Running Man 211 & 212

Secret Us (EXO Kai)

AE RIN'S POV

"Pick a number between 0-10", the producer asked.

"One"

"You have a minute to find your partner and the 'R' flag"

"Mwo!?"

I was surprised having a minute to find my partner!? I don't know who the hell is my partner. I hope Kwang Soo or Kim Jong Kook oppa. I started running. Then, finally found him, I don't know how much time did it take me to find him. A small guy, not literally small, just like my height, wearing stripes. He was shouting then I called him.

"OPPA!!!"

AUTHOR'S POV

Gary hard a reply so he continues on shouting.

"OVER HERE!!"

"She must be having good eyesight. He saw me?", he continues to talk while running.

"OMO! Ae Rin!!"

They finally meet. The "ert sleeper maknae" as what the staff named her. Sorry if I changed Ailee to Ae Rin. I'm sorry especially to Ailee's fans, I hope you'll understand me. And now, going back to the story. As soon as they found each other, Ae Rin drags Gary and telling him that they should find the flag. On the search for the flag without hesitation. Then they found Haha and Skull on their way

"Are you a team?"

"Yes, we're a team"

Then, they continue running again.

"We haven't even greeted each other yet. All we're doing is running right now"

"It's been a while"

They search for the flag. Gary needs to breathe, having a hard time to take the steps but then he discovers the R flag.

"Here it is, Ae Rin"

"Seriously!?"

All in all, they took eight minutes and of course, they failed. One by one, all the pairs were given a card and "1470" on it. They got plus sign. They don't know the mission yet. They were now in a roller coaster type ride. Ae Rin asked for a bottle of water. The producer told them to score at least 90 at the karaoke. They mount the ride and have their own mic tightly taped on their hands. The song started, it was Jin and Ae Rin's OST. As soon as the music starts, the ride starts too. Ae Rin was in calm singing but later scream when they drop. The two can't sing so they ended up on a low score. ANd now for the second attempt, they cry like a puppy

"You can't go already when the song hasn't even started yet", Gary said nervously, "No, I'm not ready yet", he added.

The ride takes off on a melodic tune.

"Okay, Start singing"

They sing together. Their two voices seemingly meld very well together. It echoes on the cave. They are getting closer again to that point. It's time for the drop. Ae Rin was about to sing but it drops so she only shout unnie. On the terrorizing twist, ae Rin's small voice can be heard from her. The melodic screams that echo throughout the pond. Another ride again they failed now for the fourth time, Skull and HaHa came to check what's going on with these two

"Annyeong haseyo"

"What are you doing here?"

"What's taking you guys so long. When Ae Rin is a singer?"

"I'm scared of these rides", Ae Rin replied

"You're scared of them?"

"Want to come along for a ride?", Gary asked the two newcomers.

"No, no way"

"We've already completed our mission"

"How many attempts have you made already?"

"Four times"

"This is our fourth attempt"

"That  many times already?"

"Come on, come with us."

"Okay, Let's go!!", HaHA excitedly claps his hand.

"No, Dong Hoon. Wait. I'm not ready yet"

"I'm really scared", Ae Rin commented and feeling nervous.

"Sorry, you poor thing"

"FIghting, Gary and Ae Rin"

Time for another rollercoaster adventure for the two while the new comers cheered for them. Ae Rin has transformed herself like an anime ost singer with her little voice. They closes their eyes in awe of their own singing. Stereo sonic boom sounds. They still continue singing in an understanding way as they pick more speed. The voice of a kid on the rollercoaster. They are near to its end and the harmony of the two can be heard even at the stopping point. Screaming at the top of their lungs, even add libbing.

"SHe really had a small voice like a kid. Nobody would ever consider her the singer to this. It's really far from her appearance.", Haha commented

The two are tired and gaining for total consciousness.

"We've got your score", the PD announced.

"Did we get a hundred points?"

Time to reveal their score. Feeling nervous because they don't want to have another round of ride. Ninety points! Ary and Ae Rin succeed their mission and screamed for success.

"You guys sang really great"

"Can you please let us out of here?", gary asked, looking exhausted.

"Do we have to go on the ride again? We scored 90 points.", ae Rin added.

"Open this"

They can pick three of the cards placed on the table.

"Keep it hidden"

"SHould I show it to Haha oppa?"

"No, don't show it to him!"

Gary covers the card Ae Rin holds.

"He's not the MC right now! He's our competitor"

Ae Rin made her decision and sits to peek at the card she obtained.

"Is that not a good one?"

"I didn't really see."

"Okay, you've now made your selection", haha as he collects the card left, Gary protested," No, you're finished making your selection.... eight, three...", Haha reviews the cards..

"He's looking at the cards!", as Ae Rin snatch the cards from the two.

They'll know what the pair picked if they looked at the remaining cards. All in all, Gary and Ae Rin obtained three numbers; 1, 2, 5 and plus sign. They head now to the final location.

"I think that we're going to steal some number and signs from other teams", Gary said. Well, this is an unavoidable truth of having to compete against one another.

They all arrive at their final location in Incheon. Everyone's gathering together to solve the mystery of 1470. Pair by pair they come and exchange greetings. Now, the cute like duet couple arrives.

"How come Gary always gets the pretty girls?"

"Ae Rin is really pretty that's why Kai had fallen in love. Did you watched the episode?"

"Anio, but Seojae unnie did, she told me what happened"

"Do you like him too?"

"I can't answer that directly but I can term us having a mutual understanding"

"Ah... you're still a college student of what course?"

"Psychology"

Skull and HaHa arrive lastly. The producer explains the whole plot of the game.

"The secret to that number is, 1470km."

All were puzzled.

"The distance from Incheon to the airport in Taiwan...", as it continue, making the artists in an understanding reply, A punishment of unbelievable portions awaits those who fail the mission, "...If you succeed in turning that number to zero, then you don't have to go any further so that's why you've been asked to make the number into a zero."

"I heard that we have to ride something that has no foothold in Taiwan."

"This is the worst I've seen in the history of this show"

"So, we have to take this punishment?"

"The members are on their toes"

"We have to avoid going to Taiwan"

"I don't know what's going to happen"

A bloody battle to fight for their survival. The moment you're left with any numbers, it's game over for that team. Asia's biggest thrill. Who will be the one to get on the ride?

The next mission is the Piggyback run. One member from each couple will go stand behind the numbered curtain. Then the other person standing in front of the curtain will stand facing forward and assume a piggybank stance. People behind the curtain will dance along to the music and swap their positions around. Once it's time, the curtain will drop to the ground and the person in the back will go on the back of the person in front of them. If they are lucky enough to have their own partner then they have to run over to the finish line. Even if they ended up with someone else, they still have to run over to the finish line. The team that wins the mission will be given any number of their choosing.

"Any number we want?!", Ae Rin asked excitedly.

"Ne, that's correct"

The runners assume their position in front of the curtain. They'll never know who they'll end up with on their backs. Ae Rin continues to call for Gary.

"Waah.. I don't know where to stand"

Everyone is now in position. Must run as soon the curtain comes down. Ae Rin chooses the right number, it's Gary!

"Hurry, Gary oppa!!!", she squeals like a kid.

Gary and Ae Rin break ahead of the pack, they are leading. What luck! They win!

"OH MY GOD! AE RIN!", Gary celebrated. They hug each other, "I switched at the very last minute", he added. They are the only couple who actually found each other.

"Would you like to play another round if you want to earn some more numbers?"

All agreed and protested. If the couple wins again, then they'll end up earning two numbers. EVeryone agrees to that.

All were in total chaos. Gary unluckily had Tae Woo. Seulong had Ae Rin. Now the winners will have to choose numbers. Gary whispers the number. They are very cautious about their number selection. Time for the last mission.

"The building we will be going into is Incheon's Children Museum. Within the building, you will find a variety of numerical symbols and numbers. You will either have to find or steal them from other teams to form a zero out of the numbers that your team has in possession. Once the time limit is up, the door leading to the outside will open. WHich means that even though you're able to transform your number into a zero within the time limit of five minutes it has no meaning until those doors leading to the outside are opened. You will have to either protect your numbers or stay hidden until the doors are opened.", the PD explained.

A final battle of wits, brains and physical strength. WHich couples will get lucky and escape the punishment? Gary and Ae Rin have chosen the number, one from having won the previous mission. They have 1, 1, 2, 5 and plus sign. All the couples enter the building. The doors will be now padlocked. Only those who successfully transform their number into a zero will be able to escape this terrifying punishment. The countdown has begun.

"Do I need to search in the trash cans?", ae Rin asked

"No"

 

       They decided to hide their numbers on the trash. They have no choice.

"That stinks, oppa"

"No one saw that, right?"

"Let's keep quiet"

They have to find multiplication and minus sign. Gary asks for number from the other couples. He lied that Kwang Soo steals them. Their plan is to beg and luckily , he goy the parenthesis sign from HaHa.

"People don't search through filthy trash cans.", he commented. He tell Ae Rin about it.

Then they saw Kwang Soo and tried to snatch it. Many tried but Kwang Soo is too tall but Ae Rin eyes her chance and steals something from Suk Jin. She screamed for help. But, Suk Jin got his eyes on Chang Wook. The couple goes to Jae Suk's. They found the three arguing. Now many had arrived, another start of stealing. Skull and the Green Couple are attacking Jae Suk. Ae Rin succeeds in stealing something. She runs and runs but she was cornered by Jae Suk team again later on, Gary rescues. She used her skills to escape, pushing them and dodging over their arms.

"Gary Oppa!"

"How many ones do we have?"

"Here's the parenthesis"

"We have two right now. We need that one"

Once they got out safely, they are safe from the punishment. Jae Suk comes on their place and Ae Rin hides. Now the times end, the door is now open and the green couple successfully escape.

"Open the bag and get them all there", Ae Rin asked as she places some numbers on the table to finalize and show their computation. They are the first one to win the game!

"Those of you standing on stage are free to go home right now"

They vans are ready. They have to leave. Ae Rin rides on her van, feeling exhausted.

"What a day. I'm really hungry. Do you have anything to eat?", she asked her Manager and scans the back. The manager hand over juice and pizza.

"How's the show?"

"Really tiring but enjoying. Kwang Soo oppa is really tall! And Chang Wook is handsome, Seojae might like him if she watches this episode"