Chapter 16

A Boy and His (wolf)Dog

Chunji immediately knew something was up when he was overwhelmed with a constant feeling of sadness. This feeling didn't go away, no matter what he did so he figured something had happened between Sanggyun and Hyunbin. He went to Berlin every day, waiting for Sanggyun and Moonbin could only let him come over, since Yedam had come over and explained what had been going on.

Yoonbin knew something was up when Chunji started appearing more regularly, and Jeongwoo was hesitant to tell him what was going on. Jeongwoo knew what happened, as he had been there when Yedam had come in to tell Moonbin what happened.

"It's the Chae's all over again," Moonbin said with a scoff. "Yes, yes it is," said Yedam. "I'll take care of it, this is the last straw," he said. "Good, no offense but I don't like having werewolf hunters in this city," said Moonbin. "At least, werewolf hunters that call Berlin home, with the exception of Sanggyun of course," he said. Yedam nodded. "I'll be back then," he said, before leaving.

 

~



When Donghan and Kenta came to Berlin with Sanggyun after Sanggyun finished his missions in Spain Chanwoo was working with Jeongwoo, Yoonbin and Rocky. "Hey you three," said Chanwoo. "Hello," said Donghan. "Hello," said Kenta. Sanggyun nodded, being in his wolf-dog form. "The usual?" Asked Chanwoo. "Sure," said Donghan as he went to pay for it. "It'll be a few minutes," said Chanwoo. Donghan nodded and went to sit down, with Sanggyun going to lay at his feet and Kenta went to sit beside him.

Chanwoo came over after a few minutes with their drinks, sitting down with a heavy sigh. "I heard about what happened," he said. "We're trying our best here," said Donghan. "I can only do so much," he said. "I'm not blaming you for what happened," said Chanwoo. "But Yedam is on a rampage," he said. "I... See," said Donghan.

"How is he faring?" Asked Chanwoo. "Well," said Donghan as he sighed. "He just wanted to go home, I assume Yoonbin hasn't been told yet," he said. "No, not yet but he's suspicious," said Chanwoo. Donghan hummed in response.

Chunji entered the coffee shop in a hurry with Ricky behind him, pausing to look around, looking for Sanggyun. Chanwoo got up and went to get their orders. "Hey you two," he said. "Hello," said Chunji as he went up to the counter. "The usual?" Asked Chanwoo. "Please," said Chunji as he went to pay for it. Chanwoo processed the order and handed Chunji back the change. "It'll be a few minutes," he said, nodding towards Donghan's table. Chunji blinked, taking the change and turning to spot Donghan and Kenta. He then walked over to the table, with Ricky following behind him, his hands in his pants pockets.

"Hello," said Donghan. "Hello," said Chunji as he sat down. Ricky sat down beside Chunji, observing Donghan and Kenta closely. "What happened?" Asked Chunji. "Nothing happened to Sanggyun," said Donghan as he leaned forward, resting his elbows on the table as he crossed his arms. "He's resting at my feet," he said. "Oh, good," breathed Chunji as he looked relieved.

"He needs you right now though," said Donghan as he reached into his shirt pocket to pass over Sanggyun's dog tag. "So I'm passing on his contract to you," he said, passing over the dog tag, sliding it across the table and leaving it in front of Chunji before moving his arm back to rest on the table. Chunji blinked in surprise. "You mean?" He asked. Donghan nodded, looking away. Chunji let out a deep breath as he picked up the dogtag, examining it closely before gripping it in his hand, nodding. Donghan nudged Sanggyun with his foot, getting him to move out from under the table.

Chunji got up, moving to lean in front of Sanggyun. "I didn't want this to go this way if something bad happened to Hyunbin," he said, sighing. "But I now have the contract over your soul, do you accept?" He asked, holding it up in front of Sanggyun for him to see. Sanggyun looked at the dog tag, his head tilting to the side slightly before he nodded. Chunji smiled softly before clipping the dog tag onto Sanggyun's collar, feeling a slight jolt as the contract transferred to him. He moved away, standing as Sanggyun put up his human illusion.

"I-I," mumbled Sanggyun, moving forward and nearly collapsing in Chunji's arms as Chunji caught him. Chunji wrapped his arms around Sanggyun, gently hushing him as Sanggyun started sobbing. "It's okay... It's okay," he said, his heart breaking at the immense sadness coming off of Sanggyun.

"Yoonbin," said Chanwoo. "Why don't you take the rest of the day off," he suggested. "I think you know by now why Sanggyun didn't return with Hyunbin," he added. Yoonbin looked down at the counter, nodding. "We got this," said Chanwoo. "Go," he encouraged. Yoonbin went to take Chunji and Ricky's orders after taking off his apron and walked over to Chunji and Sanggyun. Ricky went to take the drinks from Yoonbin and Chunji reached over to bring Yoonbin into the hug.

"Oh yeah," said Donghan as he got up and walked over to the counter. "If Seungmin stops by can you tell him the situation?" He asked. "Ah, sure," said Chanwoo. "We'll be heading home then," said Donghan. Chanwoo nodded. "Stay safe," he said. "Will do," said Donghan, nodding and turning to leave, noticing something with Kenta and Ricky.

"It happened didn't it?" Donghan asked Kenta. Kenta scratched the back of his head. "Something good came out of this," he said. "A good way to look at it I guess," said Donghan. "Will you be fine here?" He asked. "Yeah, no problem," said Kenta. "As long as Ricky is okay with it," he said. "Sure," said Ricky. "I need to keep an eye on Chunji," he said. "Stay safe then," said Donghan. Kenta nodded. "Will do," he said. Donghan nodded and left, heading back to Switzerland.

"Can we go home now?" Asked Sanggyun once he had calmed down. "Yeah, we can," said Chunji as he moved away, keeping an arm around Sanggyun. Yoonbin nodded. "Coming Ricky? Kenta?" Asked Chunji as he turned his head to look at them. "Sure," said Ricky. Kenta nodded.

"I'll send someone with Jeongwoo when we close," said Chanwoo. "Alright," said Sanggyun. With that they left, heading back to the house.

Sanggyun wanted nothing more than to relax on his giant dog bed, so once they entered the house he went to flop down on the dog bed after putting down his human illusion, huffing out a sigh. Yoonbin went to take a shower and went to sit in the livingroom while Kenta and Ricky went to see what they could do about making some snacks. Chunji sat beside Yoonbin and they watched a movie.