Chapter 12

A Boy and His (wolf)Dog

Things became tense, when Chunji's pack decided to fully make themselves known. Sanggyun spent more time in his wolf-dog form because of the impending danger, and Hyunbin took caution as he went to his human job. Jeongwoo wasn't aware of the danger just yet, but he did notice how tense Sanggyun was being. He then decided to keep a closer eye on Yoonbin, as the atmosphere in the coffee shop changed.

It was a rare day off for Hyunbin, and he and Sanggyun were running errands. Sanggyun was in his wolf-dog form the entire time, his body tense. "I know you don't like these guys but can you stop being so tense?" Asked Hyunbin as he placed a hand on Sanggyun's head. Sanggyun snorts, shaking his head, causing Hyunbin to sigh.

"Who is it?" Asked Hyunbin. "All of them?" He asked. Sanggyun shook his head no. "Is it Chunji?" Asked Hyunbin. Sanggyun nodded. "What about him?" Asked Hyunbin. Sanggyun looked away, refusing to answer. Hyunbin sighed. "Okay, don't answer," he said.

After finishing errands they headed to the coffee shop to check on Jeongwoo and Yoonbin who was working with Sanha and Moonbin today. "Hey you two," said Moonbin. "The usual?" He asked. "Sure," said Hyunbin as he went to pay for it. Moonbin processed the order and handed back the change. "It'll be a few minutes," he said. Hyunbin nodded and went to find a place to sit, with Sanggyun lying down at his feet.

"I'm surprised that you let this happen," said Hyunbin once Moonbin walked over with his drink. "I'm a bit surprised they decided to take up residence outside of Berlin, most would try to take the city," said Moonbin. "Your wolf-dog is really tense around them," he remarked. "He won't say why," said Hyunbin as he sighed. "Hm," said Moonbin.

The door chimed and in walked Chunji with two other people so Moonbin went to take their orders. "Hello Chunji, and friends," said Moonbin. "The usual?" He asked. "Please," said Chunji as he went to pay for it. Moonbin processed the order and handed back the change before handing the orders to Yoonbin and Sanha who went to make it. "It'll be a few minutes," he said. Chunji nodded and went to sit down with his packmates.

"What's gotten into you lately huh?" Asked Hyunbin when Sanggyun growled low in his throat. "Quiet," he said, moving his foot to lightly tap Sanggyun. Sanggyun huffed, looking at Hyunbin before laying his head between his paws and pretending to sleep.

"Jeongwoo, take over the counter taking orders yeah?" Asked Moonbin. "Sanha can help you if you get stuck," he said, getting the order and walking over to Chunji's table while Jeongwoo went to take over taking orders.

"Hello Chunji," said Moonbin as he sat down in front of Chunji. "Hello," said Chunji. "I brought my alpha and one of his betas," he said, motioning to the two sitting beside him. "I am Niel, and this is Ricky," said Niel as he introduced himself and Ricky. "Nice to finally meet the alpha of the neighboring pack," said Moonbin. "Mm," said Niel.

"Do you know what happens when you breach the peace?" Asked Moonbin as he tilted his head to the side. "War is declared, I know," said Niel. "We wouldn't want that in a human city would we?" Asked Moonbin. "No," said Niel. "Good," said Moonbin as he sat back in his chair, crossing his arms over his chest.

"What really brings you here hm?" Asked Moonbin, speaking English now. "Ah," said Ricky as he straightened up in his chair. "It seems Chunji here's found his mate," he said, speaking English for them. Moonbin raised an eyebrow. "I'm the only one who speaks English in the pack," explained Ricky. "I see," said Moonbin. "The others can understand I assume," he said. Ricky nodded. "They understand most of it, but I'm the main English speaker," he said. Moonbin hummed.

"Who is it then?" Asked Moonbin. "I'm not sure," said Ricky. "But I'm sure he can tell you," he said. Chunji shifted uneasily in his seat, scratching the back of his head in a sheepish manner. "I think it's the wolf-dog," he said. Moonbin's attention went to Sanggyun who had lifted his head at the mention of their so called nickname for him. Hyunbin had stiffened at the mention of Sanggyun's nickname, looking down at Sanggyun to gauge his reaction.

"That would explain his weird behavior," remarked Moonbin as he turned his attention back to Chunji, leaning forward and resting his arms on the table. "Weird how?" Asked Ricky. "Sanggyun's situation is rather... Unique, in a way," said Moonbin. "If what you're saying is true then I suggest getting to know him before coming to that sort of conclusion," he said, getting up. "If that is all then I need to get back to the counter," he said, returning to speaking German. Niel waved his hand. "We're done here, for now," he said. Moonbin nodded and went back to the counter to continue taking orders. Jeongwoo went back to his spot in making drinks and Sanha went back to delivering them.

"Is it true?" Asked Hyunbin. Sanggyun shrugged, tugging at the leash. Hyunbin unclipped the leash from the collar and Sanggyun got up, stretching as he put up his human illusion before moving and sitting down across from Hyunbin. "I don't know," said Sanggyun. "Do you want it to be true?" Asked Hyunbin. "I don't know," repeated Sanggyun as he sighed. Hyunbin sighed. "Well, this is a predicament eh?" He asked. Sanggyun nodded, turning his attention to the traffic outside the coffee shop as he rested his hands on the table, his fingers twitching slightly in a nervous habit.

Chunji stared at the table in front of him, prepared for some sort of lashing from Niel or Ricky. Ricky could only stare in carefully disguised pity, and Niel could only sigh. "He's clearly a pet," Niel said after a few tense minutes of silence. "But if you want to pursue this... Feeling of yours no one is going to stop you," he said. Chunji looked up in surprise. "At least now, you have a reason to be gone all the time," said Niel. "Right," mumbled Chunji.

"Looks like they approve," said Hyunbin. "Hm," said Sanggyun as he turned his attention to Hyunbin. "I heard," he said. "Well," said Hyunbin as he got up, with Sanggyun following suit. "Let's go then," he said. "We'll see you two at home," he called to Jeongwoo and Yoonbin. Yoonbin waved. "See you," called Jeongwoo. Hyunbin and Sanggyun left, waving as the door closed behind them.