Chapter 4

A Boy and His (wolf)Dog

Hyunbin was called to do some things for the family again the next day, so Sanggyun accompanied Yoonbin to the coffee shop again. Yoonbin was excited for the second day, wanting to prove to the others that he was capable of keeping his job there. Sanggyun was there more to make sure that Yoonbin stayed out of trouble. Despite the fact that he was mute, Yoonbin knew how to cause trouble when the time called for it.

When they got there Eunwoo was working with Hongseok behind the counter and Rocky was delivering drinks. "Hey wolf-dog," said Eunwoo when he saw Sanggyun. "Hello Yoonbin," he added. "Go get an apron and Hongseok will work with you this morning," he said. Yoonbin nodded and went to do so. "The usual please," said Sanggyun as he went to pay for the drink. Eunwoo rung up the order, processing it and handing back the change. "It'll be a few minutes," he said. Sanggyun nodded and went to sit down, observing everything carefully as he pretended to read a book.

The influx of to go orders had Rocky go over and help since Yoonbin was still trying to learn the various drinks that morning. There was rarely anyone sitting down, and that was just fine with everyone considering that Yoonbin was falling slightly behind while Hongseok was doing some of the more complicated orders.

Eunwoo eventually had to stop taking orders for about 5 minutes to let the mountain of to go order cups go through the line, apologizing profusely at the human customers who stood in line. It was rare that these kind of days happened, but Yoonbin worked through it without complaint. It slowed down after 10 am though, and Eunwoo made sure that Yoonbin and Hongseok would be okay before sending Rocky back out to deliver drinks to their tables.

By lunch time everyone managed to catch a breather, with Yoonbin breathing out a sigh of relief when the orders just stopped for the time being. "Sorry, we haven't had a rush like that in a while," said Eunwoo as he scratched the back of his head. Yoonbin shrugged, like it was no big deal. "Did pretty good though," said Hongseok. "I think you did more drinks than I did and I got all the complicated ones," he said. Yoonbin hummed.

"We expecting anyone today?" Asked Rocky from his spot where he was cleaning tables. "Not really no," said Eunwoo. "I think Moonbin specifically told everyone to send emails this time around, since he and Chanwoo are out," he said. "We'll get hunters though, I'm sure," he said.

Right on cue two people they weren't expecting walked through the door, causing Eunwoo to stand straighter. That reaction got Hongseok and Rocky to tense, though Yoonbin wasn't sure what was going on. Sanggyun eyed the new arrivals with a slight tilt of his head before returning to the book he was reading. The stench of vampires was clear to everyone but Yoonbin and the few human patrons still in the shop.

"Mashiho," said Eunwoo. "Hello," said Mashiho as he walked up to the counter. "What brings you to Berlin?" Asked Eunwoo, speaking English now. "Mm," said Mashiho. "It's for a friend," he said, also speaking English. "He keeps asking for the wolf-dog," he said. Eunwoo nodded in Sanggyun's direction. "He's over there," he said. "Thank you," said Mashiho before he walked over to Sanggyun's table.

"Yedam ask for me again?" Asked Sanggyun as Mashiho sat down, his companion sitting at another table. "Could say that," said Mashiho. "I see you picked up a new friend," said Sanggyun. "Taeseon's just along for the ride, until a team will pick him up," said Mashiho. "You didn't turn him?" Asked Sanggyun. "No," said Mashiho. "I see no need to, not yet," he said. "I see," said Sanggyun.

"Well," said Sanggyun as he leaned back in his chair. "I suppose I owe him a "hello" as soon as Moonbin comes back," he said. "I'm surprised, that he hasn't figured out that I'm... This yet," he said. "Well," said Mashiho as he shook his head. "I'm sure he has, but just hasn't bothered telling you yet," he said. Sanggyun hummed.

They both looked up when the door chimed, Hyunbin walking in with his hands in his pockets. His tense shoulders let Sanggyun know that this talk didn't end so well either. Sanggyun inwardly sighed as he shook his head.

"Hello, the usual?" Asked Eunwoo. "Please, to go," said Hyunbin as he went to pay for the drink. Eunwoo rung up the order and handed the change back to Hyunbin and handing the cup over to Yoonbin who went to make it. Hyunbin went to stand and wait for the order.

"Looks like I'm needed," said Sanggyun as he stood. Mashiho nodded. "Have fun," he said. Sanggyun nodded and walked over to Hyunbin.

"Another frustrating day?" Asked Sanggyun as he went to stand beside Hyunbin. "You haven't even seen what a hell of a day I've been though," Hyunbin said with a shake of his head, going to get his order after his name was called. "You know the way back to the house Yoonbin?" He asked. Yoonbin nodded. "We'll see you at home then," said Hyunbin. Yoonbin waved, watching his brother and Sanggyun leave.

"What did he say?" Asked Sanggyun once they were outside the coffee shop and heading back home. "He demanded that I kick Yoonbin out immediately," said Hyunbin. "What the hell?" Asked Sanggyun. "I refused of course," said Hyunbin. "I'm an adult, I have a right to let whoever I want to live in my own house damn it," he said.

"What'd he threaten you with this time?" Asked Sanggyun. "Disowning me too," said Hyunbin. "I said to go ahead and left the house immediately," he said. "He's my own brother for god's sake," he said. "Disowning you was a mistake," said Sanggyun. "But the contract?" He asked. "It's still with me," said Hyunbin. "Nothing will happen to you," he said. "I was the one who put the collar on you after all," he said, smiling slightly. "Of course," said Sanggyun as he chuckled slightly.

 

~



Hyunbin was five when he had found the collar that held the contract. Sanggyun was in charge of keeping an eye on the boy that day, since the boy's father was out doing missions at the time.

"Lookie doggie!" Said Hyunbin as he ran over to Sanggyun, holding the collar. "Hm?"Asked Sanggyun as he looked at Hyunbin. "Papa was keeping this a secret," said Hyunbin. "Mm," said Sanggyun. "Can I put it on you?" Asked Hyunbin. "I don't see why not," said Sanggyun as he put down his human illusion. Hyunbin grinned, moving to remove the old collar then put the new one on him. Something went through the both of them, and Sanggyun knew immediately, what it was. "Doggie is mine now!" Said Hyunbin. Sanggyun chuckled slightly. "Yes, yes I am," he said.

 

~



When they both reached the house Hyunbin was spacing out, and Sanggyun was the one to open the door and snap his fingers in front of Hyunbin. "You alright?" He asked. "Hm? Yeah, I'm fine," said Hyunbin.

"You don't want to be disowned do you?" Asked Sanggyun. "No," confessed Hyunbin as he sighed. "But what can we do?" He asked. "I refuse to abandon Yoonbin," he said. Sanggyun hummed in response.