The Anti-Chaeyoung

Neon

"No, no, no Lisa,” Joy groans embarrassingly as her cousin has this wide eyed innocent look while clutching to her chest a binder. “I have a rep to uphold and there is no way people is going to know me as the cousin of the nerd with a Dog binder.”

GASPS…

“Unnie… how could you? This is a cat!”

Joy tries to pry the binder off, but the younger girl proves to be determined to have it.

"They're both have 4 legs and they’re both amphibians.”

“Cats are mammals.” Lisa said in a matter of factly, her hand still glued to the binder.

“And you’re a nerd… now let go!” Joy pulled hard that Lisa almost stumbled down. Jennie just shakes her head in embarrassment as the two continues to have a tug of war over a binder. Over in the corner, Chaeyoung has that determined look on her face as she keeps on trying on different pens.

As Jennie watched the girl, she had to agree that maybe... just maybe, Joy is right. Maybe it was her who is just being too salty about it. Maybe it was time for her to be the unnie and clear the air.

Jennie slowly walks over to Chaeyoung and notices the people glancing around. She wonders what the fuss was about but didn’t bother about it. When she got to Chaeyoung who is still scribbling on the note to find that perfect pen, she realizes what seems to have caught the eye of every person in there…

It was the chipmunk girl beside her.

“So, you found your perfect pen?”

“Mmm... not yet.” Chaeyoung didn’t even bother to look and kept on doodling.

Awkward silence…

“So...ummm… so, what are you majoring in?” Jennie tried to break the awkward silence.

“Business management.”
*
*
Awkward silence getting more awkward.

“How about you? what are you majoring in?”

“Communications.”

“Oh cool." She said in a deadpan, i-don't-really-care tone, then she smiles brightly "Found it!” She raised the black fountain pen up in the air, imagine the lion king scene where that monkey shows off baby simba. She smiles knowingly at Jennie before walking over to the cousins who finally solve their argument, with Joy clutching the binder triumphantly and a teary eyed Lisa. Jennie is about to join them when the writings on the paper that Chaeyoung was busy scribbling on caught her eye. She turns and growls angrily at the things that toothpick was “scribbling”.

Jennie DORK!!!
Jennie Kim is a loser…
I’m a dork- Jennie.

Jennie could feel her entire blood pressure skyrocketing as she rips off the page. Joy almost look petrified at the sight of her bestfriend storming towards them.

“Hey… why the ugly look?”

“Maybe I’m just ugly… now you!!” Jennie turns angrily at Chaeyoung.

“Mmm” Chaeyoung bats those pretty eyelashes and Jennie has to bite her lip to keep herself from puking.

“And here I’am trying to forgive and forget and you do this?!”

She shakes the paper angrily at Chaeyoung “People might get fooled by your pretty face, and your gorgeous smile and the way your eyes just twinkle but I’m not!”

But instead of Chaeyoung feeling all rattled, the girl flashes a sweet smile.
“Awww… Nini… you think I have a pretty face, a gorgeous smile and my eyes twinkle?” She bats those doe eyes again.

“IT’S JENNIE UNNIE TO YOU!!! UNNIE!!!”


“Hey… hey calm down… sorry guys, PMSing...” Joy smiles awkwardly at the people watching the scene.

“I’m going back to the dorm.” Jennie turned around straight into the stack of CD racks.

CRASH!!!!

And soon the floor was littered by colorful CDS.

“This is the worst day of my life,” Jennie groans as she tries to get up and smiles apologetically to the pissed looking manager.

“It’s ok, nobody uses CDs nowadays anyway.” Her reassuring words only got her in deep.

*
Jennie just wanted to forget this nightmare and just bury herself under the sheets. But Joy being Joy threatens to tell the whole gang about her outburst in the bookstore. She was left with no choice but to go with them. She wants nothing to do with the chipmunk in here, sure, she got a new hairstyle and yeah she looks so freaking gorgeous, but a choding will always be a choding.

Wait? Did she just say she was gorgeous?

Blackvelvet Cafe’s is the coffee place to be. It got great food, great ambiance and above all people come to see the smile on super handsome manager/owner Chanyeol. Blackvelvet is usually pack during lunch hours but we always have no trouble getting a spot, since Chanyeol and her roommate Wendy-yah has a love connection. Of course, Wendy's biggest fan Seulgi is in denial and believed that the two were just great friends. If that’s what you call, people holding hands, go out on dates and sleep in one bedroom doing God knows what then… they’re friends alright…

“So, what do you girls want?” says Mark the waiter with no sense of customer service.

“How about a better waiter?” Yeri retaliates, Mark is not the only one who could be rude around here.

“Ok… a better waiter. Do you want personality with that? Or just someone to drool over?” told you he was an .

“Hey!” we heard someone scolds this failure of yelp review. We turned to the good looking Chanyeol manning the register. Despite the frown on his face, he still looks so lovely and you could practically hear the collective sighs from all the girls in there.

“Mark be nice.. I’m sorry bout that.”
Mark was not a bit unfazed with his boss and sticks his tongue at him. Chanyeol just shakes his head and went back to work.

“Seriously, what do you girls want?” After we place our orders and mr. employee of the month left, we started gushing over Chanyeol.

“Too bad he’s taken.”

“Really?” Seulgi looks shock… geez… for someone with a 4.0 GPA she sure is lost when it comes to love.

“Who?”
“Duh! Wendy?”
“NO!” Seulgi looks so ruffled like someone told her Castle is getting canceled.

“They’re just bestfriends!”

“Oh… ok” When it comes to Wendy, there is no point arguing with her.

“So, you are Park Chaeyoung, right? isn’t she your crush in high school, Jennie?”

Jennie almost spit out her ice tea at what Yeri just said. Everyone flashes her that eating grin except for Chaeyoung who looks shock and Lisa who seems oblivious of what’s happening around her.

“What?!”
Kim Yerim comes up with the most direct and fiery statements. No one knows, maybe it’s the effect of hanging around too much with an inanimate object which is why she’s incapable of human emotions.

“Cause you know I remember back in high school you will constantly talk about her even if she’s not around, and when we see her in the hallways you just froze there.”

“Awwww...” The girls say in chorus like it’s the cutest thing they ever heard. The shock look on Chaeyoung’s face quickly turns into this annoying, smug look thatJennieI would wanted to smack.

“You, Kim Yerim is confusing crush with intense HATE!”

She was having a fatal attraction moment and I could see Yeri, boiling in a pot of freaking hot water.

“I hate you before, I still hate you now, and I’ll hate you forever!”

She got on Chaeyoung’s face but the girl just blink those eyes at me.

“The more you hate, the more you love.” Seulgi says so casually,

“Agree. Agree”, Jennie's so called friends nod their heads and she made a mental note: start to find new friends that don’t find her as a target.

She decided to remain quiet for the rest of the meal, here was her 3 bestfriends from high school, they failed calculus together, skip class to play counterstrike, shared our secret crushes with. Don’t those count? why are they taking the side of this evil girl rather than her?

*
“Are you still mad at me?" Joy pouts and Jennie turns away before she throws up at Joy’s epic fail of an aegyo.

After lunch, the two went with Joy’s roommate Jisoo to go shopping. After hours walking around the mall , the two felt like tagging along to wherever shop their girlfriend decided to go. In other occasions, the two would have shop along. But after what happen during lunch, Jennie is in no mood
to shop and Joy is too busy trying to charm Jennie with her sad attempt at aegyo.

“Oh c’mon… don’t be so bothered by her.”
“I’m not! She’s the one who’s constantly bugging me.”
“Maybe she likes you.”
“Or maybe she’s just a sadist who enjoys seeing people in misery.”
“Give her a chance…”

After an eternity, Jisoo finally steps out of the dressing room armed with a bunch of dresses.

“Why didn’t you get the maroon one?”
“Nah…” Jisoo shakes her head “It makes me look shapeless.”
Joy scoffs, “Why are you blaming the dress?”
“Grrrr… I heard that you lamp post! Don’t hate cause you don’t have curves.”
“Round things have curves…”
“Why you?!”

A Word war exploded between Joy and Jisoo. The two never really found any appropriate place to fight and Jennie was in no mood to play referee. Her mind drifted off to that Chaeyoung girl again. What did she ever do, that this chipmunk just finds her as her target? She was the one who got hit by the ball, she was the one who had to a tomato nose on the yearbook photo, she was the one being teased as tomato face. Doesn’t she have the right to make the girl’s life more miserable rather than the other way around?

Jennie finally stood up looking like she’s ready to start a revolution. Chaeyoung is not the only one who could play pranks, Chaeyoung is not the only one who could come up with stupid nicknames, and Chaeyoung is not the only one who could annoy the crap out of anyone. It was time for Chaeyoung to meet the ultimate choding… Jennie smiles triumphantly…

“This will be fun.”