[15]

Boop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER FIFTEEN

"Once you figure out who you are and what you love about yourself, I think it all kinda falls into place" - Jennifer Aniston.

"This is your grand plan?" Minseok hadn't known what more he was expecting out of Sehun and his limited capacity for thoughts, but he was expecting a little more than a house that was cleaner than the day they moved into it.

"What do you mean? Everything is going accordingly so far" Sehun's face scrunched up and he looked around at their hard work to make the place look immaculate, not understanding Minseok's disappointment.

"You want them to move in with us and have their parents like us and this is what you think will convince Mr and Mrs Kim, a clean and shiny house?" Minseok gestured to their kitchen and Sehun nodded.

"Yes, and eight extremely well dressed and groomed men with the most superb mannerisms and way of speaking that anyone has ever heard" Sehun added and Minseok looked around.

"And have you taught anyone how to speak with superb mannerisms? Do you even know how to say words other than and ?" Minseok retorted, making Sehun scoff.

"Do you know how to make sounds other than that?" Minseok cut in and Sehun glared at him.

"Hey I am doing a really good job here, I cleaned the living room all on my own and I scrubbed the back deck with my own two hands"

"That immaculate looking set of tables and chairs that was once the home of all our pets spiders? Done by yours truly" Jongin pointed to himself and Sehun's face dropped as all of his previously mentioned credit was forgotten with one word coming out of Jongin's mouth.

"You got rid of all the spiders in that thing? Well done Jongin" Minseok nodded praisingly and Jongin huffed gleefully, chest puffing with pride.

"He almost cried doing it" Yixing ratted him out and Jongin's pride deflated.

"Yixing what the crap man, you said you weren't going to tell anyone about it!"

"But Minseok gets to know everything that goes on in this house at some point" Yixing shrugged.

"No, I don't think I do, nor do I want too" Minseok corrected as Jongdae ran down the stairs in just his underwear and his socks.

"Who took my best pair of jeans? I was going to wear them tonight!"

"My god Jongdae gt back upstairs and look properly!" Junmyeon grabbed Jongdae by his hair and dragged him back up the stairs.

"We don't have time, they get here in two hours and screaming the house down in your underwear is not going to make things go better" Junmyeon lectured as Minseok turned away, wanting nothing to do with what he had just seen.

"I'm going to go and start on the desserts" Minseok dismissed himself and Sehun nodded, looking away from the stairs to put his eyes on anything else that he could find.

"I'm gonna go and make sure all of the grass is at the same level"

------------

"This is their plan to get us to move in right?" Minah nodded, eyes looking at Baekhyun through her mirror as she aimed to change her earrings. Baekhyun snorted softly and Minah put her eyes back in him.

"You're not bouncing for joy," She noticed and Baekhyun shrugged.

"I mean, living with them would be nice. But I'm planning to go wherever you go, and maybe that won't be their place, and that's fine"

"You're really mature Baekhyun" Minah observed, eyes softening as Baekhyun looked up from the buttons on his cuffs to blink at her. They were told they didn't have to go out of their way to dress in any fancy clothing, but Minah was adamant that they were to all make an effort either way, which her mother immediately agreed with.

"You think so?" Baekhyun smiled and Minah nodded.

"Yeah, I'm proud of you" She smiled and Baekhyun approached, looking over her shoulder through the mirror.

"Well, I came into your life at a point where it wasn't very nice to you. So you needed someone responsible that you can lean on"

"Thank you," Minah breathed out, looking at the man that she had with her, they were barely into adulthood, the both of them, but in his short time dealing with society and herself, Baekhyun had done so much and sacrificed his own pace of growth and learning for her, more than she had noticed, "you've done good" She nodded, and Baekhyun hummed in appreciation of all her kind words.

"I'll do better" Baekhyun nodded, turning away to go find his socks.

"You can chill out Baekhyun" Minah shook her head, following him out of the room with the earrings shining on either side of her face. Baekhyun faced the room of her parents with a growl as Mrs Kim's hairdryer shrieked through the bathroom walls and into the ears.

"That doesn't mean you need to keep growling at all the machines though" Minah pointed out, pushing Baekhyun along to gather his shoes and socks.

"Weird things" Baekhyun huffed out, still wary of the sound as they passed the open door of the parent's bedroom, he shot a cautious glance into the room and Minah rolled her eyes.

"Just finish getting ready, I'm going to get some water" Minah turned for the stairs and separated from Baekhyun, making him halt with a whine. She looked back over her shoulder and scoffed at the sad eyes that looked down at her.

"I'm literally going to the kitchen" She turned away and Baekhyun pouted.

"I'm literally going to the kitchen," He mimicked under his breath, "Hey Baekhyun, want to come and get some water with me? I'm a little parched. Alright, Minah let's go together" The door of Baekhyun's room clicked shut and he shuffled his way to the drawer by his bed, tugging it open and reaching in for a pair of socks as he sat down.

"Do you want the cup with the turtles on it or the pretty swirly cup?" He continued to mock with no one to listen to him, grumbling his way into his socks and back onto his feet that took him to grab a jacket.

"Obviously I'll take the one with the turtle on it"

------------

"Ok ok, I can hear the car coming down the driveway!"

"Don't go around freaking out, you're freaking me out more!"

"Calm down or they'll hear us being rowdy!" Minseok cleared his throat and walked towards the front door, leaving Junmyeon to take care of getting everyone into the backyard where the dinner was taking place. Chanyeol was trustfully watching over the barbeque, a little sad that he wouldn't be the first to see their friends and Minah's parent, but someone had to make sure the meat wouldn't burn and with Kyungsoo already taking care of the sides, he was the only one left for Minseok to trust.

His ears picked up sets of feet stopping in front of the door, and two seconds after three knocks, he pulled the door open gently and greeted the family with a smile on his face. Minseok tried not to react to the two new eyes set on him and instead focused ont eh more familiar faces first.

"Hey Minseok!" Baekhyun greeted immediately.

"Baekhyun, come in," Minseok stepped aside and gestured for the family to enter, "it's good to have you and Minah here again"

"Minseok," Minah's eyes lifted up and back down quickly when eye contact was made, "these are my parents" Minah's hand timidly gestured to the two behind her as she entered the house and Minseok nodded, giving the politest smile that he could form.

"Well hello Mr and Mrs Kim, thank you so much for taking up our invitation, we're happy that you're joining us this time"

"It's so nice to meet you Minseok, Minah and Baekhyun have had so much to say about you, especially Baekhyun"

"Come in, come in, everyone else is outside waiting to see you all" Minseok, gestured for them to follow him down the hall. Already familiar with the place, Baekhyun had raced ahead to get outside and greet the others.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter