Fields of Movement

IZ*ONE HIGH

A few weeks have passed since the fight in the cafeteria. Nothing else of interest really happened. Sakura was sitting in class thinking about how quiet things got after that day.

 

The only interesting thing to happen was the start of school clubs, which to Sakura annoyance didn't include a video games club. Many of her classmates have joined their respected clubs many of which they shared. 

 

Sakura noted how Chaeyeon, Yujin, Yena, Nako and Hyewon had joined the dance club. Which Sakura heard from Chaeyeon was quiet

 lively but difficult. As their instructor didn't allow for any mistakes. Upon hearing this Sakura knew dance club wasn't for her.

 

She had taken a slight interesting the the music club which would work closely with the dance club for performance and they'd share similar practise time too. Which was a plus for Sakura it meant she could spend with Chaeyeon, she and her are close now almost like best friends but Sakura can't shake the feeling she gets when she sees Chaeyeon smile or hear her laugh or see her majestic dancing. 

 

She felt as if she was losing her mind, she soon accepted that she may have a crush for Chaeyeon. However she would never say nor act on these feelings. Ever since she accidentally outed herself in front of her class her friends have tried to set up with other girls. 

 

She never enjoys it when they pretend to go to the mall but it ends up being a surprise set up. For example last week Sakura was with Eunbi, Nako, Hitomi and Chaeyeon, they were going to the cinema but once they got to the ticket booths Nako secretly invited a friend and she pushed her towards Sakura.

 

Sakura thought the girl was pretty but she’s not really her type. She was a little bit too loud which made Sakura feel awkward. 

 

Sakura slammed her head against her desk as she let out a heavy sigh. 

 

“Stressed from last night lost ‘kura?” 

 

Sakura looked up to see Chaeyeon settling down next to her. 

 

“Whatever” she huffed as she slouched in her chair. Chaeyeon chuckled as she got out her books. 

 

“Have you decided which club to join yet?” Chaeyeon asked looking towards Sakura. 

 

Sakura heard a slight concern tone in Chaeyeon a voice. She only had till the end of day to decided which club to join. 

 

“I don’t knowing I am leaning towards singing. I like it and I’m happy Eunbi is apart of the club.” 

 

Sakura noticed how Chaeyeon tended a little at the mention of Eunbi. “You like Eunbi don’t you?” 

 

Sakura froze, hearing Chaeyeon monotone voice made Sakura shiver. She could feel her gaze on her. Sakura looked every around the class and notice Hyewon was also giving her a strange look as she continued to slowly walk into the classroom never taking her intense gaze of Sakura. 

 

Sakura was thankful for the school bell. As the Arrival of the other students was a good way to distract herself from the stress. However when Eunbi entered the classroom she smiled and waved to Sakura. 

 

She returned with a wave but stopped when she heard a pencil snap next to her. She just stopped and looked down at her book as the teacher began the class. 

 

 

 

——-

 

 

Sakura was glad to see that Eunbi wasn’t the only one from her class in the singing club. There was also Yuri, Chaewon, Hitomi, Wonyoung and Minjoo. Sakura relaxed as she saw her two friend approach her.

 

“Glad you came, your voice will surely impress Miss Bae.” Eunbi commented as she brought Sakura over to the others.

 

“What Miss Bae is the head of the club?” Sakura asked shocked. She began nervous at the thought of her class teacher hearing her sing.

 

“ don’t worry she is not that strict and she heard that we were apart of sing club inour last school” Hitomi said 

 

“ you three were apart of your last school singing club?” Wonyoung asked 

 

“Yeah but it wasn’t as big as this schools club.”eunbi said with a sad smile but soon Miss Bae enter the room as she stood on the stage. All the student in the room were silenced.

 

 

“Welcome everyone I’m glad to see many faces, I am also happy to see a few from my class.” Miss Bae smiled as she looked towards Sakura and her group.  “Now I do have some new, you may have heard how we sometimes work with the dance club for some performance. However due to some budget cuts we are excited to announce that the clubs will now be merging together.” 

 

As Miss Bae finished her statement the double doors open to reveal the dance club. Sakura noticed her classmates and other student she didn’t recognise. 

 

“Ah here they are now. So please be nice as we will be working together on many performances.” 

 

 

Sakura watched as the girls entree the room to sit near their friends. Sakuras mouth went dry as she saw Chaeyeon in her dance clothes. She wore a top that showed off her abs and her skin tight leggings showing her toned legs. 

 

Chaewon scoffed  “what’s she doing here?” 

 

Sakura and Minjoo looked towards Chaewon as she nodded her head towards Chaeyeon. Sakura noticed Yujin was walking close behind Chaeyeon with Yena and Hyewon. 

 

Yuri smiled as she waved towards Yena who gave a peace sign as she told Chaeyeon to go towards Sakura and the others. 

 

Chaeyeon smiled at Sakura as she sat next to her. Yena sat next Yuri as jokingly shoved each other. Hyewon and Yujin also sat near the group but they aren’t to close as Wonyoung and Chaewon glared and Yujin. Who noticed but didn’t react. 

 

 

Yujin also noticed how Minjoo gaze was on her ever since she entered the room. 

 

 

“Silence please. Now because the clubs are now mixed we are allowing anyone in the club to do both singing and dancing.”  Miss Bae statement    made the student mutter amongst themselves. 

 

“Ooh interesting” Yuri commented as age and Yena fist bumped each other but missed as Yuri accidentally punched Yena making them get into a pretend scuffle. 

 

Sakura chuckled at the sight of the two. But she too was excited at the new but she was also nervous as she never really danced before. But she felt a hand grab hers. She looks to see Chaeyeon smile at her. Sakura returns the smile as Miss Bae continues.

 

 

“Now because there seemed to be groups of classes together. I’ve decided we a going to do staged performance as class groups.” 

 

Sakura and the others smiled at each other at the news however Yujin didn’t seem to like the idea as she saw Chaewon and Wonyoung giving her a look. However what made her feel more uncomfortable was a the little smile she saw on minju’s face.