Chapter 30

Locket
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Chaewon?" 

The older Kim was snapped back to reality. She doesn't even notice how the time went by, she couldn't stop staring at Minjoo. It felt too real to have her on a date again. Well– not really the date that she expected. Since she wanted to give the lass a fancy one, but instead, Minjoo suggested that they would just stay at the park. The park where they discuss things back then.

Quite odd, though she couldn't say no to Minjoo.

It had been weeks that both of them are back together. Minjoo did explain that her situation back then was only force because of Chaewon's father threatens to destroy her family's small business just to get what he wanted. She admits that she was too coward to fight against him, but knowing the Chaewon's father had sorts of connections to simply wreck a family's life by just one call. Chaewon too admits that she was too stupid enough to fall into the traps of her own father. She should've known all this time her father was the reason that they were separated again. 

Although, they agree that all of it is in the past now. Even if they wanted to change what happened they can't, and they rather choose to move forward than stuck within their past.

 

 

The park was peaceful, the sunset was giving them warmth. The breeze passes them by. There were people, although not crowded it was a perfect place for them to start having a conversation.

"You've been staring at me for a while now... what's on your mind?" Minjoo asks. Taking a sip of her choco drink that they bought from the nearby store.

The lass couldn't exactly ask her if she is still waiting for her. If she still loves her, will she accept her back again?

Series of questions flew pass by Chaewon's mind. She couldn't help but feel bothersome at the thought of Minjoo not wanting her again so she kept silent.

Minjoo noticed this but rubs it off thinking that the older will tell her once she's ready. Minjoo averted her gaze on Chaewon to watching kids run off the fields, looking happy.

"Those kids remind me of us back then. We had fun, didn't we?"

Chaewon lightly giggles at minjoo. "Yeah, we did."

A short reply only came. Even though it was a simple reply, the younger wasn't bothered by it. Instead, she gave Chaewon a genuine smile.

The older Kim noticed the locket that Minjoo was wearing. Her eyes widened, mouth agape at seeing her locket wrap around the younger's neck. She thought that Minjoo already threw it out.

Minjoo observes Chaewon who was eyeing down her neck. She was flustered by this that she immediately covered to wherever Chaewon was looking at. 

Minjoo ended up coughing to get the other girl's attention. "W-what... are you even looking at...?" She mindlessly fans herself from the extreme heat that her cheeks were emitting.

The short-haired girl was surprised at how Minjoo was red at the moment. Although she was quick enough to notice what the lass meant and instead of clearing things up, she wanted to tease the young girl.

"Hm? I'm not looking at what your thinking, Minjoo-ssi. Aren't you thinking a bit much?" Chaewon said in a sneering tone.

Minjoo was yet again bright red from Chaewon's statement, it's not that she 'assumed' that Chaewon was looking at what she was thinking. Or maybe it is— she's just too embarrassed to acknowledge it.

Chaewon again scoffs at the girl, before drinking her matcha latte. 

The younger was amused at this. But knowing she couldn't say anything she just rolled her eyes towards the older.

Chaewon let's out a soft giggle. "I was looking at the locket, Minguri. I thought that you threw that away so it surprised me seeing that you're wearing it."

"I always had this on me... didn't you notice it when we had a gathering with the girls?" Minjoo furrowed her eyebrows, looking confused.

"No, I didn't notice it... so you were wearing it the whole time?"

"Yeah," Minjoo said.

For a moment Chaewon pauses and tries to make up a sentence. At first, she hesitated but nonetheless she mustered up her courage to ask. "Have you seen the inside of it?" She reluctantly said, scratching her neck.

"No..." Minjoo pressed her lips in a thin line. "I– never really had a thought that you didn't love me."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter