Partner

Secret Admirer

 

It's finally exactly a month before the semester ends. YAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!! [a/n: Whyyyy my semester is just starting~ :))]
 
Well, it's been approximately six weeks ever since that weird secret admirer guy started giving me roses via Nat daily (well, not really daily, but every school day!). It's also been two weeks ever since Youngbae and I had that quarrel on Twitter. Those are the times I really miss him: those kinds of things can't be talked about through chat or DM, we should be talking to each other personally. I wish he were here right now.
 
Anyways, last month of the semester means more work to be done. UGGGGHHHHHH WHYYYYYYYYYY. These are really the times when I just wish that Ms. Park would tell me that Big Bang will come back here and want me to be their interpreter again. But oh well, time to face the music, and so far already four of my six subjects have given their final paper requirements. Yes, with an s. I think each subject has about two to four papers left to do. Some of them are hard while the others are fairly easy that I'm gonna start on all the easy ones for the next two days. Good thing one of those six subjects of mine is PE.
 
 
 
"So, the final project for this class will be a full research paper on the disputes between any two countries of your choice," our history professor said.
 
OH. GREAT. A full-blown paper? In a month?! Is she kidding me?
 
"The paper should include an abstract," I started taking down notes, "review of related literature, introduction, methods of data-gathering, results, recommendations, and conclusion. I believe at this point, the easiest data-gathering method is an interview with any of the experts in the countries you'll be researching on."
 
My life. Oh my life, where will you go for the next month? I can't believe I will lose you~
 
"You are to work in pairs, and you can choose your own partner. The paper will be submitted exactly a month later at my office. You can use the rest of the period to find a partner and talk to them. Submit a small piece of paper with your names, and the two countries you'll be researching on." And with that, the professor sat down and started reading her book.
 
Oh great. None of my friends are here in this class, meaning I'm all alone, without a partner! I guess I should just wait for someone to take pity on-
 
"Hey, you have a partner yet?" I look up and see this guy, kinda preppy-meets-laid-back look, smiling at me.
 
"M-Me?" I point to myself.
 
"Yeah," he chuckled. "I was hoping we can be partners?"
 
"Oh~" My eyes widened in realization, "Sure!" He smiled pretty widely and sat down beside me.
 
"Thanks," he smiled, "I don't really have any friends in this class."
 
"Oh no, it's cool," I smiled too, "I don't have friends here either."
 
"I'm Lance," he stuck out his hand.
 
"_________. Nice to meet you," I held his hand and shook it.
 
"So, any ideas on which two countries to research on?" He rested his elbow on the desk and rested his head on his hand.
 
"I was thinking the two Koreas?" I looked at him, asking if it's okay. "I mean, I'm kinda familiar with it."
 
"Oh, really?" he beamed. "Cool, the two Koreas it is." Lance started writing our names, with me saying my last name to him, on the paper, along with our topic, and gave it to the professor.
 
"_________," the professor called, a knowing smile on her face.
 
"Yes Ma'am?" I stood up and walked up to her. Lance was still in front.
 
"Very obvious choice from you," she laughed. "I still remember that month you were off."
 
"Ahh," I giggled. "Well, yes, since I'm awfully familiar with the country."
 
"Good. I'm expecting more from this team then," she nodded, signalling the end of our conversation.
 
"Woah, what was that about?" Lance asked as we sat down again.
 
"I kinda took a month off from school because I got a job as an interpreter for some important Koreans when they went here."
 
"Cool!" He smiled. "I guess you're pretty fluent in the language then?"
 
"Yeah, I guess," I laughed. "That's why I think it's easier to get some info: I can just ask my Korean prof for some names, set up appointments, and the conversations won't go awkwardly."
 
"That's awesome," he laughed. "So, when do you wanna start? I was thinking we could individually do some research and RRL first before meeting up. Maybe you can contact some people we could interview?"
 
"I was thinking the same thing!" I gushed. "And I'm kinda hoping for the same thing 'coz I wanna get some other papers done this week."
 
"Oh yeah," he groaned. "I have like, eight papers and two projects total, excluding this one."
 
"We'll just have to endure it, I guess," I laughed.
 
"I guess I'm lucky to have an optimistic partner," he chuckled. "So, I guess we should exchange numbers and add each other up on Facebook then."
 
"Yeah, sure," I smiled and we exchanged numbers. He seems like a nice guy, really.
 
 
 
 
 
After class I immediately went home and started on my small-scaled papers. I already finished three, it's eight o'clock, and it's just when I finally decided to check my Twitter.
 
How was school? Do I even have to tell you who DM-ed me?
 
I have so many projects TT_____________________________TT
 
Fighting, _________-ah! ^^ I know you can do it! If you need anything, don't hesitate to tell me, araseo?
 
I just miss you oppa... I wish you were here~
 
I wish I was there too... Any guys approaching you lately aside from that stupid rose guy?
 
Oppa! kkk Well, no one, but my partner in one of my projects is a guy...
 
I can already see Youngbae's reply even before it came.
 
YA! WHY DID YOU LET A GUY BE PARTNERS WITH YOU?!
 
Oppa! He's nice, and he looks responsible. Besides, I don't have friends in that class~
 
If he tries to hit on you, you better tell me so I could kill him, araseo??!
 
It's bad to kill, oppa~ :(
 
Araseo... I'll just punch him and kick him where the sun doesn't shine. I hope you can imagine how hard I'm laughing right now. Seriously!
 
Araseo oppa :) I won't let him go so close, okay? ^^
 
That's my _________ ^^
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Wait.
 
 
 
 
 
Hold up.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My... _________?
 
 
 
 
 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 
HAI GAIS!!!
 
Yay new chapter!! ^^
Because Lance was begging to be introduced already :)) Say hi to Lance, guys!!! ^^
Well... :))
 
I hope you liked this update! Thank you so much for all the comments!!!
 
@Seonriyong: uous father?! =)))))))) OMO SAENGIE-AH~ HAHAHAHAHA!! SARANGHAEEE~~~
@Miyusa: No no it's not like that :) It's just the first time I heard someone call me noona :)) You can call me however you want :)
@panda_jana: -pretends to be clueless- What's the magic word??? =)))))
@nhichole18: I can't use the "releasing anger by hitting Seungri" tactic 'coz I already used it in TS, and Jiyong doesn't have a Twitter account here to tell on 'you' (like what happened in TS) hahaha! So yeah, let's go with Youngbae glaring at the computer screen =))))))) Ehhh~~ But- but- trolling!!! =))))