Reminiscing the " un-reminiscible"

Neon

 

“And who’s that?”

Joy, Jennie's bestfriend for life with a bottomless pit as a stomach asks as she stuff with chips. The two were on their way back to their dorm after a whole morning of enrolling for our first semester of sophomore in college.

“Ummm Nayeon?”

“WHA-?” Joy's mouth was gaping open that Jennie could see the crumbs in , not a pretty sight.

“Why? She’s hot.”

“I know she is, but I never knew she swings that way.”

“She doesn’t. We're just… you know… playing around.”

“Playing around… hmmp,” Joy stayed quiet, the only noise are the constant crushing of chips in .“You know what? the Avengers should base a superhero out of you.”

Jennie raised her brow in confusion, sometimes the girl could come up with the most bizarre conversation starters.

“Turning the straightest girl gay… it’s super Jennie!!!”
 

Jennie could only roll her eyes from the lowkey insult. She believes she doesn’t make people gay for her, she just make some girls curious. In college isn’t that like a thing you try to do? Like a bucket list or something? Have some hot girl on girl action? And in this university, SHE IS THAT HOT THING (it’s not
bragging if it’s real).

“Ey! Seulgi text, she wants us to go to blackvelvet cafe for lunch.”

“Can’t." Joy answered "My cousin is here, I have to guide her and her bestfriend to the ways of college life.”

The shorter girl had to hold out a scoff, “Wait… your mom actually trust you with her? Isn’t she like more responsible than you?”

“That’s before! We're in college now! My experience have turn me into this matu-" Before Joy could fully defend herself, she caught sight of one thing that caught her attention. "OMO!!! It’s the ice cream truck!”

“What?”

Next thing Jennie sees is her bestfriend shoving people to get up front for an ice cream. If she could die from first hand embarrassment she would have already.

“Hmmm… I’m confuse should I get the rocky road or ice cream sandwich? Oh what the hell! I’ll get both.”

While Jennie waited for Joy make a life changing decision on which ice cream to buy, her thoughts went back to their previous convo about her cousin and immediately, Jennie felt her blood pressure raised.  She always wonder why Lisa (Joy’s cousin), innocent and kind as she is would hang around with an idiot like Park Chaeyoung.  Maybe because they have been buddies since birth and know each other’s flaws, but Chaeyoung is just a whole person of flaw. Jennie knew her from high school and couldn’t believe someone as dumb as her could make it to college, but oh well… They must be right, money talks and since her parents are super-duper loaded, they probably paid our university to accept her stupid .

If anyone is wondering why Jennie just has so much hate for this girl, no worries, she has no problems telling anyone who is willing to listen.

****************FLASHBACK*********************
Jennie remembers it like it was yesterday...

Ok, that was a lie, she didn’t remember it that well. Heck, she doesn’t even remember what she did yesterday, how the heck should she remember something that happened 3 years ago? But after 19 years of existence, it’s one of those memories that stuck on repeat in her mind. She didn’t remember who the other players in that game were, or how many goals she blocked, but she remembered her… and oh yeah… I remembered three things.

Ball. Face. Hurts.

Back in high school, Jennie lived for the intramurals. No classes, food everywhere, and they get to play. They are on our way to our soccer match against the juniors. With Nelly’s Dilemma playing in the background for like the 600 time that day (that was the hit song those days). There is a bitter rivalry between the juniors and the seniors. The juniors are starting to take over the school led by the pale, thin Park Chaeyoung, but the seniors are not going to bow down without a fight. Every sport event between the two teams led to two things, hair pulling and face scratching. The juniors and senior team was already tied in the standings and the decision lies in this soccer game.

“Ey! They say watch out for that girl Chaeyoung, she plays dirty.”

She could feel spit flying out as Joy speaks with  stuff with chips. Even after all these years, her love affair with food has been going strong. She couldn't help but envy her for having a relationship with something for that long. It really must be true, food is definitely bae. But the fact that she doesn’t get fat from stuffing 24/7, is what made her just green with envy.

She turned to the “Chaeyoung” girl Joy was talking about. She was around 5’6 and scrawny, with long, blonde hair. She reminds Jennie more of a chipmunk,  because of how chubby her cheeks gets when she smiles. She heard rumors about her… She’s cocky, stubborn and doesn’t give a crap about anyone. Yet the whole school body practically kisses the ground she walks on.

Jennie never really gives a damn.  This Chaeyoung girl is probably one of those people who you run into once in your life and won’t really matter in the long run.

Jennie was reigning MVP of the girls soccer division meet and to hell with being beaten by someone who plays for the sake of her class.

The MVP turns to her bench before the game starts. There was Seulgi in her chicken mascot irritating the hell out of the juniors, Yeri cursing and pouting cutely as she play her DS and Joy screaming or cheering, she could not tell the difference.

The whistle blew and the game starts. Joy throwing a massive fit in the bench, screaming at our teammates everytime Chaeyoung intercepted the ball. Jennie as much as she hates to admit it, was actually watching at awe as she plays, either she was really good or her team just that bad. She starts dribbling fast towards the goal and Jennie kept her eyes on the ball but it didn’t stay there for so long.

She felt everything stop when the junior was coming over, she didn’t notice it before, but she looks like an Angel…

“WHOAH!!!!”

The entire crowd gasps as the ball swiftly curves around her. She never saw someone do a curve goal before and here was this girl… But I reacted just in time for my fingertips to touch the ball enough to make it miss.

“SHOOT” She cursed, and Jennie smiles in satisfaction. This would be fun… Then, she turned around with a naughty smile or annoying, if you ask me… I froze as I heard her say.

“This would be fun.”

For the whole game, Jennie felt like it was just the two of them playing. None of her team could ever come close to the other goal without Chaeyoung intercepting it. She tries to do every shot and she block her every chance. But that didn’t stop her, from the back, she could see both our teams just
staring back at the two of rhem as if were playing by themselves.

“is that all you got?” Jennie's lips curled into a seductive smile.
She stood still for a second then look up at her, her lips twist into an evil grin, and in one swift kick…

BAMMM!!! BALL IN HER FACE. HURTS.

She flew back from the impact and Jennie swears to God, she saw stars and birds chirping around my head.

“JEEEENNNNNNNNNIEEEEEEE!!!!!!!”


She heard Joy’s slurred voice as she fell. Jennie was unconscious for a second until she saw the ball ricochet from her face into the goal. The goalie get up groggily and saw that mischievous smile again. Chaeyoung then pointed with her trigger fingers… then, Bang Bang…she shots her…

“GOAL”, she said it so calmly and deviously. I thought it was the devil talking…

“Jennie, your nose!”

I look down and I could see blood trickling down my jersey… my nose, my naturally beautiful nose… I started to panic. I don’t care if I die from blood loss, but there is no hell in freaking way that I will lay down in my coffin with a nose that looked like a
tomato. That bish… she’s gonna pay.

To add insult to injury they won that game and SHE... won intramurals MVP.

Jennie knew her now and she knows her back but that doesn’t mean they're friends, heck no!!! but of course going to the same high school, meant seeing each other every day and every day she won’t miss on calling her one name.

“Hey tomato…”

Jennie could only answer with a glare, before mumbling to herself, she's going to get her good.

*End of flashback*

*

Jennie's thoughts was interrupted as soon as she heard her phone dinging on the table. Nothing like a hot girl to get her back to reality and that was her reality, she could have anyone she wanted.

“Why don’t you just come with me?”

“Don’t wanna… I don’t feel like babysitting two freshmen.”

“But that was in high school, haven’t you gotten over that already?”

“I did!!! But then I remember what she did and it all comes back to me.”

“It’s time to make peace! Life is too short!!! OH!!!! Speaking!!! LISA-YAH!!! CHAENG!!!”

“Geez Joy…" Jennie mumbles underneath her breath. "Scream louder I don’t think they heard you.”

“LISA!!!!! CHAENG!!!!!”

“What the-? I was being sarcastic.” She tried to straighten her out but her BFF already happily skipped over the two tall gorgeous girls. Is that Lisa? Wow… talk about growth spurt and she got so much prettier. She doesn’t look like sadako anymore even if she still have her bangs.

But the girl with her, no… no… GOD NO!!! She mentally gave herself a facepalm for almost drooling at her, was she always this pretty?

“Take a picture it will last longer,” The sound of her deadpan voice polluting this peaceful atmosphere.

“I wasn’t looking at you!” Jennie responded with a mature growl. but she was more pissed at herself for getting caught. She just scoffs and turns to Joy. The three of them looks like they are getting along well while she's right there arguing with her self.

“Is she coming?” Jennie heard that deadpan voice once again.

“Yuh! Remember her, Chaeng? My bestpal Jennie… we went to the same high school together”
She pouts thoughtfully then shakes her head.

“Nope… I don’t… well, nice to meet you, Jennie”

“Whatever” She muttered under her breath and Joy shoves her in the back. hard.

“Be nice.”

“Hi… nicetomeetyou, ” Jennie said in one breath

“Well… let’s roll…” Joy put her arms around my shoulders.“Hehe… look at you all mad but she doesn’t even remember you.”

“Shut up.”


The younger girls walk ahead. But the one thing that bothered Jennie is when Chaeyoung turns around, her lips curling into this devious smile, and her conclusions were right, she is the devil as she mouthed that one word back.

“Goal.”
_____________________________________________________________