C.18.

Reparo

Soomin is slowly moving on from Jongin, or she likes to believe. But it's difficult, when the boy is determined to win her back. Every morning, without fail, Soomin is greeted with sweets at the breakfast table along with a small message wishing her a good morning. She knows it's Jongin, but she can't find it in her heart to go confront him, so she has Jiha do it for her. Though, that doesn't work as there are sweets and notes waiting for her daily, during breakfast.

The more determined Jongin is to win back Soomin, the more it makes Rachel Yoo retaliate against Soomin and her friends (with the exception of Jongdae & Jiha), specifically Hera and Soomin. Which leads to another close call that has Hera visiting the infirmary, and Soomin reckons it's time she stop being a coward.

"Soomin." Jongin chirps, seeing Soomin leaning against the wall as the Ravenclaw Quidditch team is returning from their practice.

"Can we talk?" She asks, eyes on the figure glaring at her behind Jongin.

"Of course." Jongin beams, extending his hand to grab hers, but the Hufflepuff sidesteps, to walk back to the practice grounds.

"Jongin." Rachel holds Jongin's wrist, but the boy quickly removes it, to follow after Soomin.


"Soomin." Jongin grins, dropping his broomstick on the grass, before stepping closer to her.

"In all honesty Jongin, I think you're being rather unfair to both Rachel and I." Soomin starts, causing the boy's eyebrows to furrow, confused.

"But, you know why I'm tolerating Rachel. It's only to keep my grandparents off my back. I've said this before and I'll say it again, you're the one for me. I love you Soomin." Jongin attempts to step closer to her, but she moves back causing the older to keep their distance. Soomin is shocked at the confession and as much as she hates it, her heart flutters at those words and she's barely containing her tears.

"And I can't bring myself to give you another chance. Look, I'm not here to talk about this right now. I'm here to ask you to stop. Please, stop with the attempts to win me back. Because, they're not going to work. And if you could ask Rachel to stop attacking my friends for mistakes you made, I would appreciate it. Excuse me." Soomin quickly walks back to to the castle, leaving a stunned Jongin in her wake.


The next morning, Soomin heaves a sigh of relief at the absence of sweets and the tiny slip on her usual spot. Her friends chose to not comment and spend the breakfast with light banter along with preparing for their exams before Christmas break.

"Where's Yixing?" Sehun asks, seated between Junmyeon and Jongin. (Sehun and Jun have yet to publicly reveal their relationship, but everyone save Jongin is aware or rather quick to put two pieces together. During a prank, Junmyeon was accidentally caught in between, resulting in a horrible injury and Sehun lost it, thankfully Junmyeon was conscious and stable to stop the Gryffindor from doing something that would cause him trouble.)

"He's with his girlfriend." Chanyeol's voice booms, followed by a snicker, as the group turns to the entrance to watch Yixing looking uncomfortable as his dance partner attempts to talk to him.

"Should we go save him?" Jiha voices, noticing Yixing throwing glances in their direction.

"But how?" Hera asks, overprotective younger sister on, as she's throwing glares at the blonde trying to feel her brother up.

"Soomin go." Jiha forces Soomin on her feet and pushes her towards the pair of Slytherins.

"Would you like to hangout with my friends and I. We'll be at Hog's Head." Soomin hears the blonde say,

"Thank you for the offer, but I already have plans for the weekend." Yixing answers, Soomin sighs watching Lillan's smile falter at the answer, and the smile falling completely once her eyes land on the Hufflepuff making her to them.

"Hey." Soomin says, coming to stand next to Yixing.

"Soomin." Yixing greets, while Lillian pouts at her, with a small nudge towards Yixing.

"Yixing and I have to get to the greenhouse." Soomin lies, smiling quickly at Yixing.

"Oh okay. I guess I'll see you later." Lillian waves at them, giving Yixing a longing look, before she's returning to her table.

"It seems as if Professor Longbottom, forgot to inform me." Yixing muses, when the two step into the almost empty hallways, with a couple of students littering around.

"Actually I lied. We all saw how uncomfortable you looked and well." Soomin scratches her neck.

"Oh. Thank you for rescuing me." Yixing chuckles,

"After the hundred times you've saved me, this is the least I could do." Soomin retorts, 

Back in the Great Hall,

"Finally, My OTP is sailing." Jiha cheers out loud, causing her friends to roll their eyes, while the older students look slightly confused.

"What's sailing?" Kyungsoo asks,

"OTP, One true pair, also known as Yixing and Soomin. She's been wanting them together since first year." His girlfriend answers, though the table falls silent as they look at Jongin.

After Jongin and his friends talked out their misunderstandings, Jongin was glad to join their table for meals.

"She's only joking." Junmyeon tries to lighten the mood, but his boyfriend and cousins snort at the statement.

"Sure I am." Jiha sarcastically replies, though Jongin fails or rather chooses to ignore the sarcasm.


"Soomin." Mr.Nam hugs his daughter tightly, and not so subtly scanning around the station for a certain tanned male. Though he fails to catch sight of the raven-haired male.

"Dad." Soomin returns the hug, just as tight, before they're walking out of the station.

"Mom." Soomin yells, running to hug her Mom and the Nam's internally smile at their cheerfully daughter.

"So, for Christmas, we were thinking about a trip to Malta, both of our families. if your grandparents want to come, but I think they would rather continue their tradition of vacationing in Bali." Mr.Nam starts. Hera and Soomin share an excited look, while Yixing shrugs.

"Does that mean we won't be able to make it to the Kim's annual Christmas party." Soomin asks, Mr.Nam has his hands in a fist, doing his best to not say anything to upset his daughter.

"Unfortunately, that does mean we'll be missing the party, but we'll be back to give you kids enough time for your sleepover." Mrs.Nam answers, throwing her husband a warning look. 

"When will we be leaving?" Hera asks,

"We can be on a plane by tomorrow, if you're fine with it." Mr.Zhang adds, "I've talked to the Parks and they're okay with Chanyeol tagging along, so you won't be too left out."

"What about Kyungsoo? Can we include him?" Soomin suggests, If it's going to be a family trip, might as well include her cousin.

"I'll write to him as soon as we get home." Mrs.Nam says, approvingly.


"Wow, I knew your family was rich, but I didn't actually realise just how much." Chanyeol muses, gaping at the interior of the private jet owned by the Nam's.

"It's not that big of a deal." Soomin shrugs, flustered by the attention.

"Thank you inviting me." Kyungsoo uses the chance to tell Soomin,

"I thought it would be an excellent opportunity to get closer to my cousin." Soomin smiles and the older male gently pats her head, before he's pulled away by his younger cousin, Minkyung.

While Hera and Soomin opt to spend the roughly 3 hours looking up different events close to their resort, the boys make full use of the gaming console.


The time on the island seems to fly by and though Kyungsoo at times seems uncomfortable midst Muggles, he enjoys the moments well. Chanyeol being Chanyeol is comfortable in whatever circumstances he's placed in and by the end of their trip, he's made friendships with several island locals and the staff at the resort.

On the last night of their stay on the beautiful island, Soomin finds it hard to sleep and chooses to walk around. Walking by the pool, she notices a lone figure with their feet dipped in the pool and makes a decision to join them.

"Hey." Soomin softly calls, not wanting to startle Yixing if she were to suddenly plop next to him.

"Couldn't sleep." Yixing states, causing the girl to chuckle and nod.

"I'm going to miss this." Soomin sighs, leaning on her palms to stare at the beautiful starry sky.

"Me too. I honestly don't want the next term to start." Yixing complains, copying Soomin to stare at the sky as well.

"I don't want to return to Hogwarts either." Soomin sighs,

"Did you have fun?" Yixing asks, trying to switch topics and thankfully Soomin is quick to catch on.

The two manage to return to their hotel rooms only after they've seen the sunset. Both of them are caught by their mother as they try to tiptoe to the bedrooms, thankfully they choose to stay quiet and let it go.


Needless to say, their friends were somewhat sulky with their absence at the Christmas party as both Hera & Soomin forgot to inform them of the impromptu trip. Thankfully, Seungwan and her family took a similar trip to Bora Bora, so they had one person on their side.

"You know, Kyungsoo was kind enough to write to me about the trip, or I would have been clueless." Audrey starts,

"I feel betrayed." Jiha dramatically gasps, clutching her chest as she throws herself on Soomin and Hera. 

"We were ambushed, my lady. Our parents gave us less than a day of warning to prepare for the trip." Soomin plays along with Jiha's dramatics.

"We left less than 24 hours after we stepped off the Hogwards Express. Give us a break." Hera rolls her eyes, trying to push Jiha off her lap.

"I'm jealous, the three of you got to have fun breaks. So, spill." The friends turn, and Seungwan goes first with telling them about her fun trip. From the shopping sprees to the amazing beaches to the amazing looking guys (not a word to Chanyeol!) to her brother's several hook-ups to all the new food she got to try.

When it's Soomin and Hera's turn, they also spare no details of their vacation as they also have several pictures to go with their stories. Seungwan and Audrey manage to get their hands on a few pictures of their boyfriends, looking dapper in muggle formal wear. (For Christmas, they had dinner at a fancy Muggle hotel, requiring them to dress their best.)


Due to the warmer temperatures in Malta & Bora Bora, half of the group returns with visible tans, which causes a few heads to turn as Kyungsoo, seems to be on much better terms with both Chanyeol and Yixing, even if Jongin has somewhat of a scowl watching his best friends interact with what were supposed to be his enemies.

The closeness between Kyungsoo and Soomin raises a few eyebrows along with the start up of the rumor mill. By the time Easter break comes up, there are several rumors flying about Kyungsoo cheating on Audrey with Soomin, or Soomin trying to use Kyungsoo to get Jongin jealous, and so on.

For the muggle Festival, Yixing and Soomin are paired together, with Minseok and Jiha, (Jiha threw a fit, since she wanted to be paired with her latest 'friend' a sixth year Slytherin.) and Sehun was stuck with a fellow housemate who had a very obvious crush on him, who would also use every chance she would get to be close to him, Eunmi had to sit this one out, as she mysteriously fractured her leg. The Hufflepuff refuses to reveal anything.


"Where are you guys off to?" Hera asks, the group of five as they stand up after an early dinner.

"Dance practice." Jiha says, running off to her 'friend', while Sehun groans, seeing his partner at the door.

"What's wrong?" Jongin asks, "If she likes you, give it a shot. Girls aren't going to always be throwing themselves to you. Right Jun?" The clueless boy adds, Kyungsoo huffs, wondering how he ended up being friends with one of the most idiotic fool ever, while Junmyeon puts on a polite smile and nods at his cousin.

"I don't care for her. She can throw herself at me all she wants, but I'm never going to be remotely attracted to her." Sehun sighs, squeezing his boyfriend's shoulder, before walking away.

"Jongin, there's a reason you're in Ravenclaw. So, please do us all a favor and for once actually use that Ravenclaw smartness." Jongdae sasses, before he's walking away as well.


"What are you doing?" Yixing asks, pointing to the box, Soomin is attempting to hand wrap.

"It's for Kyungsoo." Soomin answers, carefully wrapping the gift.

"I forgot." Yixing gasps, hurrying to look through his bag,

"We can share this." Soomin offers, but Yixing is quick to refuse.

"It's fine, I figured it might have slipped out of your mind, you do have a lot of things to worry about. I have no problem sharing." She assures him, though he still refuses, but he ends up giving in when she signs his name of the present as well.

"Too bad." Soomin smugly states, blowing on the ink to help it dry.

However, Jiha is the one who looks smug, when she notices the two names on the gift, and she's smart to not mention it at the party, but the next day during their study session, Soomin is teased to no end.


Easter break was supposed to be a break, but Mr.Nam's father suffers from a sudden heart attack, shaking the entirety of the Nam family and had it not been for the Zhang's, they would have had a tough time handling everything. The family is assured it's nothing critical.

Yixing and Hera do their best to be there for Soomin and her brother, and Hera under the strict instructions of Jiha, plays matchmaker and pushes Yixing to Soomin whenever she seems down. The Slytherin boy does a wonderful job of helping Soomin.

Yet, Soomin in a moment of weakness, falls prey to her thoughts and ends up fire calling Jongin. Jongin is ecstatic when his face pops up on the fireplace.

"Soomin." Jongin exclaims,

"My grand-"

"Jongin." A familiar voice has Soomin halt, "Grandma is looking for you."

"Tell her, I'll be there soon." Jongin says, head slightly pulled back,

"Now, Jongin." Rachel's voice echoes in the empty sitting room.

"I'll call you back." Jongin barely finishes, before Soomin is pulling away.

She hurries to leave the room, only to run into Yixing leaning against the wall, next to the door.

"I-I'm a fool." She sobs, folding herself in half, Yixing sits beside her, gently patting her head, and letting her cry it out.


A few days, before the term is to begin, Soomin finds herself being dragged through Muggle London by a too cheery Yixing.

The huge smile is still on Yixing's face as he brings her to a stop.

"What?" Soomin asks, looking around the mostly empty park. Of course it's empty. It's barely 9 am on a Sunday.

"We're cheering you up. Your Yeye misses his bright and smiling pumpkin. So, we're going to turn that frown upside down." Yixing chuckles at the Muggle phrase, which gets a tiny smile from Soomin.

"But biking?" Soomin asks, looking at the biking rental.

"It helps. Trust me." Yixing says, and Soomin has no reason not to.

Biking turns out to be an amazing idea, as they bike around the area, first stopping for a small breakfast at a tiny cafe and after an hour, Soomin has enough. Yixing continues to bring her to other places and before soon they're at the hospital her grandfather has been admitted to, but unlike before there's a bright smile on her face, along with a lightness in her steps.

Mr & Mrs.Nam silently send their thanks to Yixing, but the boy is quick to wave it off.

Easter break might not have started the best way, but for Soomin it ended much better than she ever expected. So much better, that seeing Jongin at King's Cross didn't hurt her, rather it felt like a small prickle, that was soon forgotten once her friends were pulling her in for hugs.

When Jongin pulls her aside to apologise for having to cut their conversation short, Soomin answers with "Don't apologise, it was rather eye opening." And walks off leaving a confused Jongin staring after her. 


My brain hasn't been working well.

Hopefully, this makes some sense.