Chapter 1 - First day (Part 1)

IZ*ONE HIGH

Chapter 1

 

Sakura was arriving at the school gate it was quiet due to her always arriving at school earlier than anyone else in her class. 

 

“SAKURA”

 

Sakura stops and turns around to see her best friend Nako, a small girl running towards her. The sight was cute sakura thought but she seemed to be carrying a lot in her multiple bags making slower and it  took a bit for her to reach Sakura . 

 

“Morning sakura… “ Nako greeted out of breath. 

 

“Morning Nako, you’re not normally here this early.” She says as she takes some of the bags of Nakos shoulders.

 

“Thank you and yeah I have to help the class president with the start of the new year. You know how crazy she gets ” 

 

They both made their way to the classroom in which sakura noticed the class present was indeed in there and seemed to be stressing over the some papers. 

 

“Right so then if we put them together .. ah yes.. that should work and then we also …oh maybe if…” 

 

The girl seemed to be mumbling to herself. Her eyebrows twitching as she seemed to be coming a new idea every second. 

 

“Eunbi…” Nako interrupted, but it didn’t seem to effect the class president. Nako sighed and heaved the load of bags and slams them on the table next to Eunbi.

 

This seemed to snapped Eunbi out of her trance. “Oh Nako and Sakura, Good morning. Did you..?”

 

“YES, it’s all in there. Don’t worry” Nako smiled as she looked over Eunbi shoulder. “Oo new seating arrangements.” 

 

This got sakura attention as she two attempted to catch a look to see who’s her a new seat mate. 

 

She noticed she was sitting next to a girl named Chaeyeon. ‘She must be new’ 

 

Sakura was sat at her desk on her phone, looking at most recent video refinance at about the her last round. 

 

“Woo Yuri we are seat mates ” Yena excitedly says as she hugs her best friend. Yuri and drags her to their seats. 

 

Sakura sighed as she noticed more girls entering the classroom. Some she recognises and some she doesn’t.

 

 

She noticed out the classroom in the hallway her other friend from her old school. Hitomi. She has always seemed shy and a bit reserved compared to herself and Nako.

 

Hitomi hunches close to her books and manoeuvred around  the crowded hallways and looking for her classroom, but as she entered the classroom she bumped into a red haired girl. Hitomi fell back dropping her books onto the fall. 

 

She felt pain thought her back as she opens her eyes to see the red head girl looking down at her. “Watch it” she says as she stepped around Hitomi to enter a classroom. 

 

Hitomi’s face reddens as she feels the attention on her. She looks down and collects her books and see another persons hand. She freezes and looks up to see who’s helping her. 

 

“Hi Hitomi” Sakura whispers as she helps Hitomi up. 

 

“Sakura… “ 

 

“Long time no see.” She smiles down at the shorter girl. Hitomi smiles at her, but see the red hair grill from before staring at the two.

 

“Are you alright?” Sakura asked as she stared at her with concern. “Im…f.fine” 

 

Sakura gives her a smile “lets have look to see where you’re sitting?” Sakura shows Hitomi the setting arrangements. Hitomi see she’s sitting next to someone called ‘Chaewon’ 

 

Hitomi nods at sakura and turns around to find her seat she looks at the desk to find her number and stops as she see someone at her desk. She looks up to see the red head she bumped into. 

 

“Oh so your Hitomi? sounds Japanese” Chaewon commuted. 

 

“I am Japanese” Hitomi whispers as she sits down next to her. Chaewon looks slightly shocked and seemed to blush as she stares at Hitomi 

 

“Hey look I’m sorry about early just anxious about first day you know, and lets just say I didn’t have the greatest morning.” Hitomi looked up at this and gave a small smile 

 

“Its alright lets ..um.. r..restart”

Chaewon froze as she looked at the girls smile and she couldnt help but return the smile as she blushed. However she didn’t notice that the reason for her bad mood entered the classroom.