Chapter 21

Locket
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjoo POV

While everyone was patiently waiting for the food to arrive, all I could think of was the last sentence Juwon unnie said. What exactly did chaewon promised about?

'She never mentioned anything about it to me...' I thought.

*sigh*

"A penny for your thoughts?" Yujin said as she was grinning.

"I don't get it yujin-ah... what did Juwon unnie mean?"

I asked, knowing yujin wouldn't also know the meaning behind what juwon said. Technically I would be hoping for yujin to give me advice to somehow distract me from my thoughts, but she just shrugged, indicating she also has no clue about it.

"I don't know unnie..., you should ask chaewon unnie about it" The latter said.

'That could be an idea'

"Or you could wait for chaewon to say it to you, isn't that a better idea?" Yena said.

"Surprisingly, I would have to agree with Yena this time" Eunbi retorted.

'She does have a point to tho' 

"You do help sometimes now Yena unnie, guess that time spending with Yuri knocked some senses in you" Hiichan added.

As everyone laughed at Hitomi's statement, she's not entirely wrong tho, ever since yena and yuri became official yena would think rationally at times. But she's still the Yena who we always knew. And with Hiichan statement yena pouted and turned to look at Yuri who was blushing.

"Quit it lovebirds" Nako said suddenly, causing all of us to stop laughing.

"Aww, is someone a bit grumpy?" Yena teasingly asked nako, only to which nako just looked at her with a deadpan expression.

"No, the food just arrived minutes ago, you guys don't want to eat it warm, right?" The small girl said.

She was right, no one likes to eat a warm food. Everyone except chaewon was chit-chatting as they eat. All Chaewon was doing is checking her phone every now and then, of course everyone one noticed this. At first Eunbi unnie would ask her if there's something wrong, but the latter would just shake her head or would say that everything was fine. (Lies)-- but we continued eating our food anyways with much delight.

 

 

What could be bothering Chaewon?

 

We can't really force her to answer us. Or are we just not trying hard enough for her to spill.

 

Chaewon POV

My phone kept on buzzing for sometime now, bunch of it was text messages from Mr. Park, Mrs. Jang and Mom. It's strange since the three-- well no, only mom would text me this much, not Mr. Park and Mrs. Jang.

'That's odd' I thought to myself.

I let out a quiet sigh before checking my mom's message.

CEO KIM / MOM <3

Chaewon-ah? Where are you?

Are you at your apartment?

I've been calling you. We've been calling you

and you haven't even answered to our calls, not

even a single reply back.

Chaewon, this is about your grandma. Once you read this

please come at the 000 hospital.

'What's going on..'

"Unnie, I- uh need to go somewhere" 

"It's really urgent"

"Okay, let me drive you to where your going or Chaeyeon atleast. And no but's Kim Chaewon" Eunbi retorted, while she tells the other girls. I could only nod and we quickly went dashing out of the restaurant scanning the area to look for Eunbi unnie's car. After spotting it we ran towards it and got inside as eunbi started the engine.

"Look chaewon-ah, I won't ask you what's wrong but could you at least tell me where we're heading to?"

I didn't even realise that I haven't even told her where we should be going since I'm bothered with my thoughts.

"Oh-- to 000 hospital, and please hurry up unnie."

(Arriving at the hospital parking lot)

Chaewon quickly got off the car and went inside the hospital looking for the front desk.

"Which room is Mrs. Kim Soojung staying?"

"Now hold up, what's your relationship with the patient?" 

"I'm her granddaughter, now would you please tell me her room number. Right now!" Chaewon couldn't help but shout the last sentence and emphasizing the word 'please'. As the usual, grabbing the attention of some nurses, thankfully there's not alot of people wandering around at the moment.

"Room 415, I'm sorry miss. Please don't fire me" The nurse said with her head looking down as if she made a grief mistake, who would have thought that Chaewon was the granddaughter of the Chairman.

"Thank you... and I'm sorry for raising my voice" Chaewon said bowing her head down showing her sincerity. The person smiled at Chaewon's politeness, the nurse did tell the latter that it was fine since it happend on the spur of the moment.

Both girls gave a final bow before rushing towards an elevator. They got in, and the elavator music was just calmly playing inside not exactly helping the latter. After they got out of the elevator they went looking for the exact hospital room they we're looking for. And they did end up finding it. Both entered the room, Chaewon's mom could be seen sleeping. She tried wrapping her mom with a blanket since it's really cold, but unfortunately Mrs. Kim woke up from the movements chaewon was making.

"Chaewon?" Mrs Kim said, her eyes was still f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter