Episode 19

Secret: A Bizarre K-Pop Scandal

A Bizarre K. Pop Scandal - Ep19.

 

"What would you like, coffee or tea?" Director Kang speak as he showed his solemn face towards Dongmin.

 

Dongmin gulped his throat as he did not dare to face Director Kang... "Tea please," Dongmin said as he cleared his voice.

 

Director Kang put down his tea and sat down in front of Dongmin. "Have some tea. U need it at these difficult times. You should know why I called you here, shouldn't you."

 

"I'm... I'm sorry... Dir-" Dongmin said as he trembled with fear...

 

"You don't need to apologise to me. You should apologise to WJSN and their fans. Because of this mess, we have to put back their new release. You know how much investment is being out in at every release, do you?" Director Kang said with a stern voice.

 

"I don't fault you. Fair enough, my girls are one of the most beautiful people in Korea, most talented ones. I have my own judgement. As a man, having feelings for beautiful people are normal. But as you know they are in fact, public figures and should be protected from scandals, " Director Kang explained himself.

 

"In fact Dongmin, I looked highly towards you. I wanted to give you an acting career, but your dedication towardsthe girls are superb. You even risk your life to protect them. The girls love you, even you can get along with the awkward managers Kayoung and Hanwoo.. And of course, you even cooked meals for them... "

 

Dongmin thought hard as he wants Sojung back in the group. He decided whether for him to leave the company would be the best for all. But the netizens are all after Sojung and Seola, and were asking for their removal for the inappropriate behaviour.

 

"Which in my case, we gotta talk about Exy and Seola. The truth is, we did not kick Sojung out, she was the one who came up to me with her parents and wanted to take a sabbatical break from the group to avoid the backlash from fans and netizens..."

 

Dongmin remembered the mesaages in the fan cafe. Fans are bashing him and asking him to leave the industry and fighting for the girls to stay. Other netizens encourage the disbandment for the group, saying they are an embarassment and they are not even popular enough to have this type of scandals. Dongmin even read sasaengs that wanted him off this world... to kill him off...

 

"Which reminds me that it wae Sojung who personally talked to me to recommend you into the management team. I wonder why. Does she have a liking for you. Or you two known each other??"

 

"Mr Kang, I do not know. It was Exy who gave me your contact for this job. I personally thank you and Exy for this opportunity. But I have already made up my mind for this. I decided to...."

 

Both Dongmin and Director Kang sat down almost two hours, describing their plans and Dongmin's plan for the future...

 

" I wish you the best of luck Dongmin. We'll see each other tomorrow." Director Kang said as he tapped Dongmin's shoulders.

 

By the way, Mr Kang. Can I have your namecard. There is somene I would like to introduce to you.. " Dongmin said as he shook Director Kang's hands.

 

"Hmm, who would that be..." Mr Kang said as he smiled to Dongmin. Dongmin returned the smile. 

 

"And Dongmin. I just would like to give you a word of encouragement" Director Kang said before he left the room. 

 

"What about-" Dongmin replied as he was intereupted. 

 

"If I had a daughter like Sojung's age. I would most likely marry her off to you. You are a good man.. Just someone who is too in love and careless..." Director Kang laughed as he locked his office for the day. 

Next morning, Dongmin drove his Audi towards Yongsan station. Wearing his suit, he alighted from his Audi and saw a familiar figure standing by the exit of the station.

 

"Chu Sojung, welcome back to Seoul." Dongmin said.

 

"Well, thanks for your help. We gonna go to the press conference now. I heard all the story from Kayoung unnie. No need for your explanations." Exy said as she hopped into the car.

 

Dongmin smiled as he started the car, thinking of a long day ahead."