[2]

Boop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER TWO

“The straight line, a respectable optical illusion which ruins many a man.” - Victor Hugo, Les Misérables.

There was a start in the room as the figure of a distressed male shot up. He calmed quickly, realising he was still in the same room. Unsure of when he had fallen asleep, he looked around to make sure nothing had changed. He was still in the hospital gown he woke up in the first time, he was wrapped in bandages that itched and he didn't understand why he had them wrapped over his skin. Nothing in the room had changed and so he got up, pushing away from the soft mattress of the bed to make his way to the door again.

He looked it up and down from an arm's length away, trying to figure out how the people he had seen coming in and out had done so. His eyes landed on the door handle and his head tilted curiously to view it from a different angle, something about that part of the door had to twist, he knew that much, but how he was going to do that was unsure to him. Carefully he put his hand on the handle, wrapping his fingers around it, then he pulled and nothing happened. His chest rumbled in frustration and his arm jerked to try the same thing again and again until his arm twisting in a frustrated attempt to make it work, taking his hand with it as he pulled. There was a stunned sound that escaped the boy as he jumped back and the wood of the door whisked past his eyes like when a dragonfly would tauntingly whisk past him in the woods, knowing he would like to devour it for a snack.

His eyes peered past the door and out of the room, his feet followed with caution until her was out of the room and standing in the hall with no sudden jump starts or flying objects attacking him. A deep breath was pulled into his lungs and exhaled through his lips.

"You must be the one that helped save Minah!"

"M-Minah?" With a turn, two people were before him and he took a step back, but Minah, he knew that name. Minah was the girl, the girl that he had been whimpering for as he faded in and out of consciousness.

Heavy footsteps rushed towards them and he jumped, turning back as his chest rumbled and his lips twitched to pull back defensively.

"When did he leave his room?" A familiar face rushed to be in front of them and the male calmed at the sight of the doctor.

"Minah?" He stumbled over the name again and the doctor sighed, tipping his head in defeat.

"Since you're out here, it would just be mean of me to say no to you now, wouldn't it?" The doctor gestured down the hall, only to be met with blinking eyes that focused on him, forgetting the other two that were still looking at him with strong emotions in their eyes.

"This way" The doctor brushed past and walked down the hall. With eyes darting around, placing themselves on the two that were trying to talk to him first before they landed on the doctor that his feet quickly followed after. Watching the way the doctor opened the door, he tried to memorise it as he followed him inside and looked around the room. His eyes fell on a bed just like the one he had been sleeping in inside another room and when he saw who was laying on the bed, looking up with wide eyes that squinted when she smiled at him, he felt his chest squeeze and then deflate in an emotion that came with a total calmness that made room for the excitement he felt upon seeing her.

"Minah" He breathed out.

"Hello, Boop" Minah exhaled.

"Oh!" 'Boop' he couldn't explain the feelings he had when Minah called the name she had given to him fondly. He ignored them for acting on the panic she caused him when she tried to push herself to sit up more, only causing herself to wince out loud painfully and make her face scrunch up.

"I'm alright" Minah flinched but quickly nodded, making her lips quirk up in a smile when Boop's hands were placed on her, trying to find a way to stop her from causing herself pain.

"It still hurts a little bit," Minah told him and Boop exhaled heavily.

"Hurts" He muttered, eyes on her visible wounds. Cuts and burning red marks surrounding bruises, a swollen bump on her head and cuts in more than one place on her lips, Minah looked like she had gone through more within the past few hours than he had in his life.

"I will leave you two alone, but he cannot be here for long, the police need to question him as well" The doctor's words reminded the two that he was there with them and Minah bowed her head as he left the room.

"Are you ok?" Immediately, Minah turned back to the boy she had named fondly, she looked him up and down, checked him over for harm. Now that they were under false lighting instead of the moon, Minah could see just how rough his image was, noticing things that the darkness of the night had kept hidden from her eyes.

"M-Me?" The boy asked after a moment of taking in what Minah was saying to him.

"Yes," The girl's head bobbed, "you"

"Oh" Boop looked around at everything and swallowed.

"Well?" Minah asked and Boop snapped his head back to her suddenly and Minah gasped, jumping and wincing as she held her arms around herself.

"Minah!" Boop exclaimed as she curled her upper body into itself. He reached out a hand that she jolted at but allowed to be placed on her arm. There was a knock on the door and a nurse walked in, looking at the two of them.

"It's time to go, we have to clean him up before the police ask him questions" The nurse explained and Minah looked up.

"The police are questioning him?" Boop didn't move at first but when the doctor entered the room again he stood up and stepped away from Minah.

"Sir, it's time to go back to your room," The doctor told him and Boop whined. He refused to move. He just got here, he was just allowed to see Minah again, why would he leave her alone now that he was with her?

"Sir, we need you to be in your room for an interrogation"

"He can stay here" Minah quickly spoke against the hand that tried to push the male towards the door in fear of the boy not reacting well to the touch.

"The interrogation has to be done with only this man in the room" The doctor shook his head and Minah frowned.

"You have to go then" She looked to Boop and his face dropped, mouth falling open, wanting to say something in protest but not knowing how to say it or what it was he was going to say.

"Will you go talk to the police? To help me?" Minah asked of him and he stopped, hands falling back by his side and head turning.

"Police?"

"Yes, the police" The frail bodied girl nodded and Boop huffed. He didn't want to leave but if Minah was asking him to do something, he felt like he should, maybe it would help her.

------------

"What's your name?" The officer was met with blinking eyes, wondering what this unknown person was doing in front of them.

"Your name boy, what is it?" The older of the two officers asked, short on patience. The boy flinched and his mouth opened and closed like a goldfish before he could find his voice.

"B-Baekhyun"

"At least he has a name" The grunt came from the older of the two officers as he wrote the name down.

"Baekhyun who?"

"Baekhyun" Baekhyun nodded and the officers sighed.

"What's your family name?"

"F-Family? No" Baekhyun pondered and shook his head when he found nothing, he had no family for them to see.

"How do you know Minah?" The first officer questioned.

"Minah" Baekhyun breathed out with his mind going to questions of if she was alright, wondering if she was scared like him.

"Where did you see Minah?"

"Minah," Baekhyun pointed in an unknown direction as his lips pouted in search of his next words, "trees in danger" He explained and nodded to validate his words.

"Do you know who this is?" A photo was shown, held in front of Baekhyun's face. He growled and backed away in the bed. Adrenaline pulsed through his body and the photo was taken away before he could swipe his long nails at it in an act of self defence.

"Bad" Baekhyun snarled.

"I don't think we're going to get very far here" The older of the two once again sighed and his younger coworker nodded in agreement.

"Thank you Baekhyun" 

------------

"Darling why didn't you tell us that he was doing this to you?"

"I don't know" Minah looked down at the blankets covering her legs so that she could avoid the eyes of her parents that tried to look through her flesh to see what was hiding within.

"Minah" Her father stressed and Minah swallowed, trying to get rid of the lump in that was bringing her pain.

"It's lucky that we even thought of dropping by your apartment, otherwise we wouldn't have known"

"I'm sorry" Minah whispered as she looked down. She felt guilty, she had worked hard to convince her parents to let her move out with her boyfriend at the age of eighteen, but living as a happy couple quickly changed in two years and she knew she had disappointed them. She was never allowed to see them anymore and she couldn't talk to them on the phone without permission, now after worrying her parents for so long, they had to see what position she had put herself in.

"Come back home and live with us for a while, you know we're always happy to have you and I can't stand the thought of you being in that apartment again" The door to the room echoed with a knock and the family looked up at the authorities that stuck their head in.

"May we come in,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter