Episode 8

Secret: A Bizarre K-Pop Scandal

A Bizarre K. Pop Scandal - Ep8

 

Seola dropped into Dongmin's arms. For a moment, he thought he had struck gold; the woman of his dreams in his arms. Even in a state of unconciousness, she still looked like an angel that descended from heavens.

 

"SEOLA, wake up... wake up..." said a man in red sweater, whom Dongmin perceived to be her manager. He was shaking Seola furiously.

 

"Why not I'll carry her to your car??" Dongmin suggested.

 

"Good idea. Let's make a run to my car" the manager said.

 

Both the manager, Dongmin and the other member, Yeoreum made a run to the manager's car. As Dongmin prepares to unmount Seola from his arms, suddenly the manager shouted.

 

"What, my petrol has been used up. I can' t start the car. What to do? What can I do?!?!" sighed the manager.

 

"Its ok. I'll take her to hospital in my car. Yeoreum and you can take a taxi to the hospital. Just follow my car," Dongmin said as he carried Seola again and ran to his new Audi.

 

As Dongmin sped off, he began to be concerned to Seola. He felt her body was hot, and she was running a temperature. At the same time, he cant stop looking at the unconcious girl, and felt his heart fluttered everytime he look at her face.

 

Dongmin reached the hospital and carried Seola again as he made a dash to the emergency room.

However, he wasn't allowed to enter the room with Seola as he wasn't the guardian.

 

Dongmin paced up and down the walkway outside the emergency room, concerned about Seola's well being. A few minutes later, Exy arrived and saw Dongmin standing by the emergency room.

 

"Where is Unnie? I gotta see her." Exy asked Dongmin. Dongmin pointed to the room. Exy rushed in looking with concern about her member.

 

An hour later, Exy reappered at the waiting area again. Dongmin was taking a nap on one of the seats. Exy tapped Dongmin's shoulder.

 

" Thanks for helping Seola to the hospital. I think I owe you one for that." said Exy as she took a seat beside Dongmin.

 

"What happened to Seola? Is she alright?" asked Dongmin as he turned to Exy, awaiting for her explanation.

 

"Well, unnie has been dieting lots. I think she didnt took her breakfast and went to the gym. She is basically dehydrated and suffered a mild heatstroke. Luckily you arrived in time. Or else, it could be worse," Exy explained.

 

Dongmin clasped his hands as he looks upwards." Thank God..." Exy just chuckled at Dongmin's expression as she covered .

 

" You like Unnie so much. Tell me, Rich Boy oppa, do you have a girlfriend? " Exy asked.

 

" Nopes. I just love WJSN. But Seola is my stan" Dongmin replied.

 

Exy smiled as she keep glancing at Dongmin, admiring at how a good looking guy is one of her group avid fans.

 

The next day, Dongmin headed to Starship Hill to meet PD Kang Seongmin for an interview.

 

"Mr Lee, please follow me.." the receptionist said as he brought Dongmin into an empty boardroom. "Please make yourself comfortable." Mr Kang will be arrriving soon.

 

A few minutes later, a tall, middle aged man came into the room. Wearing a suit and tie, with his remaining fringe sleeked to the back, the man approached Dongmin and hand out his hands.

 

" Hi, I am Kang Seongmin, VP of Talents in Starship. You must be Mr Lee Dongmin?" PD Kang said as he took interest in Dongmin.

 

"Yes, I am. I called you in regards of a job." Dongmin replied.

 

"A job? Lets see. Nice puppy eyes. Perfect chiselled nose and chin. Great lips. And you are quite tall. You should be a talent here. I would definitely sign you for King Kong Ent for acting. You have perfect looks." said PD Kang, as he suggested and cknvinced Dongmin for an acting career.

 

" No actually. I want to be a manager. For an idol group" said Dongmin as he didnt want to reveal thay he is a big fan of WJSN.

 

"Manager? Tell me why you should be a manager then...." PD Kang said as he grimaced his face.

 

"Because... because... I manage my time well. I can manage a group of people to be prompt in their schedules and take care of their welfare. I believe that I am the kind of person that should be managing our artist to their best interest.

 

" Wow impressive. Let me see....." PD Kang said as he begins to clickon his mouse and looking on his laptop.

 

"Monsta X... enough managers. Jang Sewoon, Brother Su, Lee Seungwoo, Soyou..... haah.... WJSN needs an extra manager. Too bad Minji left the job last month. Hanwoo and Kayoung are struggling to manage the girls. You know, too many women in the house can be quite a battle?? " PD Kang said as he smiled to Dongmin.

 

Dongmin didnt mind the challenge. Its one of the rare opportunities to be close to his idols.

 

"That would be fine, Mr Kang. I'll take the challenge..." Dongmin said as he smiled.

 

"Let me call Hanwoo and see if he could arrange you to meet the girls. They are having a break after promotions." PD Kang said as he picked up the phone to call Hanwoo.

 

Hanwoo came by to fetch Dongmin. As Hanwoo calls for a taxi, Dongmin taps his shoulder.

 

"Hanwoo-sshi, I drove here. Maybe you could give me the address?" Dongmin suggested.

 

"You drove here??" Hanwoo said with a bewildered expression.

 

"Yes, the white car there is mine." said Dongmin while pointing towards the white car

 

"WOOOW... that must be one hell of an expensive car" said Hanwoo as he walked around the Audi roadster, in awe.

 

As they left Starship Hill. Hanwoo decided to introduced himself. "Hi, I'm Cho Hanwoo, 28 years old. Been WJSN's manager since their debut. By the way, I come from Iksan, so at times i might speak with a Satoori"

 

"28 years old? Means we are friends. I shall call you Hanwoo then. By the way, I am Lee Dongmin, 28, from Seoul. I stay in Seochogu too..." Dongmin said as he introduced himself.

 

Before long, they reached the apartment complex, which is a 15 mins ride from Starship Hill.

 

" By the way, this is the girls' new dorms. They moved in few months ago. I'll show you to their dorms. " Hanwoo said.

 

Hanwoo showed around the first dorm, which was occupied by five of the girls. Mostly Soobin, Yeoreum and the three Chinese members. Hanwoo showed an extra room.

 

" Ouh, this is where Kayoung nuna stays. She's not around today, tending to Seola who is in hospital. The temp manager said a samatrian helped Seola to hospital" Hanwoo said.

 

Then, Hanwoo brought Dongmin to the other dorm, three doors away from the first dorm. They are occupied by the rest; Seola, Bona, Exy, Luda, Dawon, Eunseo, Dayoung and Yeonjung.

 

As they entered the second dorm, all the girls are in there, watching the television and relaxing while awaiting for their next schedule.

 

"The girls will be going for practice at 4pm later. Before that, I will formally introduced you to them" Hanwoo said.

 

"Ok girls. Please gather. We going to have a new manager to manage you guys. This is Manager Lee Dongmin." Hanwoo said as he introduced Dongmin to the rest of the girls.

 

The girls turned towards Dongmin, and most of them gawped in awe.

 

"Soobin Unnie. Please pinch me and tell me its not a dream." Eunseo said as she pulled Soobin's arms.

 

"Wow. Manager oppa look like an idol too..." Dayoung said as she smiled towards Dongmin.

 

Continued to Ep. 9