Library

Secret Admirer

 

"Hey, sorry I'm a bit late."
 
"No, it's fine," I smiled. "Not like the library's the most tempting place to go to on a Saturday morning."
 
Lance and I met up in the library to do some talking about our project and do more researching if needed. Honestly, all the school work is so stressing right now! I mean, I still have three full papers to do apart from this, and I can't even talk to Youngbae everyday like we used to. So much stress, but I'm slowly feeling the fact that the semester break's soon approaching. TWO WEEKS OF REST WHADDUP!
 
But while it's not the break yet, I have to endure all this school suffering. Yay. Note the sarcasm.
 
"So, when will we meet the people we're supposed to interview?" he asked me while taking out the stuff he's researched.
 
"Well, actually, I kind of talked to them based on my schedule since I don't know yours, sorry," I smiled. "I think it's fine if I go alone on the interviews."
 
"When did you schedule them?" he looked up to me and smiled.
 
Woah. "Well, one on Monday afternoon, two on Wednesday since I don't have an afternoon class that day, and one on Thursday afternoon. The other one would be just an e-mail interview." His smile looks weird.
 
"Is that Thursday interview scheduled at around 4PM?"
 
"Yeah," I smiled, "Are you free then?"
 
"Yeah." he grinned, as if relieved, "I can acompany you that day. But how are you planning to travel for the others?"
 
"I can commute, you know."
 
"Not doubting that," he quietly laughed. "So, I guess I'll only be able to accompany you on Thursday then."
 
"Okay," I smiled. "Hmm, I'll probably be done with the encoding and translating of the interviews by the end of the week next week."
 
"I'll start on the other parts of the paper, especially the RRL since that's what we can do right now."
 
"I can help-"
 
"No way," he laughed and shook his head. "I mean, you're already doing these interviews, and since I can't understand Korean, I can't help you with translating, so basically you'll be doing all that. The least I can do is make sure that by next week, at least two parts of our paper are done. You can send me the interviews one at a time when you're done translating them so I can incorporate them in the paper already."
 
"Are you sure? I mean, I can really help," I felt myself pouting.
 
"You're the one who thought of the topic, found the key informants, you're gonna interview them yourself, and you'll translate everything yourself. Trust me, that's a whole lot already, you're basically the reason why we have our paper."
 
"Okay then, if you insist," I shrugged. "So, here's what I found so far..."
 
I really don't get why he's so nice to me. I mean, I can do a bit more work! Honestly, I want to at least write something for the final paper, not just translate and interview and shiz. But whatever, if he insists then I don't have a choice. I'll just help out with the whole conclusion part. And I'll be able to concentrate on my other papers. OH WELL THEN.
 
The way he looks at me is weird, though. I get the friendly part of his gaze, but there's something else, something I don't really know if I want to understand. Actually, I'm just thinking that I want to go to Youngbae and hug him, but I don't know why. Like, I want to seek his comfort. But I know Lance is a nice guy, I just don't know why I'm so... anxious to see -- or at least talk to -- Youngbae right now.
 
My phone rang while I was talking to Lance about our research, "Yeoboseyo?"
 
Lance looked at me, curious. "Ah, ne, annyeonghaseyo," I bowed when I found out who called me. It was one of the people I'll be interviewing. "Ne, joesonghamnida, jigeum doseogwan-e isseoyo, ne [Yes, I'm sorry, I'm in the library right now, yes]."
 
"Ne, suyoil-e keogi-e kalkeoyeyo, inteobyu-reul haeseoyo, ne [Yes, I'll go there on Wednesday, to do the interview, yes]." His eyes seem twinkling, with amusement? Well, he's smiling right now so... but I don't get it.
 
"Ne, geureom, suyoil-e ohoo ne shi-e mannalkeoyeyo, seonsaengnim [Yes, then, we'll meet on Wednesday, 4PM, sir]," I nodded. "Ne, kamsahamnida, i nal jal boneseyo [Yes, thank you, I hope you have a good day]," and with that, he hung up.
 
"You seem very proficient in Korean," Lance said, looking amused.
 
"Yeah, I've been studying it since high school, so..." I nodded.
 
"Who was that?"
 
"Mr. Jang, the one I'll be interviewing on Wednesday. He just made sure that we'll be meeting."
 
"I can't get over it," he chuckled, "You're so good in Korean, I felt like I was watching a drama."
 
"Yeah that's what everyone says," I rolled my eyes and laughed.
 
And yep, we spent the rest of the four succeeding hours talking about our project.
 
 
 
 
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 
Click Next :>