Episode 10

Secret: A Bizarre K-Pop Scandal

A Bizarre K. Pop Scandal - Ep10.

Dongmin suddenly woke up and in a blur he saw an image of Seola smiling at him, while lying down on her lap.

"Uhh, Seola. Sorry for that. I couldn't withstand not sleeping for the night, so I dozed off"

"Its okay Manager oppa. Heard that you just recently joined the family. Well, welcome to Starship Ent." said Seola as she put her hand out for a handshake.

"Well, feeling better Seola? A good rest after a long time...." said Dongmin as he handed over chocolates to Seola, in which Seola opened her eyes wide enough to show her glee.

"Yeah. Idol life never been easy. Even on a bad day, we have to cover it with a smile. Besides, being the biggest unnie in the house does give you pressure too. You can't act pretty lots of times." Seola replied.

Both Seola and Dongmin chatted through the night till late. Dongmin left for home the next morning to wash up and to start his 2nd day as WJSN's manager.

Upon arriving the girl's dorms, Dongmin checked their schedule and found out that he has to follow Soobin and Yeoreum to do a live VApp broadcast.

Yeoreum was looking very sulky and not in a good mood today. She stomped her food around the dorm today and locked herself in a room after that.

"She found out that someone left a nasty comment about her speech on the fan cafe recently. They told her not to act cute always." Exy said as she tried to knock the door to talk to Yeoreum.

"Do you guys often take the fancafe comments seriously?" Dongmin asked Exy.

Xuanyi sauntered from the back and replied loudly."NOT AS BAD AS MINE. Someone called me a racist for making fun of Indian music during a variety show last year"

Tough life as a girl group member it seems. Image, character, and you must take care of what ever words that may come out your mouth.

Dongmin drove Yeoreum and Soobin to the studio for their VApp broadcast.

"You okay Yeoreum? Feeling better?" Dongmin asked with concern.

"I'm okay. Just that I overreacted" Yeoreum replied.

"So what you guys would be doing on the VApp?" Dongmin asked politely to divert her attention.

"As usual, communicate with fans. And maybe show them some dances that we have been watching from boygroups" Yeoreum said.

"The knife dance from Axe is the most in thing now. Maybe a lil more boy group dance, and we are done for the 30 minutes of broadcast." Soobin added.

The girls did their broadcast while Dongmin went for an early coffee to cure his sleepiness after having an overnight watch over Seola. He sat down and thought about the wonderful conversation he had with Seola overnight.

"Manager oppa. You know, when you smile, you look inmocently cute," Seola said as she giggled.

So cute, Dongmin thought. At the same time, he was interested on what Soobin and Yeoreum was doing. Dongmin watched their broadcast via VApp.

As usual the girls were doing their broadcast, but what irks Dongmin was the amount of anti comments from netizens.

"What's with the speech impediment girl. She is trying to copy of Axe Dance?"

"Two girls ruining their careers and also our Axe choreo. Spoilt kids"

"Both are too small to be idols. What's wrong with Korean women standard of beauty...."

Harsh it seems. But Dongmin treated it as passing sarcastic comments.

The two girls came to the cafe after their broadcast.

"More hurtful comments. But with every hurtful ones, at least our Ujungs return hundreds of encouragements. Yayy!" Yeoreum said as she cheered Soobin with their hardwork today.

The next day, the girls were off to a fansign event in Incheon. There were rumours that a group of anti fans have left malicious comments on the fan cafe, threatening the girls' safety at the event. Therefore, security was heightened at the event, as promised by the security organiser.

As they were travelling to the venue, Dongmin went into the fancafe. There were more than hundred anti comments, mostly giving an excuse about the VApp broadcast. There were few that may endangered the girl's lives. Dongmin reported most of the comments as unappropriate content.

They arrived at the fansign event safely. The girls alighted their vehicles and were ushered under heavy security after rumours that a number of anti fans, most from the Axe fan group are coming down and try to threaten the safety.

As they ushered through the crowd of fans, Dongmin spotted someone wearing a red cap, all black sweater and pants and mask approaching with a flask. Dongmin found it familiar that in the past, anti fans sometimes would try to splash corrosive solvents to hurt the targets.

Acting on his fast thinking, Dongmin found a fan holding on to a Captain America shield, meant as a gift for the girls.

"I'll take that from you. For the girls, perhaps?" the fan nodded.

Dongmin walked on the near side of the suspicious man as he tried to protect the girls. Suddenly he saw the man moving fast towards the girls, and started to remove the cover of the flask and ran towards the girl...

Dongmin shouted," Girls, run towards my right!! As the man started to give chase towards Exy, who was the nearest to the suspicious man.... Dongmin grabbed her tight as he used the shield to shield himself and Exy from the contents of the flask...

" SPLASH!!!" Dongmin felt a slight burning sensation on his arms from the bits of splashing liquid.

Hydrochloric acid. Damn.

Continued to Episode 11.