Chapter 14

A Boy and His (wolf)Dog

There was always something that Sanggyun hated about doing missions. Maybe it had to do with the fact that he always associated himself as being a werewolf in a new body that was killing his kind. Was this how iKon felt when they had hunted werewolves? Maybe he'd ask Jinhwan when he saw him again.

It was one of those batches of missions where they didn't leave Europe, something that Sanggyun was happy for. It had been quite a while since they've gotten missions solely in Europe. Their mode of transportation was with the trains. They went everywhere, and Hyunbin was able to carry his prized pistols. Their first stop was Switzerland, and after asking Chanwoo to see if Donghan would let them stay, Hyunbin and Sanggyun went to stay with Donghan's pack for a few days before they needed to move on again.

"Good to see you two again," said Donghan as he picked up Hyunbin and Sanggyun from the train station. "Hello," said Hyunbin. Sanggyun nodded. "Who are you after this time?" Asked Donghan. "None of yours," said Hyunbin. "But it's good to be doing missions in mainland Europe again," he said. Donghan hummed in response.

"I've never seen anyone else be so friendly towards someone who murders werewolves for a living," remarked Sanggyun, earning a snort from Donghan. "Kindness goes a long way," said Donghan. "Until someone tries to kill you," said Sanggyun. "That's true," said Donghan. "But you can't do anything," he said. "Mm," said Sanggyun.

"Who said we couldn't?" Asked Hyunbin. "That's true," said Donghan. "But, I know you don't want to," he said. "Are you sure about that?" Asked Hyunbin. "I wouldn't stop you," said Donghan. "But that would make my mate very mad," he added. "My packmates however, are fair game," he said, earning snorts from Sanggyun and Hyunbin. "What? It's true," said Donghan as he chuckled slightly.

"Don't let them hear you say that," said Sanggyun. Donghan snorts. "Longguo knows he's on a very fragile rope with the pack after what he did to Chanwoo," he said. "Kenta's just being Kenta, but at least he knows better than to do what Longguo did," he said. "I'm surprised that you let him live," said Sanggyun.

"It's just the three of us now," said Donghan. "I don't trust anyone else," he said. "But I wouldn't mind having just Kenta and I, only if it was easier to run the information network here," he said. "The three of you have a specific job to do to keep everything running here, that's kind of... Hm," said Hyunbin.

"It's a bit odd how our friendship formed," said Sanggyun. "I know right, I'm friends with the enemy, what is wrong with me?" Donghan asked with a chuckle. "What do the others think?" Asked Hyunbin. "They think I'm crazy," said Donghan. "But they don't question it," he said. "I'm their alpha, and as much as Longguo hates to admit it, they can't do anything without me," he said.

They reached Donghan's pack house and Donghan was kind enough to bring Hyunbin's bag inside with him, taking it to the guest room. "Here you go," he said. "Thank you," sand Hyunbin. Sanggyun put down his human illusion, stretching as he yawned. Donghan chuckled slightly, moving to scratch Sanggyun behind the ears as he left the room. "I'll be working on dinner," he called before disappearing out of sight.

Hyunbin allowed a soft smile to appear as he watched Sanggyun hop on the bed and circle twice before laying down and curling up into a ball to sleep. Sanggyun eyed Hyunbin before closing his eyes. Hyunbin chuckled lightly before going to unpack, getting a change of clothes and going into the private bathroom to take a shower.

Sanggyun took his turn in the shower after Hyunbin came out of the bathroom in a change of clothes and they headed out of the room, heading in the direction of the kitchen after Sanggyun was done and dressed in his human form.

"Hey you two," said Donghan. "Dinner should be done in a few minutes," he said. "Go relax in the livingroom with the other two," he said. "Alright," said Hyunbin as he went into the livingroom with Sanggyun following after him.

"Hello Hyunbin, wolf-dog," said Kenta. Longguo waved. "Hello," said Hyunbin. Sanggyun scratched the back of his head. "Who are you guys after?" Asked Kenta. "Does it matter?" Asked Hyunbin as he went to sit down with Sanggyun sitting beside him. "No, but," Kenta said, shrugging. "If it was one of you, we wouldn't be here," said Hyunbin. "You have a point," said Kenta. "Where are you going after this?" He asked. "Spain," said Hyunbin.

"I know, we probably should've gone there first but," he said, shrugging. "We have no time frame," he said. "I see," said Kenta. "So where are you going after that?" He asked. "Up to France, to see if Chan will let Jeongwoo join their pack," said Hyunbin. "It's not like we don't mind him, but Seungmin said to come over after missions to discuss things in detail," he said. "I see," said Kenta.

"Dinner," called Donghan, and everyone went to get dinner before going back to sit in the livingroom to watch a movie. There was an awkward silence in the room, no one wanting to speak but that was fine with everyone.

That night Hyunbin and Sanggyun were left alone, and Sanggyun went to grab a blanket for himself and set up a bed on the floor before dropping his human illusion and burying himself into the blankets. Hyunbin chuckled slightly before going to lay in bed for a bit to relax before he passed out.

"Doing okay?" Asked Donghan as he checked up on them. "Just fine," said Hyunbin as he glanced up from the book he was reading. "Wolf-dog's on the floor," remarked Donghan. "He prefers the floor, I could never get him to sleep in a bed," said Hyunbin as he scratched the back of his head.

"You off to do your mission tomorrow?" Asked Donghan. "Yes," said Hyunbin. "We won't stay around for much longer after that," he said. "Maybe an extra day before moving on," he added. "That's fine," said Donghan. "Goodnight then," he said. "Goodnight," said Hyunbin. With that Donghan left the room, closing the door behind him.