Chapter 3

A Boy and His (wolf)Dog

Hyunbin was busy the next morning, so it was up to Sanggyun to bring Yoonbin to the coffee shop since all Hyunbin was doing was reporting to his father about their missions. Yoonbin dressed in normal clothes, seeing that the others were wearing normal clothes at the coffee shop yesterday. Sanggyun was there to keep an eye on Yoonbin and make sure things went fine.

"Ah, hey," said Moonbin as he spotted Yoonbin and Sanggyun. "The usual, wolf-dog?" He asked. "Sure," said Sanggyun. "Rocky, help out Yoonbin today, he's making drinks with you," said Moonbin. Rocky nodded. "No problem," he said. Yoonbin nodded, going to get an apron before coming back to where Rocky was. Sanggyun went to pay for his drink before going to sit down.

The morning rush was okay for the most part, with Rocky having to explain to Jinhwan that drinks would be slightly slower due to teaching Yoonbin how to make some of the easier drinks. The human customers were understanding, having heard of a new worker coming in that day. Moonbin was patient, only taking orders after making sure that Yoonbin would be good with the workload he was given. Rocky was impatient at times, but otherwise made sure that Yoonbin knew what to do. The morning rush was okay, with a little hiccups here and there. Rocky and Yoonbin eventually had a system going by lunch, Rocky getting used to Yoonbin's silence after the first 20 drinks.

Jinhwan was more frustrated with the humans whispering about the scars on his face, but he delivered drinks anyway, knowing there wasn't much the others could do about it. Everyone could only give silent bouts of encouragement, knowing how tough this was for him. After lunch Moonbin had Jinhwan switch with Rocky, letting Rocky deliver drinks for the rest of the afternoon. Yoonbin could only give a gentle smile in encouragement, nodding to Jinhwan. Jinhwan nodded back and they went on with making drinks when orders came in.

Sometime in the afternoon Hyunbin walked into the coffee shop with his hands in his pockets. "Hey," said Moonbin. "The usual then?" He asked. "Please," said Hyunbin as he went to pay for his drink. Moonbin processed the order and gave the change back to Hyunbin before Hyunbin went to sit down in front of Sanggyun.

"How was the talk?" Asked Sanggyun as he tilted his head to the side. "Frustrating as usual," Hyunbin said with a sigh as he shook his head. "How'd it go today?" He asked. "Went well for a first day," said Sanggyun. "A little hiccups, but otherwise went fine," he said. "That's good," said Hyunbin.

Rocky walked over with a refill for Sanggyun and Hyunbin's drink. "How'd it go?" Asked Hyunbin. "Fine," said Rocky. "It was a little awkward at first, not being used to a silent coworker but," he said, shrugging. "We got a system down after a bit," he said. "You'll have to talk to Jinhwan when Moonbin decides it's time for us to switch again to get his opinion," he said. "It's up to Moonbin though, if he gets the job or not," he said. Hyunbin nodded and Rocky walked away.

The rest of the afternoon Moonbin had Yoonbin switch with Rocky to see how he would handle delivering drinks, seeing that it was a relatively slow afternoon. Hyunbin and Sanggyun stayed around for the rest of the afternoon until closing time, wanting to wait on Yoonbin to be done with work.

Close to closing time Eunwoo and Hongseok stopped by, having finally gotten off a long shift at the hospital. "Hey you two," said Moonbin. "Chanwoo visiting Donghan?" Asked Eunwoo. "That and we got a new employee," said Moonbin as he nodded at Yoonbin who was cleaning tables. "Ah, so we heard," said Eunwoo.

"The usual before we close for the night?" Asked Moonbin. "Sure," said Eunwoo. "I guess," said Hongseok. "Alright," said Moonbin as Eunwoo went to pay for the drinks. "It's a to go order Yoonbin, you're free to go after you clean the last table," called Moonbin as he handed the order to Rocky. Yoonbin put up a thumbs up before going to finish cleaning tables. Everyone got ready to close the coffee shop, with Hyunbin and Sanggyun going to stand outside waiting for Yoonbin.

Jinhwan met them outside to talk about Yoonbin. "Your brother is very patient," he remarked. Hyunbin scratched the back of his head. "He has the same patience as I do," he said. "What did you think when you worked with him?" He asked. "He seems like a good employee," said Jinhwan. "However I'd have to work with him in the morning when it's busy to judge how he did," he said. "From when I did interact with him he got drinks out pretty quickly," he said.

"I commend you, for being able to stay calm throughout the day with all the whispering going on," said Sanggyun. "Even after so many years it's hard to get used to," Jinhwan said, sighing. "I don't think you'll ever get used to it," said Sanggyun. "It comes with the PTSD I guess," he said. Jinhwan hummed.

When the others left the coffee shop Moonbin was discussing with Yoonbin about coming in the next day. "Come in around the same time alright? Eunwoo's in tomorrow, so you have to answer to him," he said. "I'll be taking orders," said Eunwoo. "Hongseok's with Rocky tomorrow," he said. Yoonbin nodded. "See you tomorrow," said Moonbin. Yoonbin waved before walking over to Hyunbin and Sanggyun. "See you guys tomorrow," called Sanggyun. Moonbin waved and left with his pack. Hyunbin, Sanggyun and Yoonbin headed home.

"You did good today," said Hyunbin. "Just be aware that you might run into a lot of people who are only there to deliver messages," he said. "I'm sure you're aware that vampire hunters also frequent Berlin," he added. Yoonbin nodded. "We're good then," said Hyunbin.

When they got home Hyunbin made dinner, everyone sitting at the table to eat. Sanggyun was encouraging Yoonbin to speak, though Yoonbin remained silent throughout dinner. Hyunbin didn't mind the silence coming from Yoonbin however, nodding at Sanggyun for at least trying. After dinner everyone went off to their respective places, with Sanggyun flopping down onto his giant dog bed after taking down his human illusion while Hyunbin and Yoonbin went off to their respective rooms.