Chapter 6

A Boy and His (wolf)Dog

Things had been so hectic as of late that they missed the time to watch the drama with Kangmin, who said that it was fine. He had missions and had also missed the episode. They would watch the rest of the series when they were together again, and Hyunbin made a promise about watching the rest of the series with him. Whenever they all had free time anyway.

They seemed to be left alone at least, as Hyunbin's father stopped trashing the house whenever they returned after Yedam showed them the evidence of what they were doing. Anything coming from the big boss of the werewolf hunting association always struck fear in the other werewolf hunters, especially after what had happened to the Chae's, who were the longest standing werewolf hunting clans in the world until Yedam single handedly wiped them out.

Missions kept Hyunbin and Sanggyun out of Berlin for a few weeks, but Yoonbin would be just fine while they were gone. Moonbin had returned, and Renjun was working there again while Chan's pack was all out doing missions. Renjun was put on the same days as Yoonbin and they worked together just fine making drinks. Rocky and Jinhwan had alternating days so that Jinhwan's increasingly difficult to handle anger could be spent out in the forests outside Berlin to calm down.

 

~



After a particularly bad day where Yoonbin was nearly slammed into the wall by a snarling Jinhwan, Chanwoo had sent him home early. "We'll be fine, it's always not too crowded when Jinwoo's out," explained Chanwoo. With that Yoonbin left after making sure that his paycheck would go through that night and walked the streets of Berlin. It was still a few hours before he was due to go home so he decided to get some grocery shopping done.

As he got his shopping done Yoonbin ran into Eunwoo who was also getting groceries. "Oh hey," said Eunwoo. "Yoonbin was it?" He asked. Yoonbin nodded, smiling slightly in response. "They sent you home early again? Was it Jinhwan again?" Asked Eunwoo. Yoonbin nodded, his gaze moving to look at his feet.

"Hey," said Eunwoo. "It's nothing against you alright?" He asked. "Jinhwan's always been like this, his scars are a touchy subject, and humans always talk about them," he said. "Your silence is not helping the situation," he said, scratching the back of his head. "And, don't worry, I understand that you have your reasons," he said. "But it's Jinhwan," he said, sighing. "He can't help it," he said.

Yoonbin blinked, looking back up at Eunwoo. Eunwoo gave a gentle smile. "No worries alright? Some of the others will be returning soon," he said. "Jinhwan needs a break from the coffee shop, and the others returning will give him that much needed break," he said. Yoonbin nodded and went to finish shopping, with Eunwoo offering to drive him home after they met up in the entrance to the store.

On the drive home Yoonbin decided to speak, his voice slightly dry from disuse. "I know it's not my fault for his hostility to me," he said, earning a raised eyebrow from Eunwoo as he drove. "But I want him to know that I don't blame him for his natural hate towards my kind," he said. "I was turned away by the scars at first too," he confessed. "But I've been working with him every other day for a few months now, I'm used to it," he said. "I'm sure he'll appreciate the honesty," Eunwoo said after he processed the information.

"No one has lasted long in his presence, at least human wise," he said. "We did have human workers but they quit after a few weeks," he said. "That would explain why the employee roster is the same until someone comes back from missions," mumbled Yoonbin. "That would be it," Eunwoo said, sighing.

"I hate to leave them for the hospital but after a particularly bad experience where I couldn't do a thing I had to return to the medical field to touch up on my medical knowledge," he said. "What happened if you don't mind me asking?" Asked Yoonbin. "Ah," said Eunwoo. "I'd rather not talk about it," he said. "Okay," said Yoonbin.

Eunwoo stopped in the driveway to the house, parking the jeep. "Here we are," he said. "Come inside with me?" Asked Yoonbin. "I know it's been months since the last time they trashed the house but," he said, shrugging. "Sure," said Eunwoo. Yoonbin got out and went to get his groceries and went to unlock the door and head inside with Eunwoo following after him.

"Looks like everything is fine," said Eunwoo as he looked around. Yoonbin nodded. "Thank you," he said. Eunwoo smiled. "No problem," he said.

"You know," said Eunwoo. "You should speak more, for Jinhwan's sake," he said. "Maybe it'll make things less hostile between you two," he said. "I wouldn't be saying this if you weren't human but," he said, scratching the back of his head. "I'll think about it," said Yoonbin. "Thank you," he said. Eunwoo nodded and left after helping put things away.

 

~



The next working day Yoonbin had Moonbin was working, with a person that Yoonbin hadn't seen yet along with Renjun. "Hey, this is Jinwoo," said Moonbin as he introduced the two. "Just don't mind his lazy nature, he's making drinks with you today," he said. Yoonbin nodded, smiling slightly in greeting. Jinwoo smiled back.

"Jinhwan also appreciates what you told Eunwoo," said Moonbin. "Not many can stand his violent tendencies," he said. Yoonbin nodded. "He's sorry for everything, he finally got some missions so he won't be as violent prone when he gets back," said Moonbin. Yoonbin nodded in understanding.

"Do you know when your brother and the wolf-dog are going to be back?" Asked Moonbin. Yoonbin shook his head. "Hm, that's a shame, Renjun was looking forward to seeing Sanggyun again," said Moonbin as he chuckled some. Yoonbin tilted his head to the side. "Ah, Renjun's like Sanggyun, except he was born that way," explained Moonbin. "They've become good friends," he said. Yoonbin hummed, nodding slightly in acknowledgement.