waist and the other on my chin as she kissed me once again and instantly pulled away "I love you Mina..." She smiled and ran away.

"Wait what?"

"It's not day.. so it's night.. therefore, that's just a warm up! I love you!" She waved at me

"ugh.. how am I supposed to deal with this now?"

I turned to go in my room and hoping Jihyo was awake. As I grabbed the knob the door instantly opened revealing Tzuyu with her hoodie on and her backpack on one end of her shoulder about to leave my room "T-Tzuyu?"

Tzuyu seemed cold? mad? sad? I don't know her emotion. She just stared down at me as if she was mad at me for something I've done. Her hoodie gave out a shadow onto her face.

"T-Tzuyu? are you-"

She clicked her tongue and scowled as she quickly leaned down on me and closed the gap between us as our lips touched, This got me into a shock that I did not know how to react. She pulled out half way close to my face enough to whisper something "I heard you and Chaeyoung talk.." She said with a cold monotone. She stood up tall and stared down at me "I wont give up either" and She began walking away "100 days.."

"What.. just.." It shocked me. I opened the door of my room to find Jihyo awake

"Hey Mina!.. oh? what's with the face?" She laughed

"Jihyo.. why was Tzuyu here?"

"oh.. hmm.. She asked advice about you.. apparently" Jihyo shrugged

"ME?! why!? TELL ME!"

"calm down there! well, apparently Tzuyu heard you and Chaeyoung's conversation by the training ground.. and she's been deciding ... like you.. well Tzuyu is a very warm person, I mean usually.. She was thinking about Chaeyoung and you.. What if she just lets you go.."

"Oh.."

"But.. She didn't want to.."

"what?"

"mhm.. So I told her to follow her heart, because since Chae and her had been best friends for 10 years, 1 girl would not break that.. it just means one should accept, one should understand" She shrugged and pulled her glasses off "You know, I did tell you once to decide.. well now, you really have to."

"How can I deal with them?"

"Tzuyu and Chae are about the same, So I would understand how indecisive you could be.. but obviously.. One will always be more. One will always be the lead.. and One will be the person you just love the most." Jihyo smiled "You just have to figure that out~~" she laughed

"They both asked for 100 days.. they both just kissed me tonight.. and I swear this is going to be hard.. because I felt unfair that Tzuyu, the person I liked kissed me.. and the person I used! to like kissed me too!"

"uhuh, I know, Tzuyu was about to leave until she heard you and Chae by the door, she was just standing there like a mannequin listening. She even asked What should she do because Chae is making her move on you without holding back... Sooo~~ I told her to make hers. So, I guess that explains why both are competing now!" She laughed "You are welcome!"

"you should've not told Tzuyu to do the same?!"

"Well, if in 100 days ONLY Chae does what she does, you'll obviously choose chae.. so.. I GAVE HER that fighting chance" She smiled

"ughhh!"

"You did well Mina-ssi"

I growled and dropped on my bed making noises I couldn't imagine ill be doing out of frustration

"Stop being a wild penguin and go to sleep.. don't disturb me!"

"ughhh!"

My phone suddenly beeped, It was a message from Chaeyoung, a photo?

My phone suddenly beeped, It was a message from Chaeyoung, a photo?

Goodnight Minari <3 I'll see you tomorrow

 

"AGGGHHH!!!" I threw my phone away from the frustration and began banging my head onto the pillow and hitting my hand on the side of the bed

"Hello? Calgary Zoo? Yes! I have a wild Penguin here I want you to take!" Jihyo joked

"YAH!!"

"Be quiet!"

"ugggghh!" I shouted covering my face with the pillow "KILL ME NOW!!!"

"Don't you worry, I am planning to!"