New Year

Secret Us (EXO Kai)

September 28, at Gyongju Civic Stadium. Idols are now starting to walk on red carpet. There are many fans. Many were shock by ONE's haircut. This concert will be their  comeback stage.

At the backstage, the idol groups are in stand by and was preparing for the performance. Kai visit Ae Rin on their room.

"Annyeong haseyo...", kai greet the girls.

"Annyeong haseyo... Kai, are you here for Ae Rin?"

"Ne"

"She is sleeping over there", Min Na pointed at the corner.

Kai goes and thinks of taking pictures of her while sleeping.

"Why do you always want to see or contact her?"

Kai face Min Na and the girls are waiting for the answer.

"Because I like her"

The girls stared at him seriously.

"You already knew that, right?"

"Are you really serious with her?"

"Ne, I always like her..", he glanced back to Ae Rin, ".. since the beginning. :)"

"You're accepted but please don't let Ae Rin hurt by your fans."

"I'll try. My fans are uncontrollable so I can't promise you that"

The girls sigh and came back to their business while Kai is taking pictures of Ae Rin but she soon wake up and notice Kai.

"Oppa, are you taking pictures of me?"

"Yup, let's take a picture together", he pulled Ae Rin closer and arm around her shoulders.

"Backstage moment with ONE", he decided to take a whole pic with the group instead of the two of them; Ae Rin and Kai. Because it will have a different view of the netizens.

Kai returns to his room to ready themselves. The concert begins and ONE is the opening group. They started singing their comeback song. Most of the fans who are shouting their fan chants are males. The fandom color is Isabelline, the lightsticks are twinkling like stars from a night sky. Kai was watching from backstage.

They exist after it. After several performances, the concert ended. They line up to thank the fans. As usual, Kai was beside Ae Rin and holds her hand. They both stared and smile at each other.

All rest. Kai was busy using his phone. It was his type of rest.

"Kai, you should take a nap and stop using your phone. We still have schedules for tomorrow"

"This is my rest, Spazzing about Ae Rin"

"You already see her earlier.."

"I'm looking for her HD pictures during concerts"

"Do that tomorrow for sure those photographers are tired too"

"Araseo", he put his phone on his pocket.

The next day, the first thing in the morning he checks is his phone and spazz on Twitter and Instagram. But then, someone tagged a picture of them, the time where they held each other's hand and stare at each other with feelings between. As thanks for the owner of the pic, he commented, "Thank you very much for this. I really like it. It seems like we really are a couple here. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ"

He saves the pic and set as wallpaper and to his footer of his Twitter. Ae Rin was notified on her Twitter. She opens it while taking breakfast with the idols.

"Ae Rin, did you already saw the news"

"What news?"

"Look at your phone"

Ae Rin follows and scrolls.

"@EXOKai.94 tagged a photo"

She checks out and saw their pictures last night.

"That was a good shot"

"You look like a couple"

"He already changed the background of his acc."

"Ah...", that's all Ae Rin could say.

"Date him,"

Ae Rin chokes hearing that words. The idols laugh at her.

"Can't do that. I'm too busy for now"

"But do you have plans?"

"Hmmm.. it depends upon him, or on my future activities. I really can't predict it"

"If you ever date, we'll support you"

All laugh. ONE's first concert will be at Korea, Japan, China, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Singapore, New York, Mexico, Argentina, France and more so their schedule is fully booked. One week in each country, rehearsals, tv guesting, concert, fansigning event and a rest.

Kai, Kyungsoo, Sehun, and Chanyeol go with the idols in Celebrity Diaries to watch the concert. They were given free lightstick.

The performance consists of some of the members own skills, they are inviting some of the fans on the stage, like gun shooting(toy guy), archery, and taekwondo. After three hours of performing, the Chapter ONE concert ended.

The celebrities go to backstage. They took pictures together.

"You were great out there"

"Thank you.", Ae Rin received a bouquet from Kai and they took pictures together. Jin surprises Ae Rin, he was holding a small cake with Strawberry syrup on top.

VIXX came along with ONE's junior group, Zodiac, to congratulate them for the concert, they were Seojae's fans.

"You're my fans!?", Seojae was shocked, she received long pillows each from the members, good thing that he was escorted by her Math Teacher, she always there to support her.

"You're boyfriend?", Ken asked.

"Anio, my best friend"

The boys sigh and breathe freely.

"Can we take a picture, individually?"

"Sure! Gladly to accept it!"

"Aish... Seojae is really a flirt. Aigoo... she'll never stop smiling", Min Na

"If I were her, I'll date her teacher..."

"LOL, she can't, she should stay single, her fans will increase soon.."

"How about Ae Rin?"

"Kai is the flirt one. But I still vote for Jin"

"Me too..."

"Hey, I thought you let him for Ae Rin"

"It's just a tryout. Min Na unnie, let's just rest"

Some of the girls' rest, some meet their family backstage. While on the van, going to their dorm.

"WAAH! VIXX are my fans! *^O^*"

"Aish...", all complained and turn their head or put headset.

"Don't worry, unnie. I'm here", Ae Rin

"Ya! Ae Rin, don't tolerate her childish side. Are you not tired?"

"Anio!", Seojae cheerfully replied back, "oppa, thank you for escorting me tonight"

"It's okay. I enjoyed the concert"

"When are you going home?"

"When you return to your dorm, I already called someone to use my car. He is right behind us"

"Ah..."

"Jin Hyuk, right?"

"Ne?"

"Do you like Seojae unnie?"

"Ne, but I'm not dating her, Ae Rin. Just making sure she is safe"

"Aww... how sweet."

"Ae Rin, I already know that Oppa likes me. How about you? You should make yourself open to anyone. You're really selfish to Kai"

"It's because I'm busy right now"

"LOL. He is calling and texting yet you don't reply back. Is he that annoying to you?"

"Nope, but I'm too lazy to reply back."

"Ae Rin, did you found the picture you were tagged in? The one where you were sleeping"

"Ne"

"I forgot to ask that, how did we have a picture?"

"He visited the room and found you sleeping. We let him in and entertain all by himself. And he said that he is serious to you"

"See? That' what I'm trying to tell you"

"I can't accept him right now"

"We know that but, at least reply him back"

"Text him now and thank him along with the others"

Ae Rin took her phone.

"Oppa, thank you for the flowers and say thanks to the other members for coming by. ♥"

Sent.

Meanwhile, at EXO's Dorm... KAi started rolling around the bed and laughing by himself. Members look weirdly on him.

"Omg, is Kai sleep deprived that he is acting that way?"

"He is so gay..."

"It's just Ae Rin's simple text,  maybe she thanked Kai for coming to the concert and some sweet words and emoticons. Aigoo, he'll never stop reading that", Sehun said and shut his eyes to sleep.

KAI'S POV

OMO! Once in a million! She texted me without asking her to reply back! Or maybe I'm overreacting, is it normal for a girl to thank a boy when he went to the girl's concert?

"Ya! Kai, if that is Ae Rin and she sent thanks to you, it's normal. Don't give any meaning to it."

Aish... Hyung kills me. Why are they always like this to me? They are not supporting or even cheering on me over Ae Rin. I just calm myself at the bed and repeatedly read her text to me. Then... another message came.

"OMO!"

Waaaah!!!! She sends her selca to me! Her bare face! Does she still like me?

"Hyung, shut up.."

"Ae rin sent her bare face selca to me and she is really pretty!"

"Aigoo,  he can't sleep like this.."

I save it on my phone and set it was my wallpaper. Is she giving me a chance? Is she open to me now?

AUTHOR'S POV

Ae Rin does what the members told her before going to sleep because tomorrow, they'll fly to Japan.

"I bet he is freaking out on his dorm"

They rest. The next day, they fly to Japan, they'll visit 4 cities for their second concert. The pattern of the concert is the same as what happened in Korea, for it to be fair to everybody. 2 cities in China~ one in Thailand & indonesia~ Singapore~ Hong Kong~ Shanghai~ Philippines~ Macao~ Kuala Lumpur~ New York~ LA~ Chicago~ Mexico~ Paris~ London~ madrid~ Chile~ Brazil~ Argentina~

They were given 2 weeks of vacation with their families to celebrate Christmas and New Year. But Ae Rin will celebrate it alone. Her fellow idols don't know about this, she will just go to her house and celebrate it with her pets.

"Merry Christmas everyone!!", she posted it with a picture of her with her dogs and cat.

New Year, she celebrates it alone too. Someone is calling, it was Kai.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Happy New Year, Ae Rin!"

"Same to you, oppa!"

"You're alone again, right?"

"Ne"

"I could come to entertain you"

"No thanks, it will just create an issue. I'm with my family"

"Your cat and  dogs?"

"Ne, my auntie  is  out of town"

"What are you doing right now?"

"Well, just playing around the house but later go out to the Bau Cafe for my dogs."

"Let me join you!"

"I'm pretty scared to your decision, oppa"

"Don't worry. I'll deal with it. I will ask my Manager and take my noona."

"Araseo.."

"Thank you for this Ae Rin"

"Sure, that's what friends are for"

Both turn off the call.

"Kids, behave because we are going out!"

The doorbell rings.

"Oppa!?  Thought you were out of town?"

"Well, yes but, my eomma told me to check you out. You didn't come to our house last Christmas"

"Well, because its your own family but don't worry, I have my dogs and cat too"

Older cousin comes in.

"What are you doing right now?"

"Well, I'm going out with Kai"

"Then, let's go. I'll help you with the dogs"

"Sure! I forgot to take my dog with me. Let's go back home, I have to take my tzu too"

Ae Rin and Her cousin go out and take the dogs. Kai, his Noona and his Manager were at the cafe and release the dogs.

"Where is your date?"

"She's not my date, it was just a friendly hang out. She is coming with her cousin"

"How many dogs did you say that she have?"

"Six and one cat"

"That's many"

"They're here"

"Annyeong haseyo, Kai sunbaenim"

She let go of the dogs. They order drinks.

"Thank you for coming"

"Well, this is my free time"

"Let's take a picture"

Kai's manager took Kai's phone and picture them.

"Group Hang out! To our fans, we're not dating, araseo? Please don't bash her"

They continue chatting. Husky was at Kai and Kai's dog was at Ae Rin's lap.

"They are really close to you", Ae Rin's cousin said, he is referring to Kai's dogs.

"When I'm with them, I always watch Ae Rin's videos and her posters were on my room and my dogs have familiarized them"

"How about Husky?"

"Well, if you're a stranger, feed him and he will start following you"

They ordered food at some random shop. They celebrate mini New Year there. After three hours of talking, the hang out ended.

"It was nice meeting you, Ae Rin and (cousin's name) I hope we could have another time like this"

"Same as well, eonni"

They call their dogs and bid farewell.

"Ae Rin, we should spend New Year tonught, only the two of us. Umma and Appa were not here, my dongsaeng was with them"

"Araseo"

"Let's buy something for tonight"

They head their way to the supermarket and buy raw. Meanwhile,

"So, that was your ex..", Kai's noona said.

"And?"

"Nothing, she's good. Why just now, Kai? You never told me about her before"

"Well, it is secret. We promise not to tell to anyone"

"Ah..."

Night, Ae Rin and her cousin were preparing dinner for New Year's eve.

"Ae Rin look at the news, you're trending!"

"Earlier this morning Kai posted a picture of him, his sister, Ae Rin and her cousin in Bau House Dog Cafe. Kai told that it was a friendly hang out but some fans can't take and the photo is full of bash. We shall call Sam Ae Rin and ask her about this"

Ae Rin's phone is ringing.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Annyeong haseyo"

"This is (News Name), and your picture is trending and the comments were bad"

"Ah.. ne, I'm aware of that now, I was watching news.. hahaha! About the picture, I haven't read it yet, Later I will"

"the comments are 'You don't look good to each other' 'You're such a flirt, Ae Rin!' 'You're such a ' what can you say to those bashers?"

"Well, I don't know... hahaha! I can't do anything about it, they are the ones who put meaning to us, not me or Kai. They are just stressig themselves on us. I already told Kai that we're just friends but fans can't understand what FRIENDS are.. hahaha! I think they need some counseling. I think they just bash without clearing things first so it is really a big problem for the whole fandom"

"You're fans were protecting you from EXO L"

"I'm not sure about it but if they do. I'm really thankful to their efforts. If you're really a fan of an idol, you'll do what your idol's happiness, respect his/her life like them and accept for what he/she was."

"Thank you for the answer, Ms. Sam Ae Rin. Good night and happy new year"

"Same to you, thank you"

"Now, Sam Ae Rin just cleared the issue and those exaggerated fans should stop this, like what she said, you're making yourself stress to it"

Ae Rin and her cousin celebrate together.

"Happy New Year everyone. I hope that you all were in your family and start the year right!"