[13]

Boop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

p: Q-6 Q:19

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

“It is always important to know when something has reached its end. Closing circles, shutting doors, finishing chapters, it doesn't matter what we call it; what matters is to leave in the past those moments in life that are over.” - Paulo Coelho, The Zahir.

"Minah sweetheart"

"Come in" Minah looked up, waiting for her mother to enter her room as her hands paused with her hair wrapped in a towel under them.

"Good morning, what's this?" Mrs Kim immediately noticed the bags that had gone unnoticed on their way inside the night before.

"Sehun and Junmyeon picked out some clothes for me" Minah explained as Mrs Kim pulled open one of the bags to take a look. She was met with any colour besides black and her heart almost stopped, opened and her eyes blinked.

"That was nice of them," She commented, standing back up with a smile.

"Yeah, they're nice, even Sehun" Minah hummed as she unwrapped the towel on her.

"Do you have work today?"

"Yeah I do" Minah nodded and so did her mother.

"Do they know you need time off for court?" Mrs Kim double-checked.

"I already informed Heechul and he was fine with it" Minah answered and Mrs Kim hummed.

"Ok, well I'm heading to work now"

"Ok, bye mum" Minah smiled and Mrs Kim took her leave. There were only two minutes where Minah got complete silence before it was all ruined by one rowdy werewolf storming his way down the hall.

"MINAAAAH!" He barreled into her room, smacking the door into the wall and running in before it could it smack him back, all to stand in front of a very flustered Minah with her heart racing.

"Yes, Baekhyun?" She breathed out, still not used to such energy in the morning.

"Are we having breakfast before you go?" He asked.

"Yes Baekhyun" Minah nodded.

"And is Chanyeol still picking me up later?"

"He is" Minah nodded again, ringing out the last bit of water from her hair.

"Ok" Baekhyun waited for Minah to brush through her hair and style it neatly before he pounced back towards the door and started for the stairs, full of excitement for food while Minah trailed behind him with a more casual pace to her step.

"What do you want to make today?" Minah breathed out, looking up at Baekhyun. She stopped, watching the way he combed a hand through his hair, trying to tame the bed head look that he had going on. She blinked, and what had suddenly looked like a slow-motion clip was back to normal and Baekhyun was pondering, screwing his face up in thought.

"I want fruit!" He exclaimed when the thought came to him and Minah flinched, blinking and stepping back. But she quickly recovered and raised an eyebrow at Baekhyun.

"You want fruit?" She double-checked and Baekhyun nodded.

"Yeah, like when you cut it all up and mixed it all together and then there was orange juice with it, that was good" Baekhyun motioned all the actions of the coming together of a fruit salad and Minah nodded.

"We can make a fruit salad then" Something easy, Minah was relieved it was nothing complicated, not that Baekhyun ever picked complicated or extravagant foods to begin with. Baekhyun hurried to the fridge and pulled the door open, listing off the fruits he picked up as he reached his arm back, handing them to a compliant Minah.

"Apples, pears, bananas, oranges, grapes in red and green, pineapple-"

"How many fruits are we having in this salad?" Minah questioned the sight of Baekhyun digging around in the fridge. He stood up and turned his head to Minah with innocent eyes that fluttered.

"Is there too many?" He pouted at the fruits already on the table and Minah looked back at them too.

"There's probably just the right amount now, it's just breakfast Baekhyun, Chanyeol wanted to go that pancake place with you, remember?"

"Oh right, he said not to fill up my stomach because it's to die for and I'll want to go for seconds" Baekhyun nodded and used his foot to shut the fridge door.

"That's right" Minah nodded and Baekhyun took out bowls for them while Minah grabbed the cutting board.

"I'll start with the washing!" Baekhyun scooped up the apples into his hands and came back for the pears. Minah hummed and took out a knife for each of them.

"Alright" Minah smiled softly, turning to watch Baekhyun enthusiastically go about cleaning the fruit.

------------

Minah hadn't slept a wink when the door to her room creaked open in the dark. It had her startled, in a breath and jolting to sit up. There was a scream ready to rip through her and she grabbed her phone, shining the light to show the only other person that would enter her room.

"My god Baekhyun," Any strength that was holding her body up disappeared, she dropped her phone and sunk back into the bed, catching her breath with her eyes pointing to the ceiling, wide and still showing the terror she had just felt.

"I'm sorry. I could hear you tossing and turning from my room, so I wanted to be with you"

"That's alright" Minah nodded, as Baekhyun made his way to the bed, sharp eyes able to depict most things in the room as he crawled under the covers and next to Minah.

"Worried?" He asked and Minah nodded.

"I'm so scared" She was already shaking again at the thought of what was to happen the next day for them.

"What's going to happen to us? What will they do to Damon? Will we all be ok? How do I face him again? I don't know what to do Baekhyun" Minah trembled and Baekhyun clasped Minah's unsteady fists in front of her face and pulled them to his lips, lips brushing her fingers when he whispered to her.

"First you breathe," His warm voice was like a melody meeting Minah's ears so soothingly.

"And then you give into how tired you are and go to sleep, when your alarm goes off, we'll get up and you'll make yourself just as pretty as you always do in the morning. Then we'll go to that courtroom and we will answer any questions they ask us so that everything will work out just fine" Baekhyun sounded so confident, so sure and ready for the next day to turn out great for Minah. She swallowed thickly, eyes flickering as she tried to read into how Baekhyun could always talk to her so assuringly.

"Minah?" Baekhyun frowned, eyes tracing over her face and Minah's eyes fluttered as her name pulled her out of her thoughts.

"Ok?" Baekhyun's eyes widened and Minah nodded, eyes dropping and head moving lazily.

"Alright"

"Now, try and sleep, you'll need your energy later" Baekhyun husked, lips lingering on her fingers for a moment before he hid their bundled hands under the covers to keep them warm.

"I'm right here" Minah didn't think she would be falling asleep any time soon, but with Baekhyun beside her, she was able to close her eyes again and try and reach the point of being asleep. Baekhyun's lips curled and he took a hand out from the covers, caressing Minah's cheek with his thumb and moving to run his fingers through her hair, humming quietly, soothingly filling the silence in the air.

------------

"The judge is here" Jihyo pointed out and Kihyun and Baekhyun looked up to follow Jihyo's stare. But Minah kept her head down, unable to look up from the place between her feet.

"Minah, are you alright?" Baekhyn's nose twitched and he followed the urge to turn around and look back at Minah.

"I don't feel so good" Minah shook her head and Baekhyun immediately sat down next to her. Jihyo took her other side and put her hand on her knee, trying to pull Minah's attention to her.

"Minah, I know it's scary but you can do this, you can stand up for your rights" Her fingers were sending waves of comfort to Minah when she squeezed her knee. Baekhyun put a hand on her back and Minah looked at him, blinking with eyes blurred by waiting tears.

"Minah," He breathed out as the weight of the day head of them pushed down on him as well. Kihyun's eyes looked down to the watch on his wrist and to the people around them. Jihyo's hand slipped away as Kihyun stepped forward and crouched down so that Minah could see him when he replaced Jihyo's spot on Minah's knee with his hand, the other one landing on the other knee as well. Minah bit down on her lip as Baekhyun her cheek and put his hand on her back again. She looked at Kihyun and he stared back at her with eyes full of certai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter