A Study Date

Neon

This chapter is all about ChaeNnie...
_____________________________________________________________

Chaeyoung's POV

 

Exams week is here again so I spend almost every night in the study center in the dorm (since Lisa sleeps at exactly 10 and I don’t want to disturb her sleep with the lights on).

Study week also mean I wasn’t spending as much time with Jennie as I did the past weeks. She was considerate enough to give me some time, but I’m starting to miss her terribly… Her lame jokes, her goofy antics and Oh God… I don’t want to admit it but I miss her rapping too.

It was almost 1 am and there were around 4 people including me scattered around in the study center. I had to constantly remind myself to bear it as I was so close to passing out. I pulled out my phone and ready to text Jennie, but I realize that girl takes her bedtime very seriously and at this hour, Jennie is
probably snoring. I huffs frustratingly and turn back to my notes, when there on the table this pretty girl just laid a box of donuts and a cup of hot choco.

I greeted my girl with a long kiss on the lips.
“I didn’t know you were still awake.”

“Well I wasn't, but then I dreamed of you so I woke up and realize I miss you too much.”

“You’re so cheesy… You bought me a dozen donuts?”

“Well, I really don’t know your favorite flavor since you eat everything. So I bought everything… Well, not everything but you know what I mean…”

“Come here…” I softly plant a kiss on those lips again before she wraps her arms around me. “What are you doing here?” I ask her as she snuggles her chair closer to me.

“Isn’t it obvious? I’m here to study.”

“Oh really? I never thought you knew the meaning of that word.”

“Even if I’m a genius, I got to update my knowledge bank too.”

“You are such a dork.” I joked as she pouted and gave me a little shove. I couldn’t help but laugh as she has the OMO look on her face when she opens her notes. It’s like she had no idea what on Earth they were teaching in her class until now. And even with all the stress and pressure of school, she always has a way of lighting things up.

I try to go back to my notes and she tries to read her lesson for the first time. Underneath the  blanket, I felt her fingers intertwining with mine. She plants a soft kiss on my hair before turning back to her notes. Then, it suddenly got quiet… too quiet and as I turn to the girl beside me. Jennie is already off to dreamland.

“Good night.” I whispered softly as I continue to study with her hand still lock on mine.

 

Jennie’s POV

“Jen?”

Who dare disturb my beauty sleep?!

“Jennie?”

My God… this girl is persistent…

“Jennie?!”

“What?!” I bounce up and give her my Tiger look.

Chaeyoung looks so surprise as she saw me… wait… Chaeyoung? Oh s***, did I fell asleep?! I was
suppose to keep her company, entertained, not sleep…

“Wake up, sleeping beauty.”

Her knees were pulled up to her chest as she lays her chin on her hand and smile teasingly at me. She looks tired, her face without any hint of makeup yet she manage to still takes my breath away.

“Let’s take a break.”

“Wait Jennie… Where are you taking me?”

*
Chaeyoung looks amusingly at Jennie looking like a little kid running around the basketball court, trying to shoot some hoops.

“Oh, so you just don’t play soccer, you play basketball too?”

Jennie stops halfway through her shot and looks at the girl. “Yup… I’m like The Korean Kobe Bryant.”

Chaeyoung couldn’t help but scoff at Jennie’s overflowing self confidence.

“OMO!” Chaeyoung looks surprisingly at Jennie who covers

“I just revealed to you my secret identity, you’re not going to use that to blackmail me to be your slave, right?”

Chaeyoung raised her brow “Awww… man, now you know my plan. Enough talk Jennie Bryant and show me what you got.”

Jennie chuckles confidently “I don’t know if I should do this, you know I look so hot playing basketball. You might me right here, right now.”

“It’s not if you like it.”

“ahaha… Park Chaeyoung, you got plans and I like it. Prepare to be amaze, my love.” Jennie bends down her knees, align her elbows and makes a shot, only to have the ball bounce of the ring.

“Korean Kobe Bryant, huh?”
Jennie blushes embarrassingly… “No… I’m ahhh… showing you how to not shoot a ball. That was totally on purpose.”

“Ok.”

“C’mon baby… I’ll teach you how...”

Chaeyoung really has no plans but Jennie’s eagerness was starting to rub on her. Jennie was taking her coaching role to heart as she made sure Chaeyoung has the right stance and her arms are in the right position but Chaeyoung’s shots won’t even reach halfway.

“Awww… I miss again.” Chaeyoung pouts cutely…

“Don’t worry baby, I still love you.” Then, Jennie’s lips
curve in a maniacal grin when her byun mind thought of something again.

“Let’s have a bet, Chaeng.”

Chaeyoung shrugs. “Ok what?”

“Ummm… If I make 10 shots I get to kiss you 10 times in any body part I want.”

Chaeyoung should have known that her girlfriend was planning something. “And if I make more shots than you?”

Jennie bites her lip to keep her smile “You get to kiss me in any body part you want.”

“Get over yourself, Kim!”

“Fine!” Jennie pouts those puppy eyes “What do you want other than me?”

“You buy me dinner for a week.”

As much as Jennie loves spending time with Chaeyoung, she knew she was going to end up broke if she takes the girl out to dinner for one whole week.

“I knew it… I lose to food when it comes to you.”

“Of course.”

“Ok deal.”

*
Shot after shot after shot. Jennie cackled smugly but Chaeyoung didn’t seem bothered, maybe the girl just wants Jennie to kiss her too… Keke… Jennie’s mind was filled with what she and Chaeyoung were about to do that the ball didn’t even hit the rim as
she threw it.

“DAMN!”

“9 out of ten… amazing.”

“Ok, make 10 and I’ll take you out to dinner.” Jennie was just saying it, with how badly Chaeyoung shoots, there was no way the girl could even make-

“What the?!” Nothing but net…

“1 down, 9 to go.”

“It’s was a luck-“ SWOOOSHHH “oh shoot.”

And Chaeyoung was able to fool Jennie again. The girl’s shot won’t even touch the rim, all of her shots swoosh inside the ring, as if an NBA player just possessed her all of a sudden.

SLAAAAPPP!!!!

“What the hell?!”
Jennie smacks the ball from behind before the girl could make a perfect 10 out of 10 shot.

“JENNIE!”

Jennie now has her arms wrap around the ball with a determined frown on her face.

“GIVE ME THE BALL!”

“NOOOO!!!”

“ARGH! You are being a baby again!”

“I JUST WANT TO KISS YOU!”

Chaeyoung chuckles and walks closer to the girl, Chaeyoung takes the ball away and lets it bounce in the ground. And for God knows how long the two just stared at each other, until their silence was broken when Chaeyoung wraps her arms around Jennie.

Jennie’s friends would tease Chaeyoung as the man in the relationship, the one who protects and takes care of the damsel in distress that is Jennie Kim. But no matter how strong and independent people assume her to be, the truth is, she never felt more secured than when she’s wrapped around Jennie’s arms.

Jennie just let her fingers run through Chaeyoung’s hair before playfully rubbing her nose against Chaeyoung. For once, Jennie doesn’t see the point to rush even if any second now, Joy or the girls could ruin this moment. Jennie wants Chaeyoung to know she was worth the wait.

She kisses Chaeyoung softly on the nose
before lingering over Chaeyoung’s parted lips. Chaeyoung closes her eyes in anticipation as she could feel Jennie’s breath on hers.Until finally Jennie lays her lips on Chaeyoung’s…

Chaeyoung wonders if Jennie felt it too. The feeling of her heart just about to explode out of her chest, at every breath they exchange and every inch that Jennie drew closer to her. Chaeyoung hold on tighter to Jennie, her knees weaken at the feel of Jennie’s tongue playfully teasing hers. She let out a soft moan in Jennie’s mouth as they breathlessly linger in each other.

“I think I just fell in love with you all over again.”
And with Jennie’s admission, Chaeyoung could only smile because she perfectly knew what Jennie was trying to say because here she was falling head over heels again.

Chaeyoung starts planting soft kisses in the corners of Jennie’s mouth before smiling. “I love you too, my dork.”

Jennie bites her nose before hovering in Chaeyoung’s lips again, ready to devour the lips that belong to her. But before Jennie could take the plunge, the sound of howling disrupt the beautiful
silence.

“WOOOOT!!!!! JENNIE KIM FOR THE WIN!!!!!!”

“WHAT THE-?”

It’s almost 2 am, those idiots should be snoring in bed rather than hiding behind the bush. That’s right Jisoo and Joy are hiding behind the bushes.

“YOH DUDE!!! You should be a lifeguard, with the way you give CPR, imagine all the lives you’ll save.”

“SHUT UP!”

“It’s a good thing that you’re both girls or else you could have gotten Chaeyoung pregnant with that kiss.”

“YOU DON’T KNOW HOW BABIES ARE MADE, SO SHUT UP JISOO!”

“Why Jen? How are babies made?”
And as Jennie sees Chaeyoung smiling smugly at her, Jennie wonders sometimes why she’s dating such a bully.

“IDK… Why are you two up anyway?”

“You know me and my midnight snack…”

“It’s almost 2 am.”

“Whatever! So I drag Jisoo out so we can go grab some snacks…”

“Why am I not surprise?”
Jennie felt someone nudging her hands.

“Let’s go with them, Jen.”

“Oh yeah” Jennie intertwine their fingers… As they walk behind the 2Soo crew chatting and arguing about what they should order when Chaeyoung nudges Jennie behind them and softly plants
a kiss on Jennie’s lips.

“Let’s have more study dates.”