A Secret Date

IZ*ONE HIGH

The cold breeze this spring night chilled the nervous girls standing along under a lamp post. The light  illuminated the girls long reddish hair, her face was covered by shadow due her attention being on her shoes. 

Her nervous shaking, it looked to others as if she was too cold. Which was sure. She had been standing there waiting for the past 15 minutes. She didn't know if would be this cold. It was spring and she left as the sun set she bellied it would be warm. But she was wrong.

The girl sighed as she looked up. Her eyes looking sounded her area, looking for someone. She didn't see them. However she did watch the others doing their own thing, she saw a family, a mother and her daughter, who were arguing about something, she couldn't really hear them. 

But the sight made her think of her own mother, and how their relationship wasn't how a mother should that her daughter. She remembered how her mother basically governed her life, How she would chose her clothes, her interest and most importantly her friends. She felt herself tear up as she wished to have a mother like her friends do. A loving mother who would support their daughter not matter what they liked or loved.

The upset girl looked up her eyes slightly blurred from the tears, as she saw the person she been waiting for. 

"Yujin" The girl greeted smiling at the the slightly taller girl as she stooped infant of her.

"Hi Minjoo" Yujin replied giving her a nervous smile. 

Minjoo examined the girls outfit. She was wearing a thick leather coat over a yellow flowery dress. However she noticed the girl wearing a white t shirt under the dress. 

"are..are you checking me out?" Yujin asked sarcastically pulling her coat over her body covering up. Minjoo blushed but quickly responded. 

"I..I wasn't. I was just seeing that you at least dressed  appropriately for this weather," Minjoo complained rubbing the sides of her arms.

Yujin laughed and continued to walk away form the girl. 

"Hey wait. "Minjoo exclaimed running after Yujin who was still giggle. 

Minjoo pouted when she caught up  to the laughing girl. But after a few steps there was silence. The silence was awkward between the two. Minjoo looked away from Yujin both the opposite side of the street. She then saw something that made her gasp.

"What?" Yujin asked with concern she noticed Minjoo suddenly stop. 

"It's the arcade we used go to." Minjoo said excitedly as she grabbed Yujin arm and dragged her across the street to the arcade. The lights from the arcade called "COLOUR*IZ" were flashing multiple warm colours. The instant warmth from the arcade made Minjoo smile. She looked around seeing the old game she used play when she was child. 

Still holding Yujin's arm Minjoo dragged her further in looking around excitedly at every game. She then stopped at the empty dancing machine. 

"Do you think you could win?" minjoo asked as she jumped onto the platform.

"Pfft if I remember correctly I always won this game." Yujin said as she joined Minjo on the platform. 

"well let's see" Minjoo suggested giving Yujin a cheeky smile as she put in the required coins. The Music blasted from the stereo. They debated which song they should dance too. They finally agreed on a song. Yujin took off her jacket and took her glasses off. Minjou put her hair up as they both began to stretch. 

The other round them watched the two as if it was a real dancing competition. At least to the tow girls it was a real competition. 

"How about a bet?" Yujin biggest before they started. 

Minjoo cooker an eye brow "Ok what?"

"hmmm how about who ever loses has to pay for the meal afterwards." Yujin suggested. Minjoo smiled and agreed the girls jokingly shook hands, then the song began. 

Yujin found the dance really easy. She had learned many dances over the years this was no challenge. But she when she looked at the girl next to her. Minjoo seemed to be struggling, but Yujin was impressed by her determination to keep up with Yujin's score. 

Yujin smiled at Minjoo flustered state. Her hair was slightly wet from the seat building which also slid down her face. She looked at he ryes. fulled with determination and passion to beat her. 

'Cute' Yujin thought a she looked back at the screen. She noticed minjoo was struggling to keep up. Yujin rolled her eyes, and she 'accidentally'  missed a few steps allowing Minjoo too over take her. Eventually winning the challenge.

"ahah Yes. yes... yes... FINALLY!"Minjoo celebrated jumping up and down slightly out of breath. Her laughter replaced the music. Yujin turned away form her pretending to be disappointed but really she was smiling at the girls adorable reaction to winning. She put her jacket and glasses back on. 

Minjoo smiled triumphantly at Yujin. "I WON" Minjoo said loudly point at her self. "So will pay for anything I want?" Minjoo asked in a fake innocent tone.

Yujin rolled her eyes "fine..fine" They walked out together both smiling. Minjoo held Yujin's amp as they walked. "Lets go" Minjoo said as she took lead of where they were going. 

Yujin didn't know why but she somewhat recognised the place. Minjoo had lead them to a crowded place full of people. But Yujin recognised a certain smell. 

"Hang on" Minjoo said as eh let go of Yujin's arm and left her to stand next to a wall near the crowded street. Yujin waited for a minute until she saw Minjo return with two ice cream. Then it clicked in Yujin's brain. 

"is that...?" Yujin asked

"Hmm yes you favourite." Minjoo said as he sat next Yujin on the wall giving her the ice cream.

"You remembered" 

"Of course beside its a thank you for letting me win." Minjoo said smiling at Yujin, who stoped eating and looked at Minjoo.

"How...?"

"oh come on I knew I was losing and I saw you purposely miss a few steps." 

Yujin blushed and eat her ice cream to cool her face. 

Minjoo giggled as she to ate her ice cream. 

They both sat in silence enjoying the ice cream, as well as each others company.

Minjoo slowly put her hand on Yujin's who's was settled on the wall. Yujin blushed as she felt their fingers intertwine. She looked at Minjoo who looked back at her smiling.  Yujin returned the smile. Minjoo slowly moved her head closer to Yujin. Yujin smile grew as their lips were inches away form each other. 

"YUJIN!!!" someone shouted.

Yujin quickly shoved Minjoo away, but she pushed a bit too hard as Minjoo fell over the wall. Yujin couldn't react as she faced toward the noice. She saw Yena and Yuri coming her way. Yena waved energetically. Yujin suspected she yelled out her name. 

"Why are you here alone?" Yena asked as stood in front of Yujin 

"OH n..nothing just enjoying my ice cream" Yujin said as she showed them the ice cream. Yena looked at her suspiciously her eyes narrowing , whilst Yuri looked around.

"There is an ice cream store. I told you so come on let go get some." Yuri said and she grabbed Yena hand "See you later Yujin" Yuri bid goodbye as she dragged Yena away. 

Yena continued to look at Yujin as she moved further away she quickly brought up two fingers to her eyes and flicked them towards Yujin 'I'm watching you' 

Yujin shook her head and watched the two disappear then she looked over the wall to find no minjoo. 

"minjoo" Yujin whispered loudly looking around worried. 

She then felt someone grab her shirt and pull her over the wall. Yujin groaned in pain as her sides hit the floor. 

She heard someone giggle 

"sorry" 

she opened her eyes to see Minjoo sitting on the grass her back against the wall. Yujin sighed and got up and sat next to her. "You had me worried for a second" 

Minjoo then slapped Yujin's arm. "Well that's what you deserve for pushing me off a wall" 

"sorry I pushed you. Its just Yena scared me and you were the one who waned to meet secretly" 

"I know"Minjoo muttered looking away. 

Yujin puts her fingers on Minjoo's chin making her face her. She then smiles and moves her head in. Their lips met together. Minjoo instantly returned the kiss. Their lips melting together the taste of the ice cream made the kiss even more amazing. They continued to kiss their tongue holding tighter. Yujin moved her fingers from Minjoo's chin to caress her cheek. Minjoo held Yujin's head in her hands deepening the kiss even more. 

"where Yujin?" Yena asked in a suspicious tone

"maybe she gone" Yuri suggested eating her ice cream. 

"Hmm maybe" Yena thought 

"come on let's go" Yuri said walking with Yena leaving the wall, which unknown to the them, hid Yujin and Minjoo who were so deep and pafsionalty into their kiss they didn't even hear the the other girls. 

After a while they stopped pulling away from each other. Slightly out of berth the two girls smiled their emotion feeling tier souls. Yujin leaned her head on Minjoo's as she gave her a quick peck. Minjoo's blush increased her smile growing. 

 ----

Yujin and Minjoo were walking how enjoying their silent walk arm in arm. Yujin noticed Minjoo shiver form he the cold air. Yujin took off her coat and put in around Minjoo. Minjoo smiled at Yujin who just smiled back. 

However Minjoo began to get concerned when she noticed some red on Yujin's with arm. Minjoo was about to stop and talk when she noticed they were infant of her house.

"so this it I supposed" Yujin said awkwardly. 

Minjoo didn't know what to say but before she could say any thing Yujin quickly kissed her and whispered. "good night" Before taking off. 

Minjoo stood there for a bit hugging herself with Yujin jacket as she whispered to herself "Goodnight. Yujin"