A Jealous Jennie is not a Smart Jennie

Neon

 

 

No,no, no, no more tomorrow
No, no, no, no more tomorrow…
Baby there’s no, no, no, no more (No more) tomorrow
Til you come back, everyday is yesterday
No more tomorrow, everyday is yesterday without Chaeyoung…

Press skip

SKIP

Every night I’ll be with you
Do you love her? Do you love her?
Every night I’ll be with you, Chaeyoung…
Do you love Chaeyoung? Do you love Chaeyoung?

Press skip

SKIP

Listen to my heartbeat… it’s beating for you
Listen to my heartbeat… it’s waiting for you…
Listen to my heartbeat… its beating for Chaeng…
Listen to my heartbeat… it’s waiting for Chaeng…
What the hell???!!!!!

Jennie rips her headphones off her ears and huffs a frustrated sigh to the ceiling. Why does every song in Kpop remind her of that chipmunk girl?

*

Chaeyoung’s face turn into a deep scowl as she sees her inbox flooded with texts from every boy and girl trying to vie for her attention, but nothing from the idiotic black haired girl.

*
Flashback

Jennie scrunches those brows, her small eyes disappearing into a deep frown. She doesn’t like what she was seeing. She doesn’t like it at all.

“Joy! Joy! Joy!”

Jennie pulls Joy next to her and out of nowhere just burst out laughing. This was the thing that Joy feared the most, that Jennie finally losing those screws in her head.

“Dude, did you finally lose it or something?”

“No, Joy, you got to pretend that we're having like a great conversation.”

“Huh? But we're not.”

“Look, Chaeyoung is over there talking with Baekhyun and Kyungsoo , I don’t want her to see that I’m like desperately waiting for her here.”

“But you are like desperately waiting for her here.”

“Yes! But she doesn’t have to know that!” Jennie snarls at the uncooperative Joy.

“Gosh dude, you are like obsess with the girl.”

Jennie takes a deep breath, it’s rare for Joy to be right but this time she was right on the spot.

“I am… for the first time I’m jealous over someone and I can’t help it, Joy. I don’t think I could make it if someone takes Chaeyoung away from me. She’s coming, she’s coming.”

It’s amazing how the two could switch from lovestruck girls to girls laughing about completely nothing.

“Jen?”

“Chaeyoung, my love,” And Jennie clings to her girl like a koala to its eucalyptus tree.

“Were you waiting for me?”

“Ummm… no, it’s just that Joy here has this major major crush on Baekhyun.”

Joy groans but decided to go along with it “Yup I do,
I’m into guys who loves eyeliner”

“So, yeah. she was wondering what you guys were talking about?”

“Oh, yeah.  He and Kyungsoo oppa are like the chair for the school festival and they ask me to perform.”

“WHAT?!” Chaeyoung and Jennie jump up from Joy’s outburst.

“Me and Jisoo have auditioned for that and they just ask you?”

“Well, if you like, I could tell oppa about you and unnie.”

Joy’s eyes brighten at the thought. “REALLY?! You will do that?”

“After seeing you guys perform to bad romance, I don’t think anyone is more talented than you guys.”

“I know, right?” Joy giggles cutely. “One step closer to Mino.”

“Wait… Mino is performing?”
“Of course, He’s going to be big!!!”

Chaeyoung face turns into a scowl when she remembers the mohawk with his grimy hands all over her girl.

"Remember Jen, you said before that Mino is the only guy who can make you like straight?”

Jennie tried to send Joy a telepathic message to shut up, unfortunately Chaeyoung already heard every word of it.

“You did?”

“Ummm… it was a joke.” It wasn’t but Chaeyoung don’t need to know that.

Even when pissed Chaeyoung look cute, but that didn’t mean that Jennie wasn’t scared, cause seeing Chaeyoung pissed ,makes Jennie scared shtless.

“It’s a bad joke.” Chaeyoung growls. 

“I know my love. Gong Yoo is the only guy who could make me straight and chances of that happening is like never." Jennie's laugh came out more like awkward grunt. “So, who’s hungry?”

*

“This is it, Yeri. my chance with Wendy.”

“Whatever you say.” Yeri says without looking up from her DS

“When she hears my voice then maybe she’ll realize that wow, I think I love Seulgi.” Seulgi and her delusional ideas of love.

“Oh, so it’s like the little mermaid, prince Eric fell in love with Ariel because of her voice. Is that how you want it to be, Seul? Wendy noticing you because of your voice?”

Seulgi frowns at Yeri’s lack of support “Well, I’ll grab every chance I get. ”

“Seulgi.”

“Kyungsoo oppa, Hi.”

“I don’t know how to say this but ummm… We don’t have a slot for you for the festival, you’re a great singer and all but we don’t know where to fit you.”

“Oh… it’s ok.” It wasn’t but what could Seulgi do?

“If you want Seulgi, you could work behind the scenes with us, we always needed extra help."

Help, he means a slave. The word No was at the tip of Seulgi’s tongue but the second she sees her ultimate one rehearsing she quickly change her mind.

“I’ll do it.”

*

“BUT MOM! The new phone you gave me can’t even take pictures!!!”

“You want pictures? Get a camera!”

“Mom please. You don’t want me to be that loser who has the prehistoric phone in college, do you?”

“Jennie, I’ll give you a choice, I’ll send you the latest Iphone and make your brother and sister beg in the street for food? Or you keep that phone and have your sister and brother eat three times a day? You pick.”

It’s not even a choice. “The phone?”

“JENNIE KIM!!!!”

“Fine, fine. I was joking.” No, she wasn’t.

From the other line she could hear her mom sighs heavily “Ok, look, your dad said that you need to learn about responsibility. What’s going to happen if me and your dad won’t be around? How are you going to support yourself?”

“I’ll sell Dahyun and Soojoo for food?”

“JENNIE!!!”

“JK Mom, JK.”

“Ok, let’s make a deal if you make half or maybe ¼ of how much an Iphone cost then I’ll send you enough money to buy yourself one.”

“YOU WOULD?! MOM, Did I ever say you are like so awesome?”

“Save it, Jen.”

*

“A mascot?”

“It’s an honorable job.”

“I’m not saying it’s not. What I’m trying to say is that well maybe yeah I work like in the register or something?”

“You have to earn your way to work in the register.” The manager said with conviction and much to Jennie’s irritation.

“Right now you as the newest member of the proud Chicken House fastfood family, you have to work yourself from the bottom of the food chain and prove yourself worthy of being the face of Chicken house.”

*

Behind the obese chicken mascot is a very hot and pissed off Jennie Kim.

“JENNIE!!! DON’T JUST STAND THERE! DO WHAT I PAY YOU TO DO!!!”

It’s a good thing that all Jennie could do is raised her chicken wing or else her manager would fire her for giving him the middle finger.

“What the?”
She didn’t know if it was the heat that was making her hallucinate but right now, she’s seeing HER GIRLFRIEND with Taehyung walking in the café
across the street. The two settled in a cozy outdoor table.

“I’m right here in a stupid chicken mascot and she’s having lunch with somebody else?!”

People passing by was surprise at the chicken throwing a fit in the middle of the street.

*
*

Jennie didn’t make it to her dorm room when she takes out her cheap cellphone and starts pounding the keyboard.

“SCREW YOU!!! YOU CHEATER!!!! I HOPE YOU AND YOUR BOYFRIEND LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER!!!”

Jennie gulps as she reads the message. She realizes that she needed to avoid Irene because she was starting sound like a freaking psychotic. Yuri may not be a relationship expert but she knows that the best way to deal with it, is to do what girls do best.

The silent treatment…

From: Cheating girlfriend
<3

8 minutes later…

From: Cheating girlfriend
?

11 minute later…

From: Cheating girlfriend
Jennie?

25 minutes later

From: Cheating girlfriend
Look, is there something wrong?

32 minutes later

From: cheating girlfriend
Hey… if something is bothering you just tell me, don’t ignore me like this.

1 hr and 13 minutes later

From: Cheating girlfriend
That’s how you want to play Jennie Kim, then it’s on.

*
“Hey dude, DUDE!!!” Joy poke the lump underneath the blankets. Yeri seeing that the easy method didn’t work, she decided to step up.

“I’ll handle this.”

“OFFFFF. Yeri get the heck of me!!!” Jennie tries to push off the 100 pound of cuteness of her.

“NO! You expect us to feel sorry for you and bring you ice cream and a hug?”

“Hmmm? That will be nice.”

“HECK NO!!! Were not that type of friends.”

“Then, get out of my room.”

“Dude, Chaeyoung’s been asking about you.  Don’t think too much about it, They’re just going to do a performance together for the festival.”

“That’s what people think, but the only performance Taehyung is interested is in… AAAARRRRGGGHHHH… I can’t believe that
guy, didn’t he just dated Irene? Now he’s bothering Chaeyoung again.”

“Hey! Snap out of it” Jisoo snaps back “You know Chaeyoung is like the face of this school and Taehyung is this  guy that everyone thinks is so handsome. So, Kyungsoo thinks it’s cool to pair them up. that’s all there is to it.”

" Chaeyoung is mine and I’m not going to let Taehyung get my GIRL!” Jennie groans and plops in defeat in her bed.

“Jen, you’re over reacting. No one is trying to steal Chaeyoung away from you.”

“Except Tae…” Evil Yeri is evil

“WAAAAHHHH...”

“Anyways, They are like doing this kinda skit. The storyline is that they were fighting and so he tries to woo her back by you know dancing and singing…”

“How is it going to end? Are they going to-”

“Kiss?”

“NOOOOO!!!!” Jennie could feel her whole world falling apart, ok, not really but pretty close to that. “Can’t he just die in the end to make it more romantic?”

“Jen, don’t tell me you’re jealous.”

“Ok I won’t,” Jennie crosses her arms and growls…

“Maybe this is it, Jen. your karma for every girl’s heart that you broke, this is the payback that each of those girls wanted."

Jennie sighs heavily, She guess payback really is a .

*

Lately, all Jennie could ever do is frown…
Those laughs, those gazes. She might think its cute if it’s some other couple, but not when its that guy and her girl. HER CHAEYOUNG…

“I’m so glad you took the offer to do the skit for the festival, Chaeyoung-shii.”

“Well it’s a fun experience. Although the practices can get tiring, I enjoy it.”

“You should think of being an actress, you are pretty good. As you can tell I get nervous when I act but it seems like when I do it with you, I just feel so comfortable.”

“You’ll be comfortable inside a coffin, Kim Taehyung.”

Jennie was about to jump off the bushes but Joy and Jisoo hold the girl off before she made a scene.

“Relax dude. Chaeyoung won’t like it if you just jump off the bushes and attack the guy.”

“Fine! I won’t attack him, I should just call the police cause he’s trespassing all over MY property.”

Joy sighs heavily for her bestfriend, she guess love has worse effects than being crazy. She cup Jennie’s shoulders and look intently at those worried dark brown eyes. “Look, think about it this way, out of all the people she could pick out of her legion of ChaeyoungNation, she chose an utter epic fail like you. If that ain’t love, then I don’t know what is.”

Jennie couldn’t help but frown, is this her bestfriend’s way of comforting her? “Is that supposed to make me feel better?”

“Think of it this way, she doesn’t like you because you’re hot and good in bed like some other people say, she still keep coming back to you even if you act like an idiot over and over and over again. That’s saying something right there.”

“I heard Taehyung is good in bed too.”

“NOOOOO…”

Jisoo tries to pull Jennie before Joy pass out from getting choked to death.

“Jen?”

Joy fell to the ground with a thud when Chaeyoung just caught Jennie doing something idiotic again.

“Hello, Chaeng baby,” Laugh now, Jennie, cause Chaeyoung will make you cry later.

“See you later, dude.”

“Laterz…”

Joy and Jisoo pats the poor Jennie sympathetically and left her high and dry to defend herself from her very pissed off girlfriend.

“So, Jennie, why are you behind the bushes?” Chaeyoung crosses her arms and gives you a stern look.

“Cause I’m not in front of it?”

“JEN!” That’s it! Chaeyoung stomps her foot in irritation and walks out. It was rare that the sarcastic-always-has-a-comeback for everything Park Chaeyoung would just walk away. It could only mean one thing, that she was so pissed off that no words could ever express how she feels.

“Chaeng” Jennie races to catch up with Chaeyoung.

“YOU! YOU! Are taking it too far, Kim! For the whole week, you ignore my texts then I’ll just catch and your sidekicks stalking me. It’s just a skit for God’s sake but you’re acting like I’m seeing someone else behind your back and I’m not!”

“It’s just that I’m jealous Chaeyoung. When Joy and them were telling me about the performance I already went apesh!t, so imagine if I would have seen it. It would have killed me, Chaeng.”

“It’s only for show, Jen. Are you going to act like this every time I get closer to somebody else? What if we have kids?! Are you going to be jealous with the time I spend with them too?”

Jennie smile at the thought of her and Chaeyoung making babies, but Chaeyoung’s low growl quickly brought Jennie back to reality.

“Ummm… yes?”

“WRONG ANSWER!”

“UMMM no?”

Chaeyoung finally sighs in defeat, there was no use arguing with an idiot. “You know what?” Chaeyoung groans “Just don’t Jen… Don’t explain yourself, I’m tired of it.”

“Look, I know it’s just a skit but why does he have to hang out with you all the time?”

“He’s just being nice.”

“He’s being nice for a reason and you know that.”

“No, I don’t. You have to realize Jen that not every nice person has a motive. They’re not like you who’s nice because they want to get inside someone’s pants.”

“HEY!” Jennie says angrily. Here was Jennie trying to prove herself to be a loyal girlfriend and all Chaeyoung does is uses her past as ammo against her.

“Oh, did I strike a sensitive subject there, Jen?”

“”  Jennie groans under her breath before walking away for the first time.

*

End of flashback…

Chaeyoung groans and puts her cellphone back in her pocket. When the sound of a sweet voice made her look up.

“Chaeyoung?”

“Ummm… yes? Wendy unnie?”

“Is it ok if we talk?”

Wendy excuses herself from her practice. The two girls sat down the steps. Although the two knew pretty much everything about each other because of Jennie, the two never really had a chance to get to know each other personally.

“Are you going to talk to me about her?”

“Yeah… I know,” Chaeyoung sighs heavily.

“Look, I know you might think that Jennie doesn’t care anymore cause she doesn’t text or anything but she’s… she’s miserable right now, she has Tablo song tomorrow on repeat and don’t get me wrong, I’m a big fan of Tablo and Taeyang’s abs but when Joy sings to Taeyang's part and Jennie starts rapping, it’s worse than that rapper from the boyband. If you want Jennie to live one more day before I strangle her to death then you two need to work it out.”

“I don’t know what to do unnie. It’s like we fight then make up, fight then make up. It’s like we're stuck in this cycle.”

“But you always find a way to make things work, that’s the important thing. Blame her love for you for this, you know you mean the world to her, that she doesn’t even think twice of doing anything even if she looks like a complete dumb@ss cause for her it’s worth it. You’re worth it.”

“I don’t know.”


“Make it work again, Chaeyoung, you know even if she’s the biggest idiotic dork in this world, she still means the world to you too.”

“Wendy.. your turn.”

“I got to go. Think about what I said, Chaeyoung.”

 

And just when Seulgi thinks it was her chance to finally get notice by Wendy, here was the world again, making her its . So, as Wendy and Irene practices for their duet, the only thing Seulgi could do is watch Wendy just like she always does.

*

The whole campus is buzzing, everyone who is someone in their school is going to perform for the festival and no one wants to be that dork who is like 10 minutes ago in what’s happening in the school.
But while everyone is heading out to the auditorium, Jennie preferred to just stay in the campus school grounds, away from everyone, especially chipmunk and that guy.

“Jen?” Joy turns away from biting her cupcake and sits beside her distress buddy.

“I miss Chaeng, Joy.”

“Awww… Jen, it’s ok, dude. Here, we can share my cupcake.”

You know Joy really cares about someone when she shares her food with them, and Jennie is one of the special ones that Joy would go hungry for.

“Here… you can have the bigger piece.”

“No, thank you, Joy.”

“Are you sure? Because once you say no, you can’t take it back.”

“Yeah, I’m ok, thanks buddy.”

“Ok… you sure? cause I’m…” Joy put the cupcake in  “Going once, going twice” And the cupcake disappeared in Joy’s mouth “It’s gone.”
Jennie laughs.

“We don’t need to watch Chaeyoung if you don’t think you can handle it, Jen. Jisoo just downloaded some new movies in her make me so folder, so you know what that means. We can watch it if you like, dirty movies always seem to brighten up your day.”

“No… I’m ok, truth is, I want to watch the show. I want to support Chaeyoung even if she’s around that boy but I don’t know if she still wants to talk to me though, and if she ignores me again that will be like the biggest heart break.”

“Well, there is always one way to find out, right?” Joy stretches her long legs and stare at the sky. She never really get the chance to admire the stars so she’s grabbing her chance now.

“You always tell me before that you don’t want to get into relationships because you don’t want to put all this effort and time over someone. But here you are in a relationship with Chaeyoung. So, if Chaeyoung is worth getting in a relationship with, maybe she’s worth getting a heartbreak over too.” Joy smiles at her bestfriend “You just have to try Jen, until there’s nothing left anymore.”

Jennie smiles back and look up in the sky “Joy?”

“Yup?”

“I don’t usually tell you this but I don't know what I'm going to do without you, Joy. You mean the to me.”

“Sh!t? Like diarrhea or something?”

Jennie groans... “No, I mean… I may not tell you this all the time but thanks, You’re the best.”

“Yes, I’m like the 2ne1 song, I’m the best,” Joy grins goofily “Now, let’s go get your girl.”

*

Chaeyoung takes a deep breath, she has been performing on the stage since she was 5 but her nerves still has a way to take over her.

“Hey…”

“Oh oppa… hello,”

“You’ll do fine,” Taehyung smiles, squeezing the girl lightly on the shoulders.

“Thanks.”
“Look, Chaeyoung-shii, if it makes you feel better how about we grab some coffee after?” Irene likes it, so it doesnt hurt to try with Chaeyoung too...

No, it doesn’t “It’s ok Taehyung oppa. I think I’ll be tired so I’ll just go home after.”

Chaeyoung steps on the stage and scans the crowd for that familiar face. She sighs heavily and looks down and takes one last deep breath before stepping into her character.

"PARK CHAEYOUNG I LOVE YOU!!!!!”

And she doesn’t need to look up to see who it was, she could perfectly tell who that husky, dorky voice belongs to. She smiled at the cute  girl sitting up front, waving her handmade I love Park Chaeyoung 4ever neon poster.

Jennie was cheering loudly during the whole performance that the usher has to approach her…

“Excuse me miss, you are being too loud.”

“Oh… I’m sorry.”
The usher turns away…

“PARK CHAEYOUNG I LOVE YOU!!!!!”
The usher quickly snaps his head back at the girl blinking those puppy eyes at him.

“It wasn’t me.”

*

Seulgi almost drop the box when she sees Irene storming towards her…

“SEULGI!”

“Hyunnie?”

Irene puts the microphone on Seulgi’s hand.

“You know the lyrics to every line of our song, so, go out there and have this duet with her.” Irene explains everything in one breath.

“Are you going nuts? I can’t do this!”

“Yes you can! This is your chance with Wendy, grab it before I change my mind.”

“But what about you?”

Since when did Irene ever thought of herself nowadays?

“Don’t worry about me… just go, Go Seulgi.”
Seulgi smiles happily and nods…

“Hyunnie?”

“What?”

“Someday I’ll pay you back.” Seulgi runs back to the stage.

Irene scoffs “Yeah… maybe in another life.”

*

Wendy looks surprise to see Seulgi instead of Irene.
“Where’s Irene?”

“Ummm… well,” Seulgi starts stammering, wondering if this was really a good idea but Wendyy’s smile reassured her that everything will just be fine.

“It’s ok, Irene told me you’re a great singer.”

“She did?”

“Yeah… she knows you better than you think, Seulgi. C’mon, let’s go.”

*

As much as Irene knows that the performance of the two will probably blow everyone away, she decided to step out of that auditorium before her heart starts to take over her senses again. She smiles as she remembers the lyrics to her supposed to be duet.

I lose my way
And it's not too long before you point it out
I cannot cry
Because I know that's weakness in your eyes
I'm forced to fake, a smile, a laugh
Every day of my life
My heart can't possibly break
When it wasn't even whole to start with

It’s funny how some songs just hit you were its supposed to hurt…

Because of you…

*
Lisa went home for the weekend and Chaeyoung could have wished that she wouldn't have to spend the weekend alone. She lays the bouquet that she receive from everyone in her bed, she looks through every card and couldn't help but feel disappointed when she didn't see the name that she wished to have given her one.

Knock. knock.knock.

"Coming." Chaeyoung pushes herself up and smiles. And there was the idiot- her idiot with those puppy eyes kneeling in front of her. Jennie takes Chaeyoung's hand then places it on her chest. Oh no, Chaeyoung could already foresee it. Here goes Jennie and her dorky ways of showing her love.

"Chaeng?"

"Jen?"

"Can you feel my heartbeat?"

"Don't rap, don't rap, don't rap."
Of course Chaeyoung's pleas went to deaf ears because when Jennie is on a roll, there is just no stopping her.

Ijeuryeogo amuri noryeokhaebwado
Saeroun saramdeureul amuri mannabwado
Gyesok dasi tto dasi doraseomyeon wae nisaenggangman naneunji

Chaeyoung purse her lips as Jennie starts rapping and doing chest pumps better than that guy.

"Stop. stop."
Chaeyoung pulls Jennie up and took her to her room. Jennie pulls the flower pot that she hides in the corner.

“Ummm… for you” the two exchange, Chaeyoung switches the flowers for the flower pot with Jennie.

“A flower pot?”

“Umm… well, those flowers that your fans gave you, they’re going to die in a few weeks or something but my flower plant won’t… Well” Jennie scratches her head trying to think about it“Well, actually they’ll die too, if you don’t take care of it. But…it’s kinda like us, Chaeng if we don’t make the effort to take care of it, we’ll eventually die. But I’m not going to let that happen Chaeng, I’m going to put my every effort, my every time to make sure we’ll survive. ”

And just when Chaeyoung thought she run out of reasons to make it work, here was Jennie Kim making her fall helplessly again.

“Come here,” But before Jennie could respond, Chaeyoung puts down the flower pot and quickly replaces it with Jennie in her arms.

“You forgive me, Chaeng?”

Chaeyoung looks up from Jennie’s shoulder and smiles.

“Just kiss me and we’ll call it even.”
Jennie smiles and leans closer for a kiss to earn Chaeyoung’s forgiveness.

"BLACKPINK IN YOUR A-

"OH GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!" Jennie takes out her phone. "WHAT JOY?!!!" Chaeyoung smiles as Jennie answers the phone in frustration...

"WAAAAHHHH... dude, emergency! I'm hungry and I run out of cup noodles."

"Wake Jisoo up."

"You know her, she goes home almost every weekend to see her boyfriend.'m so lonely, lonely, lonely," Joy sings to 2NE1 hit "How would you feel if you see in the news and saw that I got ?"

Jennie roll her eyes "And you feel like someone is going to you?"

"WAAAAAAAHHHHHHH..."

"ALRIGHT!!! Geez. I'll be there."

"See yah!"

Jennie groans in frustration but immediately smile when she sees Chaeyoung smiling amusingly at her. Jennie plants a soft kiss on Chaeyoung's forehead and intertwine their hands together.

"Let's go out and celebrate, my girl."