005. Skip class and go to Dankook University.

♛ C o l d S t r u c k .

< Forget school. Jae Won oppa needs my help. > "Mr. Hyun, I'm leaving." You say, grabbing your backpack.

Mr. Hyun gives you a look of disbelief as you stand up from your desk and head towards the door.

"Student, it is your first day of school―" He starts, but you rudely cut him off.

"I'm going, Mr. Hyun, Goodbye." You give an apologetic look towards a baffled Sang Min and head out the classroom door.

You don't know if Sang Min understood you, but your mind is full of so many jumbled thoughts that you don't have time to worry about that.

You slam the door as you leave and start sprinting through the hallway, gaining curious looks from a few teachers walking by. 

You continue running as you exit the building of Seoul High School, but you come to a halt once you reach the edge of the sidewalk, now looking at the busy street full of cars. 

< Shoot. How am I...? >

You start to wave your hand frantically, and after a while, a taxi finally comes over and idles right in front of you.

You quickly open the door and hop in. "Where to?" The taxi driver says, glancing in his rearview mirror.

"Dankook University." You respond immediately, and the taxi abruptly zooms off into the street, merging with the busy traffic.

You quickly send a text to Sang Min, saying, 'Sorry. I won't be able to go to school today, it's an emergency.' You hope Sang Min understands.

You can't do much now but look out the window and admire the scenery of busy Seoul.

But every once in a while, you glance at your phone, hoping that you wouldn't be late.

< Be safe, Jae Won. >

The taxi finally stops in front of the gates of Dankook. You look worriedly at the closed gates.

"That will be 10,550* won, please." You take out the money and place it on the taxi driver's outstretched hand.

"Thank you." You say before exiting the taxi, which leaves as soon as you get off.

You turn your attention towards the gates. < Should I jump it? >

You look at your skirt. < I forgot to wear shorts under it again. > You immediately start to regret wearing your uniform.

< This is so troublesome. > You start dusting off your uniform, and then you...


What do you do?

a. Jump the gates!

That's the only option for this chapter.

* 10,550 won is approximately 10 USD.