C.16.

Reparo

"Soomin" Mr.Nam happily waves at his daughter, watching her search around the crowd. Seeing her father, she pushes her way through the crowd and jump on her father for a tight hug. Mr.Nam is surprised at the sudden affection, but he takes it as his daughter missing him.

Yixing and his dad share a quick hug, before Mr.Zhang pulls Hera into his arms.

"Those two behave as if they haven't seen each other for centuries." Yixing jokes, pointing over to Hera and his father hugging tightly. Soomin smiles watching Zhang father-daughter duo, before looping arms with her father.

"How cute." Soomin mumbles, helping her father push her cart out of the station.

"Mom." Soomin hugs her mother tightly, unlike her father, her mother is quick to notice the tightness of the hug and the sadness her daughter is trying her best to hide. But before she can comment, the bags have been loaded to the car and Mr.Nam is seated at the driver's seat.

"I didn't see Jongin. Is he okay?" Mrs. Nam asks, Soomin stiffens at the mention of her ex-boyfriend.

Mr.Nam scoffs "I don't like him. You should just break up with him." Mrs. Nam and Mr. Zhang are quick to chide him.

"We did. Jongin and I broke up." Soomin says, silencing the entire car. Mr. Nam slams the breaks, before turning to look at his daughter, there's not a hint of mischief on her face nor any indication of her lying. He slowly turns around, muttering an Okay, before he continues driving.

Mrs.Nam is looking at her daughter, but she chooses to close her eyes and rest her head in her mother's lap, refusing to elaborate any further on her break up.

The conversation for the remainder of the drive remains lighthearted with careful consideration of Soomin.


"Soomin." Jongin startles hearing the name and turns to see his girlfriend clutching to her father. He makes a move to go to her, but Jiha is quick to block him.

"Don't." Jiha warns him.

"I need to talk to her." Jongin begs, but his sister is relentless and she turns him away, before Soomin or her father notice them.

Jongin knows his parents are disappointed in him and they don't hide that feeling when they greet their children. His mother barely acknowledges him, while his father manages a small greeting.

Jongin turns towards Soomin once more and immediately he's filled with anger, seeing the Slytherin whisper something to his girlfriend, which results in a small, beautiful smile on her face. He watches her loop her arms with her father and continuing chatting with Yixing as if there's nothing wrong. He attempts to sneak away from his family, but Jiha is quick to catch him and pull him away.

"Mother, I reckon we talk to the Nam's and ask them to host the end of summer party. I don't think Soomin would feel comfortable at our place." Jiha voices and Mrs. Kim nods and promises to write to Mrs.Nam at the earliest.

Jongin is stunned at the request, but chooses to stay quiet not wanting to further upset his parents.


Soomin's mood further drops at the sight of her maternal grandparents seated in the seating room, snobbishly judging the interior, while her Yeye is doting on his grandson and Mrs. Zhang is chatting with her Nainai.

"Mother. Father. What are you doing here?" Hyori questions her parents.

"We were here to drop this off. I hope you know what's expected of you." Hyori's mother extends a card to her daughter.

"That's all. We'll be on our way then." Mrs. Nam's father bids, before the pair is being escorted outside by the butler.

"What's that?" Weston asks, coming to stand behind his wife and look at the invitation.

"Guess who's going to a ball this summer." Mrs. Nam cheers with fake enthusiasm.

"We received an invitation as well." Mrs. Zhang grimaces, holding up the card to show her family.

In the chaos, Soomin manages to sneak off to her room, Hera is quick to follow after her.

"Do you think your parents would mind if I stay over with you for a few days?" Hera asks, plopping onto Soomin's bed, while the girl works on unpacking and organising her things.

"I'm sure they won't. But your parents might not like the idea of losing time with their daughter." Soomin cheekily replies, popping her head out of her wardrobe.

"That is true. But they'll have Yixing." Hera shrugs,

"Can you answer something for me?" Soomin asks, sitting on the edge of the bed. Hera hums.

"Has Jongin tried talking to me?" Soomin asks.

"He has. He's been begging us to talk to him every day." Hera answers honestly.

"Do you think I should talk to him?" Soomin asks,

"Honestly, Yes. I think you should talk and get a proper closure from him, which would allow you to move on. " Hera tells her,

"What if, what if he wants me to give him another chance?"

"That's your decision to make, but first listen to his reasoning on why he's cheating on you, that too with Rachel Yoo. The same Rachel Yoo, who's been bullying us for no reason what so ever. Forget about me, but think about how much she hurt you and how she constantly tried to hurt you. If you can look past that and give him another chance, it's on you." Hera heatedly says,

"What do you want to do?" Hera asks, seeing as Soomin looks quite conflicted.

"I love him Hera. I really love him. And I thought he did as well. H-He told our parents, I was the one for him, then why. Why would he do this?" Soomin is sick of crying, but the tears won't stop leaving her eyes and she ends up burying her face in her pillow. Hera is quick at her side to comfort her.


"Where's Soomin?" Hyori asks Hera, when the younger enters the kitchen.

"She's sleeping." Hera tells her, joining the women at the table.

"What happen between Jongin and Soomin?" Mrs.Nam asks, The women notice Hera stiffen and hesitation is clear on her face as she tries to think of how to answer the question.

"Well-" Her words are cut off, as the butler enters the kitchen, with an envelope in his hands.

"Ma'am, This was dropped off, just now." He holds the envelope to Hyori.

"It's from the Kim's." Hyori mumbles, opening the letter.

"It might be Mrs.Kim asking to change the location of the end-of-summer party." Hera says.

"Why is Jiyeon apologising for Jongin? And she has asked for us to host the party." Hyori asks, looking at the letter, confused.

"because we broke up. I don't see how it's her fault, but I reckon she feels the need to apologise for her son's mistake." Soomin enters the kitchen, not bothering trying to hide her red, swollen eyes.

"Honey, what's going on?" Her mother questions, watching her daughter carefully.

"I'm not sure either." Soomin says, picking up her cup of tea and exiting the kitchen. She gives Hera a look, silently pleading with her to not reveal anything to the adults.

"I'm going to go after her." Hera jumps up, as soon as the three women turn their eyes on her.


"What's the occasion for the ball?" Baekhyun asks, his family was also sent an invitation.

The friends are at a small ice cream parlour on Diagon Alley.

"The Lee family is going to be introducing their heir to the Wizard world." Jiha answers,

"Your mother is a Lee?" Hera turns to Soomin, but the girl has her eyes focused elsewhere.

"What's so fascinating out there?" Jiha asks, following Soomin's gaze.

"I'm going to kill him." Jiha mumbles, noisily standing up from her seat and heading straight for the door.

"Jiha, Stop." Hera runs behind her and pulls the girl to a stop before she can catch up to her brother and publicly hex him.

"My mother was disowned from the family, for marrying a muggle." Soomin says, completely ignoring the previous scene. "However, once her older sister and her husband passed away, the family was quick to want her back."

"Who are the Lee's?" Audrey asks and the group looks at her as if she's grown another head. Thankfully Baekhyun takes it upon himself to explain the Lee being a pureblood family, running a grand business in the wizarding world, more than a couple centuries old.

"I've never heard of them." Audrey shrugs,

"It's understandable, the Lee's recently immigrated to the UK, but they still spend a lot of their time in Korea. Their eldest daughter had gotten married to an extremely powerful family as well. Though not much is known on that topic." Baekhyun adds.

"Anyway, I'm going to head back home. I'll see you at the ball next week." Soomin bids, heading straight out the door.

Hera is quick to follow after her and the rest of the group watch from the window.

The group heaves a sigh of relief when 5 minutes later, a group of Ravenclaw walk in. It takes a lot of self control for Jiha to remain civil.


"Wow. You look beautiful." Yixing breathes, the minute he sees Soomin descending the stairs in a long, green evening gown.

"Thank you." Soomin chuckles, "You're not bad yourself." She adds. His hair is pushed back and the green and silver robes suit just right.

A cough gets their attention, and the two watch Hera follow after Soomin in a similar dress as Soomin, but the gown is gold in colour and has a V-neck as compared to Soomin's Halter neck.

"My beautiful sister." Yixing smiles, holding his arm out for her, while he extends his other arm towards Soomin. The two gladly accept, just as a flash goes off.

The parents demand for pictures, and the 'short' session lasts for almost half-an-hour, before they're reminded of the time.


"Hey," A fidgety Jiha greets the Nam and Zhang family when they floo over to the party.

"What's wrong?" Soomin asks, noticing the panicked expression on her best friend's face.

"Jongin is here." Jiha tells her. "With her." She whispers, loud enough for the three teenagers to hear.

Soomin visibly deflates. "Oh. Thank you for letting me know." She attempts her best smile.

"No. You're not getting upset over him. He doesn't deserve you." Jiha tells the dejected girl. It seems the teenagers have forgotten about their parents, though the four adults are watching them closely.

"How about, Yixing be your date?" Hera suggests and Jiha brightens up at the idea.

"I like that. What do you say Yixing. Be her date, and I'll steal Hera as my date." Jiha adds,

"Not fair, the three of us agreed to being each other's dates." Soomin pouts, causing her two best friends to smile at her.

"We know, but Yixing might be better." Jiha says,

"I'm okay with it. I was planning on staying with you guys for the night." Yixing smiles, Soomin doesn't see a reason to disagree.


A quarter past 7, all music is brought to a halt and Mr.Lee, Soomin's paternal grandfather, calls for everyone's attention.

"Good Evening. I would like to thank everyone present for joining us tonight. We're glad you could make it to this special occasion. The reason for this ball is to announce the heir to the Lee family. Our dearest grandson, Kyungsoo Doh." All the Hogwarts students are shocked watching the male with huge eyes slowly make his way to the middle. "And also, we would like to announce his engagement to my close friend's granddaughter." The group tenses as they slowly turn to see Audrey staring at Kyungsoo, who seems to be unaffected by the news as his grandmother pulls him in for a hug. Audrey manages to slip out of the room, her room mate is quick to follow after her.

"Hello. Once again, Thank you for coming here. It's an honour to be introduced as the heir to the Lee family and I'll be sure to continue their legacy." A round of applause. "However, there seems to have been a misunderstanding, I have never agreed to any sort of engagement and I'm sure my grandparents feel the same." Kyungsoo smiles at the elder couple and politely bows at the crowd, before he walks off the stage and straight to their group.

"Hello, Cousin." Kyungsoo smiles, when he's in front of Soomin and she's quick to pull him in for a hug. Her mother is next to hug him, along with Mr.Nam.

"Where's Audrey?" Kyungsoo asks his schoolmates.

"She left as soon as she heard about your 'engagement'." Sehun answers. Kyungsoo huffs, shaking his head, before he turns towards the direction the others are pointing at.


"I can't believe Kyungsoo is my cousin." Soomin voices. Yixing and her are lounging near the stairs.  The two are on the lookout to ensure no one disturbs Kyungsoo and Audrey from their much needed chat.

"Makes sense. You both have Soo in your name." Yixing teases.

"Of course." She rolls her eyes, though her lips slightly tilt up.

"Ahh, your eyes. You both have huge eyes." Yixing nods to himself,

"Yixing." Soomin nudges him lightly.

"Oh, the constant death glares as well." Yixing adds, before he runs up the stairs.

"Get back here." Soomin yells, bunching her dress at her hips and tossing her wedges, before she's running up the stairs.

"Yixing Zhang, you're going to get it from me." Soomin warns, getting close to Yixing.

"I want to see you try." The Slytherin hollers, bursting into laughter and soon Soomin manages to throw herself on his back and the two tumble to the floor, laughing like no tomorrow.

"Ahh, I forgot the lips. You both have these heart shaped lips." Yixing says, ghosting over her fingers.

Soomin leans in until they're barely a breath away, when a clearing of a throat causes them to spring apart. Soomin manages to compose herself, when Yixing manages to get to his feet. The two turn to see an amused Audrey, while Kyungsoo has his famous death glare pointed at Yixing.

"What's going on here?" Audrey teases, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Not much, but the same can't be said about the two of you." Soomin stares at the intertwined fingers of Kyungsoo and Audrey.

"We're dating." Kyungsoo declares, bringing their joined hands in front of him, to plant a kiss on Audrey's knuckles, the Grynffindor blushes as bright as her house colour.

"Uh." Soomin jokingly shudders, while Yixing being the polite one, congrats the two.

"You hurt her, and I will have Jiha annihilate you. And you hurt my cousin and I'll do the honour myself." The two are not threatened by the younger at all and the three end up laughing at Soomin's effort of being intimidating.

However, in their happiness bubble, the group fails to notice the lone figure that has been observing them.


 SooXing or JongMin?