Chapter 10

A Boy and His (wolf)Dog

They both hated the flight home, and yet it was the two wolves with them that kept them calm. Something about Seungmin and Felix had Sanggyun acting strangely calm, and Hyunbin was tempted to ask how it was possible. Hyunbin never figured it out, as they landed in Berlin after a long flight of listening to a baby crying for almost half the flight.

"I swear, we always have a crying baby during every flight," said Sanggyun as they headed out of the terminal after Hyunbin got his bags. "It's always the one thing that likes to test your patience eh?" Asked Seungmin as he scratched the back of his head. "Who's picking us up?" He asked. "I have a car parked in long term parking," said Hyunbin. "Come on then," he said. They headed over to the long term parking lot, with Sanggyun driving over to the coffee shop since it was still open according to the time.

"Hey, welcome back," said Moonbin when he saw them. "Hello," said Hyunbin. "Hello Seungmin, Felix," said Moonbin. "Hello," said Seungmin. Felix nodded his head in greeting. "It's Yoonbin's day off," Moonbin said, scratching the back of his head. "Ah, that's fine," said Hyunbin. "Jeongwoo's with him?" He asked. Moonbin nodded. "Hasn't stopped following him around since you two left," he said. "Sounds like something Jeongwoo would do," Seungmin said, scratching the back of his head.

"The usual?" Asked Moonbin. "Sure, to go," said Hyunbin as he went to pay for the drinks. Moonbin processed the order before handing back the change. "It'll be a few minutes," he said. Hyunbin nodded and went to wait by the counter, with Sanggyun going to stand with him.

"Ah, we brought reports too," said Seungmin as he walked over and passed over some papers. "From who?" Asked Moonbin as he glanced at the paper. "Changkhyun's, Minhyun's, and MJ's respective packs," said Seungmin. "I see," said Moonbin as he nodded, reading over the papers more thoroughly. Seungmin nodded and went to stand with Hyunbin and Sanggyun, Felix going to stand over by the windows and looking out at the traffic.

After getting their orders they headed back to Hyunbin's home, Hyunbin driving home this time. Sanggyun was getting tired, and that meant he just wanted to nap on his favorite giant dog bed in his wolf-dog form. Some things will never change it seemed.

"We're home," called Hyunbin once they entered the house. Yoonbin ran out of his room with Jeongwoo, tackling Hyunbin. "Hey," said Hyunbin as he laughs, hugging Yoonbin back. "Seungmin!" Said Jeongwoo as he tackled his brother. "Hello Jeongwoo," said Seungmin as he chuckled, patting Jeongwoo on the head.

"They treated you well I hope," said Seungmin. "Of course!" Said Jeongwoo. "When Hyunbin and Sanggyun weren't around I went with Yoonbin here," he said. "They were nice enough to let me stay here while you were doing your missions," he said. "I see," said Seungmin.

"It's rather unfortunate," said Felix as he looked at Seungmin. Seungmin sighed. "I wish we could let you into the pack," he said. "But Chan said no," he said. "Renjun being around is enough, he's the only non hunter," he said. "That and we're dealing with a human," he said. "Not that it's a bad thing," he added. "But two non hunters put a big target on our heads for the wolf council," he said.

"They've been pushing to make your pack official huh?" Asked Sanggyun as he looked at Seungmin. Seungmin nodded. "I didn't want to get Jeongwoo involved, but they forced our hand with this," he said, scratching the back of his head. "I'm sorry," said Jeongwoo. "It's not your fault," said Seungmin as he sighed. "I blame the wolf council here," he said. Jeongwoo nodded.

"It's good to see you again though," said Seungmin. "I'll try and convince Chan to let you stay with us but don't hold onto the idea until I have a confirmation," he said. "With what's been happening I doubt it, but Chan was always one for family," he said. "So maybe," he said. Jeongwoo nodded.

"Well," said Hyunbin. "Are you two okay with being in the livingroom for the night?" He asked. "Ah, right sorry," said Seungmin. "Yeah, we'll be fine," he said. "Sanggyun can take his bed into my room," said Hyunbin. Sanggyun nodded and went to grab the dog bed and take it into Hyunbin's room. "If you need anything just say so," said Hyunbin. Seungmin and Felix nod. Yoonbin waved before heading off to his room with Jeongwoo following after him. Seungmin and Felix were left to set up in the livingroom for the night.

 

~



"What has you so calm around the two?" Hyunbin asked Sanggyun as they were running errands. "Seungmin and Felix?" Asked Sanggyun. Hyunbin nodded. "I don't know," said Sanggyun as he shrugged. "The aura that oozes off of Seungmin is pretty... I don't know, dominant?" He asked. "Hm," said Hyunbin.

"I'd imagine that with Chan's pack he plays a pretty big role when making decisions, he just seems like that kind of person," said Sanggyun. "I've never seen you been so calm around anyone, except me," said Hyunbin. Sanggyun hummed in response.

After finishing their errands Hyunbin headed to the coffee shop with Sanggyun going in his wolf-dog form so Hyunbin had to abide by the leash laws and put a leash on his collar.

When they reached the coffee shop it was Jinhwan that greeted him. "Hello," said Jinhwan. "Chanwoo and Moonbin out?" Asked Hyunbin. "Yeah," said Jinhwan. "But things are fine," he added. "The usual?" He asked. "Sure," said Hyunbin as he went to pay for it. "Where's Jeongwoo?" He asked. "Ah," said Jinhwan as he processed the order and handed the change and receipt back to Hyunbin. "He's behind the counter in wolf form," he said. "Yoonbin made sure it was okay to do so," he added. "I see," said Hyunbin. Yoonbin scratched the back of his head in a sheepish manner. Hyunbin chuckled slightly and went to sit down, with Sanggyun sitting at his feet.

Yoonbin came over with Hyunbin's drink, placing it on the table and sitting down. "Hey bro," said Hyunbin, smiling slightly in thanks. Yoonbin nodded. "Break time?" Asked Hyunbin. Yoonbin nodded again.

The door chimed and in walked someone new, with Sanggyun lifting up his head to look at who it was. Hyunbin took notice as he raised an eyebrow. Yoonbin shook his head, getting up and walking back to the counter to get ready to make drinks with Yunhyeong.

"Welcome," said Jinhwan. "Hello," said the new customer. "Moonbin in?" He asked. "Not right now, no," said Jinhwan. "What's up?" He asked. "I can tell him you passed by," he added. "Ah, tell him Chunji stopped by," said Chunji. "Chunji hm?" Asked Jinhwan. "Alright, I'll let him know," he said.

"Is that all?" He asked. "Ah, I'll have the usual, to go," said Chunji as he went to pay for the drink. Jinhwan processed the order and handed back the change. "It'll be a few minutes," he said. Chunji nodded and went to stand and wait. Yoonbin went to make the order, Yunhyeong keeping an eye on things to make sure it was made correctly.

The door chimed again and in walked Seungmin and Felix, nodding to Hyunbin and Sanggyun as they walked up to the counter. "Hey," said Jinhwan. "The usual?" He asked. "Sure," said Seungmin. "To go," he added, going to pay for it. "We'll be heading home after this so," he said. "Alright, have a safe trip," said Jinhwan as he processed the order and handed back the change. Felix went to wait for their drinks while Seungmin went to sit in front of Hyunbin.

"Going home then?" Asked Hyunbin. "Yeah," said Seungmin. "We were waiting on another team to get back so that Renjun can come home so," he said, shrugging. "We usually wait until at least two teams are home so," he said. "I see," said Hyunbin.

"If all goes well, we'll come back for Jeongwoo," said Seungmin. "Can't guarantee anything but," he said, shrugging. "It's alright, Yoonbin's been alone for too long, he's grateful for the company," said Hyunbin. Seungmin nodded.

Felix came over with their drinks and they soon left, Seungmin saying goodbye to Jeongwoo. Chunji soon left with his drink and Sanggyun laid his head down, a sign to Hyunbin that the danger had passed. Whatever danger it was, Hyunbin wasn't sure.