The Bet

Neon

 

Saturday is supposed to be spent sleeping in, or recovering from a hangover but not Chaeyoung and her bestfriend since birth Lisa. The coming Monday are the girls first big university math test, the two weren’t really worried about it, it’s those two unnies who had wanted to do this group study.

“GOOD MORNING MY SUNSHINE!”

And Chaeyoung’s darken days only got darker at the sight of the dummy.

“Arent you too early to ruin anyone’s day?”

“Was I talking to you?!” Jennie snaps back,

“I was talking to Lisa, good morning my sunshine.”

“Ummm… good morning unnie.” Lisa could only reply awkwardly.

“What is deadweight Jen doing here?”

“Is that your way to talk to your unnie?”

“Is that the way you talk to the one who save your life from a chi-“

“That DOG was possessed by the DEVIL!”

Jennie quickly cuts Chaeyoung off before Chaeyoung could reveal her embarrassing past.

Chaeyoung snickers,“ Ph… takes one to know one.”

“Alright… alright… break it up with you two,” If Joy had a penny for everytime she says that about the two, well… she wouldn’t know how much she have, but it would be a whole lot of pennies.

“Geez… enough of this lover’s quarrel.”

“Yes, can the two of you just talk like… ummm… normal people?” Lisa squeaks in.

"That’s the problem, she isn’t normal.” Jennie says…

“I HATE YOU!!!”

“Hey! Hey! Look enough! Geez! You two are worse than- I don’t know… something worse. Wait… EUREKA!!! I HAVE AN IDEA”

“No thanks,” Jennie quickly answers before Joy could even say it.

"You haven’t even listen to it, why don’t we make a bet?” Joy suggested.

“Joy, you’re my bestfriend and all but-”

“Just hear me out… Its not like I’m doing this for myself. It’s for both of you so could you at least give me a bit of credit here?”

Jennie sighs exasperatingly, “Ok.”

"I realize that you two just couldn’t stand each other.”

“Whoah… great thinking captain obvious.” Park Chaeyoung, never chooses who to hit with her sarcasm…

Joy roll her eyes, “Anyways, commander sarcastic, the bet is, you two should start to be nice to each other and whoever picks a fight first, they’ll lose.”

“And so, what happen if we lose?”

“I don’t know… it’s your bet. What do you think should your price be?”

Jennie could think of a million things, until she figure out one thing that could make Chaeyoung act like mother Teresa with her.

“Hmmm… If I win, Chaeyoung is going to make out with me, with tongue and all that slobber for an hour with 20 second breaks in between.”

“ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! HELL NO!!!!”

“Then, you better not lose.” Jennie's lips curved into a smile.

“Alright deal-”

“Hey! Hold on a second… I didn’t agree to that!” Chaeyoung turns to the girl.

“You don’t need to, that’s what she wants.”
Chaeyoung grits her teeth but Chaeyoung doesn’t lose to anyone, especially to a dummy.

“How about you, Chaeng?”

Think. Think. Think Chaeyoung… is Jennie finally going to win this one?

“Ummm… Jennie is going to be my girlfriend.”

“Whoah… what now?” Joy looks at her in confusion while Jennie’s eyes brighten up at the prize.

“Alright!!! Bet is over! Chaeyoung wins, now let’s go baby and make out.”

Jennie puckers her lips but Chaeyoung pushes her away.

“Ah.ah.ah… not so fast dumb jennie, cause there is a catch.”

“I knew it.”

“You can not kiss or try anything physical with me and you are going to give me your IPHONE and I’m going to delete every. Single. Girl. Boy or Chihuahua you came into contact with.”

Jennie’s jaw was almost to the ground at the suggestion.

“WHAT?! that list took me a year to compile!”

“And if I win that list is going buh-bye in a second. You will be faithful to me and do everything that I ask you to do.”

“That’s not a girlfriend, that’s a slave!”

“Oh? Did I say girlfriend? I meant slave.”

“She got you there, buddy.”

“FINE! I’m not going to lose. so pucker up princess, cause I’m going to be the best kiss of your sad life.”

“Not if I can help it, slave.”
Chaeyoung winks and Jennie looks away to keep herself from smacking the other girl.

 

*
Joy scratches her head as she tries to answer the exercise problems when she heard Jennie humming.

“I kissed a girl and I liked it-”

Chaeyoung’s pencil broke at the song before she sings back.

“I’m a slave for you.”

Jennie grunts in frustration. The two opens their mouth about to start a fight but quickly shut it after remembering the bet. Joy smiled proudly seeing
that her plan for once worked, It was quiet for a few seconds…

Until…

“Can you stop stalking me?” Chaeyoung hissed and Joy could see her bestfriend’s face inches away from the pissed off girl.

“But you are so stalkable.”

“Stalkable? That’s not even a word!”

“Baby, you’re so fine, the dictionary has to invent new words to describe you.”

Joy almost spit out her ice tea at the one liner. Jennie eyes beamed as Chaeyoung was about to retaliate but she quickly clamp  shut, before she ends up having together with the idiot.

Jennie chuckles triumphantly, finally this day came. She finally figured out a way to make the calm and collected Park Chaeyoung squirm,

“OW!!!”

Everyone looks surprisingly as Jennie holds her hand in pain.

“Unnie? Are you ok?” Lisa asks.

“Yeah, it’s Chaeyoung’s fault. you are so hot, you just burn me.”

Jennie’s smile mischievously and the only thing Chaeyoung could do is crumple the heck out of her paper.

JENNIE:1
CHAEYOUNG: 0

well, actually she has more points but let’s just give
Jennie credit here.

While Joy and Jennie scratches their head out trying to answer a problem, Chaeyoung was already done so she picked up her phone and the second she finish her text. Jennie’s phone vibrated.

“hehehe… fans.” Jennie chuckles nervously


Wifey
What’s wrong my baby?

Jennie gives out a low growl as she reads the message.

Hubby
This IDIOT keeps on bothering me…

Wifey
What? grrrr!!! what do you want me to do, hubby?

Hubby
I wish my wifey is with me so you could kick her UGLY face.

“Jen… you done?”

“Hold on a sec, Joy. My sanity is at stake here.”
Jennie grips her phone tighter in irritation, what happen? She was winning a few minutes ago, now Chaeyoung got under her skin again.

Wifey
Now baby, be nice… be the bigger man and don’t go calling people names… I’m pretty sure that girl is hot…

Hubby (stupid girl who doesn't realize that she's dating the ugly idiot)
But… wifey… she’s so mean.

Wifey
Why do you think she’s mean?

Hubby
IDK… she just likes to pick on me.

Wifey
Why are you so bothered? Do you like her?

Chaeyoung drops her phone on the table after reading her message.

“Chaeng? You ok?”
Lisa have never seen her bestfriend blushed and looked as nervous as much as right now. Chaeyoung finally got back to reality and nods her head.

“What’s wrong with you?”
Suddenly the air around her suddenly got heavier, her heartbeat going into overdrive… no.no… no… This can’t be. Chaeyoung stands up, worrying that if she stayed around the annoying girl for more than one second, she’ll find out something about herself that she doesn’t want to learn.

“Nothing… nothing… are we done?”

*
Chaeyoung knows math was her forte but tonight she reads the question over and over again, but couldn’t figure out how to answer it. She was already in bed but keeps on tossing and turning that she decides to make her time useful and just study for the test.

She sighed as she sees Lisa sleeping peacefully, it was close to 1 am and the girl always slept before 12. Chaeyoung wished she had the same worry free life as the other girl, but nowadays a lot of things just bother her and keeps her awake at night. It was stupid to want someone who she doesn’t even
know who, and it was even more stupid that a certain annoying someone is keeping her awake like this.

Chaeyoung groans and bangs her head on the desk.

“God, make my stupid heart smart again.”

KNOCK.KNOCK.KNOCK

Chaeyoung jumps of her seat at the sound of someone knocking on their door. Then, she hears someone running out her hallway. It was probably some prankster but she needed a break anyway and got up to open the door.

In her doorstep was a red rose, a thermos and cup noodles. She picks up the note…

Hubby,
Cup noodles to keep you full …
Hot choco to help you sleep…
And rose to let you know I’m always thinking of you…
I love you.
Your wifey,

And that very second, it wasn’t a contest anymore… Chaeyoung knows who she had fallen for…

“Good night, wifey.”

Chaeyoung whispers, maybe tonight she’ll finally have that sleep that she’s been needing and maybe if she’s lucky, she’ll dream of a certain somebody.
*
At the corner of the hallway, a certain girl heart skips a beat as she sees the way Chaeyoung’s eyes beamed at her gesture.

“Good night, hubby.”

Jennie smiles as she walks back to her room, but she doubt she could sleep not when her heart is keeping her awake.