Episode 17

Secret: A Bizarre K-Pop Scandal

A Bizarre K. Pop Scandal - Ep17

Dongmin, Seola and Exy rode in the car on the way home. No one was speaking to each other like it used to be with Exy, not even a single sound.

Dongmin looked at the rear view mirror and stared at Exy. Her eyes are full of tears, dripping tears as she stared at the side mirror from outside.

"Exy-sshi. Please wipe off your tears. You shpuld be taking care of your image," Dongmin said as he handed a pack of tissues to Exy.

Dongmin then looked at Seola. She was looking outside on her own. Probably confused as what had happened a few minutes ago....

Exy had came up to them and whispered." What are you guys doing here?? There are reporters everywhere. You guys have been cornered!!"

Dongmin said "Oh no, what shall we do? This would be one of the biggest news that will be coming out of WJSN. Shall I beat those guys up?? Its ok. I'll sacrifice myself..."

"Oppa, you and unnie had been caught. At this rate, probably Unnie will be caught. Tell you what, its too late. Perhaps this for a parting shot," Exy said as she approached for Dongmin's face and gave him a parting kiss.

At that moment, cameras started clicking and flashes gone everywhere. Time stopped as if it was frozen for Exy and Dongmin to have their last moments together....

Dongmin pulled Exy to the his rooftop apartment and gave her a can of beer. Both were quiet and the environment felt awkward for a conversation.

"So what you are going to do now? Tomorrow both myself and I are going to be the biggest news in the entire Korea..." Dongmin said as she faced Exy who was still looking towards the ground.

"I probably get into Director Kang's office. Get sent home and most probably I wont be a public figure anymore." Exy said.

"No. Don't do this alone. I'll go with you. We'll go down together..." Dongmin said.

"Oppa, you told me to act as WJSN leader. I'll take responsibility for the group. I'll take care of everything. Besides, this is what I should be doing. Claim responsibility for all the mess that the group has done...." Exy said as she started to cry.

Dongmin gave her an embrace as the night went through the darkness, not knowing the bad news that will appear the next day...

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK..... Dongmin was waken up with the pounding of his apartment door. He sauntered through to open the door to see who was disturbing his morning sleep.

It was Hanwoo and Gayoung. Hanwoo suddenly grabbed Dongmin's collar.

"Is this what you do to ruin girls' lives. Using your charms to seduce young girls?? HUH... You jerk," Hanwoo screamed as he tried to swing his fists into Dongmin's face.

"Hanwoo... listen... Don't act brash. We are colleagues... we should be solving this for the girl's future...." Kayoung said as she tried to break up the commotion that is going to happen.

The three of them sat at the verandah while looking at the sunrise together

Hanwoo passed Dongmin his iPad. Dongmin was shocked at what he saw on his tap.

Manager and WJSN member in secret relationship. Manager seeing two girls at one time. WJSN future in limbo as CEO not giving any timeline for group's future....

"Search trending about you and Exy have been no. 1 since 11pm yesterday. You guys have made the biggest news in Korea since 2009 suicidal cases. We have to work together to clear this up" Hanwoo said as he sipped his morning coffee from his thermoflask" Hanwoo said.

"What about Exy. What happened to her?" Dongmin asked as he was concerned with the girl.

"She has requested from the management to take a break. She has left for her hometown at midnight. Her parents picked her up rightaway"
Hanwoo replied again.

"What are you going to do, Dongmin? Im not sure what went through between you two, but I think you should be a man. CEO wants a word with you soon, I heard." Kayoung butts in as she was curious.

"Don't worry. I'll make sure Exy will return to stage at the shortest time possible." Dongmin said.

"How was the kiss by the way? Good?" Hanwoo said as he etched a smile, trying to loosen up the tense moment.

"Good. Soft and wet. She's a good kisser by the way," Dongmin joked as the three of them giggled.

Dongmin met the girls at their dorm. The mood was solemn. A notice from the company has stated that all thirteen of them will have their activities halted till the problem is solved.

Bona stared at her manager hard. She demanded answers from her manager.

"Exy always told me that she always like your style. She knows that you have designs for Seola unnie. But she still like you as a person" Bona said as she is now the leader after Exy's momentarily departure.

"Yes, I know. I shouldn't have shown my emotions too much," Dongmin replied.

"Oppa, be a man. Go to Busan now. Get Exy back here. In fact you are the best person to bring her back. She loves you a lot," Bona said as she left the table and headed back to her room.

Dongmin decided to drive down to Busan to chase Exy down in her hometown. During the drive, Dongmin remembered the time they first met at the fansigning, her reactions at his pickup lines. Getting caught infront of their dorm and her handing their Director's namecard. The moments she sat down beside him and they talked. And all these while he was eyeing for another member and chucking her aside just because Dongmin thought that she wasn't worth his time.

Dongmin arrived in Busan five hours later. As he looked for Exy's home address, he suddenly had a sense of guilt towards her. Especially seeing her sacrificing her own dignity to save her group mate and also Dongmin himself.

Dongmin reached at the address given by Bona. In the middle of a modest neighbourhood down a quiet street surrounded by parks and by the sea. He wanted to alight and knock on the door, but perhaps it wasn't the best time to meet her. Therefore, Dongmin decided to park by the street to wait for her to come out.

Hours passed and still no sign of her. Dongmin started to feel restless and wanted to meet her once for all. He alighted the car and head towards her house....

He felt a tap on his shoulders. Dongmin turned towards his back...

"Sojung ah..... Im here..." Dongmin said as he had met his old friend...

Continue to Episode 18