Double Date With the Epic Fails

Neon

Chaeyoung’s eyes quickly darted along the magazines lined up in the shelves while at the same time glancing around making sure that nobody spots her.

“Let’s see Seventeen, Good Housekeeping, GQ… ahhh…” Chaeyoung quickly grab the magazine with the hot girl with all her cleavage hanging out in the cover. “Hmmm… 69 ways to please your lover?
Huh? Why is it always 69?” Chaeyoung decided to wonder about it later and bounce out of there before anyone sees her.

“CHAEYOUNG-AH!!!!!”

Too late.

“UGH! Crap.crap.crap.crap.crap.” Chaeyoung hurriedly gathered a bunch of magazines to cover up the cosmopolitan that she bought before the
2Soo duo got to her.

“Awwww… Chaeyoung, my love… we're sad.”

Chaeyoung looks puzzled when the two pouts.
“W- Why unnie?”

“Do you only get excited to see us when Jennie girl is around?”

“No… no,” Chaeyoung shakes her head fervently, She loves the two even though they have the habit of popping up whenever she and Jennie are
getting…ummm… intimate… “I ummm just didn’t expect to see you guys here.”

“I know, right? How could two steaming hot girls be in a nerdy place like a bookstore?”

“I know” Chaeyoung laughs nervously.

“So, what do you need all that magazines for?”

“I ummm… well… For a project…”

“Oh is the project name, how to please your girl in 69 ways?”

Chaeyoung was left stammering, struggling to find an answer.

*

Jennie sits on the park bench with Wendy.
“Wendy… help me.”

“You fought with Chaeyoung again?”

“Ummm no… Its just that I want to take Chaeyoung out on a date and ahhhh… for once I want everything to go right.”

Wendy looks at Jennie who looks worried. “Well… why don’t you take her to a normal date?”

“Huh? I don’t get you.”

“Just you know… instead of going all out just take her to dinner and movies. Ah! I got an idea…” Wendy takes out her phone and starts
texting…

“ Jen, how about this? Why don’t you and Chaeyoung have a double date with Irene and Seulgi?”

“Oh, ahhh Seulgi?” Jennie didn’t think it was a good idea if she was the captain of epic fails, Seulgi was like her co captain and the two of them together would be disastrous.

“Yes. The two are extremely awkward with each other having you and Chaeyoung there maybe it will help them relax.”

“Do they even like each other?”

“They do, Irene already knows it but Seulgi is still confuse, she needs this.”
*
Irene didn’t know why she agreed with Wendy about this Wendy let the two stay over at her aunt’s place so they could cook something for Seulgi and Jennie. Irene felt so lost around the kitchen while Chaeyoung tries to make something from the ingredients she have. Chaeyoung was flipping over the cooking magazine when a line from an article caught her attention.

You know the way to know if someone really loves you is if they eat what you cook no matter how horrible it is…

“ Chaeyoung… What are you doing?” Irene asks worriedly as she sees Chaeyoung dousing everything that her hands could get on inside the pot.

“I just want to test a theory Irene unnie.”
*
“Credit cards and cash.”

Check.

“Allergy meds.”

Check.

“Two hot girls.”

Jennie and Seulgi smile seductively at each other.

“Double check.”

“So, Seul… Do you really like Irene?” Jennie asks as she sees Seulgi gathering up her stuff before they step out of the dorm.

“I don’t know… This is all Wendy’s idea and I’m just going along with it.”

“Look dude, if you’re not sure then…”

“I’m not sure… cause… I don’t know if it’s fear or maybe something else that I feel with Hyunnie. Maybe this date will help clear things out.”

Jennie cups Seulgi shoulder and looks at the girl’s eye. “Don’t worry dude, whatever you decide, I’ll back you up a hundred percent.” The two takes a deep breath “This is it Seul, let’s go pick up our girls and blow their minds away…” Seulgi giggles cutely,

“Kekeke… you said blow.”

Jennie giggles along, “Keke… blow.”

*
“Remember Seul, let’s play a little hard to get, make those two want us.”

But as soon as the door swings open and Jennie saw the gorgeous girl standing there, she was hooked.

“OH GOD!!! I’M SO LUCKY, MY CHAEYOUNG IS SO BEAUTIFUL!” Jenpup starts nuzzling herself on Chaeyoung while spazzing like a fan girl.

“Gosh Jen, calm down.”

“How could I?! This is for you, my love.” Jennie hands Chaeyoung the bouquet of flowers. And Seulgi watches as her bestfriend left her
hanging high and dry to defend herself over the Hyunnie.

“H-hi Hyunnie… This is for you.” Seulgi extends her arms to hand out the bouquet and Irene grabs it and walks ahead of the girl.

*
“ Seul… aren’t we so lucky?” Jennie’s word of the day: Lucky

Seulgi swears she could see hearts on Jennie’s eyes like one of those cartoon people when they’re in love.

“Our girls…” Irene glares at Jennie and Jennie quickly recoiled before Irene could harm her “I meant my girl and Irene here made us… WHAT THE
FU-?!”

Jennie and Seulgi had the look on horror on their faces when they saw what was laden in the table for them. Jennie tries to remain calm as
Chaeyoung sits her down.

“I hope you like it babe, I made it just for you.” Chaeyoung winks… It was the wink of death.
While Chaeyoung and Irene went back to the kitchen, Seulgi leans over to the deathly pale Jennie. Who gulps as she looks at the slimy, puke
green with a hint of yellowish blob on the plate.

“It looks like sh*t,” Jennie finally admitted.
Not feeling so lucky now, huh Jennie Kim?

“It probably taste like one too… Here… let’s put it in your bag and just tell them we ate it.” Seulgi takes out the plate but before she could put it on Jennie’s bag.

“Oh hell no!” Jennie yanks her bag away “This is a Chanel purse, baby… I’m not going to put that piece of crap inside here.”

“Your girlfriend made that piece of crap.”

“You know what Seul? You are under estimating our relationship. Our relationship is build on trust and honesty. So, I’m going to tell her straight up… There’s no freaking way I’m going to touch this.”

Seulgi roll her eyes “Yeah right, you say no to Chaeyoung?”

“Just you watch Seul, watch how I will handle this situation.”

“Hello…” The two girls join the two in the table. “Sorry we took long…”

“Jen, I made this all for you, it’s full of my love. The whole time I was cooking it, I was thinking Oh… I wish my Jennie would love this.” Chaeyoung
sighs dreamily...

Seulgi snickers as she sees Jennie’s face fell in defeat. Then, she froze when she sees Irene looking at her.

“EAT IT.”

Seulgi and Jennie took a deep breath and started shaking as they look at the slime pour out from the spoon. They haven’t even ate it yet but they felt like puking already. Jennie’s phone vibrates.

From: Seulgi

Maybe if we eat it fast, we would hardly taste it.
Jennie nods in agreement, then exhales deeply.

THIS IS FOR CHAEYOUNG

This thing -whatever it is- should be in Fear factor.
“Yummy” Jennie lies. Gosh. Where was Joy and Jisoo when you need them?

Jennie starts shoving the food inside , while trying to wipe away her tears. She looks up, ready to puke when she see Seulgi’s plate still full.
“Seul?”

Seulgi “accidentally” slides the plate to the floor along with all the crap that was in there.
“OMO!” Seulgi said in fake regret “Gosh how clumsy of me?” Jennie was shaking her head, her bestfriend since preschool has forsaken her.

“And I was really looking forward to eating that” Jennie wouldn’t want to do nothing but smack the face of the traitor. You’ll pay for this you traitor…

And Jennie spoke too soon cause out of nowhere the 2Soo couple pop in, ready for another performance. Seulgi almost spits out her drink. This doesn’t look good, not good at all. Joy clears “After Chaeyoung heard the bad romance,
2Soo version, she fell head over heels with Jennie and because you’re our friend Seul, we want to play cupids for you and Hyunnie too.”

“So, get ready to get your mind blown Hyunnie, this song is from Seul to you.”

“Oh no no no no no… NOOOOOO!!!!!” Seulgi lands her face in the table and she could hear Jennie’s laugh mocking her misery.

Oh-oh-oh-oh
I’m in love with Hyunnie… Hyuu-nnie
Oh-oh-oh-oh
I’m in love with Hyunnie
Hyunnie! Hyunnie-a-a Hyunnie! Hyunnie-a-a
Hyunnie! Hyunnie-a-a Hyunnie! GAGA

While Chaennie were laughing so hard, Irene was just sitting there frozen.

“C’Mon Seul…” Jisoo pulls the unresponsive Seulgi up in the stage. “Sing Seulgi… I’m in love- with-“ Seulgi wouldn’t sing it

“Whatevs Losah!” Jisoo pushes Seulgi to the side.

I’m just a Holy Fool, oh baby Hyunnie’s so cruel
But I’m still in love with Hyunnie, baby
I’m just a Holy Fool, oh baby Hyunnie’s so cruel
But I’m still in love with Hyunnie, baby
Ohohohoh
I’m in love with Hyunnie
Ohohohoh
I’m in love with Hyunnie
Hyunnie! Hyunnie-a-a- Hyunnie! Hyunnie-a-a
Hyunnie! Hyunnie-a-a Hyunnie! GAGA

Joy closes her eyes prepare to blow their minds away and Seulgi couldn’t wait to blow Joy and Jisoo’s brains out.

I wanna love you,
But something’s pulling me away from you
Wendy is my virtue,
Hyunnie is the demon I cling to
I cling to!!!!
SING IT WITH US!!!!

Soon, Chaeyoung and Jennie pulls Irene up on stage and joins 2Soo up in stage and joins in the finale.

I’m just a Holy Fool, oh baby Hyunnie’s so cruel
But I’m still in love with Hyunnie, baby
I’m just a Holy Fool, oh baby Hyunnie’s so cruel
But I’m still in love with Hyunnie, baby
Ohohohoh
I’m in love with Hyunnie
Ohohohoh
I’m in love with Hyunnie
Hyunnie! Hyunnie-a-a- Hyunnie! Hyunnie-a-a
Hyunnie! Hyunnie-a-a Hyunnie! GAGA
*
“REALLLY?! OH REALLY?! You “serenade” Hyunnie with a Lady gaga song?!”

“And Why not? It worked with Chaeyoung and Jennie.”

“We were suppose to sing Alejandro but it doesn’t rhyme with Hyunnie so we used Judas.”

“See? See Seulgi?” Joy looks at Seulgi “The efforts that we put through just so you can get your girl.”
Seulgi stomps her foot and turns around.

“So, where are we going next?” Joy asks excitedly.

“You’re not going with us!” Seulgi snarls at her.

“Why not?!”

“Is that even a question?!”

“Let them go, Seulgi.” And Seulgi snarls in defeat… She’s just defenseless against Irene. Jisoo puts her arm around Seulgi and pulls the girl away to the
corner.

“Take this as an opportunity, Seul… Chaennie there is like puking rainbow sweet, and if me and Joy acts all sweet too, I’m sure it will rub off in Hyunnie and soon you two will be all lovey-dovey and stuff.”

Sweet? Seulgi wasn’t sure if Hyunnie is capable of that. “I’m not sure about that.”

“Trust me… When did we ever fail you?- Ummm… Don’t answer that!”

*
Se couldn’t help but feel a slight pang of jealousy as she watches Jennie and Chaeyoung with their hands twined as they walk ahead, while even Jisoo and Joy are skipping happily as if they’re in the field of grass shooting a CF.

She turns to the dragon lady beside her… wondering if she should try and hold her claws- she meant hands. Seulgi slowly reaches out when...

“WHAT THE FU---“ Seulgi clutching her hands in pain and growls at Irene.

“I don’t know what you’re trying to do, but I wouldn’t dare if I were
you.”

*
Jennie scratches her head as she look at the movie selection… Should she watch the vampire movie? Nope… Chaeyoung might spazz over the
werewolfs abs… How about something gory? Chaeyoung would be all over her or kill her for choosing such a bad film so nope… “Choose the love story, Jen.”

Jennie turns and sees Jisoo smiling knowingly at her. “I don’t know, Jisoo I’m not really into love stories.”

“Oh.ho-ho buddy…” Jisoo puts her arm around Yuri’s shoulders. “This isn’t just a type of love story, I heard rave reviews about this, a little tragic but there are some really cool scenes that might help you and Chaeyoung finally get there.” Jisoo twitches her brows up and down…

“Oh no no no… I’m not going there again, I don’t want Chaeyoung to get mad at me.”

“That’s the thing, dude. You are not doing anything, it’s like a subtle hint that will push Chaeyoung to go there with you. Or what Jen? You don’t want to do it with Chaeyoung anymore?”

“Oh yes” Jennie nodded her head incessantly “I still want to do it with Chaeyoung but I’m willing to wait.”

“Then, choose this… Then, maybe you don’t have to wait no more.”

*

“Wow Joy unnie thanks for grabbing everyone’s snacks.”

“What?” Joy has two tubs of popcorn, a box of chocolate and a large slurpee. “Oh this is just mine, you girls buy your own.”

“I got the tickets.” Jennie walks over to them and Jennie’s hand magnetically links with Chaeyoung as they lined up to enter the theatre.

*
Jennie follows Chaeyoung to their seat and before Joy could follow them, Jisoo pulls the tall girl away.
“Me and Joy will seat up here… so we don’t bother you guys…”

Jennie presses her forehead against Chaeyoung, making Chaeyoung giggle cutely. Jennie puckers her lips jokingly to kiss Chaeyoung.

“Jennie and Chaeyoung sitting in the movies, K-I-S-S”

Jennie turns angrily at the two, “SHUT UP!” One light squeeze in the arm by Chaeyoung and Jennie’s angers poof away.

Seulgi tries not to look worried that Irene is busy texting.

From:Wendy

How’s the date going?

From: Irene

UGH. I think horrible… I’m just nervous… Seulgi makes me nervous.

From: Wendy

Irene you are thinking way too much… Seulgi is pretty cool, just talk to her like you would talk to others and you’ll realize you have nothing to be nervous about.

From: Irene

Easy for you to say…

From: Wendy

Where are you guys now?

From: Irene

In the movies…

From: Wendy

Well, share your popcorn, it’s the little things that will ease you up.

“From: Irene

Ok… I can do this

From: Wendy

Of course you can…

Seulgi quickly froze on her seat when Irene turns and glares at her. Irene tilts her popcorn towards her. “EAT”

Seulgi grabs a handful and stuffs it in . Seulgi felt her phone vibrate

From: Jisoo

Be sweet… feed her popcorn…

From: Seulgi

You nuts?!

From: Jisoo

You got to push the limits, girl.

Seulgi takes a deep breath…

“Ok here goes… Hyunnie?” Irene turns around and Seulgi almost shove the popcorn up Irene’s nose. Despite of the dark theatre, Seulgi could see Irene’s eyes glowing a dark red. And if looks can kill, Seulgi would be with Jisoos Christ now…

Jennie wraps her arm around Chaeyoung’s shoulder and Chaeyoung snuggles closely, leaning her head on Jennie’s shoulders. Wendy, you’re right again… other than that horrible meal, this date is
probably the best that me and Chaeyoung have been in. Jennie kisses Chaeyoung’s hair but just when she thought everything would go perfect, something just have to go wrong cause there in the first scene of the tragic love story or the two main characters tragically doing each other.

Chaeyoung quickly stiffens up in her seat and pulls away from Jennie. And just when she thought she was almost ready to be with Jennie, she sees this.
And it frightened her immensely and at the same time, made her insanely jealous. Jennie have done this, this… this “scene” with other girls. She felt that no matter how much they love each other, she will
always still be one of the girls that Jennie did it with while Jennie is the only one for her. Chaeyoung tilts her head, squinting her eyes as she looks at the scene…Oh… that’s what they call 69…

*
Jennie looks worriedly as Chaeyoung suddenly don’t want nothing to do with her after the movie.

“Hyo, this is all your fault.”

“What? What did I do?!”

“ Chaeyoung won’t talk to me because of the movie.”

“ Jen ” Jisoo pats Jennie’s shoulder “She’s just a little nervous now, she’s probably like whoah… I’m going to do that with this girl who keeps on having major epic fails?”

“Not helping.”

“You unconsciously made her think of it without doing anything. See? I’m a genius…”

“Whatever.” Jennie puffs her cheek, watching as Chaeyoung and Irene are looking at the clothes in the boutique.

“I want to go home.”

Jennie almost jump back, there sitting underneath the clothes rack was a tired looking Seulgi.

“This isn’t going well, Jen.”

“I know Seul, but you can’t give up.”

“What am I even fighting for? me and Hyunnie… we just don’t click…”

“You two are just nervous… I was nervous too, I mean I still am…” Jennie smiles happily then sits up with “Doesn’t it flatter you that there is someone out there who thinks the world of you that it makes them nervous to be around you?”

Seulgi looks over and sees Hyunnie staring at her, Hyunnie growls then quickly looks back at the clothes. Seulgi smiles… “I guess you got a point, Kim.”

*

“You ok?” Irene asks Chaeyoung who’s flipping clothes after clothes after clothes.

“Yeah, why?” Chaeyoung answers while still flipping.

“Nothing, it’s like you were different after you saw that movie, did it kinda scare you?”

Chaeyoung finally stop… “Jennie has done those things with other people, while she’s going to be my first. I just feel like… It won’t be as special to her as it would be for me.” Chaeyoung mutters softly.

“You know Chaeyoung… I knew Jennie during freshmen when she would go out and let’s just say “hangout” with those different girls.” Chaeyoung
closes her eyes, she doesn’t even want to imagine Jennie with those others “But I never ever heard her talk about any of them, even about Sana and Sana’s suppose to be Jennie’s first and all that. But then you came along and everything that comes out of nowadays is Chaeyoung…” Irene pats Chaeyoung on the shoulder before continuing… “ Jennie didn’t know the meaning of the word special until you came along.”

*

Awkward tension in the air. Chaeyoung is far from Jennie. Seulgi is so far away from Irene. And Jisoo and Joy are tagging along on a date.

“Ah! You guys go ahead.” Jennie says “I forgot something…”

“You want us-“

“No…” Jennie shakes her head and started running back.

“What’s up with her?”

The girls shrug while Chaeyoung just look until Jennie disappeared on the next corner.

“WHAT THE?!”
Irene alarms the whole town center with her dolphin shriek as a man runs away with her bag.

“Go Seulgi, go be Hyunnie’s hero! GO!!!” Seulgi was all pumped up and starts chasing the guy but after
speeding up, she started to lose steam and was huffing and puffing when Hyunnie zooms past her.

“GIVE ME BACK MY BALENCIAGA!!!!!!”

Joy, Jisoo and Chaeyoung finally caught up with Seulgi. “What happen?”

“Somebody took Irene’s Balenshi- Barensha-ARGH!!! Her bag that starts with a letter B”

“Isnt that dangerous unnie? What if the guy has a weapon?!”

“NO HYUNNIE!!!” And soon Seulgi was chasing after them…

And Jisooand Joy pouts cutely… “Awww… Seulgi likes her.”

*
Jennie runs over to the counter…

“Ummm excuse me, miss?”

“Yes?”

“Remember that very tall , so beautiful girl that was here earlier?”

“Oh yes… she’s like an actress.”

“Well, anyways. Do you remember what she wanted to buy?”

“She was looking at this.” The girl showed Jennie a white gold diamond heart bracelet.

“Oh ok… I’ll take it.”

“It’s 500,000 won.”

“WHOAH! Srysly?” The girl rolls her eyes “The price is on the tag.”

Jennie looks closely “Seriously? I thought that was the barcode.”

“Are you going to take it or not?”

*
After the mall cop cleared up the chaos between Irene beating up the guy who is denying that he stole her bag. The gang decided to head on home.
Other than Irene screaming at every pedestrian on the road, the car ride was quiet…

“Hyunnie, that was an orange…”

“It means speed up in my dictionary, Seul!”

HOOOONNNNNKKKK!!!! “The line is there for a reason you idiot!!! Stick in your freaking lane!!!!”

HOOOOONNNNNKKKK!!!!

“Irene… she’s a grandma.”

“Then, she shouldn’t even be driving!”

Jennie quickly covers … No, not here, especially not in Irene’s car.

“Baby, you ok?” Jennie shakes her head… She felt all the slime that she ate crawling back up .

“JENNIE IS GOING TO THROW UP!”

“OH HELL NO!!!! NOT IN MY CAR!!!”

“STOP THE CAR!!!”
*
“She lost a lot of fluids, so we have to keep her overnight but she’ll be
okay. Do any of you know what she ate?”
Chaeyoung felt all eyes on her. “Food?”
“Oh, ok… I’m seeing Jennie Kim here more often. Just make her rest for
now, she’ll be ok.”
Chaeyoung groans in regret and covers her eyes, she couldn’t believe the
thing that she put her girl into.
“Hey Chaeng… if you’re tired you can go home, I’ll watch over Jen.”
“Oh don’t worry about it, Joy unnie… I’ll do it.”

*

It was somehow comforting to see Jennie sleeping . Chaeyoung moves closer to Jennie’s bed and runs her fingers on Jennie’s hair. Jennie smiles happily…

“Chaeyoung?”

“Mmm Jen?”

“When we get married, I’ll do the cooking, okay?”

Chaeyoung was thankful that other than the city lights from outside, the room is fairly dark cause if it wasn’t Jennie could probably see how hard she was blushing.

“Okay…”

“Chaeyoung…” but before Chaeyoung could answer her, Jennie had capture Chaeyoung’s lips in a sweet, loving kiss. As they pull away reluctantly, they
remain close as their foreheads are press together.

“Marry me?”

Chaeyoung opens her eyes and looks surprisingly at Jennie. “Jen?”

“I know its all so sudden and you are probably wishing it to be more romantic than me being in a hospital but don’t worry… From now on until the rest of our lives, I’ll make our everyday a valentines day.”
And knowing Jennie, she would probably will…

“B-but…”

Jennie lays her lips on Chaeyoung’s forehead “I know there are so many buts and what ifs but all I need is you to believe in me and I’ll prove all
those things wrong.”

Chaeyoung smiles happily and nods “Yes Jennie… I’m forever yours…”

“Really? You know if you say yes you can’t take it back.”

Chaeyoung smiles and kisses Jennie on her forehead “Yes.” A kiss on her nose “Yes.” And Chaeyoung playfully lingers over Jennie’s lips “Yes” And Jennie playfully pulls Chaeyoung on top of her. The two sealed their promise with a kiss. Jennie pulls away and takes off her black hair tie putting it around Chaeyoung’s wrist.

“I want you to keep this until I could get you that engagement ring.”

Jennie could have given Chaeyoung her ring, bracelet or even her necklace, so why did she give her just her hair tie? But Chaeyoung never wondered, nor that she cared and she crawled into the bed with her fiancé and they kiss good night.

Flashback
 

High School Library
 

Jennie is getting distracted with her hair falling all over her face as she tries to color the poster, when a scrawny arm hands her a black hair tie.
 

“Here fix your hair.”
 

“Thanks…” Jennie ties her hair “I’ll give it back to you tomorrow.”
 

“Keep it.”

End of flashback

And Jennie smiles as she looks at the same girl with those scrawny arms, sleeping in her embrace.

“I love you.”

Jennie kisses Chaeyoung on the forehead before drifting to sleep.

*
Meanwhile…

The two girls walk despondently after their first failed date.

“Ummm good night.”

“You too… night.” Seulgi stands there.

“Sorry if it was a horrible date.” It was barely audible but Seulgi heard every word of it.

“No, part of it was my fault too.” Irene nods and as about to step into her room.

“Hyunnie?”

“Umm… Yeah… let’s keep trying until we get it right.”

“But what if we never get it right, Seul?” Irene was scared to ask that question but she has to know where she stands.

“Then, we’ll just have to get used to being wrong.”
Irene smiles knowing that deep inside Seulgi have become her favorite mistake.