Her Smile

IZ*ONE HIGH

Yuri was walking down her street, a path she's taken so many times she could walk it in her sleep. The quiet atmosphere always calmed Yuri. Many would think this part of the village was a ghost town. Yuri didn't mind it meant there was less noice. She was about to turn the corner when she saw a familiar face was sitting on the park bench. Her hoodie covered her face but she recognised the yellow hoodie. 

 

Yuri felt her smile widen as she approached the bench. She calmed her smile and made her face emotionless as she sat on the bench on the opposite side of the girl. 

 

Yuri let out a breath making the girl look towards her. 

 

" I still don't get this" Yuri said looking up towards the clouds.

 

"Get what ?" The girl said also not looking at Yuri. 

 

"Why have to always met like this, it's not like anyone from school would notice or care" Yuri look over her shoulder at the Hoodie girl notice she was also wearing big sunglasses "also you look like a weirdo" 

 

The girl in the Hoodie suddenly turned to Yuri 

"Come on Yuri this is fun and if I remember correctly your the one who wanted to meet in secret."

 

Yuri lightly blushed and pouted as she turned to girl.  

" Yes but you've gone a bit over the top Yena."

 

Yena snatched off her sunglasses now looking Yuri in the eyes 

 

"You don't like it ?" Yena asked pouting her lips like a duck. Yuri always falls for Yena every time she does it. Yuri smiled and moved closer to Yena. 

 

Yena kept her eyes on Yuri as she got closer. Yuri looked at Yenas eyes and then down at her lips. 

 

"You know I like it but why can't we just meet like normal couple." 

 

Yena let out a laugh "are we normal couple?" Yena stuck out her duck lips further. Yuri's gummy smile grew 

 

"No I guess not" Yuri said finally capturing Yena's lips with her own. Both girls kissed each other with love and content. It wasn't a overly passionate kiss but it was enough to make both of the girls heart explode. Yuri pulled away from Yena her smile still present. 

 

"So what are we doing today ?" Yuri asked slowly taking off Yena hood. 

 

"Well I was think about going to the Cafe then maybe the cinema ?" Yena suggested. 

 

"Sounds great" Yuri said giving Yena a peck on the lips and then getting up from the bench.  Yena blushed but also got up she reached out her hand taking Yuris hand walking off towards their favourite Cafe.

 

 

 

———————

 

Yuri smiled when Yena opened the door for her she gave a look as she she walked in first. They sat in a booth next to the window. Yena went up to order. Yuri played on her phone waiting, but the opening of the cafe doorway got Yuris attention. 

 

She looked up surprised to see her class president enter. 

 

"Hello Yuri" Eunbi greeted walking  over to Yuri 

 

"Hey Eunbi how are you ?" 

 

" not to bad thanks. what are doing here by yourself ?" Eunbi asked looking at Yuri with a small smile. 

 

"Um.....um ....I'm not by my self....Yenas veering is some food." Yuri said with a slight stutter nervous around Eunbi, who just smiled at her. 

 

 

" ah very nice." Eunbi said looking towards the line of customers now noticing Yena coming back with two cupcakes and two hot chocolates 

 

"What are you doing here Unnie?"  Yena asked looking at Eunbi. 

 

"I always like this cafe. Besides I'm meeting someone."

 

" ooh is it a date?" Yena asked raising her eyes brows up and down. 

 

"Maybe" eunbi suggested smiling as a small blush grew in her cheeks.

 

" well would you like to sit with us till he arrives" Yena asked suiting next to Yuri who was a little apprehensive about it. 

 

 

"Uh....him... oh yes um...ok they said they'll be a few minutes. If you don't mind" 

 

"We don't mind, do we Yuri?" Yena asked giving Yuri a smile 

 

" of course we don't" 

 

"Thank you" eunbi said sitting opposite the two.

 

 

—————

A few minutes had passed the three girls talked amongst themselves, they discussed about the plays their class was performing.  

 

“So Hows your group getting on?” Eunbi asked wondering how the Cinderella play was going. 

 

“Umm it’s alright. But there’s seemed to be a problem between Hitomi and Chaewon. They seem to hate each other. In our last practise Chaewon refused to dance with Hitomi. Which caused Yujin and us to get annoyed with Her. She made Hitomi upset, and that Minjoo how does she put up with Chaewon honestly.” Yena explained in a huff. 

 

“Hmm I did her about that sand didn’t Chaewon almost get to a fight with Yujin again?” Eunbi asked taking a sip of her coffee. 

 

“Yes” Yuri sighed. “Chaewon was annoyed when she saw Yujin talk to Minjoo. She was only saying she looked nice. We were next to them.” 

 

“Yeah she was trying on the fairy godmother costume and to be fair she did look amazing.” Yena commented, which she shouldn’t of. As Yuri nudged Yena under the table. 

 

Eunbi watched the two, she could to tell Yuri was jealous and she knew they were in a date, she remarried when she last saw them in this cafe a few weeks ago. She had caught them on a make up date. She and Sakura had seen them kissing, only Yena knew they knew, that’s probably why Yena asked Eunbi  to sit with them but she didn’t want to intrude but they did have nice time. 

 

“How about you a Eunbi how it it being Snow Whits?” Yuri asked. 

 

Eunbi gave a light laugh “ it’s quite fun, but Nako and Wonyoung keep joking around, as do Chaeyeon and Sakura. Then two take their role as dwarf very seriously. Chaeyeon can’t help but laugh whenever Sakura acted dopey so we sometimes barely get through a scene”

 

“But what about hy...?” 

 

“HYEWON?”

Yuri started but was interrupted by Yena shouting making both Yuri and Eunbi jump. Yuri noticed Eunbi was blushing a little but she saw behind her that Hyewon had entered the cafe. 

 

 

“Hey girl” she greeted smiling at them. Hyewon smiled faltered and became shy when she stood next to Eunbi.

 

“ your dressed up very nice” Yena commented looking up and down at Hyewon. She was dressed in black slim jeans with a dark coral shirt under a leather jacket. 

 

“Thanks” Hyewon said slightly blushing. 

 

Yuri saw Eunbi look sideways at Hyewon also blushing. 

 

“S...so...are we going or ...?” Hyewon asked looking at a blushing Eunbi. 

 

Everyone in the booth went silent. Yuri and Yena were looking at Hyewon smiling but after what she said their smile fell and eyes widened as they shifted their attention to Eunbi who was looking down at her hand in her lap. Yuri still looked at eunbi with shock but Yena gave her a cheeky look and a smirk. 

 

Hyewon looked at everyone expressionlessly not knowing what’s really going on. “Eunbi...?” She asked concerned putting a hand in her shoulder. 

 

“Umm.... yeah let’s go” eunbi quickly said grabbing Hyewon’a hand quickly running to the complete opposite side of cafe out of sight from Yena and Yuri. 

 

“See you girls later” Hyewon said goodbye being dragged by Eunbi.

 

 the two girls who’s mouth were agape watched the the others. They slowly turned their heads to look at each other. Yena slowly smirked at Yuri who gave her a cheeky smile back. 

 

“Well I guess we are not the only ones.” Yena said giving Yuri a little a kiss. They both smiled into the kiss happy knowing they are not the only couple. 

 

 

 

 

———

If only they knew

 

 

 

 

—————

(Bonus)

 

“I’m so sorry babe” 

 

Hyewon apologises putting her arm around eunbi moving closer to her. Eunbi just finished explaining what happened.

 

“It’s ok.. not you fault” eunbi said looking at Hyewon who returned a small smile. 

 

“And hey maybe we could have double date one day” eunbi jokes smiling.

 

“What ?” Hyewon asked confused

 

“Oh Yuri and Yena are dating”

 

“WHAT?”