Jennie's Time Machine

Neon

 

“IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT!!!! WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU SAY THAT?!"

Usually when Chaennie  have a minor fight, Wendy would be the one who acts as the mediator. So, when Wendy texted the girls at around 11 that night that Chaennie were having a fight, the gang knew it was serious.

And when they saw Jennie's back heaving as she cries, her face buried in her hand they knew their speculations were right.

“Geez Yeri relax,” Joy pried the angry Yeri off the poor girl.

" Jennie’s already suffering as it is, are you trying to make her commit suicide or something?”

“No… but argh… Jennie… Jennie… Chaeyoung is like everyone’s dream girl and you treat her like this? I won’t be surprise if she dump you and find someone else quick.”

Jennie looks up and her worried look turned into fear, “Sh-She’ll dump me?”

“No… she won’t,” Seulgi says reassuringly, “Just shut up Yeri.”

“Maybe we should give Jennie some space.” Everyone takes a step back away from Jennie. “I didn’t mean literally you idiots. I meant, I think it would be better if Jennie would be by herself to just think things through.”

“Yeah I think Hyunnie is right.” Seulgi nods.

“Wow Seul… you two aren’t even dating yet but you’re already whipped.”

The rest snickers…

“SHE GOT A VALID POINT!” Seulgi snarls.

“WAPISH!!!”

“ARGH!!!”

“Everyone get out…” Irene says it so coldly that everyone froze in the middle of their wrestling match. “Jen… if you need us buddy just text
us, ok?”

*

From: My Jennie

First night without a good night kiss and text from you… I don’t think I could make it til morning… Chaeng… I’m so sorry… I love you…

And all Chaeyoung could do is read the text, for now she doesn’t know what she could say…

*

Day 1

“Chaeyoung…”

Chaeyoung ignores Jennie again, the girl has been desperately trying to talk to her for the whole day. Waiting for Chaeyoung at her every class only to be
ignored.

“Chaeng… please talk to me…”

The pained angry look in Chaeyoung’s face was enough to stun Jennie.

“What do I say Jennie? Cause obviously you won’t believe it anyway.”

Jennie couldn’t even bear to look at Chaeyoung… “I’m sorry Chaeyoung.”

Chaeyoung rolls her eyes “That’s getting to be so overused that it’s starting to lose its meaning, Jen.”

“Then, what do you want me to say?” Jennie was starting to get desperate. She felt her chances of staying with Chaeyoung is getting slimmer by the second. “Tell me Chaeng.”

Chaeyoung sighs heavily cause she doesn’t want to give up on them either, but it looks like there was no chance of making it through. “I wish I knew too, Jen.”

*

“You think we’ll get back together, Wendy?”

Wendy turns worriedly at her poor roommate who is been spending her time staring at the ceiling. Usually whenever Chaeyoung and Jennie would
fight, Jennie would drown their room in endless songs, but this time it was quiet. Too quiet as if Jennie knows that those songs wouldn’t do
nothing but remind her of Chaeyoung. “Maybe you need to give her space, time to think.”

“What if she thinks that it’s better if we're not together? I don’t think I could take that Wendy- yah.”

“Then, you have to prove to her that you two are worth fighting for. I know it sounds cliché but it’s the only thing you could do.”

*
Day 2

“Lisa…” Lisa turns away from her accountancy worksheet and sees Chaeyoung carrying a box.“Can you do me favor?”

“What is it?”

“Ummm… can you give this to Joy unnie and ask her if she could give to Jennie.”

Lisa didn’t need to look what was inside the box, every little trinket that reminded Chaeyoung of Jennie or things that Jennie gave Chaeyoung was
inside the box. Lisa scratches her head in confusion, wondering if it was a good idea to meddle between the two. She knew the two
would get back together. “Chaeyoung… maybe it would be better if you wait a couple of days.”

“For what? Lisa?”

“To see how it goes… I still think you and Jennie unnie could work things out, you always do.”

“I’m getting tired Lisa… all we do is fight.”

“But still you find a reason to work things out, please give this time to think about, Chong-ah. I know Jennie unnie is suffering right now and I
know you are too… but you’ll make it, you always do.”

Chaeyoung groans and just collapse in her bed, she didn’t have time to argue cause deep inside she wish she and Jennie could fix it too.

*
Day 3

Joy looks hopelessly at her bestfriend, all Jennie does is check her phone every second as if she was a patient and she was waiting desperately for that one transplant to save her life. “Look Jen, do you want to go shopping or something?”

“I’m okay Joy… let’s just stay here.”

“But I can’t stand to see you like this dude, actually none of us do.”

“I’m sorry that I make you worry Joy… but it will be okay.”

But the intimate bestfriend moment was interrupted when Jisoo burst into her dorm room.

“WAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!”

Joy and Jennie turns to see Jisoo sobbing uncontrollably while she clutches her laptop to her chest like a mother who just lost their child.

“Oh… I guess they can’t fix your laptop.”

“WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH… They couldn’t” Jisoo sunk into her bed with laptop still in hand. “And what’s worse is that they couldn’t retrieve the memory because the virus was so bad, so everything in my hard drive is like wipe out!!!! My por- I meant art film collection is all gone… GONE!”

Jennie suddenly sat up straight “All gone…”

“Every memory and file that I have just disappeared like poof… Now I have to do everything all over again.”

Jennie then smile at the thought of it “Do everything all over again.”

Joy and Jisoo looks surprise as Jennie just scrambled to get off her feet

“Thanks guys…”

The two have confused looks on their faces as they watch Jennie run out of their room. Joy scratches her head wondering what just happened to her
bestfriend. “Maybe she needed to go to the bathroom.”

“Oh… that’s why…” Jisoo nods…

*

Chaeyoung couldn’t figure out why Lisa would drag her out to campus and just leave her there with a broken bike. What does Lisa want her to do? Fix it? Chaeyoung bend down to see what she could do with it when her train of thought broke at the sound of someone singing...

neomu banjjak banjjak nooni booshuh no no no no no neomu kkamjjak kkamjjak nollan naneun oh oh oh oh oh

And Chaeyoung quickly turned away, she could feel her face getting all warmed up. She is just helpless against it, Jennie’s smile just make her
blush even if she tries to condition herself not to.

“Hi…” Jennie steps out of her bike and Chaeyoung was stuck trying to piece out what’s happening…

“Jen, what are you doing?”

“This is how we first met.”

And for once Chaeyoung was speechless…

“I wish I could make all the bad and stupid things that I have done just disappear from your memory, but I think I need to hit you real hard in the head for that to happen. And I think your family would sue me if I do that so…” Jennie knows she finally start to win Chaeyoung over when she sees the girl hide her smile “Ummm… I want to start all over again and I’ll try my damn hardest to do it right this time, but only if you let me.”

Chaeyoung could see Jennie pleading her to do so and honestly her heart is pleading her to do so too… “Ok…”

Jennie smiles… “Well in high school you stole my bike.”

“I borrowed it…” Chaeyoung corrected her.

“Fine… But I know how you operate now, Park Chaeyoung and I won’t make the same mistake again,” Jennie held out her hand “This time I’ll make
you ride with me… So, come jump in… I’ll take you to school.”

Chaeyoung was a little hesitant to go with whatever Jennie is planning but her girlfriend is just too charming (if she wants to) to resist.

“I know it would be hella more romantic if I brought you back to our old high school, but i haven’t gotten my allowance yet so we’ll just improvise. So, you ready to go?”

“Go where?”

*

Chaeyoung was enjoying the feel of Jennie’s fingers intertwined with hers that she didn’t even care that Jennie took her to the library. She looks up to
see that Jennie brought her to the secluded part of the library, rumored to be as the makeout spot. She was about to walk away from Jennie when the scene in front of her froze her.

There in the library floor just like it was a few years ago, countless neon papers, cartolinas and art supplies are scattered around. Jennie nudges her to sit in the floor with her.

“We got into detention together.” Chaeyoung smiles at Jennie.

“No, you got me into detention,” Chaeyoung frowns at Jennie, and Jennie turns and kisses the pout away from Chaeyoung’s mouth. “But now that I look at it, I’m glad we did.”

Jennie smiles at the antics that they did during that time.

“So, can you cut better now, Jen?”

Jennie smiles sneakily then hands Chaeyoung a neon heart and corny as it is, Chaeyoung couldn’t help feel giddy. “We were practically kids then and we just annoy the heck out of each other. But no matter how much I hate doing art, it was weird how I was looking forward to coming into the library with you, or how it affected me that all these girls just worship you. I didn’t know what I was feeling then, Chaeng, but I should have told you.” Jennie leans close and just lays her lips on Chaeyoung “That’s why I’m telling you now” Jennie’s lips would graze Chaeyoung’s every time she speaks and Chaeyoung just sits there quietly, not wanting Jennie to be apart from her any longer “And I’m going to say it to you for the rest of our lives.” Jennie couldn’t figure out why she was so nervous, she takes a deep
breath to try to shake off the nerves until finally uttering those three words.
“I love you.”

*

Jennie leads Chaeyoung on the middle of the seats and the two stared out at the empty stage.

“I think the moment you step on stage you make everyone fall in love with you. And I think the moment I saw you during the auditions, I ahhh… I realize all that jumbled feeling inside my head was…” Jennie looks down “It was love… I realize I loved you, but the bad thing there is, everyone in the school also did. I felt like I could never be enough
for you.”

Jennie’s words didn’t do nothing but push a replay button on Chaeyoung’s head. What if Jennie would have just told her? Then her mind wouldn’t be trapped with all the shoulda, woulda, coulda all throughout high school.

“How come you never told me any of this in high school?”

Jennie looks strangely at Chaeyoung, Did Chaeyoung dump that many? that she couldn’t even remember that she was one of the people she dumped so harshly? As much as Jennie wants to tell Chaeyoung about this she knew it wouldn’t do any good but further ignite their anger.

“It’s over and done now Chaeng… There is no point going back.” Jennie intertwined her hand with Chaeyoung and Jennie took it as a good sign
when Chaeyoung didn’t let go. Chaeyoung leans her head on Jennie’s shoulder, she smiles when she felt Jennie pressing a soft kiss on her forehead. “Don’t sleep… we still have places to go.”

*

“So, Miss Park… are you ready for your ultimate annihilation?!” Jennie hands Chaeyoung a soccer ball.

Chaeyoung suddenly burst out laughing, “Oh God… you’re embarrassing.”

Jennie suddenly grew quiet as she sees Chaeyoung laugh, Jennie couldn’t believe how something simple as hearing Chaeyoung’s laugh make all the difference in her world.

“Jen? You ok?”

“No… no… ummm… keke… I just need to calm myself before I take you down…”

“Well, bring it. Kim!”

“It’s been brought!”

Chaeyoung was obviously showing off some fancy footwork…

“So cocky… Ahem. Ahem… WHOAH!” Jennie looks in shock as the soccer ball zoom right pass her.

“OH YEAH!!!” Chaeyoung laughs in triumph.

“I did it on purpose.” Jennie scoffs…

Chaeyoung roll her eyes, Jennie could be such a sore loser. “You just on purpose?”

“Yeah… I mean… HEY!” Jennie frowns when she realizes she just got dupe “No… I just feel bad for you that’s why.”

“Oh… really?”

“Let’s go…”

But Chaeyoung just stood there and refuse to move on inch…

“Scared that I’ll beat you again?” Chaeyoung strikes at Jennie.

“No… I’m giving you time to practice coz next time, I won’t be so nice.” Jennie’s eyes glint mischievously…

“Ooooohhhhh… should I be scared?”

“Very. Cause you don’t want my goalie powers to be unleash, but you leave me with no choice, because of your cockiness I just have to punish you…”

“Oh I’m cocky?”

“Uh-huh… prepare to be punished.”

“Oh yeah? What do you-“ But before she could finish what she was about to say, Jennie already lays her lips on hers. Chaeyoung gasps and she narrows her eyes as she looks at Jennie with a smug grin on her face.

“Why so quiet, Park Chaeyoung? The kiss was that good?”

“” Chaeyoung slaps Jennie playfully in her arms before wrapping her arms around Jennie’s shoulders. Chaeyoung presses her lips on Jennie’s, it felt crazy that even though they just hadn’t kiss for a few days, Chaeyoung felt incomplete. Soon the gentle kiss turned into longing, their tongues
collide, desperate to taste each other again after being deprived of their addiction.

Jennie hesitantly pulls away while Chaeyoung plants sweet kisses on her lips, not wanting to be away from her even for a second. “Let’s go…”

“No.” Chaeyoung whines as she search for Jennie’s lips again but Jennie jerk her head away because she knows if she let Chaeyoung kiss her, she probably won’t stop either.

“Just one more place… and that’s it.”

Chaeyoung pecks Jennie in the lips before surrendering “Okay.”

*
And they were back where they started, the place where they had their first kiss and their first I love yous was also the same place where they
carelessly threw hurtful words around. One of Jennie’s “endearing” qualities is how she’s such a crybaby. The girl cries at the littlest things and when she see someone crying and most of the time the only thing that could pacify her is Chaeyoung. So, it didn’t come as a surprise that after almost 3 days of crying, the only time she calm down was right now as Yoona wrap her in an embrace.

"Dont ever think that those other girls can measure up to you, Chaeng," Jennie whispers in Chaeng's neck, "The things you do to me with just your look, your touch, your kisses… nobody has ever that effect on me except you…" Jennie softly presses kisses on Chaeyoung's neck stopping at her ear. “I know you’re tired of hearing it, but I’m stuck Chaeyoung. I’m just scrambling for the right words to say to you, anything just anything to keep you with me… but all the words just lose meaning cause the only thing I wanted to say is I’m so scared to lose you Chaeyoung.”

“You won’t… Even I feel like giving up, I don’t think my heart would let me,” Chaeyoung tilts Jennie’s chin so she could stare back into those eyes.
“We'll make it through, I mean how could I not fall in love with someone who does this for me? I’ll fall in love with you over and over again.”

Jennie brushes the face out of Chaeyoung’s face and presses a kiss on her forehead. The two smiles knowingly, ready to take each other’s lips on
their own when… When the seductive notes starts playing in the air…

“What the?”

“ I've been really tryin', baby
Tryin' to hold back this feeling for so long
And if you feel like I feel, baby
Then, c'mon, oh, c'mon
Let's get it on

Chaeyoung quickly pulls away from Jennie and looks sternly at her.

“I do- I’I…I” Jennie was left stammering, shaking her head furiously trying to calm down the obviously annoyed Chaeyoung.

“Oh c’mon guys! It’s Marvin Gaye! Show us some romance.” Jisoo pouts while she turns off the music.

"I said play some romantic songs not some y time songs." Jennie growls low..

“Hmmp! and I thought you two would be all over each other, geez.” Chaeyoung scoffs

“WE WOULD BE IF YOU DIDN’T US AGAIN!!!”

“Say what now, Jen?”

“Ahhh… ahhh… I mean ummm… we would be all over like hugging each other like tightly… nothing else that’s it, just a hug. ”Jennie chuckles nervously. Jennie gives Chaeyoung a friendly side hug while giving Joy and Jisoo an angry face.

“Awwww… We are such good cupids, Jisoo.”
Jennie growls… “We got you back with Chaeyoung, now treat us some ice cream!”

“What?!” Jennie turns around but when she sees the smile in Chaeyoung’s face her anger just magically poof away.“Fine but just one scoop.”

Jisoo and Joy shakes their head in disbelief.
“After all we’ve done to make this night come true… we only get one scoop.”

“CHEAP !”Jisoo and Joy were still complaining about the lack of ice cream they’re about to have.

And Jennie pulls Chaeyoung and kisses her in
the lips. “You can have two scoops.”

Chaeyoung smiles through their kiss "You spoil me too much, babe."