A Sketch In A Book

IZ*ONE HIGH

She didn't know why she was at the park, its was nice cold Sunday morning, Hitomi was sat in her room when she suddenly felt like going for a walk. She packed her sketch book and camera in her backpack and she left her house. 

She was now in the park. The chill air made her cheeks tingle, but she lifted her scarf over her face along with putting the hood on her hoodie over her head. She sighed in relief seeing her breath. Hitomi enjoyed the cold of winter. She preferred it to the summer heat. 

She was sat on a bench taking photos of the misty landscape, she smiled as she looked at the pictures she's collected. She especially liked this one picture of a puddle reflecting a tree with no leaves, but that was the only thing on focus, the stone path was blurred. 

She wrote down in her sketch book the name of picture, she liked to the phots and then draw them in her sketch book. Her and mother used to do this when they were younger, it still made her feel like she was with her mother. 

Her smile fell when she thought of her mother. she couldn't really remember what she looked like, all she heard about her mother was from her grandmother. She described her beauty and how similar she looked to Hitomi. But Hitomi only had one picture of her mother to look at. Her only real memory of her mother was her and Hitomi walking amongst this park during a winter many years ago. Her mother would take phots on the camera she now owns, whilst Hitomi would run around collecting random objects she would ask her mother to take photos of. 

Hitomi looked down at her mothers camera in her hand it obviously wasn't that modern, it didn't have all thatch the new cameras do, but she loved it, it would work perfectly for any photo she took. Her grandmother gave it to her when she graduated her junior skill. She noticed Hitomi's skill in art, so she wanted Hitomi to connect with her mother through the camera. 

Hitomi fiddled with the strap as she looked out towards the landscape again. The mist was starting to disappear, she sat there a wile enjoying ht nice day, her day dreaming was stopped when she saw a group of girls coming arc the grass and stopping in the middle. They looked dressed in slim dance clothes, Hitomi thought how ridiculous it looked 'it was far to cold to wear something like that' 

She saw the girls stretch and warm up. Hitomi looked around her and saw it was still an empty park, mostly, so she took her camera and took pictures of the girls, not in a creepy way, she just thought the girls interesting poses were photo worthy. She noticed these girl do some really intense stretches. She then put her camera down checking the photos. 

When she looked back up she saw two more girls arrive, one with what looked like an iPad and another with a stereo. Hitomi just watched the girls, slightly confused, she swear she recognised one of the girls. But only her figure because the girl she thought she knew was wearing her hair up in a beanie and her back was constantly facing her. 

The intrigue is what made Hitomi stay in her bench and besides she couldn't help but look at the girls figure, her toned legs and thin toned  torso, made Hitomi mouth agape, She blushed even more when she was brought back to reality, 'I shouldn't look at them like that, I look like a creep.' Hitomi looked down at herself. She did look a little bit like a creep but it was cold and she is just being dressed appropriately. 

'Unlike those crazy girls, honestly who would wear crop top and skinny legging in this weather at this time. Idiots' Hitomi thought to herself as she watched them again, still only focusing on that one girl. 

The group of girls were apparently dancers, The girl with the stereo began to play music  whilst the other, Hitomi assumed this as the leader, was instructing the others. The girls were really good. They danced really well in this weather, Hitomi shivered for the girls, 'its impressive they can dance in this cold.' Hitomi thought as she watch the girls dance with intensity and passion. 

Hitomi's fouls fell onto the strange girl again, who dancing entranced Hitomi. She took ahold of her camera again taking quick snaps on the dancing girl. Each photo captured a still image of her dancing figure. However to her disappointment the phots never captured hew face, it was either turned away form her or blurred. 

They appeared to be reaching the finally as Hitomi noticed they stood still kielbasa's statues, which was a great photo as the mist cloaked their figures. However Hitomi heard the music pick up again and they danced so quick her camera couldn't catch a clear image of their moves. Hitomi used her camera to follow the girl who took all her attention, When they finished their dance routine,, they were all facing toward Hitomi's direction. 

Hitomi took this chance to get a quick snap of the girls face, She zoomed in again and found her, but she stopped, her eyes widen when she saw a familiar brown eyes look in her direction. 

"Chae..Chaewon.." Hitomi mustered to herself in shock. But also in terror she saw Chaewon glare at her through the lens. 

'She couldn't have recognised her right? I mean I'm wearing. my scarf over my lips and my hoodie cover my hair....and she couldn't se my face e'cause of the camera.....oh .'

""Hitomi muttered when she saw Chaewon quickly walk towards her, Chaewon's glare intensifying. "" she said as she quickly got up and walked away with a speed in her steps.

"HEY" 

Hitomi heard Chaewon shout, but she quickly ran out of the park, she didn't hear her chase after her. When she got out of the park she turned around see no one had chased after her. She let out a breath of relief, She looked down at her camera but she couldn't find her sketchbook. Her eyes widen as realised 'I left it at the bench.' That sketchbook had many drawings Hitomi created, some of just simple trees, or random things, But Hitomi's stomach dropped when she remembered that the sketchbook had a drawing of Chaewon in it. Hitomi feared that Chaewon will find out it was her, ;but she couldn't could she'

She also feared she would get the wrong Idea maybe she would think she's a freak, a weirdo. Hitomi groaned in frustration as she turned around to walk home, her worries already growing for the next time she would see Chaewon.

 

The thing she was worried about the over the weekend was finally about to happen. Hitomi was walking down the school corridors towards her class. Her stomach aching as she neared her class door, She stopped as she gripped the handle. She took a long deep breathe as she composed he self. Then she slid the door open. In the class sat, Chaeyeon and Sakura, Yena and Yuri, Eunbi, and Nako. The others hadn't arrived yet, Hitomi walked over to the her desk and quickly sat down.  Hitomi continuously tapped her pen against the desk waiting for class to begin. 

Hitomi froze when she heard the door open, She knew it was her. She heard Wonyoung and Minjoo talking she's always with them. Hitomi sat up right looking out the window when she felt Chaewon's presence,  she sat down in her chair not looking in Hitomi's direction.

They sat there is silence, Hitomi felt extremely awkward, she glanced at Chaewon to see her looking at the board in from of class. When Mrs Bae entered the class, all of Hitomis attention was on her intuition for todays class. She began her work, but when she saw a note slide across her desk her worries returned. 

She slowly opened it and read the note.

'I like your drawing....'