Chapter 11

A Boy and His (wolf)Dog

"Have you ever had one that got away?" Jeongwoo asked out of the blue as he walked around with Sanggyun. "What?" Asked Sanggyun as he blinked. "I mean you hunt werewolves right?" Asked Jeongwoo. Sanggyun nodded. "Have you ever had to stop a hunt for some reason and that werewolf got away?" Asked Jeongwoo.

"With Hyunbin, one," said Sanggyun. "Was always able to get all my kills before I ended up in his care," he said. "It wasn't due to us not working well together," he added. "The person we went after we learned worked for Kris just before we killed him," he said. "Information was hard to come by where we were and well," he said, shrugging. "Who was it?" Asked Jeongwoo. "His name is Jun, you might see his pack leader around when they deliver reports," he said. "I see," said Jeongwoo.

"Keep in mind that when we did this the whole hunting werewolves thing was limited to whoever didn't work for Kris," said Sanggyun. "We didn't get much of a list, and I almost did kill him until Donghun intervened," he said. "Left a nasty scar on his face but," he said, shrugging. "I see," said Jeongwoo. "I was lucky that Donghun was merciful," said Sanggyun. "We didn't know, and this list was still new so," he said, shrugging. "Right," said Jeongwoo.

 

~



Moonbin had no choice but to hire Jeongwoo to let him work at the coffee shop with Yoonbin after Donghyuk slammed Yoonbin into the wall again the next time they worked the same day. Jeongwoo nearly caused a fight between himself and Donghyuk for what had happened, but Yoonbin stopped him.

It was also a random day where Chunji had stopped by, and Sanggyun was keeping an eye on Yoonbin. "Sanggyun, take him to Eunwoo," said Moonbin. "No need to tell me twice," said Sanggyun as he nodded, going to help Yoonbin stand. "Jesus, is he okay?" Asked Chunji. "He'll be fine," said Sanggyun. "Eunwoo will tell me if you need the next few days off," said Moonbin. Sanggyun nodded and headed to the hospital with Yoonbin. Chunji followed after them, to make sure things would really be okay.

"What happened this time?" Asked Eunwoo as he spotted them. "Donghyuk again," said Sanggyun. Eunwoo sighed and went to check on Yoonbin. "You'd think that after the first meeting Donghyuk would be okay with it," he said. "I know," said Sanggyun. "Bobby and Jinhwan were fine with him after that first time," he said, scratching the back of his head.

"What's your involvement in it cat?" Asked Eunwoo as he turned to Chunji. "Ah," said Chunji as he scratched the back of his head. "Didn't think you'd pick up on what I was right away," he said, laughing awkwardly. "I was visiting Moonbin to let him know of my pack moving into the outskirts of Berlin," he said. "Animal?" Asked Eunwoo. "Jaguars," said Chunji. "Hm," said Eunwoo.

"A pack of 'shifters this close to another 'shifter's territory?" Asked Sanggyun as he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "I know, I'm surprised Moonbin's okay with this," said Eunwoo as he went back to checking on Yoonbin. "It's only temporary, we plan on getting one of the other countries soon enough," said Chunji. "Depending on how fast my alpha wants to move," he added. "Hm," said Eunwoo.

"Well," said Eunwoo as he sighed, moving away from Yoonbin. "The usual bruising," he said. "I'm surprised that even in whatever state Donghyuk was in he still held back," he said. "Usually if he's ticked off enough he'll do more than slam someone against a wall but," he said, scratching the back of his head. "Take a week's rest alright? I'll let Moonbin know you can't work the other days," he said to Yoonbin. Yoonbin nodded.

"Convenient timing," said Sanggyun. "Moonbin practically hired Jeongwoo on the spot because of this incident," he said. Eunwoo snorts. "I'm not surprised," he said. "Nothing against Moonbin but," he added. "It was only a matter of time before Jeongwoo was hired," he said. "Tell Hyunbin he's due for a checkup soon alright?" He asked. "Sure," said Sanggyun before he left with Yoonbin and Chunji.

"Where do you want us to drop you off?" Asked Sanggyun as he drove home. "Ah," said Chunji as he scratched the back of his head. "The nearest train station please, I can get home from there," he said. "Alright," said Sanggyun as he went to do so.

"What is wrong with me?" Asked Yoonbin once Chunji was dropped off at the train station. Sanggyun blinked. "What do you mean?" He asked. "It's always the same with the werewolves, someone hates me immediately," mumbled Yoonbin. "Oi oi," said Sanggyun. "It's not you," he said. "Trust me, Hyunbin was the same way, once the truth of his occupation was out," he said.

"Your family didn't have the best reputation in the werewolf hunting world," said Sanggyun. "People need to realize that you've been kicked out," he said. "But I've had my fair share of run ins with iKon," he said. "They did the same to Hyunbin and his father," he said. Yoonbin hummed.

"I think it's because of my scent," said Sanggyun. "A werewolf's natural instinct to rescue another of their kind from werewolf hunters or something," he said. "I never quite figured it out but," he said, shrugging. "Hm," said Yoonbin.

 

~



Hyunbin sighed when he heard the news. "And I thought we had this behind us," he said. "At least Jeongwoo can do stuff now, instead of creeping around the coffee shop all day," Sanggyun said with a snicker. "Oi, I was watching out for Yoonbin!" Said Jeongwoo. Yoonbin scratched the back of his head.

"It's weird though," said Sanggyun. "Jinhwan and Bobby were fine after the first meeting," he said. "And then here's Donghyuk who nearly killed your brother after meeting him a second time," he said. "I'll never understand it either," said Hyunbin as he scratched the back of his head.