Chapter 3 - Lunch.

IZ*ONE HIGH

Chapter 3

 

Sakura was already tired and it only just started being lunchtime. She had just left the cafeteria and was heading back to her classroom. She heard many the students gossiping apparently  the fight this morning in her first class seemed spread like a wild fire around the whole school. 

 

Many rumours of why the fight started some were reasonable Sakura thought like ‘Chaewon being angry for Yujin apparently bullying Minju’. This would explain the odd tension between those three and how quiet and timid minju was. However she laughed when she heard ridiculous rumours like ‘Chaewon being jealous because Yujin and minju are secretly dating or something like that.’ 

 

She blushed as she thought of them two together. A similar situation happened earlier when that Chaeyeon girl first talked to her at the begging of the day, The simple “hey“ seemed to freeze Sakura world she was distracted by that simple greeting for the first two lessons. 

 

That was until maths just before lunch. Sakura was in the middle of a few simple maths equations when she heard Chaeyeon drop her pencil by her seat. She felt the presence of Chaeyeon body as she went down near her seat to pick her pencil up. 

 

Something about Chaeyeon being this close to her seemed to make her body hot and tense, she couldn’t explain it it was like Chaeyeon body seemed to emit heat and it was burning sakura alive. What made it worse was that Chaeyeon seemed to notice the strange girls reaction to her movements of picking up a pencil. 

 

She smirked as she got up and said “Im Sorry” she continued to have a smirk on her face. This made Sakura groaned mentally from embarrassment. Sakura shook the memory from her head as she reentered the classroom. She sat with her best friend Nako and Hitomi. They were catching up with Hitomi asking her about Japan and her family, since they hadn’t seen her for a few years

 

As her friend talk amongst themselves she looked around the class to see groups forming. She noticed how Chaewon and Wonyoung were sat with MInju by her desk. Both seemed a bit annoyed how Yujin seemed to sit next to them on the opposite desk. Their glares didn’t seem to effect the girl. However minju just seemed concerned by the whole situation. 

 

She also noticed how the two girls on the desk in front of her Yena and Yuri seemed to move to the back by Yujin’s desk and were talking energetically to her and the other girl, Hyewon. 

 

“I’d wish she take a break and eat with us.” Nako said interrupting Sakura day dreaming as she noticed the leader of her class and group of friends, Eunbi, was still working. 

 

She saw the concern on Nakos face, she too felt the concern, Eunbi has a problem of overworking and trying to please everyone but struggles looking after herself. 

 

“How about we see who can get her attention first.?” Nako suggested Hitomi shook her head ‘no’ but Sakura accepted the challenge.

 

She nodded to Nako as the two got up and walked towards Eunbi’s desk. They stood there for a bit but this didn’t seem to phase her . Nako smirked as she said loudly.

 

“I think I might takes drug after school want to join me ‘Kura?” Nako joke as she attempt to get Eunbi’s attention. 

 

“Why not, i’ll bring some alcohol too. How about we meet on the roof and practise our dance on the edge of the building it may help with our balance” They heard Hitomi giggle but this still didn’t effect Eunbi. 

 

Sakura began to think they may have to be more outrageous to get their friends attention. 

 

“I’M GAY” Sakura said. Eunbi froze and looked up at her face in shock.

 

This seemed to get her attention. Sakura smiled triumphantly but when she looked at Nakos face was too a look shock, she soon realised that everyone in the class was looking at her. 

 

She then realised what she said, and her stomached dropped, what made things worse was that  Chaeyeon entered the classroom and her lunch was on the floor. 

 

She was about to speak expalin how it wa sjoke and it wasnt true, but the bell went off and their teacher entered the class and tells everyone to sit down and prepare form the class to begin. 

 

Sakura quickly walked to her desk, avoiding everyones eye contact. She then felt the eyes of Chaeyeon on her as she herself sat down next to sakura. 

 

She was joking..... right?