First Date

Neon

 

Joy scratches her head, her long legs making it hard for her to bend down and look.

“What are we looking for again?”

“My SIM card .” Jennie peeps in from the bushes.

“Why on Earth-” Jennie cuts her off before she could finish.

“Joy- I think it was the meds but when I imagine it, it look more romantic”

“Don’t seem more romantic now, huh?”

“I’m such a . Look, this is my plan I’m going to break up with her first, change my number then burn this sim card and throw the ashes of to the sea so she won’t know anything.”

“I don’t think that’s a good idea. Karma is a , you don’t want it to bite you in the .”

“Right now I don’t want to think about that. I’ll worry about it when I get there.”

“You’ll burn the bridge when you get there.”

“No, Joy, I’ll CROSS the bridge when I get there. HA!!! FOUND IT!!! Now all I need is to borrow Wendy’s extra phone, end this fake relationship and me and Chaeyoung are going to live happily ever after.”

*

Chaeyoung waited until Lisa went to shower before she started squealing her heart out. Chaeyoung? Squealing like a spazzing fan girl? Oh Gosh Jennie Kim, what are you doing to me? But here she was rolling around the bed as she remembers Jennie’s confession and their sweet kiss. Her moment was interrupted when her phone vibrated.

Wifey
Good morning hubby.

Chaeyoung takes a deep breath, this was it… it was time to end this and Chaeyoung thought it would be easier cause it was just in the text but now that she’s here, she don’t think she has the guts to. The feeling of getting dumped can kill you. Wifey no matter if it’s just in the text has become someone special to her.


Hubby

Morning. How are you doing today?

Jennie gulps as she reads the message, Although she knows the situation is much more different than anything else she have been; she knows how painful it is to get dumped. And she doesn’t want to hurt Chaeyoung. 

Wifey
Good. I dream of you last night.

Hubby
It’s unfair. you got to see how I look like while I don’t even know you. hmmmp. 

Wifey
I’ll feel bad for you if you see me, I’m so gorgeous that the moment you see me, you’ll never feel so insecure.

Chaeyoung chuckles loudly as she reads the text. She doesn’t want to admit it but her wifey is the only one who could make her laugh like that.

Hubby
Kekeke…

Wifey
No… I’m being serious. 

Hubby
So… ummm… Do you ever think about us?

Jennie takes a deep breath and whispers everyday to herself.

Wifey
I hardly do, so busy with school and stuff. Why?

Hubby
I met someone.

Wifey
Oh…

Hubby
Actually I met her in high school, we just saw each other again here in college and I thought I was over her, I really did but I wasn’t. She was my first love and she was the one who broke my heart but I’m willing to try again with her, I just… I just love her too much to not give us a chance. I’m so sorry for this. But I really did care about you, you help me move on but it’s not as much as I care about her. I hope you understand.

Wifey
I hope she makes you happy, the way I never can. take care.

Should Chaeyoung even reply?

*

“Chaeng?”

Chaeyoung pops her head out of the covers and sees Jennie blinking those worried dark brown puppy eyes.

“Are you ok?”

“I thought it would be easy but how come I felt like it’s killing me.”

“Ummm…ahhh…. Here, I got you something.”

Yoona look at the cute tumbler with a neon post it on it “I love you, Chaeng. your Jen.”

“What is it?” Chaeyoung takes a sip but before Jennie could answer her, Chaeyoung spits it out on Jennie’s face. “Oh my Gosh… I’m so sorry but that was really gross.”

“It’s ummm… Ma juice, I always feel better when I drink it, I didn’t thought you won’t like it.”

“I don’t,” Chaeyoung starts wiping off Jennie’s face.

“Sorry.”

“It’s ok, if I could have someone who could spit on my face, I’m glad it’s you… But please  don’t do it again.”

“I won’t, ” Chaeyoung kisses Jennie’s forehead in apology.

“So, Chaeyoung, are we like ummm… official now?”

Chaeyoung kisses Jennie in the lips,  “Does that answer your question?”

“So, Chaeng, I was thinking,  Would you like to go out on a date with me?”

*

“KYAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH”

“Sheesh Irene would you relax? I’m trying to get us out of here!” Seulgi tries to ignore the calls behind her as she tries to open the janitor’s closet.

“This is all your fault!”

“MY FAULT?! If you knew what a vacuum cleaner would have look like, I won’t have to come in here and look with you.”

“I know how a vacuum cleaner looks like!”

“Too late for that now, huh?”

“KYAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH”

*

“And then… after the fireworks, we're going to end our first date with an epic kiss.”

None of Jennie’s friends were paying attention to her. Lately, the girls were contemplating of jumping off the bridge than listen to Jennie’s cheesiness.

“Why can’t you just ask her out? Like normal people do?”

Oh wait… Now that Yeri thinks about it, there is nothing normal about Jennie in the first place.

“Hahaha… I’m sorry Yeri if your love life is just boring as hell, but romantic people like me, we don’t do what normal people do. We do over the top things for the ones that we love.”

“A romantic epic fail, that’s what you are… and I’m warning you Jen, if you’ll do this “date” that you’re planning it’s going to end up in an epic fail. I could already see it.”

“That hair of yours can make you see the future now?”

Yeri just shrugs and continues playing her game.

“Remember the way I roll and you are different. I’m a hopeless romantic, that’s how I roll, that’s how the Jennie Kim love train rolls.”

The Jennie Kim love train turns right smack into a child’s ice cream.

WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Her friends snicker in delight as they saw Jennie panic as she tries to pacify the screaming child.

“Ow! No need to kick me!!! I’ll buy you an ice cream again. Hell no I won’t buy you a toy!!! OW!!!!”

Why is Jennie arguing with a 6 year old boy? Her friends don’t even want to know.

*

“OW! Hyunnie! Does my face look like a freaking step to you?!”

It didn’t help the two girls situation that both of them wasn’t even taller than 5’5. If it was Joy, They could have already reached for the vent, climb out and away from each other.

TSeulgi grits her teeth as Irene’s keep on bouncing on her shoulder to reach for the vent.

“Are you sure this is going to work?”

“Don’t you watch movies, Seulgi? This is how people get out when they’re trap in a room."

Seulgi didn’t even want to look up, the girl was wearing a skirt. 

“I see London, I see France, I see Hyunnie’s striped-
OOOOFFFFF”

Irene kicks the girl in the face before she could finish what she was trying to say.

*

Jennie’s POV

I’m sweating like a pig. I wipe my forehead with my hand and then wipe my hand on my jeans. What am I doing here? I should have picked her up! OMG! I’m such a fail! I hit my head on the table when I feel the café door rings and there she was… breathtaking as ever.

“Hi”

I tried to sound confident, Chaeyoung bites her lip to hide her smile, she reaches out to my forehead and takes out the napkin glued to my forehead with my sweat.

“Hi to you too. ”

I try to chuckle coolly. 

“Hello, I’m your waitress for tonight, Yeri.  How are you girls doing tonight?

Yeri is actually a great waitress, maybe if she stops playing her DS and starts working, her life would have more meaning.

“We're doing good. ”

“Great! May I start you off with some drinks?”

“Ice tea please” Chaeyoung smiles

“Water, really cold water. ”

 the place was quiet too quiet. I begged Chanyeol to close for tonight so I could have the place just for me and Chaeyoung. Of course that means I have to work for free for the next month, but as I look at Chaeyoung and how beautiful she looks. I smiled, I could clean toilets, cook whatever, she’s so worth it. I look at the counter and sees Yeri pushing me to talk to her.

“So? umm… how’s school going?”

“It’s good.  We got a chapter test next week for math.”

“Well… if you like maybe we could ummm… study together?” A study date. 

“I think I’ll be too distracted, but yeah we could. We could help each other out.” She smiles happily.

Me, help you? I don’t even know what 7 x 8 is. 
Then, the girls turn around as they hear someone taps in the microphone. I started coughing at the sight of Joy up in there. What the hell is Joy thinking?!

“This song is dedicated to the queen of my bestfriend’s heart, the beautiful Park Chaeyoung.  There is no song that could express Jennie’s undying love for you than this, Enjoy lovers…”

 

Jennie’s eyes widened as she sees Joy and Jisoo up on stage. Joy clears and closes her eyes as if she was ready to give a Grammy award winning performance.

“Rah-rah-ah-ah-ah
Roma-roma-mamaa
Ga- Ga- ooh-lala…

“PFFFTTTT” Jennie spits out her drink as Sooyoung and Jisoo begins singing and robot dancing to bad romance. Then Joy’s point to Chaeyoung.

Jen wants your bad romance

“What the Fukc?!”

You know that Jen wants you
You know that Jen needs you
Jen wants your bad, bad romance…

Chaeyoung purse her lips to keep herself from laughing…

Jen wants your loving, Jenwants your revenge
You and Jen could write a bad romance…

That time Chaeyoung burst out with laughter at Joy’s ad lib much to Jennie’s chagrin. Jennie wished for one second that she’s Cyclops from X-men so she could blast laser beams at the idiots up in the stage.

Jen wants your love and
Jen wants your revenge
Jen wants your love
She doesn’t want to be friends…

Jennie buries her head in her hand wishing for all this humiliation to end…

Jen doesn’t want to be friends
NO SHE DOESN’T WANNA BE FRIENDS!!!!
JEN DOESN’T WANT TO BE FRIENDS!!! Joy screeched as she sings…

Then, Joy and Jisoo points at Chaeyoung.
JEN WANTS YOUR BAD ROMANCE!!!!

Jennie starts banging her head on the table, wishing it could make her unconscious so she doesn’t have to see Chaeyoung’s reaction.

*

Jennie storms at the kitchen catching Joy tasting what she and Chaeyoung were suppose to eat.

“Sorry, I just get hungry after a concert.”

“Joy, you get hungry in your sleep.  What the hell just happen there?”

“I know, right?” Joy smiles happily as if she did Jennie a favor. “So, what do you think about it, dude? I ad lib some parts so it’s more personal.”

“Joy!!! Even Lady Gaga would think you’re weird!!! Where the hell is Seulgi and Wendy? They’re suppose to be the one singing.”

“Well, we wish we know but they’re kinda in dispose right now But look at the bright side, Jen.” Joy slaps Jennie’s hunched back. “Those two are probably going to sing some puke inducing love song and with this guys and girls serenading her with cheesy songs.  I’m sure, Chaeyoung is so tired of that. But how many people have actually sing and dance for her? Huh? Huh?”

“And if you listen to the lyrics Jen, you’ll realize that it has a good meaning… And it kinda relates to both of you with this girl on girl thing going on, You two are caught in a bad romance.”

“Yup, Jisoo is right, If I were Chaeyoung I would tear of my clothes and just lay on the table and scream, TAKE ME, TAKE Me JENNIE KIM!!!”

Jennie points at her bestfriend but decided not to argue.  She will deal with her later…

*

“Sorry about that…”

Chaeyoung smiles and shakes her head.

“Are you kidding me? That was funny.”

“Funny wasn’t really what I was gunning for but I guess I could take it.”

It was quite normal for a few minutes but the two should know, normal isn’t how their relationship is going to be. Chaeyoung suddenly drops her fork…

“Oh my God, Jen, are you ok?”

Jennie stops scratching her face and turns to Chaeyoung, wondering why the girl sound so worried.

“It’s just a mosquito bite I think.” Jennie loosens up her collar, why was it suddenly so hot in here?

“No, Jen. I think it’s something more than that.”

“OMO” Jennie covers her nose “Do I have a booger?”

“It’s worse than that too…”

Jennie rushes into the bathroom…

“AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!”

*
Jennie shakes her head in frustration and she wonders what she was in her past life? Was she a serial killer? A blood thirsty gangster? What?! Why is all this sheyt happening in her present life?

“Jen?”

“No Chaeng… Don’t look at me…”

“Awww… my baby” Chaeyoung cradles the sniffling Jennie in her arms. Chaeyoung realizes that dating Jennie would almost feel like she was taking care of a toddler. It’s a good thing she likes kids.

“Waaahhh… Chaeng, I look like a puffer fish.” She really did with her bloated face. 

Chaeyoung lays her lip on Jennie’s forehead. “Well, I think puffer fish are cute.”

Chaeyoung really didn’t think they were but if they look anything like her Jennie Kim, then maybe they do.

*

Jennie and her crew waited outside the clinic as Chaeyoung went to get her medicine in the pharmacy.

“You know Jen, if you become a rapper, we could call you Puff Jennie.”

Here goes Joy and her bad sense of humor again.

“Get it? Puff Daddy? Puff Jennie? Eh, eh?”
Jennie didn’t have the strength to argue.

“I guess my hair does give me visions.” Yeri snickers
triumphantly. 

Jennie puts her hand on her temples and closes her eyes. “I can also see visions too, I see that Yeri is going to be smack in the face if she doesn’t shut up.”

Yeri snickers as Jennie growls back. 

“I told you dude, you should have let me test the food, if you did… I would be like hold up! You can’t eat that bestie, it got shrimp in it.”

“Didn’t you read the menu, Jen?”

“I did but I just look at the grilled chicken part, I didn’t read further on the smothered in sauce with shrimp and crawfish tails.”

Jisoo, Yeri and Joy just sighs heavily at Jennie as she add another to her list of epic fails.

“Jen?”

The girls felt they suddenly went gay as they look at Chaeyoung walking towards them. How can someone as unlucky as Jennie land a dream girl like Chaeyoung? Maybe it was God’s way of making up for making Jennie the epic fail that she is.

“Chaeng.”

Jennie quickly sticks next to the girl, fearing the second that she let go Chaeyoung would realize she made a huge mistake for dating a joke.

“I got what the doctor prescribe for your allergy. Unnie? Is it ok if I take Jennie home?”

“Fine by us”

“Keep her and don’t bring her back.” 

Chaeyoung laughs as she and Jennie went ahead,  But not before Jennie turns around and sticks her tongue out at her friends.

*

Wendy almost jumps back at the sight of Jennie’s face.

“Jennie, what happen to you?”

“I ate some seafood.”

“I thought you are allergic to seafood?”

“You think I don’t know that?” Jennie points to her bloated face.

“Where are you going?”

“I’m getting the girls, were going to have a search party for Seulgi and Irene.”

Speaking of Irene and Seulgi.

*
“Sometimes you gotta be bold"

“What’s that?”

“That’s a lyric to a Red Velvet song. ”

Seulgi and Irene decided to play guess what Red Velvet song, Irene was at the end of the losing stick.

“Oh c’mon! You can say more than that…”

“If you are a true REVELUV that you claim to be, you will know in a snap what song is that.”

“Fine… I’m not a diehard fan as you are. tell me some other words in that song.”

“Just Rock”

“Now, you’re just really trying to piss me off.”

“The...”

“You’re just saying words.”

How come Seulgi didn’t realize how fun it is to annoy Irene? “World”

“I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU!”

“Boo-yah”

“HAPPINESS!!!” Irene screams as if she just found out the cure to world hunger “I knew it! haha… from the first time you said Sometimes you gotta be bold…”

Seulgi rolls her eyes and decided not to argue while Irene is celebrating her win.

“Now it’s your turn.”

“My turn?”

“Yeah… sing a Red Velvet song and I’ll try to guess what it is”

“Dun wanna…”
“Why because you’re scared I’m going to beat you? Ms. I’m a big Red Velvet fan.”

“Cause I am!!! It’s not my fault, I happen to be competing with Red Velvet’s biggest fan.”

“C’mon just sing, with the way you shriek, I bet you can sing.”

“I can’t…”

“There is no one here but us. ”

“You’ll make fun of me…”

“I won’t. I’m scared of you. So, I won’t make fun of you.” Seulgi jokes…

“ARGH… fine…” Irene takes a deep breaths.

Baseurakgeorin soksagim hyeokkeute maejhin
Hogisim tto pyeolchyeobojanha gunggeumhaejinikka

Seulgi knew the song the moment Irene sing the first line but something inside of Seulgi made her not say anything. But she doesn’t want to ruin the moment, Irene’s voice seems to make her forget the things that always seem to worry her.

Who would have thought that Irene had it in her? A voice that could calm Seulgi’s nerves?

And as Irene continues singing, even if they’re covered in dust, sweating and locked up in that janitor’s closet. it doesn’t seem to matter anymore, both girls seem to silently agree that they were contented where they were.

Stuck on you ne gyeote yeah [x3]

*

Chaeyoung waited until Jenniefinally went to sleep. The girl must be exhausted and there is nothing Chaeyoung wanted to do than wipe away the scrunch look on Jennie's brows but when she was about to touch the sleeping girl's face, Jennie turns and sticks her tongue out at her.

"What the?" Chaeyoung grits her teeth is the girl trying to make fun of her?

Chaeyoung creeps closer and ready to pinch that tongue back...

"EEEEEHHHHH" Jennie yelps as someone pinch her tongue. She is breathing heavily and she sees Chaeyoung looking back at her.

"What happen Jen?"

"I dont know... i think I had a bad dream or something."

"Awww... my baby, " Chaeyoung hugs Jennie while giggling like crazy deep inside.

"Chaeng?"

"Yes Jen? OW!!!!!!" Chaeyoung rubs her forehead on the spot where Jennie flicks it

"Serves you right for messing up with my sleep!!!"

Chaeyoung smacks her arm but Jennie retaliates and smacks back… Soon, the girls are immersed in a boxing match until Jennie starts tickling her.

“Surrender!”

“No! I won’t lose to you.”

“Then, you leave me no choice but to tickle you to death.”

Chaeyoung burst out laughing but then… Jennie felt her heart skip a beat and her breath hinge as she stared at Chaeyoung, the girl was absolutely breathtaking. Chaeyoung’s eyes darted on those red lips- those gorgeous red lips- before she stared back at Jennie’s eyes.

Chaeyoung closes her eyes in anticipation as she felt Jennie leans closer to her.

“Puff Jennie?”

Damn you Joy and your ing skills.

Jennie thudded face flat next to Chaeyoung. The girls raise their brows mischievously as they see Jennie on top of Chaeyoung in bed.

"Oh, are you two flossing each other with your tongues?" Yeri says playfully.

"SHUT UP YOU !"

"PILLOW FIGHT!!!!"