Chapter 5

A Boy and His (wolf)Dog

Yoonbin was quickly integrated into the employee roster, officially getting hired as a barista. It had been quite a while since they hired anyone new, and Yoonbin was proving to be a good employee despite his silence. It took a load off of Rocky's and Jinhwan's shoulders since everyone else was still out. Eunwoo and Hongseok had to return to the hospital so Rocky and Jinhwan had to start working again. Chanwoo had returned when Moonbin told him that he was sent out on missions so Jinhwan was able to stay calmer around Yoonbin.

It wasn't like Jinhwan hated Yoonbin, it was quite the opposite, but his natural hatred towards humans was what kept him away from Yoonbin. It wasn't like Yoonbin had a choice in the matter. He was a human and nothing could change that, unless he was turned by someone.

Hyunbin and Sanggyun weren't faring much better, though they still got missions there was an ever increasing threat from Hyunbin's father. Sanggyun had returned home one day to find the place completely trashed and Hyunbin started getting some stalker going after them on the way home.

"This really needs to stop," grumbled Sanggyun as they found themselves being followed again. "I know," said Hyunbin. "We're going to the coffee shop," he said. "Is that a good idea?" Asked Sanggyun. "We have no choice at this point," said Hyunbin. Sanggyun nodded and started walking faster with Hyunbin not too far behind.

"You're here early," said Chanwoo as Hyunbin and Sanggyun entered the coffee shop. "We were in a hurry," said Hyunbin as he scratched the back of his head. Chanwoo hummed. "The usual?" He asked. "Sure," said Hyunbin as he walked up and paid for it, passing along a note. Chanwoo processed the order, looking down at the note with a slight tilt of his head before handing back the change. "It'll be a few minutes," he said. Hyunbin nodded and went to sit down with Sanggyun.

Yoonbin had noticed that something was up with his brother and Sanggyun. Their father didn't take disowning them lightly it seemed, as they were being more cautious around him. He appreciated the gesture, but he could take care of himself. "You figured it out then?" Asked Rocky, startling Yoonbin out of his thoughts. Yoonbin nodded. "No worries," said Rocky. "Yedam's coming over, and well," he said, shrugging. "Last I heard anyway," he added. "This will be resolved soon I'm sure," he said.

"Hunter troubles again?" Asked Jinhwan as he delivered the drinks to Hyunbin and Sanggyun's table. "My father didn't take too kindly to disowning me it seems," Hyunbin said with a snort. "Your father was always a douche bag," Jinhwan said with a shake of his head. "When's Yedam supposed to be here?" Asked Sanggyun. "Sometime tomorrow," said Jinhwan. "Mashiho was here on a mission it seems," he said. "But Yedam got word of what your father did, this will get resolved really quickly I'm sure," he said.

"Also," said Hyunbin. "You never told me what your relationship to him was," he said, turning to Sanggyun. Sanggyun shrugged. "What is there to say? I was one of the first pure bloods that came from one of the people he turned," he said. "Then why is he always asking for you?" Asked Hyunbin. "I'm memorable apparently," he said, shrugging.

Right on cue the door opened, and in walked Yedam. "Hey there," said Chanwoo. "Hello," said Yedam. "The usual then?" Asked Chanwoo. "Sure," said Yedam as he went to pay for it. "Wasn't expecting you until tomorrow," remarked Chanwoo. "I landed early, sue me," said Yedam as he chuckled some.

"What brought you here early?" Asked Chanwoo. "Word along the werewolf hunting association is something is going on with one of the more well known families," said Yedam, speaking English now. "Did they summon you?" Asked Chanwoo, speaking English. Yedam nodded. Chanwoo nodded towards Hyunbin's table. "Talk to the son, and you'll get his take on it," he said. Yedam turned, walking over as Jinhwan walked over to the counter to get the drinks.

Sanggyun lay at Hyunbin's feet in his wolf-dog form, pretending to sleep as Yedam sat down in front of Hyunbin. "It's rare that you get called here," said Hyunbin as he tilted his head at Yedam. "I was called by your piece of trash father," Yedam said with a snort.

"So it was you that was trailing us?" Asked Hyunbin. "May have been," said Yedam. "May not have been," he said, shrugging. "I think you would've noticed if it was me though," he said. "That's true," said Hyunbin as he hummed.

"I'm going to have a long talk with your father tomorrow," said Yedam. "If it doesn't stop, you can guarantee I will take down the clan myself," he said. "You did the same with the Chae's," said Hyunbin. "That wasn't even supposed to be hidden," said Yedam. "What they did was inexcusable," he said. Hyunbin hummed in response.

Jinhwan walked over with Yedam's drink, putting it in front of him. "Thank you," said Yedam. Jinhwan nodded and went to clean tables.

"I'll stay with you tonight," said Yedam. "I will have a chat with them tomorrow, to see what I can do," he said. "Thank you," said Hyunbin.

"Does your brother know?" Asked Yedam. "Of our hunting?" Asked Hyunbin. Yedam nodded. "Yes," said Hyunbin. "He refused to become a hunter though," he said. "It's what had led to his exile from the family," he said. "I see," said Yedam. "Family is family no matter what, you did the right thing," he said. "I hope so," said Hyunbin.

Yoonbin walked over after his shift ended, with Chanwoo letting him finish early. "Ready?" Asked Hyunbin. Yoonbin nodded. "Let's go then," said Hyunbin as he got up, taking a leash from his pocket and moving to clip it to Sanggyun's collar. Sanggyun stood, stretching before walking over to Hyunbin. "Alright, let's head home," said Hyunbin. Yedam nodded and finished his coffee before getting up and following after them.

When they got home Hyunbin found the place trashed again, sighing as he started cleaning it up. "This is ridiculous," said Yedam. "I know," said Hyunbin. Yoonbin unclipped the leash from Sanggyun's collar and went to help clean up. Sanggyun was left to go lay down in his bed which was untouched.

After making sure the house was clean of trash and the un-salvageable things were thrown away into garbage bags everyone sat down for dinner. Hyunbin got a bowl of food for Sanggyun and refilled his water dish before going to eat.

"You could sue them for this you know," said Yedam. "With what evidence?" Asked Hyunbin. "He's just pissed off because I refused to kick my own brother out of my house," he said. "I'm not even a minor anymore," he said. "Do you have security cameras?" Asked Yedam. "I do," said Hyunbin. "It's recording everything," he said. "There's your evidence then," said Yedam. "Get what evidence you can, and we'll go from there," he said. Hyunbin nodded.