Episode 21

Secret: A Bizarre K-Pop Scandal

A Bizarre K. Pop Scandal - Ep21

 

"Let me reveal to you what is my real identity..." Dongmin said as cameras started clicking furiously as he watched hundreds of eyes staring towards him.

 

"I am WJSN sasaeng fan... I will do everything within my right to get myself to be part into their lives," Dongmin continued his sentence. Gasps and surprised faces filled the auditorium as he saw flashes of lights from the camera's capturing his every move.

 

"However, being with them has made me a better person. I had a serious depression before this. I can even show you my medical memo..." Domgmin continues as he took out an envelope from his cardigan top.

 

"However, I'm happy to be part of their lives. I am happy that Director Kang had gave me this opportunity. I also thanked the girls for making me part of their entourage. My fellow manager hyung and nuna, too." Dongmin explained again.

 

"However, I knew that its wrong to fall in love with a public figure, especially the personnels that you manage. I know its hard to resist the beauty of thirteen beautiful women constantly by your side. But please do not hurt them. They are just normal human beings trying to earn their rice bowl, and also would love to make your lives happy with their music and also their personalities. "

 

" A picture tells a million words. But how do you feel if you were put into a corner and people fingerpoint you of doing something that might not be true. It might ruin your lives, and the ones you loved."

 

" With that, since I created this incident that caused an uproar in the k-pop world, and its irreversible. I would like to take an opportunity to announce my relievement of my duties as WJSN's manager. " Dongmin said as he faced the girls and Director Kang.

 

The girls looked stunned, particularly Exy as she wasnt told of this arrangement. The whole auditorium went silent. Dongmin looked around the places with guilt.

 

"With that, here comes my parting words as WJSN manager. As a fellow fan, I would say, may your careers blossom prettily. Get more awards, recognition, earn more money. And I hope I'll get into your lives once again."

 

Dongmin sat inside a restaurant while enjoying beef ribs, something he hadnt enjoyed for the last four months. He saw someone wearing an all grey suit approaching his table. It was Director Kang.

 

" Dongmin.... I would like to have an opportunity to thank for your services.... Eventhough that ended on sour note." Director Kang said as he poured tea on his cup and Dongmin's.

 

"Wouldnt be nice at all. It will be sad cuz I wont be around them anymore." Dongmin said as he took a sip of the Chinese tea offered by Director Kang.

 

"Remember our deal? This is our sweetener. Here is your keys to your new office. And we printed a new name for you. Perhaps, shall we send a car for your procedure??" Director Kang suggested.

 

"Its ok sir. I probably drive my car to the clinic tomorrow... and enjoy my new name..." Dongmin said as he laughed.

 

Apparently the night before, Dongmin was called down for an explanation in Director Kang office..

 

"So Dongmin, what you gonna do? You have created a mess for the company now.. Its gonna be in tatters soon. And we have planned for their comeback, their promotions. You gonna pay for this?!?!?!"

 

"How much, 10 million won, 100 million won?" Dongmin said as he opened his chequebook.

 

"What are you, a walking ATM machine?" Director Kang screamed. 

 

"Nopes. I actually invested in lots of things in Korea. Stocks, FX, Bitcoins, Property. I actually had anticipated this. Tell you what, you clear my name, give me a good name. Change my looks too... I will buy the majority stake in the company..." Dongmin said as he wrote a figure on his cheque and gave it to Director Kang.

 

" WHAAAT... YOU ARE MAAD.. And you just work here as a manager... " Director Kang said as he stared hard at the numbers on the cheque.

 

" Chill, I only cash in three of my buildings in Incheon. I still have others that I can survive with. Just promise me these things. Get me close to the girls, and I would like to recommend my cousing Jung Ah as my replacement. She is a hardcore fan of our girls... " Dongmin said as he shook hands with Director Kang with a start of a stable partnership.

 

Epilogue.

Its the year 2023. The seventh year of WJSN, and by now they have been famous all around Asia, especially in Japan, where they released 4 Japanese releases, on which two sold more than nearly a million copies which struck the company oil money.

 

Almost all of the girls, except for the Chinese members (whom returned to China to continue with their entertainment careers) have renewed contracts with the company as of February.

 

Bona has signed with the acting division of the company while still sticking by the group. Most of the other members will be waiting for their solo careers as singers.

 

Exy has officially become the composer/songwriter for some of the songs by WJSN and the junior groups that are due to debut...

 

Whilst Seola returns to her studies in her early 30s, to start a new life. She is still part of the company and the group, but had wanted to learn new things that she havent been doing the past 7 years.

 

As for Dongmin, or David Lee as he is known now, he holds a swanky office by the Hill. As Dongmin wiped his name plate that says, David Lee, CEO. He turned around and looked at achivements and trophies that the girls got over the seven years. He looked satisfied both as a fan and also their CEO...

 

Knock Knock.... The door opened... And there was Sojung standing by the door.

 

"Hey Sojung, had a tough night yesterday?" Dong in said as he turned around to take a look at Exy.

 

"Yeah, being a singer/songwriter is so tough. I rather get back as WJSN... but I guess the girls are happy with their solo efforts now. If only we could reunite after that grand concert in February that marked our seven years together..."

 

"Dun worry. Arent you girls happy that you all have moved to my building as neighbours??" Dongmin said as he put his shoulder across Exy.

 

"A lil bit noisy, but it does bring back our togetherness. Come lets go. Dinner's on me."Exy said as she chuckled with Dongmin.

 

" Sure, what are we going to have today.....? " Dongmin said as both left the CEO office...