What's The Point

IZ*ONE HIGH

The pressure of exams were getting to everyone, many of the students were stressing over revision, every lesson was full of focus, and every lunch period was used for revision. The groups of students sat amongst themselves studying and today was no different. Yujin walked into the school cafeteria to see the mountain of students eating their lunch and revising, she chuckled to herself as she saw some extreme student not even bothering having lunch and were just revising.

Yujin joined the line to get her own lunch, as she waited she looked around to see her friends sat at a table on the opposite side of the room. She saw them studying, Yena and Yuri were in a pair, sharing a book together, Yuri was trying to get yea to focus on her work but she would eventually lose focus. Eunbi and Hyewon, who have been spending a lot more time together, were probably the most focused in the group. They were studying furiously and they helped each other if one of them was confused. 

Yujin finally got  her lunch and was walking over to the table. She sat down next Yena who was now focusing on her rather than studying annoying Yuri who huffed and gave up instating studying by herself. 

"Hey Yujin" Yena greeted attempting to get some of Yujin's food. 

"Sup Duckling" Yujin said slapping Yena's hand when she attempted to grab from her chips.

Yena faked gasped and pretend to be hurt, making Yuri stop studying  and turned her attention to look at Yena concerned. Yujin smirked when Yena explained to Yuri she was joking, Yuri shook her head and returned to studying. 

"Not studying then Yujin?" Hyewon asked, succeeding in taking a few of Yujin's chips, Yujin gave her a fake glare, but smirked. 

"No I need food and I've done plenty during class." Yujin explained, digging into her lunch, which consisted of a big hamburger, with cheese and a small plate of fries, and a few carrots and an apple. Hyewon and Yena attention was brought away form studying to focus there eyes on Yujin's tray. 

"Hmm" Yujin loudly moaned as she ate the burger, making Yena pout and groan. "ah I'm getting a burger myself." Yena huffed and stormed off to the line. 

"GET ME TWO" Hyewon shouted to Yena making Eunbi jump.  "sorry" Hyewon whispered putting her arm around Eunbi who rolled her eyes and returned her focus to studying. 

"We still have a few weeks till the exams, I don't really see the point of stressing so much?" Yujin said to Hyewon 'because the other two are not paying. 

"hmm well it doesn't help to be ahead, and not cram it all in one night." Hyewon said as she too returned to studying.

"hmm" Yujin thought nodding eating and she just stared into the cafeteria daydreaming, She didn't even notice Yena return with three burgers, One for her and the other two for Hyewon who ate them so fast, Yena hadn't even finished her own.   

"Christ Hyewon." Yena exclaimed making Yujin return to reality. Hyewon just smiled.

"Hey where are the others?" Yujin asked. 

"Oh....um Chaeyeon, Sakura and Nako, are studying in the classroom, Whilst Hitomi said she'll be here a bit late." Hyewon explained, Eunbi whipping food crumbs off Hyewon's mouth. Hyewon turned stared at Eunbi. The two stared into each others eyes. Yujin coughed which broke the two looking at each other, they both blushed which made Yujin smirk. Hyewon slapped Yujin as they both laughed, The two began to talk amongst   themselves as the others studied. 

Yujin looked towards the cafeteria doors, she saw Minjin enter with Chaewon and Wonyoung next to her. Minjin noticed Yujin, but once their eyes met she looked away quacking her steps walking past her table fast. Yujin watched her past and she noticed Chaewon and Wonyoung glare at her. Yujin didn't care, she was only worried about why Minju was acting strangely towards her. 

When Yujin turned back to her table, she sighed as she stared at her now empty tray, when she looked up to met Hyewon gaze, who looked sympathetic towards. Yujin feared she may have figured out that her and  Minjin were secretly dating. Hyewon winked  and Yujin's shoulder and  then smiled at her and know Yujin blushed and looked down at her food again.

Yujin felt  an intense aura surround her it made her freeze in her seat a wave of cold shivered up   her spine making the hair on the back of her  neck stand. She slowly turned around, no one was behind she looked around the cafeteria and saw an intense pair of eyes burn into her. Minju was sat near the wall, glaring at Yujin. 

Yujin didn't know how to react, so   she gave her   small smile and a little wave, Minju's glare faltered a little and Yujin could see a smile returning to Minju's face. However Yujin felt a hand on hers. Yujin turned around to find it was Hyewon. 

"Whats the matter?" Hyewon eyes showed concern but Yujin could tell she was teasing her. 

But before she could answer, Yujin's ears focused  on to the sound of cracking. Hyewon looked over Yujin's shoulder an dmsirbed, Yujin also slowly turned around slightly shocked to see Minju, her eyes grew in intensity and the cracking was her plastic utensils which Yujin saw were   broken in her hands. 

"uh" Yujin let out as she heard Hyewon giggle. 

Minju's intense aura faded away when Chaewon and Wonyoung sat with Minju. Yujin was confused, she turned around to see Hyewon had returned to studying , once and awhile Yujin would look over at Minju, but she never looked over at Yujin. 

---

Lunch had ended, Yujin was currently sat next to Hyewon in class, Miss Bae was drowning on about the poem they were studying. Yujin wasn't focused her attention was on the girl sat at the desk next to her. Minjin was now ignoring Yujin, which a few months ago she wouldn't of minded, but now it was killing her inside. 

However Hyewon as distractions her passing notes amongst themselves. She read a joke Hyewon made about how the poem didn't make much sense, making Yujin chuckle quietly. She heard some one sigh and mimic them next to her. Yujin and Hyewon looked over to see a slightly embarrassed Minju who stared at them. She scoffed and glared at Yujin before putting her head down and working. 

Yujin was now even more confused. She looked at her work, but as she works she tried to work out 'what was wrong with Minju?'. 'Ever since she entered the cafeteria at lunchtime she's been ignoring me, I was only taking to Hyewon, and when I waved at her she got angry again, Hyewon only held my hand to get her attention. And juts now she got childish when I laughed at Hyewon's joke..........oh ' 

'She is Jealous.' Yujin figured it out and wrote something. on her note pad and showed it to Hyewon. 

'Minju's jealous of you'- Y

'why would she be jealous doesn't she hate you'-H 

next Hyewon's note there was a wink face and a heart. 

'yeah ok, you know don't you that's why you've been overly touchy and funny.'y

'I don't know what you mean' -H

Yujin looked up at Hyewon who was just smirking, 

'don't tell anyone alright, she doesn't want to say anything' -y

'its alright don't worry, I won't tell a soul, and who knows maybe we could double date, 

'wait who are you dating?' -Y

"secret" Hyewon finally whispered to Yujin in her ear. Yujin could feel Minju watch them her glare burning into her head. But another pair of eyes was also watching them, she looked around to. see the class president watching them from the front near Miss Bae desk as she just turned her work in. 

Yujin watch Hyewon and they shared a smile. Yujin turned to the front and looked sideways at minju who sighed na looked down at her work. 

-------

The final bell rang as Yujin ached away her stuff. She noticed that Minju packed quickly and left without her friends.  Yujin smiled, 'she still must be jealous'. Yujin ran out the class and see her amongst the other students, she run after her, but couldn't get through the crowd.

But she did know the way Minju left school, SO Yujin quickly ran the other way to meet her on her route out the building. She saw her coming down the hallway, she hadn't seen her. Yujin hid in the toilets. keeping the door slightly open until she saw her pass. She grabbed her wrist and pulled her into the closet. 

Minju was about to scream but Yujin cover and switched on the light. Minju's eyes calmed when she saw Yujin's cheeky expression. 

"hello Min" Yujin said removing her hand leaning in to kiss her but Minju turned her head away. "Still jealous?" 

Minju snapped her head to face her, shocked and Embarrassed. "Im not jealous and why do I need, to be jealous... oh her?" Minju looked away form Yujin glaring at nothing.

Yujin smirked and put her fingers on Minjus chin making her face her. Yujin looked into Minju's eyes.  "You know I only have yes for you" 

Yujin leaned into Minju and their lips met, Yujin felt Minju's tension go into the kiss. She kissed her hungrily holding on her hoodie pulling her in closer. When they played away Minju was still staring angrily at Yujin she still held her. She then shoved Yujin into the wall behind Yujin her head slamming against the wall. 

"your mine....." Minju didn't allow Yujin to reply before she claimed her lips again. Yujin didn't mind the pain the emotion within the kiss soothed the headache she was getting. 

"MINJU"

both froze pulling away from each other leaving a few millimetres between their lips. 

"minju? where are you ?" They could hear Chaewon shout in the corridor both stood there frozen not knowing what to do. 

"are you in the bathroom.?" They heard her hand hold the door handle.

"CHAEWON" Yujin heard Hyewon shout "That toilets out of use, Eunbi told me this morning the toilets were over flowing with other student, ...well you wouldn't want me to got its detail would you." 

"ew ok...have you seen Minju?" 

"I think I saw her go to the library"

"Thank you HYEWON?" They could hear Chaewon run off. 

there silence for a bit before the two moved away from each other when Hyewon entered the toilets. 

"Well that was close huh?"  Hyewon said smirking at the two blushing girls who stood close to each other. "your welcome" 

Minju hid behind Yujin who just stared Hyewon. "thanks.." Yujin muttered.

"its okay but You" Hyewon said looking minju in a serious tone, "I know what you did all those years ago, and Yujin's my firmed so if you hurt one more time I will hurt you ok.?" Hyewon was slightly towering Minju who just nodded and held Yujin's hand tightly. "Ok then" Her tone returning to normal. "see you tow love birds later" 

With that Hyewon left. Yujin let out a long breath turning to Minju. "suppose you gotta go to the library then?" 

"hmm" Minju said not looking at Yujin 

"hey don't worry about her." 

"I know" 

"Well I call you later"

"ok" 

Yujin didn't know hat to do so she just started walking towards the door. 

"Yujin" Yujin was about to open the door when Minju stopped her "I...i......i..."

"I know" Yujin said not really wanting to hear it. "Just take you time" 

Yujin smiled and left leaving Minju alone in the toilets. 

Yujin felt something was wrong , her heart knew it, and the tear leaving her eye confirmed she was afraid Minju would be like she was before..