My Techie Girlfriend

Neon

 

After the events from today, Jennie felt like she owe it to herself to get rid of all this angry thoughts.

By pounding her poor defensive pillows to a pulp.

 But in the midst of her MMA fight, she heard the sound of heels clickety clacking in the dorm hallway. She looked up, knowing that it only meant one thing.

She’s back…

“Oh good… you’re here,” Wendy says happily as she walks in their shared dorm room together with her 4 wheel Louis Vuitton luggage.

“Can you help me with my bag?”

“You already went through 4 flight of stairs!!! Can’t you push your bag just a few feet more?!”

Wendy answered her with a cute pout.

“Why can’t you just get a jansport bag like the rest of us?”

“Why so gwumpy?” Her talking like a 5 year old is not helping… While everyone (esp. Seulgi) is helpless against Wendy’s uber adorable smile and her overwhelming cutesy ways, Jennie is perfectly immune to it. yeah at first, she was too but being roommates mean you get to see the side of the person that no one could ever see. She saw her snore, burp, fart, has snot on her nose, drunk, puking, all those things that she keeps as a secret to preserve her perfect image.

“Nothing,” She checks on her Samsung maybe the girls felt guilty and decided to ask for her forgiveness. no such luck.

“Well… I’m tired from my trip, I need to take a shower. Then, I want you to come with me to go grab something to eat.”

“Fine.” She could only answer in defeat.

“Good… that’s a good girl.” She flashes her a smile and headed out to the bathroom, just in time for Jennie's phone to vibrate.

Hello wifey. 

Jennie smiled as she read the message from her girlfriend.  It’s a good thing, Wendy was in the shower or else she would see this stupid smirk on her face. She was absolutely infatuated with her mystery girl… wait… you might ask… she’s her girlfriend and you don’t know who she is? Yup… she’s hers but Jennie don’t know who she is…

 

*FLASHBACK*

Remember that computer game, LIFEQUEST? Where you form an army and keep on attacking until you conquer the whole country? No… anyone? no? ok… well… there were once a time, that game was the sheyt and Jennie even skipped school for a week just so she could play.

Jennie was quite a master at it, conquering left and right but there was one army. One group of army led by this rosesarerosieJK1611  that I just couldn’t beat, This person was the sheyt I admit. He was a tactical genius, just when you thought you had him, he strikes at you. She was totally spazzing over this guy. He was the bomb. Finally I gather up my guts to personal message him.

“Hey… I hate to admit it but you just amaze me.”

“Thanks :P”

Jennie was surprise with his reply. She thought he would say something flirty not this cutesy “:P” high school thing.

“So, care to share me your secrets?” Jennie wasn’t going to give up on this genius.

“Nope :P”

She stared at her screen closely, another :P

“Pretty please… ”

“Fine… since you ask nicely.”

She totally forget the fact that she could be flirting with some addict in the dark corner of an internet café or some convict, but with the way he replies she thought he was smart, although he likes to message :P a lot. 

Then, she admits one thing, he’s actually a girl.

What?

“Awww man and I was starting to like you.”

“Oh, you hate me now cause I’m a girl?”

“No… but I don’t think you would go for me now.”

“What made you think that? You sound hot… :P”

“Maybe because I’ am.”

*end of flashback*

And just like that… we decided to go for it…
We told ourselves, we won’t reveal our names or anything incriminating like that. We call each other by pet names, she calls me wifey, I call her hubby. We just kept our relationship like this, no prejudice, no judging just the real us. When we felt alone, or we need someone to about, we always had each other and somehow we made it work… and I have never been with anybody who I felt I could be so honest and real with…although I have no idea who she is… but I’m pretty sure she’s amazing.

Hubby
“So, how’s my wifey today?

Wifey
“pissed… hmmp "

Hubby

“why? Who made my wifey mad? ”

Wifey
“my friends… they keep teasing me with this jackass from my old high school.”

Hubby
“ How dare they… tell me who they are and I’ll tell my aunt who’s a witch to get them… ”

I laugh… she, whoever she is could make turn my fiery rage into a ball of sunshine… that’s how amazing she is… Then out of nowhere I feel jealous, incomplete that they were just tech gfs. Jennie wonder who’s that lucky boy or girl who gets to see her everyday? Hear her laugh or talk? I growl at the thought of somebody else being able to kiss her and hug her… Until she decided to break our rule.

Wifey
“let’s meet”

Hubby

"what? why?”

Wifey
“cause I wanted to get to know you more. I’m thinking this is not enough.

Hubby
“What if I’m not what you expected?”
Oh my Gee… what if? What if she turned out to be ugly betty?

Wifey
“You’re marvelous. whether were meant to be just friends or more than that, I will be contented but I think I will forever regret it if I never get the chance to see you.”

Hubby
Ok…

*
“Dude… you know that's a touch screen, right? not really for keyboard smashing,” Joy says as she sees Jennie pounding her phone angrily.

“It’s my parents, I can’t believe them. They haven’t send me my allowance yet and they wouldn’t call me back.”

“It’s just the first day of school and you already run out of money?”

“Maybe if you didn’t bring to every restaurant in this city, I would still have money.”
Joy pouts, “But you have fun with me, right?”

“Of course.”

Jennie stuffs her phone back in her bag as she was on our way to our Algebra class.

And when God was giving out the gift of math, her and Joy were probably hangover somewhere because this is the third semester that they are repeating this subject. Math is complicated enough with numbers, just imagine adding letters to it. But right now… she's not going to worry about that, her mind is filled with the girl that she was going to see tonight.

As they walked in class, she heard Joy gasps so loud, you thought she won a lottery or something.

“This is it buddy… We are going to pass.” She shakes her excitedly. Jennie turns to see what the hype is about and there was her uptight cousin Lisa looking like a elementary school student with her books.

Joy drags me over to them and BAM!!! 

“I’ll sit in the back.”

Jennie spun around quickly but Joy shoves her down on the seat beside Chaeyoung.

“You want to pass? You have to sit with the right crowd. I heard Chaeyoung was in the math decathlon and my cousin is like a freaking genius… this is it… buddy … our math curse have been broken.”

“Ayyy… you guys failed it?”

Jennie shot her a warning glance and she could smack that triumphant smirk off her face.

“Relax… relax…” Joy massages her shoulder. Chaeyoung chuckles triumphantly while she slump in defeat in the seat beside her. A bespectacled guy with thinning hair drags himself to the front of the class and starts to write his name in the board.

“Gosh… even the teacher don’t want to be in class.” Jennie muttered to herself then turn to her. She wanted to turn away, she really did but she can’t… she look different. I feel like I’m looking at someone else, a very beautiful girl instead of that chipmunk.

“Still can’t get enough?” she says in her deadpan sarcastic tone.

“Sorry, I just got distracted by the booger in your nose.”

Her face turned bright red and she quickly covered her nose.
She pats Lisa and whispers something while she giggle triumphantly. Lisa looks at her then shakes her head. She turns back and grits her teeth angrily. she quickly look away to focus on the board. You know that awkward feeling when you look at the first question and you don’t even have any idea what it means? Oh yeah… it’s happening to me right now…

“Ohhhh kay…” says our bored teacher “find a partner and solve the problems on the board.”

“Joy,” 

“Sorry dude, you know were just gonna end up with an F together. I’m partners with Lisa, take Chaeyoung…”

HMMMP… someone is not going to win bestfriend of the year. “I’ll do it myself…”

Chaeyoung just shrugs casually and starts doing the problem. It didnt take a few seconds for Jennie to feel getting teary eyed. She read the question over and over again and it just don’t make sense. if A is going 250 miles to the… and B is going blah blah blah how long will it take them to go to point C? Who gives a damn where these letters go? If A and B are destined to see each other, it won’t matter how long it will take them!!! As long as they get there!!!

Yeah, yeah, yeah

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

Yeah, yeah, yeah

And everyone who doesn’t live in a cave knows what song is playing. Very slowly everyone turns to look at Jennie, of all the time her parents called, its on the time when she's in the class she's failing. She slowly slumps down on her seat, hoping the chair would swallow her whole.

“FIRST MY WIFE OF 23 YEARS IGNORE ME!!! NOW MY OWN STUDENTS ARE DOING IT???!!!”

She felt like she's on her way to her lethal injection as he walks towards her.

“That better be Jesus Christ calling.” He growls at her face.

“PICK.IT.UP”
I haven’t tremble this much since… well, I haven’t tremble this much as I pick up my phone…

“H-hello? Jesus?”
Joy facepalms herself for me for my epic fail.

“WHY YOU INCON-“
I felt like a kid about to get a whooping, my whole body just trembling in fear. I screwed my eyes shut and brace myself to whatever my math professor with mid life crisis is going to do to me.

Let's kill this love!
Yeah, yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah
Rum, pum, pum, pum, pum, pum, pum
Let's kill this love!
Rum, pum, pum, pum, pum, pum, pum 
..”

I didn't know what got into that head of hers, because Chaeyoung just got up and starts singing and dancing to Kill This Love.

“Oh c’mon… you guys know this song..”

Joy is about to join when Lisa pulls her down by her sleeve.

“Unnie, this isn’t glee, so don’t even think about it.” Lisa whispers in a reprimanding tone.

Lucky me, lucky you
Gyeolgugen geojitmal we lie
So what? So what?
Manyage naega neol jiuge
Doendamyeon so sorry
I'm not sorry

Chaeyoung continues dancing much to the amusement of everyone in class. I could see the blood pressure of our professor rise (not in a good way)

“YOU TWO OUT OF MY CLASS!!!!!”
Jennie felt the impact of the door as it slams on their faces. She turn to look at her and instead of looking worried the dork actually looked happy.

“Alright… free period.” She grins happily as she is ready to leave…

“Where are you going?”

“Anywhere.”

We must kill this love (Yeah! Yeah!)
Yeah, it's sad but true
Gotta kill this love (Yeah! Yeah!)
Before it kills you too
Kill this love (Yeah! Yeah!)
Yeah, it's sad but true
Gotta kill this love (Yeah! Yeah!)
Gotta kill, let's kill this love!

She continues to sing and dance oblivious to the stares people are giving to her as she skipped away…

“Damn… now I owe her.”

*
That night, Jennie brought my trusty sidekick Joy to our meeting place. She's so freaking nervous to meet her. The fact that she could be ugly or psycho, I just needed a back up plan and Joy was willing to do it as long as she bring her to an all you can eat buffet.
We came 15 minutes early to try to review our signals…

“Ok, if she’s ugly… what do you do?”

“I thought it’s the inside that counts?” Joy scratches her head in confusion

“Joy…” I said in an exasperated tone.

“Fine… I’ll call you after you guys are done eating so you don’t seem evil.”

“Yup… what if she’s boring?”

“I’ll come over and tell you Seulgi just got into a car accident and is in the hospital.”

“If she’s psycho?”

“I’ll scream fire…”

“Good.”
They were walking towards the door when Jennie stopped at her tracks.

“What the ?”
Jennie's dream girl… how can that be? Why her? why?

“Hey it’s Chaeyoung… hehe… wouldn’t it be so hilarious if she turned out to be your girlfriend?"

The dummy started laughing unaware of what’s happening then she looks at her all shock.

"OMO! It’s her?!”

“Oh, you are such a genius.” Jennie mutters sarcastically Chaeyoung for once looks nervous. Our code was all there, we were going to meet in the corner table near the counter at Blackvelvet cafe and she should have the book zombie survival guide which they both loved. She would have to approach her and say “hubby” and she would say “wifey”.

They are suppose to meet at 8, why is she here this early?
Damn it… why her? Jennie need to do something fast…quick brain… think of something…

Then, a lightbulb shone in her head.

DING. (that’s a lightbulb)

This is it… She didn’t know that she was you know… and knowing how popular she is in high school, Jennie bet nobody knows. This is her biggest secret and her ace against her, never will she bother me with that smug face of hers and deadpanned sarcastic voice.

Jennie Kim wins.

“Well, well, well… prince charming running late?”
She smiled cockily at her and for once that confident, cocky self of hers look vulnerable.

“What?!” Jennie gasps playfully. “Is this? a book?” Jennie picked up the book and run her fingers to it.

“Great observation, Sherlock!!!” She snatches the book away from her.

“I didn’t know you can read?”

“What are you doing here?” She hissed.

“Duh… to eat… right, Joy?”

“Yup, eat-just-eat- were-not-meeting-anyone-no-were-not-were-just-here-to-eat”, Joy replies and Jennie mentally facepalm for my friend’s epic fail.

“Do you mind if we join you?”

“Actually I do… so could you and robot girl here, take another seat?

“How about I stay here, until your date arrives?”

And for once it was her who have a smug smile.