Chapter 29

Locket
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yah, don't you think its better to remove that ring? Or are you liking that ring now?" Hajoon said teasingly.

Chaewon scoff, "Do you want to die?"

Hajoon was left laughing nervously, Chaewon never miss a chance to joke around him. Well, scary jokes that you don't even know if she means it or not. "I'm just playing with you, lift up a bit, plus i'm marrying someone that i really love" 

"Geez.. when did you get so cheesy." Hajoon would've taken that as a compliment but when it comes to Chaewon it felt like she was trying to roast him rather than compliment him.

Hajoon was suppose to roast back when he was cut off by Chaewon who was asking if he saw minjoo.

Hajoon sighed, "I haven't seen her for awhile now, but I did when I was on a date with my fiancé." He pressed. "She was with someone too though, from what I remember it was a guy? Wasn't familiar with the face either."

Chaewon could only nod and proceed to look at her phone. Well-- mindlessly looking at her phone, atleast.

'Could she, possibly, still have that locket I gave her?'

'Or she probably threw that away by now...'

Chaewon let out a heavy sigh, 'I'm probably too late, argh why do I have to be so stupid'

 

//

 

Hajoon huffed, "We've arrived, young kim." he never stops teasing the lass.

"Thanks for driving me home." Chaewon drawls. "You can leave now, bye~"

The former only rolled his eyes at Chaewon and drove off . They most likely look like they were siblings from other people's perspective. Who would've known the two had same vibes, no doubt that they would end up looking like siblings rather than being seen as romantically.

"It's good to be back." She says.

After two years she's back at her old condo. The condo where her and minjoo used to live in one roof. When the lass was in the US she heard the news that minjoo left their condo, well her condo. 

Her place was still neat and clean. Even though minjoo left the place, her other friends especially Yena had actually been the one taking care of the place for her. Of course she's glad that someone is taking care of the place, but she still couldn't understand as to why Yena had to crash at her place most of the time. Although she got used to it somehow.

The place hasn't change alot. One item caught her attention and its a photo frame. It was her and minjoo.

She sighed, "oh she still left it here.." gazing at the photo, they looked so happy. She doesn't even remember when was the last time she got to smile this much. If life wasn't that cruel to them maybe they could've gotten a happy ending of their own. But her own father had to come on their way, manipulating everything. 

Caught up on her own thoughts, she was startled when her phone buzzed. She received a text from Yena.

 

 

We're at XXX come now hurry. Everyones here already, don't tell me your backing out!

 

 

"She really can't wait now, can't she." Chaewon snickered at the duck's message. 

 

//

 

She wondered what would her friends reaction be like once they saw her. Of course she would be glad if she could actually surprise everyone— though that's already a failed mission. Still, she can surprise a few of her friends, hopefully the girls who knew that she was back didn't spoil her surprise. 

The weather is lovely, she thought that why was the weather in US is not like this. She missed looking at the sunset colours'. The sunset in Korea is beautiful different from what she's been seeing for the past two years. It emits beautiful colours and nothing could probably change the lass mind. Albeit, as she's looking at the skies, she doesn't forget to look ahead of the road. 

Without even noticing she had already arrived at her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter