Puppy Love

Neon

 

Chaeyoung didn’t even have the strength to stand up from what happened tonight. The girl she have been dreaming of didn't show up and what’s worse, of all the people that could be there, it had to be that idiot. She curse herself for being so stupid. She was nickname the Goddess in high school, and could sweep any boy or girl off their feet, but here she was falling madly and deeply with someone who she has no idea who… Her mind broke off its thoughts when her phone vibrates…

Wifey
“Yeah… you’re right.”

Chaeyoung swore she won’t reply but after a minute, she got to let it all out.

Hubby
“Oh now you show yourself?”

Wifey
“You’re not what I expected.”

Hubby
“What are you talking about?! You weren’t even there!”

Wifey
“I was… I saw you… and you’re not what I expected, you’re something more… so much more.”

Hubby
“Then… Why didn’t you come?”

Wifeu
“I wanted to but then I saw you with her…”

Hubby
“With who?”

Wifey
“I don’t know who she is… this girl with that hot jacket on, she was so hot and beautiful… that I thought to myself, how could I ever compete against her?”

*
In the same dorm, inside a room, two floors below Chaeyoung’s, Jennie chuckles happily at her overwhelming self love… but her smile turn into a deep frown from Chaeyoung’s reply.

Hubby
“Who? Jennie? God… honey… no… she’s nobody… just this idiot from my high school… don’t ever compare yourself to someone as hot headed and dumb as her.”

Jennie growls and was ready to retaliate with something more “eviler”, but she stop when she realize if she wants her plan to work, she just got to go along with it…

Wifey
“How could you not want someone like her?”
It took her a few minutes to reply but it was enough to make Jennie's heart stop beating for a second.

Hubby
“Because I only want you.”
*

Inside Seulgi’s head only this thought happens.

Heart. Breaking. Into. Million. Pieces.

My friends think that I have no idea. Truth is, I just don’t want to say it out loud, cause I feel like if I say it, I’m making it true, but I know, I’m not stupid… the cute flirty giggles, the constant glances, it was too sweet I could throw up in the cappuccino I was drinking…

“Phew.phew.phew”

The sound of someone blowing could only mean one thing… my bestfriend Yeri…

“What does he have that I don’t?” I asked her hoping to have some sympathy in my dark days…

“Do I need to spell it out for you?”

I should have known she was the wrong person to ask… blowing, more blowing the sound almost identical to what Wendy does to me…. she blows me away… oh God… if there was an award for corniest line, I think that could have work.

“Well… he’s a 6 feet tall guy with oozing good looks, a chocolate abs and amazing eyebrows.”

Ok… the 6 feet tall, I need like a foot of insoles to compete with that, oozing good looks? I’m pretty cute, right? Chocolate abs… hmmm… I need to ask player Jennie for advice and amazing eyebrows?

“Amazing eyebrows?”

“You saw his brows? It’s like it has a life of its own.”

“What’s wrong with my brows?”

“You don’t have one.”

I slam that DS shut.

“HEY!!! I was playing that!” Yeri growls and as tough as she tries to act, nobody takes someone who growls like a puppy seriously.

I was a girl in love with a girl and if that’s not complicated enough, add to the equation the guy I’m competing with is some sort of commercial model. But no one could be blame for all this heartache but me, it was during freshmen year and Jennie has a meeting for a group project so she asked me go with Wendy to grab dinner. So, I took Wendy to Blackvelvet café. It sounds cliché but the moment they saw each other was just like a romantic movie. The moment that Chanyeol went to take her order, they fell in love at first sight. All it needs was some background music, oh wait, there was background music, I think the song “marry u” by suju was playing while they gaze in each other’s eyes. Wait… let me cover my mouth, I felt my puke about to come out.

“So, Wendy I was thinking,” Chanyeol asks.
Oh, so he’s not only good looking, he could think too? Why do I have to compete with someone so damn perfect?

“Remember, the thing that we kept on talking about doing? I was thinking maybe we could finally do it like next Friday?”

Me and Yeri shared a knowing look, we two might look like elementary school kids but we know what “DO IT” means… and there is no way I’m going to let Wendy lose her V card without a fight.

“WENDY!!!”, I step in, I was not going to lose to this giant man…

“Remember you promise to go watch that movie with me?”

“I did?” she look at me incredulously.

“Yeah… Harry Potter marathon with popcorn… kettlecorn…”

“Harry Potter? I like Harry Potter.”

Wendy hardly looks up from her DS and this is the time she chooses to? I’m going to get her! I’m going to seriously get her!

“Well… that’s good… maybe Yeri can go with you, Seul?”

Wendy tells me then she steals a glance at the studmuffin who’s eyeing her .

“But… you promise.”

“Yah Seulgi! There would be other movies, let Wendy and Chanyeol go on their date. I’m fun to be with!”, Yeri giggles, can’t stand her overflowing cuteness.

“Well… Seulgi, you could come to if you want.”

“Wait.. what?”

Even Yeri looks confuse, did he just invited her to tag on their “date”?

“Wouldn’t that be awkward?” Yeri piped in.

“What? no… We would love to have you there. You too Yeri, we wouldn’t want Seulgi to be lonely in there.”

“We’ll do it!!!”

“I didn’t say,” Seulgi cover Yeri's mouth before she could add anything.

“Shush. So, what time?”

She smiled this was it, let the competition for Wendy’s heart begin.

*
“Song Mino. Song Mino. Song Mino.”Joy chants as she jogs around the school campus.

“OW!!!”
Park Sooyoung, someone who can’t see a tree in plain sight…

“STUPID TREE OWWW!”

She clutches her foot as the tree seems harder than her foot.

“I hope someone cut you up and turn you to toilet paper!”

Park Sooyoung, only person in the world who picks a fight with a tree.

“Hold on a sec- wait… this tree is right in front of Mino's dorm room. If I climb on it maybe I could stalk- I mean - see him…”

Joy unleashes her inner childhood and climbs up the tree.

“Get your own damn tree!”

“EEHHHH” Joy almost fell to the ground as she sees Jisoo already perch in the branch with her camouflage helmet and binoculars.

“What are you doing here?” Joy asks.

“Shouldn’t I ask you the same question?” Jisoo says so casually, her eyes locked on the open bedroom window.

“I like to climb trees.”

“I like to climb trees too.”

HMMMP… the roommies/tree climbing buddies just stares in the bedroom window.

“I’ll give up if I were you.”

“What?”

“Do you know how bad it looks for a giant and a prince together?”

Joy scoffs confidently,“I doubt he wants to end up with a girl who balance water bottle on he-” but before she could finish her sentence, Jisoo starts shoving her with those short arms of hers.

“What the?” Joy grabs on to the trunk as the midget seems pretty determined of what she’s planning to happen.

“what the hell, Jisoo? You want me to fall?”

“That’s the point!” Jisoo growls.

“Wait… a sec it’s Minobaby.”

“Is that… wait… Dara?”

“Why that Dara,” Joy growls before she starts singing

“I hate you eheheheh… I’m fine living without you.”

“Are you seriously singing a 2ne1 song?”

“Yeah… why… whoah!!!”

Meanwhile inside the room, Dara slowly crawls towards Mino, but the boy was too focus on his notes to realize the girl was about to him.

“JOY!!!”

Mino stood up at the sound outside his window.

“AAACCCKKKK MY BEAUTIFUL FACE!!!”

“What the?”

Mino couldn’t even make out what happen as he sees a tall girl face flat on the grass.

*

“Aircon...”
The lethargic girl whines at the raven haired girl happily jogging.

“Aircon.aircon.aircon.”

Jennie groans as she went back. Where is everybody today that she had to be stuck with the lazy bunny as a jogging partner?

Phew.phew,phew…

“Hey!” Irene pushes Jennie away,

“What the heck?! Stop blowing at my face!”

“Well, I can’t get you to an aircon right now, so I just have to improvise for a moment. Wait… let’s turn it to the maximum.”

Jennie takes a long, deep breath ready to exhale all her air at Irene’s face, but Irene pushes her away before she could even try.

“You should have just asks your girlfriend to go with you.”

“I don’t have a girlfriend.”

“Really? Wendy told me you’re like in love with your text-” Jennie stops her before she could say anything.

“Don’t even mention that.”

“You know who she is?”

“Kinda…”

“It’s either you know the person or you don’t know them. What’s it going to be?”

“Well… I know who she is but I don’t want it to be her, but then I want it to be her cause that means I could get my revenge, but then I sort of feel guilty and I don’t want to hurt her cause she really like the other girl who is me in the text so yeah…” Jennie said it all in one breath.

“I.have.no.idea.what.you.just.said”

“Actually me either.”

“Do you like her?”

“Who?”

“The girl you’re texting?”

“I really like her but I don’t like the real her.”

Irene’s lip curve in a smile.

“Who? Chaeyoung?”

“What?”

“Because I know you Jen, you’re usually cool about things. But when the topic of Chaeyoung comes in, you just go ape. ”

“She annoys me that much.” Irene scoffs

“I think the only reason why you’re so bothered with her is because…”

“Because what?”

Irene motions Jennie to come closer so she could whisper, “Because you’re falling for her and you don’t want to accept it… but the more you try to deny it, the harder you’re falling… OOOHHHH… a park bench.”

Irene pushes the couple off the park bench and claimed it as her own.

“Just go on your way and think about what I said.” Irene shooed off the girl before she drifts into dreamland…

*
“Me? like Chaeyoung? Hell no! no… no… I don’t…no… I could get other girls… yup… that’s right… other girls…” Jennie continues to
debate with herself out loud as she jogs her thoughts of Chaeyoung away. Jennie’s eyes then sparkle at the sight of the pretty girl jogging with her dog.

“Cute dog.” Jennie jogs by the gir

The girl pouts cutely.

“Just the dog?”

“Yup…”

“Oh.”

“I’ll be lying if I say you’re cute… when in fact, you’re gorgeous.”

Only an idiot would believe whatever this raven haired beauty is saying, yet there is something about her that could make anyone fall for her.

“You’re just a flirt are you?”
“I am… but I think you’re the one who could make me faithful.”

The girl chuckles flirtatiously then looks mischievously at Jennie.

“Do that line really work?”

“I don’t know, you tell me.”

The two stops and shares a glance that Jennie is all too familiar with. Now, the only thing Jennie needs is to introduce herself and the two could have adult fun together.

“Jennie” Jennie extends her arm out.

“Jeong-yeon.”

They shake hands, Jennie then bends down to pat the dog.

“And you are… AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH”

GASPS

“DOGGY DON’T BITE JENNIE!!!!” Jeong-yeon shrieks at her pet.

“HE’S ALREADY BITING ME!!!” Jennie falls to the ground trying to shake off the dog of her hand…

“TELL HIM TO STOP!!!!”

“DOGGY STOP!”

Yet the dog seems determine to use Jennie’s hand as his new chew toy as the owner looks at them in panic

“JENNIE!!!”

“CHAEYOUNG!!!”

ONE SLAP and the dog finally let go of the poor, sobbing idiot’s hand and sulk away behind Jeong-yeon.

“Hey… you hurt my dog.” Jeong-yeon says angrily at Chaeyoung.

“You hurt my dog too.” Chaeyoung answers back Jennie narrows her eyes at Chaeyoung, not liking what it implies. Chaeyoung bends down and wrap her arms around Jennie to quiet the distressed girl. Jennie starts sobbing then looks at the face of the psychopathic bug eyed Chihuahua.

“I’m gonna sue you,” She growls at the dog but shrinks in fear when the dog growls back.

“Chaeyoung, he’s threatening me.” Jennie whimpers, clutching closer to Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung roll her eyes, wondering if she should just let the dog ate off Jennie’s hand.

“He’s a Chihuahua, Jen.”

“Jennie, are you ok?” Jeong-yeon is about to reach out for Jennie when Chaeyoung pulls the crying idiot closer to her.

“Don’t touch her.”

“Can I get your number just in case I need to sue you?” Jennie still has the decency to flirt even when her hand is about to fall off.

“Well it’s 091…” But before the girl could finish, Chaeyoung cuts her off.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah… go buy your pup food, before he bites off someone’s hand again.”

Chaeyoung practically shoo the girl away while keeping her hold on Jennie tighter. Anyone could see the electric crackle when Jeong-yeon and Chaeyoung look at each other. The two just don’t like each other and Jeong-yeon could guess it’s because of the  raven haired hottie. But Jeong-yeon knows when to back off when she’s at the losing end, because even if Jennie might be a shameless flirt, it’s obvious with the way she looks at the girl, Jeong-yeon doesn’t have to guess who could make Jennie faithful.

*

“Joy?”
“Jennie?”

The two bestfriends come face to face in the university clinic.

“What happened to you?” Jennie asks at the sight of the Joy’s bandaged nose.

“Ummm… I… ahhh… fell off… the… ummm… stairs… and you? what happened to your hand?”

“A dog bit me.”

“Oh ! Really?”

“Yup… it’s a big dog too.”

“As big as her hand.” Chaeyoung mutters under her breath…

Jennie shot her a warning glance before continuing

“It’s like a freaking horse.”

“Jennie?”
Chaeyoung glares at the boy with a mohawk, she didn’t like the way his smooth voice says Jennie.

“Mino… hey.”

Chaeyoung hated how Jennie's voice changed into a cutesy tone when she talked to him.

“Are you ok? What happen to your hand?”

Chaeyoung almost let out a growl as Mino checks Jennie's hand, what? he’s Dr. Mcsteamy now?

“Ummm… a dog bit me.”
Mino bites his lower lip so he wouldn’t laugh.

“Don’t laugh… it’s a big dog, it’s like a freaking cow.”

Anyone could see that the two make a cute couple, except for the three girls who is about to combust at the sight.

“Oh great… do I have to be bit by a dog to get his attention?” Jisoo sighs.

Three girls stared jealously at the two. Jisoo and Joy perfectly knew what’s bothering them, while Chaeyoung doesn’t want to admit to herself why.