Chapter 31

Locket
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yuri-yah, has Yena unnie been keeping a secret from you these days?"

 

The former pondered. "No..?"

 

Minjoo pouts and nods her head.

 

"Why? Is Chaewon unnie keeping a secret from you?" Her friend asks.

 

The lass vigorously shook her head. "I don't think so... she's just being— skeptical."

 

"She probably has something on her mind. Like Yena unnie, she suddenly wanted to leave the house since Chaewon unnie wanted to meet up with her."

 

Minjoo thinks, she clicks her tongue in progress. "That's odd... that's not what Chaewon unnie told me." She said, although muttering a few of the sentences which Yuri didn't hear.

 

Her hamster of a friend just shrugged off the idea and continue eating their chicken that they order a minute ago.

 

 

Both girls arrived back at Chaewon's apartment. It was already dark outside, she thought that the older was home already.

 

Trains of thoughts went by to Minjoo.

 

She trusts Chaewon, but the former seems like she's keeping a secret and she can't help but think what it is. She doesn't want to doubt at the older but every time Minjoo asks what was wrong her girlfriend would only give out a short reply.

 

Her friend notice how bothered the lass is so she tried thinking of ways to distract Minjoo from thinking.

 

"I'm sure Yena unnie and Chaewon unnie are just having fun. It's been a while since those to hang out by themselves, right?"

 

Minjoo meekly nods. "Yeah, that's probably it."

 

"Unnie probably miss hanging out with her friends... I have been keeping her all to myself lately.." She wonders.

 

Indeed, she has been tagging along wherever the older is going. That's because Chaewon herself wanted to be accompanied by the lass.

 

 

 

 

"GIRLS WE'RE HOOOMEEEEE~" Yena shouted once she entered the apartment.

 

The hamster ran up to her girlfriend and gave her a tight hug. Meanwhile, Chaewon was greeted by a scary glare from the frog. Chaewon gulped down her own saliva, she knew that she had some explaining to do. And well, she has nothing to defend herself but be truthful.

 

Minjoo then mouthed 'explain later. '

 

She really didn't think this through did she. Although, she only beckoned an okay sign towards her girlfriend. 

 

Chaewon made a quick glance at Yena sending some small signals to help her. Though, Yena made telepathy with the radish girl saying she's on her own now.

 

The duck and hamster couple left the apartment after feeling a fight coming on its way. 

 

"So..?" Minjoo starts off, not sounding too mad.

 

The older coughs for a second before starting. "So.. um.." she copies Minjoo not really aware of what to say next.

 

Minjoo arched her brows. "Do you have anything to say?"

 

The latter frantically searched her place looking like she needs to make a perfect excuse.

 

"I'm sleepy?" comes out like a question, she doesn't even know why she said that instead. 

 

Again for the nth time today, Minjoo rolled her eyes towards the latter not failing to sigh afterward.

 

Of course, Chaewon knew the excuse she used was too absurd. She can't blame Minjoo if she's angry with her right now. 

 

"I– you didn't really forget about it, right?" She asks.

 

"About what?" Minjoo retorted, a hint of confusion with her voice.

 

Chaewon pouts. "Open the locket," she suggests. Although, sounding like a command.

 

The younger tilts her head, before complying to what her girlfriend just said.

 

While opening it, she could see a small paper folded. She also saw a picture of them when they were just kids. She took the folded paper and started unfolding it. The paper was wrinkly from all the folding that's been kept for years, but the wording was a little bit messy since they were still little to make a contract, the handwriting was a bit off and the paper looked a bit old now too. She thought that maybe it was little Chaewon's handwriting.

 

The paper had a small signature that happens to be hers and Chaewon. She reads the top part of the wrinkled paper, 'We will see each other again and be together! signed by KCW and KMJ' for a 12 years old kid making contracts and keeping up to it, it amazes Minjoo.

 

Chaewon never showed her emotions, she was just expressionless, but whenever it comes to Minjoo, the lass would try and do anything. It's just that she makes decisions hastily and doesn't think of what the outcome would be. She kept their promise/contract, although she was saddened that Minjoo couldn't remember that silly little contract they made.

 

"Y-you still have this?" Minjoo failed to stutter when she saw how precious that Chaewon kept the paper for years.

 

Chaewon beams a smile. "Yeah, it's important to me."

 

"I forgot we made a contract back then," The younger laughs. "I didn't really think that you'd keep the promise unnie"

 

She nod

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter