Chapter 17

A Boy and His (wolf)Dog

It was rough, Sanggyun and Chunji's relationship. Only one other pairing had as rough as a relationship that they had. Even then Yunhyeong and Hongseok's relationship never went through the hardship that Chunji and Sanggyun did.

When Yedam announced the termination of the rest of Yoonbin's family Yoonbin agreed. They deserved it after the lengths they went to tear them apart. Yoonbin had cared for Hyunbin, even if they weren't as close as other siblings were. Sanggyun and Changjo volunteered to be on the team take on the family to get revenge and Niel even let it happen.

Ricky was basically Chanwoo all over again, as Kenta had to return to Switzerland to run the information network there and Chanwoo could only sympathize with him, knowing the unending feeling of longing to be near one's mate. They made it work at least, with Kenta and Donghan switching who would come to the coffee shop in person to deliver reports so that Ricky could see Kenta since Chanwoo hired him and he now worked with Yoonbin and Jeongwoo.

 

~



Sanggyun stood outside Yoonbin's family's compound with a determined look on his face as he eyed the large building. Changjo stood beside him with iKon and a few new members of the Treasure Box faction that Changjo had met on a few occasions.

"You ready for this?" Asked Sanggyun as he turned to the others. "Yep," said Changjo. "Of course," said Haruto and Hyunsuk. "Going to do this without me?" Asked Yedam as he walked over with Mashiho and Taeseon along with Jinhwan and Donghyuk. "No, we were waiting," said Sanggyun as he smirked. "Good to see you Mashiho," he said. "Likewise," said Mashiho as he smirked in return. "Let's take out this piece of trash family eh?" Asked Yedam. "Let's do it," said Jinhwan.

"Wasn't expecting you guys," said Sanggyun. "Yunhyeong, Hanbin and Bobby'd be here but they have missions," said Jinhwan as he shook his head. "But we have just as much beef with these guys as you do," he said. "Let's take them on shall we?" Asked Sanggyun as he dropped his human illusion. "Go, kill everyone in sight," said Yedam. With that command everyone rushed into the compound.

It wasn't as crazy as what had happened when Yedam took out Hyungwon's family since they had the element of surprise but blood was shed and Mashiho, being the vampire that he was, was the only one that really went in with slaughtering the entire family. No one was left behind, and that was fine with everyone since there were no kids in the compound. No one wanted to kill a child.

Sanggyun entered the office where Hyunbin's father was, putting up his human illusion as his face, chest and neck was just drenched in blood. "How's it feel huh?" He asked, watching as Hyunbin's father turned around to face him. "You brought this upon yourself, bring the wrath of the werewolf hunting association because your youngest son refused to become a hunter," he spat.

"I am terminating this contract!" Shouted Hyunbin's father, causing Sanggyun to smirk. "If only it was that easy," he said, dropping his human illusion and launching himself at Hyunbin's father. Sanggyun was taking his time with this kill, really letting the man suffer.

Sometime during it Yedam had stepped into the room, crossing his arms over his chest. "Sanggyun," he said, causing Sanggyun to snap out of it and move away. "I never said stop you know," he said with a snicker. "But for the victim here," he said, walking up to Hyunbin's father and picking him up by the shirt collar. "You're hereby sentenced to death for sending someone to kill a non werewolf-hunter just because he didn't want to become a hunter, and killing your own son in the process," he said, throwing him into the desk. "Kill this piece of trash," he spat, and Sanggyun went to deal the killing blow.

Hyunsuk and Haruto entered the room a few minutes later. "All done?" Asked Yedam. "All done," said Hyunsuk. "We're done here then," said Yedam as he turned away from the body to look at Hyunsuk and Haruto. "Good job you two, expect a payment in a couple days," he said. Hyunsuk nodded and left with Haruto, going to clean up. Everyone went to clean up themselves, washing the blood off their bodies. Or in Mashiho's case, make a meal off it. No one wanted to be there for that at least.

"I'll send a cleaning crew," said Yedam as he met everyone at the entrance. "But the clan is officially eliminated," he said. "I hope this is enough to remind others that something like this is not tolerated," he said. "I do too," said Sanggyun. "It will, once word gets out at least," said Jinhwan. Donghyuk nodded in agreement. "We'll see you at the coffee shop then," said Sanggyun. "See you," said everyone before they left.

 

~



Sanggyun, Chunji and Yoonbin headed to the cemetery to pay their respects to Hyunbin's gravesite. The three of them left flowers, and Yoonbin and Sanggyun stayed there for another few minutes while Chunji waited a few feet away, letting the two have their time at the gravestone.

"I talked today," said Yoonbin. "I finally spoke to Donghyuk and it seems he no longer feels the need to slam me against the wall now," he said. "Everyone that was working was surprised, since it was the other members of iKon today," he said, chuckling slightly. "Chanwoo gave me a high five and Jinhwan actually had a smile on his face for once," he said, chuckling slightly. "No one expected it, but it seems we have the beginnings of a friendship now," he said. "I hope you're doing well," he said, moving away to let Sanggyun have his time with Hyunbin.

"Hey there," said Sanggyun as he brushed his fingers over Hyunbin's name. "I'm doing okay," he said. "I want to retire but I've hunted for too long," he said. "I joined the new Treasure Box faction, and Yedam promised not to give me as many missions," he said. "I do go with Changjo though, when I get them," he added.

"Oh yeah, Kangmin asked if we were going to finish the drama with him," he said. "I told him we would, for you," he said. "I dragged the others into watching it up to the episode we stopped at with him," he said. "Jeongwoo's still around and Ricky came to live with us," he said. "I hope you're happy, where you are," he said before moving away and turning to Chunji and Yoonbin.

"Let's head back then?" Asked Chunji. "Sure," said Sanggyun. Yoonbin nodded. They headed back to the house, moving forward into a new chapter in their lives.